Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Israel&TheLand

Author Topic: Israel&TheLand
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has never been fulfilled, there have been partial fulfillments, but not fully fulfilled.

Isa 43:5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
Isa 43:6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

Here is God gathering these people, they have been scattered, but they will be brought back again. We are told in this very prophecy that He that scattered Israel, will gather them.

Eze 37:21
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen
{that is the nations where God has scattered them}
whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: {this is a real land, from the river Euphrates to the Nile, this cannot be spiritualized away}
Eze 37:22
And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all

Eze 37:26
Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore.
Eze 37:27
My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Eze 37:28
And the heathen{the gentile nations} shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them forevermore.

Now that’s just a sample of the exquisite scriptures where God says I will. I will do this for these people, and we see we are dealing with a God that doesn’t change, and what if He did? Could we trust Him to fulfill what He has promised for us? That raises a problem to horrible to contemplate.

Psa 89:2
For I have said, Mercy shall be built up forever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
Psa 89:3
I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

Exo 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

There had never been such a thing before, but IF...THEN, they should be a peculiar people, set apart from all nations…BUT they didn’t, they broke the laws THEY BROKE THE COVENANT.

So, IF, this was all that God had revealed, then we should have to admit there would be no future at all, for the Jew as a nation, they didn’t meet the conditions, and they’ve got no claim on the covenant made with the Lord. However, we do find that later on God made another covenant, and we should want to know about it.

Jer 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: {Now, is this the same house of Israel? Well, it must be because God references the first covenant}
Jer 31:32
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; {we can’t spiritualize that, it is a real people God took out of a real Egypt} which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel{same people}; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts;
{If God had of done that in the beginning, He would half to keep it, but He didn’t, it was a test. They haven’t got the law written in their heart, and we go wrong the same way, we must search for the truth and we still go wrong. But God says He will do this}
I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
{there are no if’s there, not if they keep MY law, but God says I will do it}
Jer 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
{and then God appeals to creation}
Jer 31:35
Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36
If {here is the first IF, but it isn’t for Israel, it is a challenge thrown out}those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever.
{note those words, “a nation before me”. This is not just a blessing of individual Jews being saved by the gospel today}
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
{if you can do that, God says}
I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

{what a challenge, nobody can accept it, nobody can do it, so there must then, be a future for these people, otherwise, we may as well close the Book, because God couldn’t be more emphatic and more clear}

Lets turn to the apostle Paul, where he is dealing with these people and their lack of response, their opposition to the gospel; their attitude covered all thru the period covered by the Acts of the apostles. And God had opened the door thru Peter’s ministry, and he tells us here why:

Rom 11:11
I say then, Have they {the Jew} stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
{in order to stimulate them, if possible, speaking after the manner of men}
Rom 11:14
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world,{notice the words} what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Well, some say there is going to be no receiving of them, God is finished with them, but that isn’t what this says here at all. God has temporarily lopped them off, some of the branches, as God speaks of them figuratively, as to a tree. God is able to put them back again, and when that happens, its going to be like resurrection; “life from the dead”. Well, that’s what a dead man needs, if there’s going to be any future for him. That’s what the world is like, spiritually dead.

Its going to for a people, that THAT people are going to receive in resurrection life. Life from the dead. God makes it know in the OT, that they are going to be raised, they are going to know the power of God’s resurrection as a nation. And when this happens, it will be like, life, from the dead.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, I just realized Hitch is no more. Thanks David!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Hitch.. please explain to us why this is not what you are doing:

2 Peter 3:3 ¶ Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Which Hitch replied:

Sure but first you need to show how this is connected to the question. Repeated below.

Has Israel ever posessed all the Land she was promised?

No, Hitch, I do not NEED to show anything. Kathy has already answered your question. You posted in this thread a comment to Kindgo:

quote:
Soon eh? Now thats an elastic term.
Now, I have asked you to tell us why that comment in this thread and in others is not scoffing according to the scriptures posted?

In another thread, you asked if Jesus's literal presence was necessary... that to me seems also to be scoffing. I would like to know why we should not take you to be a scoffer. I dont think I am alone in wanting to know this.. so I ask again Hitch: Please tell us why we should not consider you a scoffer based on these verses?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitch, you are correct! The first time from Egypt, the 2nd time from Assyiria. Not all have come back from Assyiria, understand? Shalom
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I think the question should be will Israel possess all the land she was "promised"?

And if you believe God keeps His promises, then It will come to pass, but only in His timing.

Then start a thread.

but to answer your questiuon God promised to bring Israel back and as Izzy says even a second time. the first time was calling them back from Egypt the second time from Assyiria. there is no third time promised. There is no prophetic utterance recorded in Scripture of a national return to the Land that was written following the returm from Babylon.

First the natural then the spiritual.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the question should be will Israel possess all the land she was "promised"?

And if you believe God keeps His promises, then It will come to pass, but only in His timing.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

2 Peter 3:3 ¶ Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Sure but first you need to show how this is connected to the question. Repeated below.

Hitch

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hitch
unregistered

Soon eh? Now thats an elastic term.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No not yet,but she will again soon. [clap2]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement