Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Dominant Interest versus Interesting Details

Author Topic: Dominant Interest versus Interesting Details
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear David, I have written a couple of times in recent time that, "I surely think Mr. Chambers is saying it is all about Jesus."

But don't you think it is also about us? I mean, God is getting Himself some sons and daughters from the earth to become part of God's family, and that is us believers.

Yes, Jesus is Lord and King of the earth, in conjunction with His Father YHWH, and yes, Jesus shed His blood on the cross and suffered on the cross and died on the cross for us, and only Jesus could have done that part.

But after Jesus had done His part, after that, did it not only become Jesus's part and the Holy Spirit's part but also OUR part?

So, yes, it is all about Jesus, but after that it is also about us His new children, isn't it?

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking over some wonderful old posts! You know, people fall out of the pew when i tell them that i am continually 'preoccupied' with Christ.. I direct my thoughts to Him because i know that He hears me always, not necessitating setting aside a peculiar prayer time to pound out some grievance, request or apology. It is the same as 'praying without ceasing', when you know that HE hears, and understands, without your even opening your mouth. It is communing. Amen. To the praise of your Glory, Lord! Thanks so much. The joy that i find, because in love you bind!

It is the same also as in an earlier post about loneliness! There is a place, a prayer closet that everyone has, if they find it.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duke
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it certainly is good advice for those who are young in Christ!

Good advice overall!

Posts: 6 | From: Maple Falls WA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2)

We can estimate our life on the spiritual line by our dominant interest. How do we know what is our dominant interest? It is not the thing that occupies most time. The dominating interest is a peculiarly personal one, viz., the thing that is really fundamentally ours in a crisis. In sorrow or joy we reveal our dominating interest. We are taken up with interesting details; Jesus Christ was not. His insulation was on the inside, not the outside; His dominating interest was hid with God. His kingdom was on the inside, consequently He took the ordinary social life of His time in a most unobtrusive way. His life externally was oblivious of details, He spent His time with publicans and sinners† and did the things that were apparently unreligious. But one thing He never did—He never contaminated His inner kingdom.

God may be dealing with you on the line of considering the lilies, He is causing you to take deeper root and meanwhile you do not bear flowers. For a time your experience is—“What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light.” The only ones who knew who Jesus was and what He came to do, were a handful of fishermen. After He had died and risen again, He distinctly told them to wait in Jerusalem until they were endued with power from on high.† According to ordinary reason they would have said, “That is absurd, this is not the time to wait; we are the only ones who know these things, we ought to be proclaiming the truth.” Jesus said: “Tarry . . . until. . . .”

Don’t get impatient with yourself; your dominating interest is taking deeper root. In all probability in your time of active service you were living from hand to mouth on spooned meat,* you nourished your life by the interesting details of religious life, you had no nutritious root, and your work proved to be an elaborate way of evading concentration on God. There are far more people interested in consecration than concentration. It is easier to fuss around at work than to worship; easier to pay attention to details, to say our prayers or conduct a meeting, than to concentrate on God. Has God put you on the shelf deliberately? Why cannot He be glorified by a man in the dust as well as in the sunshine? We are not here to tell God what to do with us, but to let Him use us as He chooses. Remember, God’s main concern is that we are more interested in Him than in work for Him. Once you are rooted and grounded in Christ the greatest thing you can do is to be. Don’t try and be useful; be yourself and God will use you to further His ends.

Chambers, O. 1996, c1946. Approved unto God. C1946 by Oswald Chambers Publications Association.

I surely think Mr. Chambers is saying it is all about Jesus.

Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ whom is our all in all!

\o/

[Cross]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement