Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is Jesus Enough?

Author Topic: Is Jesus Enough?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen White Eagle I agree, and thank you for sharing that you understood what I was saying about the songs. It really is a personal thng. I would probably feel the same way about the "center" song.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I just had this thought:

If we can just think about our universe and our lives on earth and as those places as if they were a giant maze.

In this maze there in only ONE PATH that leads one out of the cycle of death and despair. We only find it by the Light of God which is Jesus Christ. Unfortunately there are other lesser lights that we try to follow. We think that any light leads to the God who created the universe, but's that not so.

The Light of Jesus leads us on a very Narrow path with no turning back, or turning aside to the lesser lights. We find the Light of Jesus through the Cross of Calvary, and many don't like to go that way, as it appears to have so much pain.

The lesser lights take us to dead ends and the lights will flicker and go out. The True Light will ead us through the dead ends and never go out. We need to keep looking UP at the Cross.

Amen! Very good thought!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trafield:
An interesting article, David. The article points to one particular problem that can be summed up in one word..."Pride."

Regardless of our calling, in ministry, music, prophetic, etc, we cannot put ourselves before God and remember that the reason for any of the good that is in us, is because of Him.

May the Spirit convict us if we are trying to put our own agendas before God's plan. I am also confident that God knows who are truly seeking Him, and that He who began a good work in us, is faithful to see it to completion.

Psalm 27:13-14
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

I agree that Pride is one of the most common and easy to find downfalls for any of us.

Humbleness is not a normal state for the Adamic nature.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

I agree with you about some of the songs that are sung in some churches.

There are some I do not want to sing. I'm sick and tired about songs that tell us how to worship, and songs that talk about what we do for God. I refuse to sing these any more. Man can not do anything for God. It's ridiculous!

There is one song, I feel grieved about, and I'm not sure why. It's called "Jesus, Be the Center."

It sounds scriptural, as it sings about making Jesus one's all in all, but it also sounds somewhat like New Age mantra. Calling Jesus the Center. anyway that's my beef with it.

Jesus isn't my "center", He's my Lord, Savior, and King of Kings, and My Pilot. He's my Rock, and Salvation.

Praise God!

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I just had this thought:

If we can just think about our universe and our lives on earth and as those places as if they were a giant maze.

In this maze there in only ONE PATH that leads one out of the cycle of death and despair. We only find it by the Light of God which is Jesus Christ. Unfortunately there are other lesser lights that we try to follow. We think that any light leads to the God who created the universe, but's that not so.

The Light of Jesus leads us on a very Narrow path with no turning back, or turning aside to the lesser lights. We find the Light of Jesus through the Cross of Calvary, and many don't like to go that way, as it appears to have so much pain.

The lesser lights take us to dead ends and the lights will flicker and go out. The True Light will ead us through the dead ends and never go out. We need to keep looking UP at the Cross.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

"Is Jesus Enough?"

Jesus fulfilled all the Law. Jesus died and rose from the dead by the power of God. Jesus sits on the Right hand of the Father.

Jesus said; " I am the Door. (John 10:7)

Anyone who enters by Jesus will be saved.

The preaching of the Cross is to them that perish, foolishness, but to us who are saved IT is the Power of God.

I am convinced the further we get away from that Truth, the further away one gets from the Lord.

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Echoing that great rubric, MUST worship in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him;

{Authorized Version 1769}

Col 2:2
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Col 2:3
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Col 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Col 3:11
[b]Where[b] there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

Christ is All

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David!

What a great post! It goes in sink with the movie I peurchased "The Perfect Stranger" based on the book "DINNER WITH A PERFECT STRANGER".

JESUS IS TRULY ENOUGH!

The movie ended with the following verse!

REV 3:20

iT IS AWE INSPIRING

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As I said, I like the quote, but come on already, Linda, now you want to make an issue of someone saying they want more Jesus...isn't that 'splitting hairs?'

I think the majority of the Christians who use the phrase "We need more Jesus," know that he has already given it all and are saying the same thing and know that we need to get rid of the things that prohibit us from receiving Him fully. I hardly see this as "undermining" one's faith.

Sometimes we can have such a critical spirit, that even the simplest things get distorted and offend.

Spliting hairs... Wanting to make an issue of what SOMEONE else says???

No, I not intending to split hairs or make an issue of anything, Much less what someone else says. You might note that I said: "Is he MY life or not?" I was just simply commenting that I appreciated the post. I was illustrating that for me it was especially meaningful as this is a phrase that I do not care for and dont want to use.

I dont like songs like that that say things contrary to our faith or contrary to scripture.

I am not comfortable saying such things. I personally want to be aware when I say things that are contradiction to my faith or scripture because I feel that we have a cloud of unseen witnesses to our words.

If I were to sing that song.. I would feel like the devil laughs and Jesus cries, and the angels are confused to think that I dont not know that I already have all of him. I believe that what comes out of my mouth should reflect what is in my heart.

I dont like the song "The Smell the Color 9" either because it says to me that we cant know God. I would not want to run around confessing such things.

I believe these are a subtle deceptive contradictions to the TRUTH. I believe that we are held accountible for our idle words and that for me is an idle word.

It's like a husband and wife canceling each others votes out...

Jesus is my life/ I need more of Jesus in my life

Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world/I am powelessly in bondage to the desires of my flesh

I am a new creature in Christ a born again of the Spirit child of the Living God/ I am a hopeless sinner

I am indwelled by HIS Spirit, have HIS mind, and He is my life/ Finding you is like trying to smell the color 9

You can do as you like, but for me I do not want to make out loud confessions that contradict my faith or the scripture. I believe that we can do this without even realizing that as I have done this without realizing it.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trafield:
An interesting article, David. The article points to one particular problem that can be summed up in one word..."Pride."

Regardless of our calling, in ministry, music, prophetic, etc, we cannot put ourselves before God and remember that the reason for any of the good that is in us, is because of Him.

May the Spirit convict us if we are trying to put our own agendas before God's plan. I am also confident that God knows who are truly seeking Him, and that He who began a good work in us, is faithful to see it to completion.

I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Amen

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 19 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said, I like the quote, but come on already, Linda, now you want to make an issue of someone saying they want more Jesus...isn't that 'splitting hairs?'

I think the majority of the Christians who use the phrase "We need more Jesus," know that he has already given it all and are saying the same thing and know that we need to get rid of the things that prohibit us from receiving Him fully. I hardly see this as "undermining" one's faith.

Sometimes we can have such a critical spirit, that even the simplest things get distorted and offend. [cool_shades]

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Yes, I love that quote too! It is funny how there are little things we say that just are not or should not be in agreement with our walk and I think that they subtly undermine our faith.

This is one of them. "I want more of Jesus" There is a song... I cant think of the name... it is like "more power.. more.....(something).... more of you in my life." It drive me nuts! I wont sing it when they play it in church.. Is He my life or not? If we need more of anything it is more of us in HIS life. We were reconcilled to God's life. But that quote really sums it up! We must decrease!!

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You do not need more of the Lord, because He has already given Himself completely to you already. You just need less of everything else.

Wow, I really like this quote and will use it often! Praise God!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are dissatisfied and disappointed with your Christian walk today, it is only because of one thing: Jesus is not enough for you. Somewhere along the line, something else became more important than Jesus. Maybe you have become focused on the things ABOUT Jesus that are NOT Jesus. There is only one solution. You do not need more of the Lord, because He has already given Himself completely to you already. You just need less of everything else.

Read this article... Click Here

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement