Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The best free Bible resourses on the Web

Author Topic: The best free Bible resourses on the Web
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found this web page to be useful when looking for a quote or a verse

http://www.biblegateway.com/

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so great that God is working a maravalous miracle in Nigeria. I will be praying for you all may the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you, may you have patience in the Lord, for truly God is not dead. The mighty hand of the blessed Messiah saves with all assurity. -Amen
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Timothy: How is your sister?

Thanks for asking about my sister:

I have been getting everyone I can to pray for her as I have had first hand experience on the power of prayer.

Before I became saved my wife had lots of people from the church pray for my salvation. I found that everything in my life and most people I met were leading me down the path towards Jesus. I thought I would be the last person to get saved, but God had other plans and when I look back on it, it was like a huge vacuum pulling everything in my life towards Christ.

My faith in Christ was definitely instigated by prayer, so for my sister (who was not saved) I requested for everyone to pray for her salvation and healing. I asked God to put people and circumstances in her life to lead her to Christ and that is exactly what he did.

Despite the doctors initially telling her that it would take a miracle to heal her. The cancer has receded and the prognosis looks much much better. She also met a Royal Navy Chaplin (Church of England) who has charismatic beliefs and she was anointed by him and hands were laid on her and she now has many other Christian in her life.

In the beginning I was very worried, but after praying for a few weeks, my fears were calmed and a great confidence came over me that God was answering our prayers.

God is great and my family has been very blessed. I also believe that because of her experience, my parents and other sisters will also find there way to a personal relationship with Jesus.

Amen

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget this Christian BBS has the below free bibles online:

www.kjvmp3.com

KJV Bible PDF (Entire Bible)
http://heargoodnews.org/Bible/kjvbible.pdf

KJV Bible PDF (New Testament Only)
http://heargoodnews.org/Bible/kjvbiblen.pdf

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found the following to be very good websights for learning and reading about Jesus.

www.e-sword.net

www.crosswired.com

www.apologeticscourses.com

www.biblesunbound.com

www.ourdailybread.com

www.SwordoftheLord.com

www.ptm.org

The first two I have downloaded on to my PC and built a free bible library. This has helped my studies.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timothy: How is your sister?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Hi Tim: I always enjoy Vernon McGee as well. Do you know about this site? It is free (They do ask you sign up with them for email newsletters)and it is just fell of sermons and teachings from a whole host of people... I like that you can download the Mp3 on most sermons and then I can put them on CD and take them in the car too. You could keep them on your computer to listen to offline.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp

wow great site thanks

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timspong:
I have come accross a few good resourses on the web. The trouble is that here in Nigeria nobody uses credit cards, so it is very hard to pay for internet services.
Any other good sites worth checking out?

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any good web sites, but I will pray that the Lord Himself will lead you as you search for truth.

Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another place that I like because it has a lot of different people that you can choose to listen to and it is also free to listen but some do charge a dollar for downloads.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/6640/

This particular link is for Chuck Missler's teachings, I like him, but you can look around and chose from a lot of different people on a lot of subjects.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hi Tim: I always enjoy Vernon McGee as well. Do you know about this site? It is free (They do ask you sign up with them for email newsletters)and it is just fell of sermons and teachings from a whole host of people... I like that you can download the Mp3 on most sermons and then I can put them on CD and take them in the car too. You could keep them on your computer to listen to offline.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp

timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

I have come accross a few good resourses on the web. The trouble is that here in Nigeria nobody uses credit cards, so it is very hard to pay for internet services. However, I have found some great free resources that I would like to share. Also please let me know of some good sites.

My favorite 2 are:
Our Daily Blog by Jim Laphoon. He goes through the bible and teaches some great lessons on passages in the bible. (this is from a charismatic perspective)

http://www.everynation.org/en/top/features/odb.html

The other is Vernon Mcgee. He does a very famous "through the bible" radio program that is broadcast throughout the world. He goes through the entire bible in 5 years. You can now download the entire 5 year program on MP3 from his site. (this is more of a baptist perspective I think)

http://www.thruthebible.org/site/c.hvKSLdMYIsG/b.403411/k.CB15/Home.htm

Any other good sites worth checking out?

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement