Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » ?ForFuturists

Author Topic: ?ForFuturists
Hitch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
The Word declares that the resurrected and raptured saints will return and rule with Christ.

Rev. 19:
8: And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

14: And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev. 20:
4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Actually DF teaching says the 'raptured' saints will live in a literalized version of the FourSquare city. But hey attacking the teaching of Walvoord and Pentecost is one of my favorite pastimes.(except when they are right of course)

If you like i'll produce the quotes. I have to find my book and type them out manually or I would haved posted them already.

Take care

Hitch

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
The Word declares that the resurrected and raptured saints will return and rule with Christ.

Rev. 20:
4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

AMEN Bro Drew!

HITCH, if there is no physical reign of Jesus on earth for 1,000 years, as you appear to claim, then what do you do with this verse? Or the whole of chapters 19 and 20 of Revelation?

I have a thread entitled FirstResurrection . It contains quite a few details. So look that over and if you have any questions 'Ill be glad to answer.

In the mean at some point I will start a thread dedicated to a specific question wrt the Millennium. You get a preview.

The questioin will revolve around two points. One is what is you think Christ can accomplish with his physical presence that he cannot do today? The second part will question just what the individual believer hopes to gain . After all the Scripture say we live and reigns in life through Jesus Christ.

But the focus here is the dichotomy of what I call 'pop' versions of DF teaching,, ala Hal Lindsey, Dave Hunt, TBN etc and the classical or scholarly version of Dallas Theological Seminary and the Scofield Reference Bible. Most folks dont know theres a difference but as seen already in the KindomOffer thread some folks will flatley reject what was designed as the foundational teachings behind the pre-tribulational rapture and coming Millennium positions. Some will see the importance of this and some wont.

Take care

Hitch

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Rev. 20:

AMEN Bro Drew!

HITCH, if there is no physical reign of Jesus on earth for 1,000 years, as you appear to claim, then what do you do with this verse? Or the whole of chapters 19 and 20 of Revelation?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rev. 19:
8: And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

14: And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev. 20:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Maybe DTS teaches something else and maybe your understanding of what they teach is in error.

LOL The trugh is that you dont know, but youjust copuld let a chance to cast suspecion go...typical. But at least its connected to the topic.

I do occasionly have great fun when the self professed Df finds out they have been agruing not with Hitch but Dr John and Dr Dwight.

Anyway I've seen that you have made other responses and I will answer in detail, but not today.

Take care

Hitch
quote:

It is entirely irrelevant to me, as the WORD is the imperative, and my source of truth. After almost 30 years I take what is presented to the Word for verification. If someone brings a concept to the theological table which is contrary then their theology becomes suspect and their credibility reduced.

You and your type have a habit of elevating your presonal preferences and opinions to an astoundingly high degree. Perhaps you can direct me to the passage which says all must agree with you on every point, Ive not been able to find it thus far.
quote:

This is why preterism has no theological credibility.

On the contrary no one can claim anyhing of Christ unless he believe that Christ has come and that God sent Him.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe DTS teaches something else and maybe your understanding of what they teach is in error.

It is entirely irrelevant to me, as the WORD is the imperative, and my source of truth. After almost 30 years I take what is presented to the Word for verification. If someone brings a concept to the theological table which is contrary then their theology becomes suspect and their credibility reduced.

This is why preterism has no theological credibility.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
What is imperative is what the Word says.

Thats like saying it lighter when the sun is up.

I think its interesting though, how often self declared DFs dont know this basic fact. Or much else WRT the basis of DF teaching.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

What is imperative is what the Word says.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Hitch
unregistered

quote:

Rev. 19:

Rev. 20:

Are you aware that this is contrary to the classical DF position as taught at Dallas Theoligical Seminary?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Rev. 19:

Rev. 20:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Hitch
unregistered

Does your view of the Millennium include the resurrected saints living on earth during the 1,000 years?

Hitch

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement