Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » A Key Gog-Magog Development

Author Topic: A Key Gog-Magog Development
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Key Gog-Magog Development
by Michael G. Mickey

(4-29-06)

Are key developments crucial to the future fulfillment of Bible prophecy visible in the news around us, particularly developments related to the Gog-Magog invasion attempt prophecy tells us will eventually be made against Israel, as described in Ezekiel 38-39? Absolutely, as I love to point out at every opportunity.

For some time I've alluded to the fact Bible prophecy seems to foresee current NATO member Turkey, which is presently trying to gain membership in the European Union, oddly turning its back on the West, joining Russia and its Arab-Muslim brothers in a confederacy against Israel. In support of this theory, let's look back a mere 8 months to see how dramatically things have changed as Turkey continues to posture itself much as I have suggested it needs to in order for prophetic fulfillment to occur. What the following reveals is Turkey is moving away from the European Union and the West before our very eyes; toward Russia and the East. I wrote of the following developments of late on the dates provided below. For many of my site's regular readers, a great deal of this will be a review, but the terminus of this commentary is well worth the refresher as it will definitely sit you back in your seat!

Thanks to A.P. Gillespie for passing along the news story featured at the end of this string of information as it contains the most dramatic language I've seen used to date, indicative of how swiftly the Turks seem to be moving toward a future date at Gog-Magog.

On 8-28-05, I wrote, in part...

Bible prophecy seems to tell us modern day Turkey (biblical Meshech, Tubal, Gomer, and Togarmah), is going to join Russia and an Arab/Islamic alliance in an attempt to invade the nation of Israel in the prophetic future, as seen in the 38th chapter of the book of Ezekiel. Could it be we're seeing, in the news of our world today, evidence the military alliance of the Gog-Magog invasion is coming into view on the prophetic horizon? Absolutely!

Middle East Newsline is currently reporting Turkey, long an enemy of Russia and vice versa, "has been examining a range of offers of military and defense systems from Russia." Imagine that!

The article quotes a Turkish official as saying the following, which is very revealing in my opinion: "Many things have changed over the last year, and the key change is that Russia and Turkey are no longer enemies and that Moscow is no longer an enemy of NATO."

On 11-18-05, I wrote, in part...

Recently, Turkey has been in the news - and often - in relation to its stated desire to join the European Union. Bible prophecy, however, points to Turkey having a relationship with Russia in the prophetic future when the two will join a number of other nations in a surprise attack on the nation of Israel described in Ezekiel 38 & 39, predictive of the future Gog-Magog invasion attempt. This I have alluded to on many occasions and told readers of my site to be watching for signs of in preparation for prophetic fulfillment to occur in the future!

Praise the Lord! Before our very eyes, everything is moving into place as predicted by the prophet Ezekiel, demonstrating yet again that our God is alive, on the throne, and in control! Not only that, but Jesus Christ is coming soon!

Still not convinced that what I've said is going to take place is, in fact, going to take place - that Turkey will turn from its EU entry goals and into the arms of its Gog-Magog allies? Consider the following excerpt from the same Guardian Unlimited article, the passage being absolutely prophetic in content, at least in my humble opinion:

Many Turks have grown increasingly frustrated with Europe's ambivalence toward accepting the overwhelmingly Muslim nation. In 2002, a top Turkish general said that Turkey's efforts to join the EU were doomed to failure and Turkey should look toward gas-rich Russia and Iran for alliances.
For the record, Iran is prophesied to be an ally of both Turkey and Russia when the prophesied Gog-Magog invasion attempt takes place. As we can see, the prophecies of the Bible, written literally thousands of years ago, continue to be perfectly accurate in predicting what is going to take place in the future.

Turkey and Russia are warming up to one another! How about that, prophecy watchers?
On 1-11-06, I wrote, in part...

Secondly, on the issue of the coming Gog-Magog attack, TehranTimes.com is reporting that Iranian president Mahmud Ahmadinejad said earlier this week that "Iran and Turkey can act as a link between the East and the West in various economic, political and security fields." Iran and Turkey a link between the East and West?

What odd bedfellows one would think Iran and Turkey would make, given Turkey is a member of NATO presently trying to gain membership into the European Union - the same EU the Iranians are presently in conflict with in relation to its nuclear goals. Or would they? As I've stated on numerous occasions, I have been anticipating Turkey growing closer to its future Gog-Magog allies in preparation for Gog-Magog to occur. As such, this comes as no real surprise to me.

The following excerpt from the TehranTimes.com article, a continuation of Ahmadinejad's opinions and statements concerning Iran-Turkey relations, is demonstrative, in my humble opinion, that things are becoming pretty chummy between Iran and Turkey, a development which those of us watching for prophetic fulfillment of Ezekiel's prophecy should make note of (emphasis added mine):

Speaking with the outgoing Turkish ambassador to Iran, Bozkurt Aran, the president said that Iran and Turkey enjoy extensive historical ties.
Besides cultural affinities, Iran and Turkey hold very similar interests in national, regional and international issues, he noted.

Ahmadinejad stated that Tehran and Ankara play a decisive role in the region, the world of Islam and the international arena. The president stressed the necessity to expand bilateral ties in all fields in an effort to fulfill the expectations of the Iranian, Turkish and all Muslim nations.

“In view of huge potentials for promotion of ties and the determination of the officials of the two countries, we are waiting for a jump in bilateral relations,” he observed.

Is it just me or are we seeing Gog-Magog taking shape before our very eyes? Those nations anticipated to be friends at the time of the Gog-Magog attack are presently friends or at the very least showing promise of such. Even those most wouldn't think are close to one another in ideology and long-term goals, namely Turkey and Iran, are growing closer, demonstrating the accuracy of the Word of God in telling us how all things are going to play out in the end.

On 2-28-06, I wrote, in part...

Turkey and Russia, demonstrative of how dramatically things are changing in preparation for the literal fulfillment of Bible prophecy to occur, only recently got on good terms with one another, having battled one another for regional supremacy for centuries. Less than two years ago, Russian president Vladimir Putin, for example, became the very first Russian head of state to visit Ankara, during which Turkey and Russia signed six agreements covering defense, trade and finance, as was reported by the BBC.

How quickly things have changed when we consider some of what Prof. Ruben Safrastyan, Ph.D., wrote in June of 2005 concerning Turkey and Russia's recent past history, as seen in a Global Politician article:

In 1992-1993, Turkey threatened to use force against Armenia, which followed by a swift and hard counteraction by Russia, which openly declared its readiness to use nuclear weapon against Turkey. Both states in that period not only were strategic opponents, but also took the counter-partner as a bearer of the military threat. In this sense, it is worth mentioning the statement by the Chief of the Headquarters of the Turkish troops, made in 1994, that Russia is the only state, posing a military threat to Turkey.
Russia was ready to nuke Turkey a short time ago, but now they're practicing war together. How can anyone question that the literal fulfillment of Ezekiel's prophecy concerning Russia and an Arab confederacy, among which Turkey will be numbered, coming against the nation of Israel in the end times is going to take place? For that matter, who can doubt, in light of these latest developments, that this event is on the prophetic horizon?

On 4-17-06, I wrote, in part...

An EUBusiness.com article from late March indicates Turkey's EU talks are already running up against obstacles, "due to some members' reticence about the vast Muslim country joining." Am I surprised to hear that? Absolutely not!

In the 38th & 39th chapters of the book of Ezekiel, we're told a military invasion attempt will take place in the prophetic future against the nation of Israel. Those who will participate in this attack are as follows:

Gog - Most agree this is a reference to Russia.
Meshech - Most associate this with modern day Turkey, ancient Anatolia, but some say it refers to the Moscow area.
Tubal - Most associate this with modern day Turkey, ancient Anatolia.
Persia - modern Iran
Ethiopia
Libya
Gomer - eastern Europe or Turkey
Togarmah - southeastern Europe or Turkey
When we look at the group that will attack Israel, it becomes obvious, aside from Russia, that the nations which will attack Israel are Muslim nations. While I don't profess to be a geographical scholar, all the research I've done seems to make it clear that Turkey is going to be involved in the attack, in opposition to its long-standing loyalty to western ideologies as a present member of NATO, aligned with its Arab-Muslim brothers.

Could a blow-up between the EU and Turkey be in the making? I believe there's an excellent chance that's the case. Time will tell.

4-29-06: Here comes the terminus...

The headline of an article featured in The New Anatolian says it all: Turkey's loss of faith in EU, greater ambitions in Mideast.

As dramatic as the headline is, the article's content, from which the following excerpt was obtained, makes the prophetic posturing even more obvious:

Quite surprisingly as the AK Party loses faith in the EU process this corresponds to a stronger interest and involvement in the Middle East. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's decision to have direct talks with Hamas, his participation in the recent Arab League summit, his Syria policy and criticism of several Western policies towards the region are very recent examples of this.

These steps are confusing to many and raise questions on whether the AK Party is shifting towards an Islamist agenda in its foreign policy and also searching for some new alliances. It's very difficult to find a clear-cut answer to either questions; what's certain is that the AK Party is slowly in search of some new alliances but there can be no alternative to the EU in the Middle East. So what could be behind these moves?

What could be behind these moves? I'm guessing the answer lies in the book of Ezekiel, chapters 38-39. How about you?

Keep looking up!

Jesus is coming again!
http://www.rapturealert.com/2006/042906keydevelopment.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement