Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Society is in serious trouble - WHY?

Author Topic: Society is in serious trouble - WHY?
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
It is a spiritual battle, and those who have compromised Biblical truth have already capitulated to the enemy.

Unfortunately, even amoung Christian scholars, there are different interpertations to Biblical Truth.

I see treating the starvation of millions as a bigger deal than Janet Jacksonīs nipple showing at the super bowl based on my interpertation of Biblical Truth. Though I know there are many who indeed do see Janet Jacksons nipple as a near doomsday event based on their interpertation of Biblical Truth.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:

There are people here who do not say their belief even if they are contrary to this board. Now I feel that is a little coward of them.

Assuming you are referring to me... On another thread, I invited people who question my faith to start a thread on "The Faith of Freddy05" if they want more personal details of my life. Rather than take over another thread...
Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How true Caretaker! How True! We who bow to Jesus as the author and finisher of the faith, will be as the Jews for a season laid down in hiding. Trumpet of the Lord will soon be blast! And Satan and his thugs will see their plight. Jesus will rule. Great is Thy Faithfullness! [hyper] [rapture] [wiggle7]
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a spiritual battle, and those who have compromised Biblical truth have already capitulated to the enemy.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we have today are people with mask on claiming to be heros, but underneath are nothing but punks. Look at these drive by bombers. They wear a smile and underneath are a ravening wolves. Look at North Korea, she blows her missles within the waters of Japan. Look at the world and compare it to early days, nothing is like it. We fight within our borders between people of a different color or belief as well as out side these borders. I REMEMBER BEING SHOT AT MANY TIMES. AND I REMEMBER AS A CHILD HOW BRICKS WERE THROWN THRU THE WINDOWS BY NAZI FACIST WHO above all things are granted here political assylum amongst the Americans and guess what they don't even know or concern themselves that as fallen Americans who gave their lives for a noble cause ar now giving their life for oil.

IT IS TRULY SAID THAT THE LOVE OF MONEY IS
THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

There are people here who do not say their belief even if they are contrary to this board. Now I feel that is a little coward of them.

I am persuaded that God who has created the heavens and the earth and all life therein and things of this universe, is the supreme being. The Alpha and the Omega. There is not one soul within the boundary of this Christian BBS board that will not escape judgement.

There are those who populate an ideal that all religions are the same, if so- THEN WHY PRETELL DO YOU KILL ONE ANOTHER.-

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure that we are worse off than the middle ages for example.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Eduardo- Your comment about repeat criminal offenders is a real problem we as a society have to deal with. In the past humanity excuted people without a trial often times, so we didnīt have as much a problem with repeat offenders. Instead we had the problem of killing anyone we presumed to be criminal.

As far as stories about "back in the days I could take my kid out without worrying..." that is a short term change in specific locations. Certain aspects are worse today than before. But as I mentioned before, there are many better aspects to. And with violence look at page 4 of this PDF. It shows the history of this century of homicide rates. Today, in terms of murder we are much safer than we were in the 80īs. We have more murders than we did in the 50īs, but far fewer than the 20īs. Just because its "seems" to you that crime is getting worse, doesnīt make it necessarily true. Remember the media is reporting more and is more sensational than it used to be.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The govt use to OPPOSE gambling, but now don't they just support it and profit formit, they are the ones RUNNING the show.

What use to be rated R at a movie is now PG.

Tattos was something only the "rougher" element of society got, now you got christian women getting them.

Children commonly use language that you would only hear in the worst of places.

Sex is used to sell EVERYTHING now adays, kids are becoming sexually active at younger and younger ages, parents now have their minor children do co-ed sleep overs UNsupervised.

Look at gang viloence - children doing drive by shootings, rapes, robbery and the likes at an age that stealing a piece of bubblegum was a big thing.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We visited our son's Church last weekend. I really like his Pastor because he preaches the truth of the Gospel, but there is one issue I have with him. He does not believe we are living in the last days and thinks the world is no worse off then it was in the begining. I disagree with him. He is in his late 20's and I am 54. I can remember when we went trick or treating and we went in people's houses for treats and were not afraid to eat homemade goodies. We were never warn not to get into a stranger's car, because we had never heard of a kid getting taken.
I do believe we are living in the last days and things are getting much worse.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Oh Freddy It seems you forgot to even mention that 1 in 3 adults are child pedofilers who are freed to hunt kids down like prey for the slaughter. If you cann't see that then where ARE your eyes. You say things are better. Yeah right, it is even worse. Our generation of children are not taught values ;they are becoming puppets of a world government take over. But you Dear Freddy would believe if we all jump in the same boat and expect our government to bail the world out would eventually be signing to the same beat of a drum and note of a music.

If we do not tolerate sin, then we should be put to death. Remember sin is only define according to the Bible. If you say that sleeping around, divorcing etc.. is okay divinely speaking. THEN PLEASE TELL US YOUR MAJESTY, where will you stand? DO YOU FEED THE OLD ONES IN YOUR BLOCK? DO YOU FEED THE DESTITUTE? HAVE YOU BOUGHT HOPE TO THE HOPELESS? DO YOU BRING ETERNAL LIFE TO THOSE WHO WOULD SELL THEIR SOUL TO THE DEVIL? PLEASE YOUR MAJESTY WHAT WAY ARE YOU TRAVELING?

freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Here I go with another unpopular post [Wink]

Is society really that much worse morally than before? On the surface it appears yes.

However...

Domestic abuse. For many years husbands beat their wives. It was accepted. Police didnīt get involved. Now days, yes it still happens, but women call the police. Women leave the situation.

Racism. There is still a lot of racism today and we have a long way to go. An individualīs hate and predjudice cannot be forced to change. But if you compare the rights and levels of discrimination of people of ethic minorities today to 30, 50, 100, 200+ years ago. We are doing better.

Media and Police. If a kid gets raped by a sick pedophile today, there is a much better chance that the public will be aware of it due to the media and developed criminal justice system. That gives the impression that things are worse, when in fact we donīt know.

Conflict Resolution. It wasnīt too many years ago that old fashioned duels were an accepted way of dealing with issues. Further back, burning people at the stake because of differences in their faith. The list goes on.

Health and Safety. As a society we are doing better. Life expectancies are up and access to healthcare is improving worldwide. Though I do think we have a ways to go, I donīt think we are deteriorating.

Iīm not saying we are better off or worse of morally, all I am saying is that its not as simple and black and white as you may like to believe.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY? Are you surprised that society is in trouble? Have you not read in the Scriptures where it said ....

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that this is in contradiction to what has been stated, but I think a lot of the demise of personal morality in this nation has come from a transistion of a society ruled by personal principals to a society governed by laws and legislation. What this means to me it that people have lost the responsibility of defining their own moral principals for themselves, which in the past was mostly derived from the Bible, to relying on passing laws and regulations to dictate the morality and then looking to what is legal and what they can get away with to define there morality. I think that people should turn Bible to find there personal morality rather than the government and public consensus.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! wparr... Great topic!
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Society is in serious trouble? - WHY? Because:

Matthew 7

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I want to thank the God of Israel for allowing me to find it. But most of society is in serious trouble, going in by the broad way which leads to destruction.

What a blessing and privilege to have been redeemed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer] Amen wparr

to have our hearts truly see the Holiness, the "Separateness" of Yahweh and to desire to be like Him

Father grant that we see how Holy "separate” you are and how holy "separate" you desire your children to be.

give us more men that preach like Tozer

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our society is in serious trouble.

Over the past forty years there has been a dramatic decline in the quality of our education and morals, and an equally dramatic rise in crime, murder, suicide, abortion, drugs, sexual promiscuity, divorce, debt and other societal ills.

The experts are struggling to understand the reasons for this decline.
Is it economics?
Is it the fault of special interest groups?
Is big business to blame?
Is it caused by the Republicans? The Democrats?

A.W. Tozer concluded that almost everything wrong with our society is due to the fact that as a nation, we have been losing the knowledge of God.

He went on to state that almost all of life's problems and their solutions are theological.

The person who comes to a right belief about God will relieve himself of a million other problems in life.

The person who has a wrong concept about God will add a million other problems to his life.

There is hardly a problem in society that can't be traced back to misperceptions about God.

It is impossible for an individual to keep their moral practices sound or a society to keep their values right when their idea of God is erroneous or inadequate.

If this decline of the knowledge of God has brought on almost all of our troubles, then the rediscovery of the knowledge of God will go a long way toward curing them.

Today, the most important obligation for Messiah’s Holy Community is to purify our concept of God until it is once more worthy of Him.

If we would bring back true spiritual power to our lives and health to our nation, we must think about Yahweh as He is - revealed in Scripture, not as we assume and imagine He is.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement