Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » ?ForGloom&Doomers

Author Topic: ?ForGloom&Doomers
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life was good, during the first 6 days of the original creation.

Each time when God created- He stated it was good.

Read the creation account Genesis chapter 1.

After man ( Adam and Eve) sinned- the goodness of life in its fulliest ceased to be. With sin came death, murder, stealing, lying, disobedience etc..

With modern technology only standards of living increased for a few, much of the world do not prosper by it. Out of almost 7 billion people on earth nearly 45% if it live in China, India and Indonesia.

Life in general is the same as it has been for 1,000's of years.

I have traveled to some 35 countries in this world, and none come close to the USA. China, India and Brazil are three nations that are waking up and will give the USA a run for their money.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hitch:
clearasmudright?

Ahh, Yep, that pretty much sums it up...

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Hitch, I guess I thought your question was about Mankind (apart from Salvation). Are you asking if life for "Specifically Believers/Followers of Jesus Christ" is better, or Man in general?

Life in general,, overall civilzation including all aspects of life.
quote:

When you say the "finished work of Christ at the Cross" (which I totally agree it is a Finished Work) are you saying that because of His Attonment that ALL people are now saved? Or only those who Believe In and Follow HIM?

When the light shines everyone benefits. When christianity overcomes paganism women are elevated, children are protected and even the unbeliever benefits directly. When you spen your next 3$ ona gallon of gas you might complain and wish it were cheaper,I do. But you wont worry weather or not you're getting a full gallon, I'll bet it never even entered your mind until just now. Why? BEcause we enforce standards of measurment handed down from Moses and it is such an integral part of our existence we hardly give it a thought. If you had a 20$ and need change you would accept two 10s from just about anybody on the street, and do so with confidence. Equal wieghts and measures are biblical demanded policies and they are ordered by God to benefit the believer. Still the rain falls on the just and unjust. Wherever and when ever biblical standards,and you can read that as christianity, are applied everyone believer or no benefits frm the resulting increase. Think of the nearest hospital,, doest it have a christian name ,perhaps its named after a saint and even so treatment is offered without religious testing? Thats not to say we dont fall short of the ideal but its better than anything else by far.

clearasmudright?

It would help to understand where you're coming from. Thanks
[/QUOTE]Let me know if I remain unclear.

Hitch

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

I dont measure the successfulness of church or the soundness of spiriutality based on church attendance by the way and I am not at all sure that it is a good thing that man today lives to be 70 something. These things again seem to me to be of value or importance to those who value this life more than I. If I live to be 107 or 47, it will be as the Good Lord wills and I am sure that by HIS grace I will be happy while I am here (and without regard to my health or wealth or political standing or whether I be a bond man or free) and happy to go when He allows.

Well increasing lifespans seem important enough to the HS to include them in Scripture as a result of and as a blessing in themselves.

A common theme in much of the troubles you listed is personal choice and descision making. As opposed to official racial segragation and disenfranchisement,,, Would you want to go back to Jim Crow and whites only signs everywhere? Comparing AIDS to polio is like comparing suicide to weather related deaths. The same could be said in your comparison of India and the US. Nonetheles the rising tide affects all and even there life is improving.

Spiritual decline in America? No doubt. While there is a lot of good there is an obvious rebellion going on as well and currently the trend is downward. Comparing directly to a century ago is difficult but I know that since then we have added the 'under God' line to the Pledge and 'in God we trust' on our coinage. While building thousands of churches and sponsoring thousand of missionaries.

Still I agree we are in decline, but the longer tern trend is up and has been for 2,000 years.

Take care

Hitch

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitch, I guess I thought your question was about Mankind (apart from Salvation). Are you asking if life for "Specifically Believers/Followers of Jesus Christ" is better, or Man in general?

When you say the "finished work of Christ at the Cross" (which I totally agree it is a Finished Work) are you saying that because of His Attonment that ALL people are now saved? Or only those who Believe In and Follow HIM?

It would help to understand where you're coming from. Thanks

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
quote:
As far as mankind overall, there's been nothing different from those folks living in 500 BC than those today. We have the same capacity to be a murderous, bloody lot. Just like them. So from that regard, no, we're no better off. We can certainly kill people at greater economies of scale, however.

Its interesting to me how the work of the Cross doesnt even enter the equasion. Even that has to be downplayed to protect the 'rapture'.

Take care

H

You asked "in general". And in general, I don't see man any different than he was the day he was kicked out of Eden.
wow
epouraniois
unregistered

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As far as mankind overall, there's been nothing different from those folks living in 500 BC than those today. We have the same capacity to be a murderous, bloody lot. Just like them. So from that regard, no, we're no better off. We can certainly kill people at greater economies of scale, however.

Its interesting to me how the work of the Cross doesnt even enter the equasion. Even that has to be downplayed to protect the 'rapture'.

Take care

H

You asked "in general". And in general, I don't see man any different than he was the day he was kicked out of Eden.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I agree life in the US was better before women and blacks could vote and little Adolph was growing up in Austria. And when polio threatended millions and 'quarentine' signs were commonplace. And more than 1/2 the population lived below the poverty level. It was certainly better for the 9 and 10 year old kids working in coal mines. Spiritually at the turn of the century overall church memborship was about 20% and an 'old man' was 50 years . Twenty percent which btw is rougly for times what it was in pre Revolutionary times.
I did not say it was without sin, I said it was better than today.

Lets talk about 2 million more people in poverty in the US than 100 years ago.

In 1900 30,397,830 people were living below the poverty level. This was about 40% of the population.

In 1950, that number rose to 45,209,208... about 40% of the population.

Today the percentage of people living below the poverty level is indeed much lower...about 13%; that is still 38,533,352 people and more than 2 million people than were in poverty a hundred years ago if you used the 40% poverty rate.

Lets talk about disease:

A 1916 polio epidemic in the United States killed 6,000 people and paralyzed 27,000 more. In the early 1950’s there were more than 20,000 cases of polio each year. Polio vaccination was begun in 1955. By 1960 the number of cases had dropped to about 3,000, and by 1979 there were only about 10. The success of polio vaccination in the U.S. and other countries sparked a world-wide effort to eliminate polio.

Compare those numbers to 900,000 americans that are living today with Aids and over half a million Americans who have already been killed by aids!

You want to talk about child labor? I certainly cannot condone the child labor autracities that occured in this country in the 1900's or around the world for that matter any more than I can condone that which occurs to this day to millions of Dalit children in India, but you need think twice if you think that child labor is better today!

Child labor was a disgrace in this country in the early 1900's;

There were 15,000 young men under the age of 16 employed in the coal mines of Pennsulvania in 1910.

More than 5.5 million children work in the US today. 148,000 youth are illegally employed in an average week in the United States. Every 30 seconds, a young worker under the age of 18 is injured in the workplace. One teen dies due to workplace injury on average every five days and fatalities among working youth under age 18 have remained consistent with an average of 67 deaths per year

Some 800,000 of the 5.5 million children that work in America are employed in agriculture, where 48% of them are exposed to pesticides and other chemicals and did you know that 20% of farm fatalities are Children? Did you know that 38% of all farm workers are women and children under the age of 14?

Child labor is still a disgrace today. Its just been made to look more palatable.

You think that right to vote has made women to be free or better off in society??? I can sight a list of statistics that speak to the contrary.

Now lets look at some things that make me to feel that life is worse today than 100 years ago:

Eighty percent of the women in prison are the mothers of children under 18.

The number of prisoners in state and federal prisons has increased over five-fold in the last 30 years, from under 200,000 in 1970 to currently over 2 million people behind bars.

We tell ourselves slavery in this country is ended! Slavery in this country has just changed hands. Today african american youth are in slavery to drugs lords and crime gangs and poverty and sin every bit as much if not more than their ancestors were in slavery to the plantation lords of the south!

In 1998, 64.4% of state and federal prisoners were Black, and 25.6% were Latino. One out of every three African-American men in the US will go to prison in the course of their lifetime.

From 1985 to 1993, murders committed by people over age 25 dropped 20 percent; but they increased 65 percent among 18- to 24-year-olds and increased 165 percent among 14- to 17-year-olds

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, over the last 25 years, the number of children being raised by someone other than a parent has increased dramatically, with the vast majority of these children being raised by their grandparents. Between 1990 and 1998, the number of families in grandparent-headed households without either parent present increased by 53 percent, and the 2000 Census placed the total number of children living in a grandparent- or other relative-headed household at 6 million. Some of the reasons grandparents step into the parenting role include:
Substance Abuse
Death of a parent
Child abuse and/or neglect
Abandonment
Teenage Pregnancy
HIV/AIDS
Unemployment
Incarceration
Divorce
Mental Health Problems
Family Violence
Poverty

Sexually transmitted diseases among teens are growing to epidemic proportions. Below are statistics cited by Dr. Meeker in her video, The Hidden Epidemic - The Rules Have Changed:

In 1960, doctors battled two commonly-known sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Today, more than 30 viruses exist.
Twenty-five percent (25%) of sexually active teenagers have an STD.
One in five Americans over the age of 12 has genital herpes - a 500% increase since 1976.
New studies show that teenage girls have a 46% chance of contracting HPV (Human Papiloma Virus) at their first sexual encounter - a disease that is directly connected to 99.7% of cervical cancers.
HPV kills 5,000 women each year.
This year 5 million Americans will contract an STD - and 85% of them do not show symptoms.

This is just 3 issues involving children and the condition in the home. Barna has a website full of data to show that the spiritual condition in america is on the decline.

I could go on, but it is doubtful that it will make any difference.

I dont measure the successfulness of church or the soundness of spiriutality based on church attendance by the way and I am not at all sure that it is a good thing that man today lives to be 70 something. These things again seem to me to be of value or importance to those who value this life more than I. If I live to be 107 or 47, it will be as the Good Lord wills and I am sure that by HIS grace I will be happy while I am here (and without regard to my health or wealth or political standing or whether I be a bond man or free) and happy to go when He allows.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
I find it very deceitful for anyone to set up a question with no parameters in what seems like an attempt to 'trap' folks who don't answer the way the poster thinks they should...

The question assumes any response will be an opinion. The 'parameters' such as they are are general as is the question. Your suspcions are without merit.

This is a debate forum. When a a post is made it is subject to examination

However if someone wants to make a thread and entertain only those who agree, say "For those expecting the rapture in 5 years or less" thats fine. I dont know the specific rules here regarding this sort of thing but I would certainly honor such a request. On the other hand I prefer to leave the thread wide open so long as, at least at first, the original question is addressed. That means both your comments and mine are subject to further questioning by anyone interested.

Take care

Hitch

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it very deceitful for anyone to set up a question with no parameters in what seems like an attempt to 'trap' folks who don't answer the way the poster thinks they should...

--------------------

Hitch
unregistered

Take care

H

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The question is, in general terms;

When was life ever better than is is today?

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

That's pretty vague--is life better? Even in general terms. Depends on the context in which you ask.

I can assume my life is better than my grand parents or even my great grandparents because I'm assuming my environment is better. I have more free time to piddle. Most of their time was expended in providing a living for their families (tilling, tending livestock, etc). Do I have a better life? Not sure--I have, what I consider as a better environment. But maybe they would think differently about me lounging around watching TV or messing on the internet. They may even pity me as this is no way to live a productive life.

Is our lives better than those in Africa or India? I'd say so. But their down fall is their economic system.

If even one of our cities gets wiped out by even the smallest nuke, distrupting the entire supply chain of goods and services, it will throw off the entire country and then we probably won't be any better off than those in India, etc. Probably worse, since maybe 1/2 the people in this country have no clue even how to feed themselves without a grocery store.

My grand parents and great grandparents and beyond were self sufficient. I would guess they would conclude we're worse off (given the potential) than they ever were. And because we're no where near being self sufficient and we're dependent on the productivity of others (farmers, distributors, markets, etc), I suggest this is overwhelming reason why people will be willing accept the mark of the beast. Otherwise they starve.

My grandfather used to tell me that if I had my land paid off, I had nothing else to worry about. You'll always be able to eat.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
quote:
So when was life better than today?
Does not the answer to this depend a great deal on your perspective of what "life" is?

If I am a born again believer, then today.. life has never been better for I am not what I will be one day, but neither am I what I once was and my LIFE is Christ! But then for me life is above and not below is it not?

But if we speak of "life" on this earth, then I would say that life on this earth in the USA was better 100 years ago than it is today.

I agree life in the US was better before women and blacks could vote and little Adolph was growing up in Austria. And when polio threatended millions and 'quarentine' signs were commonplace. And more than 1/2 the population lived below the poverty level. It was certainly better for the 9 and 10 year old kids working in coal mines. Spiritually at the turn of the century overall church memborship was about 20% and an 'old man' was 50 years . Twenty percent which btw is rougly for times what it was in pre Revolutionary times.
quote:

But that is because I do not measure the quality of life on this earth in terms of convenience or technology.

So then, the question becomes relative.

I believe that scripturally speaking, sin and evil does grow until the point that the whole of the lump that it is in becomes leavened, and if this earth is the lump in which evil was deposited it wil continue to be leavened until Christ returns and evil is bound for 1000 years and then after that it will be destroyed.

Well I ve said already ,futurism dismisses the thousands of years of work on part of the Holy Spirit as utter failure. Too bad.

I will invite your comments wrt leaven on ParaboliclySpeaking.

Take care

Hitch

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does not the answer to this depend a great deal on your perspective of what "life" is?

If I am a born again believer, then today.. life has never been better for I am not what I will be one day, but neither am I what I once was and my LIFE is Christ! But then for me life is above and not below is it not?

But if we speak of "life" on this earth, then I would say that life on this earth in the USA was better 100 years ago than it is today.

But that is because I do not measure the quality of life on this earth in terms of convenience or technology.

So then, the question becomes relative.

I believe that scripturally speaking, sin and evil does grow until the point that the whole of the lump that it is in becomes leavened, and if this earth is the lump in which evil was deposited it wil continue to be leavened until Christ returns and evil is bound for 1000 years and then after that it will be destroyed.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:
All over 'christian' borads in America the consatant drone is that darkness and evil will prevail. Everything gets worse and worse until Jesus rides in like the Cavalry of western legend and saves the tiny and ever decreasing holy remenant...

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

I've Got The Answer!!!! Before Eve took a bite of that forbidden fruit. That's when life was better then anytime after (including today) [youpi]
Have you too forgotten the Cross Soft?

Tell me,,,which is greater. What we lost in Adam or what we gained in Christ?

take care

Hitch

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
All over 'christian' borads in America the consatant drone is that darkness and evil will prevail. Everything gets worse and worse until Jesus rides in like the Cavalry of western legend and saves the tiny and ever decreasing holy remenant...

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

I've Got The Answer!!!! Before Eve took a bite of that forbidden fruit. That's when life was better then anytime after (including today) [youpi]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Maybe you were thinking of a different thread.

Yep... seems I goofed, sorry. I just scrolled back and Re-Read the first post. I must have been thinking of another thread [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
The gloom and doom....in my opinion......is for the tribulation....and we will not be here for it.

We will be with Jesus in heaven when all that is played out and then return after the trib to rule and reign with Him.

Rapture watchers are EASILY misunderstood ~ so many folks think we LIKE to *FOCUS* on GLOOM AND DOOM..... [Eek!]

Nothing could be further from the truth *HOWEVER* seeing all the signs of gloom & doom, to us, is a guidepost that we are just ALMOST THERE {to realizing how BLESSED HOPE!!

Jesus is coming Soon! [clap2] [youpi] [clap2]

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
Hitch:

When you ask a general question with no specifics, you are going to get lots of various answers.

I think that in no other time in history before this, has man had the potential to destroy this planet....except in the Days of Noah.

Since we now have had nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, mankind does have the ability to waste this planet and most of the people on it.

That's not better.

In the days of Noah, the people were going headlong into a self-induced genocide by mating with fallen angels and only Noah had clean human linage.

Mankind now has the ability again to mix and match genomes of species. Here we are at the days of Noah.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Im surprized this{the fallen angel nonsense) is allowed here.

But it is interesting that no one has said the First Advent resulted in an advance of any kind. Futurists ,as a group, basicly dismiss the thoussands of years of work on the part of the Holy Spirt trading it all for the slim chance of cheating death, scratching oneanothers ears with the latest 'sure sign'.'

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitch:

When you ask a general question with no specifics, you are going to get lots of various answers.

I think that in no other time in history before this, has man had the potential to destroy this planet....except in the Days of Noah.

Since we now have had nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, mankind does have the ability to waste this planet and most of the people on it.

That's not better.

In the days of Noah, the people were going headlong into a self-induced genocide by mating with fallen angels and only Noah had clean human linage.

Mankind now has the ability again to mix and match genomes of species. Here we are at the days of Noah.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
The gloom and doom....in my opinion......is for the tribulation....and we will not be here for it.

We will be with Jesus in heaven when all that is played out and then return after the trib to rule and reign with Him.

Right, Sister Kindgo, good point.

I'm showing love...

-

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rapture watchers are EASILY misunderstood ~ so many folks think we LIKE to *FOCUS* on GLOOM AND DOOM..... [Eek!]

Nothing could be further from the truth *HOWEVER* seeing all the signs of gloom & doom, to us, is a guidepost that we are just ALMOST THERE {to realizing how BLESSED HOPE!!

Jesus is coming Soon! [clap2] [youpi] [clap2]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
The gloom and doom is kind of hard to take, isn't it? Especially from us who do live in America.

As Christians we have nothing to gloom and doom about anyway.

When Christ comes with His Army on that White Charger, it will make that scene from Lord of the Rings in Return of the Kign look bad. [Razz]

I love that scene! It reminds me of OUR KING of KINGS who is returning! We will be part of that ARMY.

Huzzah! Sound the Ram's Horn.

It is amazing what we do with 'All power and authority in heaven and earth'

Take care

H

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Matthew 24: 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

No One Knows... but HE (Jesus) gave us Signs to look for to tell us when that time was drawing near.

HE (Jesus) Said it would be as it was in the days of Noah... so what was it in the days of Noah that caused God to send the flood? A Total Increase of Evil and Wickedness.

Topic please.
What topic do you mean? I was responding to your Original post. You asked "How Long" I answered with scripture. You asked why the doom and gloom and why we believe things will get worse before Jesus returns... that same scripture answers that.

It's very difficult to look at all the increase in wickedness and evil around us and not have it cause us grief. If it doesn't cause a Believer to grieve, then that believer needs to start a bit of self-examination IMHO.

Maybe you were thinking of a different thread.

take care

H [

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:
All over 'christian' borads in America the consatant drone is that darkness and evil will prevail. Everything gets worse and worse until Jesus rides in like the Cavelery of western legend and saves the tiny and ever decreasing holy remenant...

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

Depends on what part of the world one lives.

We have it quite luxurious here in America, Europe, and Canada, and if one is rich anywhere in the world.

It also depends on what paramenters you wish to apply.

It says in the OP it is a general question
quote:

Physical wealth or spiritual wealth?

Spiritually are we better off than in the Middle Ages? Spiritually are we better off than the time of Alexander the Great?

Would you rate the Cross and Resurrection as advances since Alexander? And the Reforrmation an advance over the Middle Ages?
quote:

Some things have gotten better. Medical advances, health practices to avoid certain diseases. Education is more available. We have more technology, we have all the modern appliances and get go around the world by plane in 24-48 hours.

Did Adam know all the things we now have to learn in school? Did it all get lost due to the Fall?

Who knows.

The ancients built structures we still can't figure out how they did it. Like the Pyramids, and the Mayan Calendar. Are we really smarter, or just standing on the shoulders of giants?

How's that for an answer? [Big Grin]

Curious considering your avatar.

Take care

Hitch

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
quote:
Matthew 24: 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

No One Knows... but HE (Jesus) gave us Signs to look for to tell us when that time was drawing near.

HE (Jesus) Said it would be as it was in the days of Noah... so what was it in the days of Noah that caused God to send the flood? A Total Increase of Evil and Wickedness.

Topic please.
What topic do you mean? I was responding to your Original post. You asked "How Long" I answered with scripture. You asked why the doom and gloom and why we believe things will get worse before Jesus returns... that same scripture answers that.

It's very difficult to look at all the increase in wickedness and evil around us and not have it cause us grief. If it doesn't cause a Believer to grieve, then that believer needs to start a bit of self-examination IMHO.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gloom and doom is kind of hard to take, isn't it? Especially from us who do live in America.

As Christians we have nothing to gloom and doom about anyway.

When Christ comes with His Army on that White Charger, it will make that scene from Lord of the Rings in Return of the Kign look bad. [Razz]

I love that scene! It reminds me of OUR KING of KINGS who is returning! We will be part of that ARMY.

Huzzah! Sound the Ram's Horn.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
All over 'christian' borads in America the consatant drone is that darkness and evil will prevail. Everything gets worse and worse until Jesus rides in like the Cavelery of western legend and saves the tiny and ever decreasing holy remenant...

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

Depends on what part of the world one lives.

We have it quite luxurious here in America, Europe, and Canada, and if one is rich anywhere in the world.

It also depends on what paramenters you wish to apply.

Physical wealth or spiritual wealth?

Spiritually are we better off than in the Middle Ages? Spiritually are we better off than the time of Alexander the Great?

Some things have gotten better. Medical advances, health practices to avoid certain diseases. Education is more available. We have more technology, we have all the modern appliances and get go around the world by plane in 24-48 hours.

Did Adam know all the things we now have to learn in school? Did it all get lost due to the Fall?

Who knows.

The ancients built structures we still can't figure out how they did it. Like the Pyramids, and the Mayan Calendar. Are we really smarter, or just standing on the shoulders of giants?

How's that for an answer? [Big Grin]

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:

Topic please.
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
In the Garden of Eden before sin enter through disobedience!

It has continually gotten worse day by day, and will only get worse until Yeshua returns.

The only thing hindering total evil is the small remnant of Yahweh’s people that have been empowered by the Holy Sprit to love Yahweh with all that is in them and love their neighbor as they love themselves.

Even so come quickly Yeshua!

So the wolrd was better before Christ was born? And before the Cross ? LOL
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Garden of Eden before sin enter through disobedience!

It has continually gotten worse day by day, and will only get worse until Yeshua returns.

The only thing hindering total evil is the small remnant of Yahweh’s people that have been empowered by the Holy Sprit to love Yahweh with all that is in them and love their neighbor as they love themselves.

Even so come quickly Yeshua!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

50 years ago?

100 years ago?

500 years ago?

1,000 years ago?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement