Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Three days and Three nights

Author Topic: Three days and Three nights
Bob10
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Thunderz7
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 6:13 through Romans 6:19 (KJV)

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by David:
The key to understanding this issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to make the Israelites know how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments for example), some of them were to show them how to worship God (the sacrificial system), some of them were to simply make the Israelites different from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law applies to us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).

In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) which is to, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40). If we do these two things, we will be fulfilling all that Christ wants for us to do, “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3). Technically, the Ten Commandments are not even applicable to Christians. However, 9 of the Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God we won't be worshipping other gods or worshipping idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we won't be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them. So, we are not under any of the requirements of the Old Testament law. We are to love God and love our neighbors. If we do those two things faithfully, everything else will fall into place.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

This is a quote from Levitcus;

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

We are certainly not realted to the Law the same way the Nation was, but it is grossly overstepping to say "we are not under any of the requirements of the Old Testament law." Especially when the proof text is a quote of that Law, made by Jesus Himself. So the Decalogue is as applicable to Christians as it was the old Nation, they were ,as we are bound to love our nieghbor. The Law teaches us what that means is every day life.

Take care

Hitch

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sticking to the main topic of a thread gets harder and harder around here.

I agree that there were two sabbath's the week Jesus was crucified;
the High Day Sabbath and the weekly Sabbath;
I agree that Jesus was put in the tomb at sundown Wednesday and rose sundown Saturday;
three days and three nights, just as HE said.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

The WORD, who is GOD, knows there are 12 hours in a day and 12 hours in a night;
HE said 3 days and 3 nights;
HE created the evening and the morning a day.
The written Word contains the terms;
"in 3 days" = a time period of 0 to 72 hours
"on the 3rd day" = a time of 48 to 72 hours
"after 3 days"= 72 hours or more
"3 days & 3 nights"= 72 hours
72 hours satisfies all these scriptures.

I agree it is all about Jesus Christ (Yashua Messiah) in the Passover, Unleavened Bread, and the Firstfruit Wave offering.

I agree that easter is pagan;
I agree that the term Easter is not in the original wrightings;
that the KJV writers made and error in using Easter instead of Passover.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The facts . . .
He has rescued you from this present evil age (1:4).
You have been justified by faith apart from the works of the Law (2:16).
You have died to the Law so that you may live to God. You have been crucified with Christ. You no longer live, but Christ lives in you. He loved you and gave Himself for you (2:19-20).
You received the Holy Spirit by believing (3:2).
You are children of Abraham (3:7).
Christ redeemed you from the curse of the Law (3:13).
Since faith has come, you are no longer under the supervision of the Law (3:25).
You are sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ. You were baptized in Christ and you are clothed with Christ. You belong to Christ and you are heirs to God’s promise (3:26-29).
You are sons of God, and you have the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God has given you His Spirit. And that Spirit testifies that God is your Father. You are not slaves, but sons and heirs of God (4:4-7).
The heavenly Jerusalem is your mother (4:26).
You are children of promise (4:28)
You are called to be free (5:13).
You belong to Jesus Christ and you have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires (5:24).
What counts is a new creation, of which you are a part (6:15).
Because of these facts . . .
Stand fast in the liberty that Christ has given you and don’t be burdened by the yoke of slavery to the Law (5:1).
Do not use your freedom to indulge in the sinful nature, but rather, serve one another in love (5:13).
Live by the Spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the sinful nature (5:16).
Since you live by the Spirit, keep in step with the Spirit. Do not be conceited, provoking and envying one another (5:25-26).
Carry one another’s burdens (6:2).
Do not become weary in well doing. Do good to all people, especially your fellow brethren in Christ (6:9-10).

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don't they know this a place for "sons" not "slaves"?
Amen!

I am thinking this topic should be moved to the other forum... [Frown]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

7th Day Adventists? What are they doing here?
Don't they know this a place for "sons" not "slaves"?

Aaron

P.S. In all seriousness it's garbage like this that inflames my ire more than anything. I think of the weak ones who get entangled in their empty dogmas and teachings. [Mad]

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Gospel
The dangers of the "seeker-sensitive,"
man-centered Gospel.

Click here to read this article.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

The Love, Joy, Peace Gospel

Evangelical success is at an all-time low. Modern evangelism, from large campaigns to small gospel meetings, boasts only a 20 percent holding rate.

How effective are our present-day evangelical methods when they create eighty backsliders for every one hundred "decisions for Jesus"? Some are even less effective than that - one recent campaign reported having a 92 percent backsliding rate!

The September 1977 issue of Eternity Magazine reported the results of an evangelistic crusade that involved 178 churches. Out of 4,106 decisions only 3 percent joined a local church. That series of meetings created 3,981 backsliders! (More up-to-date statistics are hard to come by. Understandably, they are not published with much enthusiasm.)

I did read that in 1987, however, a Luis Palau crusade reported 6,000 decisions. Yet, despite intense follow-up and counsel, within the first three months, 947 already had backslidden.

To those who have a burden for the lost, like Luis Palau, Billy Graham, and many gifted evangelists around the world, these statistics are not just bad news - they are heart rending! While evangelicals run around in ever-decreasing circles, 140,000 souls die every day.

Why No Brokenness?

As a young evangelist I would plead with sinners, begging them to accept Christ. When one would respond, I was overjoyed. But in the back of my mind I knew there was an 80 percent chance that he would backslide.

To test the sincerity of a potential convert who came to the altar, I began to approach each sinner in a gestapo-like manner. When I felt he was sincere, I would lead him in the most genuine prayer I could muster, "Dear God, I am a sinner. Cleanse me, wash me."

As we prayed, I would keep one eye open. Although obviously sincere, sinners repeated it flippantly. Then I would slow my voice and almost tearfully affirm, "I believe that Jesus died on the cross in my place." Still there was no sign of sorrow for sin, no contrition, and no brokenness!

What was the problem? The sinner was one hundred percent sincere - he sincerely wanted the love, joy, peace, happiness, and fulfillment that supposedly comes from being a Christian. His response was merely a test to see if the claims were true.

Sinners were not fleeing from the wrath to come. Why? Because I hadn't mentioned there was any wrath to come. Potential converts showed no genuine repentance because I hadn't given them a reason to repent.

Who Needs a Parachute?

The way we present the gospel determines the kind of response the sinner makes. Let me illustrate.

Two men are seated in a plane. A stewardess gives the first man a parachute and instructs him to put it on because it will "improve his flight."

Not understanding how a parachute could possibly improve his flight, the first passenger is a little skeptical. Finally he decides to see if the claim is true. After strapping on the parachute, he notices its burdensome weight, and he has difficulty sitting upright. Consoling himself with the promise of a better flight, our first passenger decides to give it a little time.

Because he's the only one wearing a parachute, some of the other passengers begin smirking at him, which only adds to his humiliation. Unable to stand it any longer, our friend slumps in his seat, unstraps the parachute, and throws it to the floor. Disillusionment and bitterness fill his heart because as far as he is concerned, he was told a lie.

Another stewardess gives the second man a parachute, but listen to her instructions. She tells him to put it on because at any moment he will be jumping out of the plane at 25,000 feet.

Our second passenger gratefully straps the parachute on. He doesn't notice its weight upon his shoulders nor that he can't sit up upright. His mind is consumed with the thought of what would happen to him if he jumped without it. When other passengers laugh at him, he thinks, "You won't be laughing when you're falling to the ground!"

Inoculated Backsliders

Let's now analyze the motive and the result of each passenger's experience.

The first man's motive for putting on the parachute was solely to improve his flight. As a result, he was humiliated by the passengers, disillusioned by an unkept promise, and embittered against the stewardess who gave it to him. As far as he is concerned, he will never put one of those things on his back again.

The second man put the parachute on to escape the danger of the coming jump. Because he knew what would happen to him without it, he had a deep-rooted joy and peace in his heart. Knowing he was saved from certain death gave him the ability to withstand the mockery of the other passengers. His attitude toward the stewardess who gave him the parachute was one of heartfelt gratitude.

Now listen to what the contemporary gospel says: "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ; He will give you love, joy, peace, and fulfillment." In other words, He will improve your flight. In an experimental fashion, the sinner puts the Savior to see if these claims are so.

What does he get? Temptation, tribulation, and persecution. The other passengers mock his decision. So what does he do? He takes off the Lord Jesus Christ; he is offended for the Word's sake; he is disillusioned and embittered, and quite rightly so.

He was promised peace, joy, fulfillment, and all he got were trials and humiliation. His bitterness is directed at those who gave him the "good news." His latter end is worse than the first - another inoculated, bitter backslider!

The apostle Peter acted in misguided zeal when he tried to dismember the Roman servant in the garden of Gethsemane. Many misguided Christians are also cutting off ears - the ears of potential hearers. Once sinners think they have given it a try, they no longer have an ear for the gospel.

Why are sinners turned off and tuned out? Because we no longer preach the full message of the gospel. We have omitted the key to genuine repentance - the Law of God. The apostle Paul said, "I would not have known sin except through the law" (Romans 7:7, italics added).

Listen to these words from Spurgeon:

Lower the Law, and you dim the light by which man perceives his guilt. This is a very serious loss to the sinner, rather than a gain; for it lessens the likelihood of his conviction and conversion...I say you have deprived the gospel of its ablest auxiliary [most powerful weapon] when you have set aside the Law. You have taken away from it the schoolmaster that is to bring men to Christ...they will never accept grace till they tremble before a just and holy Law. Therefore the Law serves a most necessary and blessed purpose and it must not be removed from it's place.

When the sinner sees the awful consequences of breaking the Law of God - that he cannot escape the certainty of judgment - he will see his need to put on the Lord Jesus Christ. When we preach future punishment by the Law, the sinner comes to Christ solely to flee from "the wrath to come."

Instead of preaching that Jesus "improves the flight," we must warn men about the inevitable jump. Everyone must pass through the door of death.

It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment - Hebrews 9:27.

But doesn't Christianity offer the abundant life? You bet it does! Peace and joy are legitimate fruits of the Spirit. But we do sinners an injustice by enticing them with only the benefits of salvation. Our misguided efforts only result in sinners coming to Christ with an impure motive void of repentance.

Remember why the second passenger had joy and peace? Because he knew what that parachute was going to save him from. In the same way, the true convert has joy and peace in believing because he knows that the righteousness of Christ will deliver him from the wrath that is to come. "The kingdom of God is...righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17). Why is righteousness coupled with peace and joy? Because "Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death" (Proverbs 11:4).

Man-Centered Preaching

Now let's take a look at an unfortunate incident on board the plane. During some unexpected turbulence, the stewardess accidentally drops a cup of hot coffee onto the lap of our second passenger.

What is his reaction? Does he cry out in pain, then rip the parachute off his back in anger? No! He didn't strap it on for any other reason than the jump. In fact, he doesn't even relate the incident to his parachute. Instead, it only makes him cling more tightly to his hope of salvation and even look forward to the jump!

If we put on Christ to flee the wrath to come, when tribulation strikes we won’t get angry at God. Why should we? We didn't come for a better lifestyle. Trials drive us closer to the Lord, and we cling more tightly to Him. Like the apostle Paul, we only stay around to encourage other passengers to put on the parachute. "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).

Sadly, multitudes of professing Christians lose their joy when the flight gets bumpy. They are the product of "man-centered" preaching.

Because the Law is rarely used in modern-day evangelism, many pastors are frustrated and make the gospel "man-centered" in an effort to attract converts. They don’t see men and women embracing the good news, so they turn to man-made methods.

Instead of driving the fish to the nets using the Law, they try to attract them by holding up only the benefits of salvation. Let me give an example of a typical altar call:

"Come to Jesus. Won’t you give your heart to Him? He loves you and died on the cross for you. He wants to give you love, joy, and peace. He will make your life happy and give you what you've been looking for."

Ministers gently woo sinners to the altar with the "every eye closed and every head bowed" approach. Then, as the music gently plays, the preacher asks, "Why not ask the person next to you to come with you so Jesus can make him happy?"

An Invitation or a Command?

Instead of desperate sinners knocking on the door of heaven, we incorrectly paint a picture of Jesus pleading at the heart of the sinner. This type of "invitation" gives the impression that the sinner will be doing God a favor if he responds. The gospel is not an invitation because invitations can be politely turned down without fear of reprisal. Scripture says that "God ...commands all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30, italics added).

We would never dare quote some of the following verses to encourage someone to come to Christ:

All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution - 2 Timothy 3:12.

We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God - Acts 14:22.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous - Psalm 34:19.

In the world you will have tribulation - John 16:33.

Neither would we mention the sufferings of the apostle Paul - the stonings, perils, and shipwrecks he endured. Why, it's hard enough to get converts when we hold up the good things of the gospel!

We try, in our evangelical zeal, to argue sinners into the kingdom by appealing to their intellect. We attempt to scare them into heaven by "666 Campaigns." We try to seduce them Into the kingdom by telling them that Jesus will make them happy. In fact, we use every method to bring people to Christ except the method God has ordained - the Law!

How to Fill a Church

Let's turn the spotlight inward for a moment. Do we preach a man-centered, "easy" gospel because we want to see more people saved or because we know the consequences? Are we like the mother who won't discipline a naughty child because she doesn't like the feeling she gets when she does it? She places her immediate concern over the long-term welfare of her child.

Nathan may have felt sorry for King David as he cringed under the weight of the prophet's words, but Nathan had to obey God-not his feelings. David's eternal welfare was at stake. Better the sinner be offended in order to repent, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season and be cast into everlasting fire. Where does the heart of our concern lie-with the fate of the sinner or with our own comfort?

The sinner hides behind the bush of sin. But we beat around the bush rather than beat the bush for fear of disturbing him. Yet the day will come when every sinner is flushed out.

Some Christians innocently ask, "Why not preach a 'man-centered' gospel if it gets people 'saved'?" We can preach a man-centered gospel and get results; we may even fill our churches. But adding a soul to a church does not necessarily mean that a soul has been added to the church. A decision for Christ doesn't necessarily mean a soul for Christ.

I attended one service where a challenge was made to accept Christ, but the Law of God was not mentioned. A young man stood up and briskly walked to the altar. He stepped to the platform, turned around, and smiled at the congregation. As I looked at him I didn't see any outward sign of brokenness, guilt, or contrition. He wasn't fleeing to Christ for mercy. A short time later, he backslid.

Unlike this young man, some don't slide back into the world. Instead, church becomes no different than a social club. These new converts make plenty of friends; there are regular activities and no fees. Unfortunately, they also have no burden for souls, no real hunger for the Word, no zeal for God, and no lasting fruit. A "man-centered" gospel can fill your church with this type of "conversion."

P. T. Forsyth has accurately observed:

Our churches are full of the nicest, kindest people who have never known the despair of guilt or the breathless wonder of forgiveness.

I am not against altar calls. Nothing is wrong with response to an altar call, but what sinners are responding to determines its effectiveness.

Hot or Cold?

There are only two kinds of Christian - "cold" and refreshing or "hot" and stimulating. All the rest will be spewed out of the mouth of Christ on judgment day.

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth - Revelation 3:15,16.

Softselling the gospel is the tragedy of modern evangelism. Its massive casualty rate leaves multitudes in the "lukewarm" bracket and sours the untaught to the truths of true commitment. How can we turn the tide and restore credibility to our conversion rates? Let's stop softselling the gospel and tell sinners like it is!

http://wayofthemaster.com/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Bob10
unregistered

David, I don't know what you mean by "man centered gospel". Please explain.

Kindgo -
quote:
The apostles came together on the first day of the week to break bread (Acts 20:7).

It appears that Acts 20:7-11 is more of a one-of-a-kind extraordinary occasion than a habitual custom.

This gathering seems to be brought on by the impending departure of Paul -- to bid farewell to Paul --- a farewell meal for Paul.

There is no discussion of wine or passing around the CUP.

The impending departure of the apostle, may have united the little Church in a brotherly parting-meal, on the occasion of which the apostle delivered his last address, although there was no particular celebration of a Sunday in the case.

Paul and his friends could not, as good Jews, start out on a journey on the Sabbath; they did so as soon after it as was possible, v.11, at dawn on the 'first day' - the Sabbath having ended at sunset.

http://www.rondart.com/

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Bob10:
I just see the practices of Christians in the New Testament as being quite different than what most Christians do today.

I also see this to be true, but not because of the law, but because of a man centered gospel being preached.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Bob10
unregistered

quote:
In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) which is to, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40).
Yes, David. This was always the duty of man.

Deut.
6:5
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Lev.
19:18
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Bob10
unregistered

quote:
The pharisees where always hounding Jesus about the law.

David and Kindgo,

please read this short article about Galatians.

Perhaps we can discuss it later.
I am not here to cause trouble. I just see the practices of Christians in the New Testament as being quite different than what most Christians do today. They were not wrong back then; we may be. That's what I am trying to communicate.

Thank you.

http://www.rondart.com/Galatians/Galintro.htm

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I follow my Saviour's example, by keeping the same Sabbath day He did.
What day is that?

Who do you say Jesus is?

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

The key to understanding this issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to make the Israelites know how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments for example), some of them were to show them how to worship God (the sacrificial system), some of them were to simply make the Israelites different from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law applies to us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).

In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) which is to, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40). If we do these two things, we will be fulfilling all that Christ wants for us to do, “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3). Technically, the Ten Commandments are not even applicable to Christians. However, 9 of the Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God we won't be worshipping other gods or worshipping idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we won't be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them. So, we are not under any of the requirements of the Old Testament law. We are to love God and love our neighbors. If we do those two things faithfully, everything else will fall into place.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Bob10
unregistered

I follow my Saviour's example, by keeping the same Sabbath day He did.

I follow my Saviour's example by keeping Passover when He did, Nisan 14, a practice that got the Christians in Asia Minor excommunicated by Pope Victor ca. 155 AD.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Okay Bob, what laws do I need to keep?

I will be alright if I worship on a certian day?

What about eating meat? Is that breaking the law too?

I am not sure what laws I need to keep please type them out for me.

Here I have been a born again Christian for years and did not know that I was headed for hell because I go to church on Sundays...how stupid of me! I always thought it was what you believe not what you do. [Cool]
[updown]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

I agree we are not to just keeping breaking the law. We are to do the best we can in keeping it. But once we are born-again we are to place our faith in Jesus Christ who has come to save us from the law.

Therefore if we do love the Lord Jesus Christ we will place our eyes on Him and do everything we can to please Him. Not man and not the pharisees. The pharisees where always hounding Jesus about the law.

Praise you Jesus for setting us free. Free to love you with out the pressure of keeping the law. We need to keep our eyes on you Lord Jesus and you alone.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Bob10,

This is not a Seventh-day Adventist message board. Please do come here and start preaching their doctrine. If you continue to do so you will be banned.

Thank you,
David

Bob10
unregistered

quote:
Amen we are no longer under the law.

Why then would Paul say we are DELIVERED from the law?

Because when YOU, the criminal - the guilty man - see an innocent man die in your place --- when you hide in the bushes and see an innocent man swinging from the gallows for a crime YOU committed, the law is satisfied, it has its culprit. It is no longer hunting for a criminal---- the law has been satisfied.

YOU, the real guilty man, are free to walk the streets again, not fearing the law and police any more. You become DEAD and BURIED, and can start a new LIFE. YOU are "dead" through the body of the innocent man.

We are DEAD in Christ (the innocent man), to live a new LIFE. Christ's DEATH made us guilty ones FREE.

But this DEATH does not abolish the "laws of the land".

YOU are not free to keep breaking the laws of the land or you will get into trouble all over again. We are not to crucify Christ again by our lawless ways.

quote:
if you commit a crime and the jury convicts an innocent man instead, the law is satisfied; the law has its victim to hang. The guilty person goes free, no longer being sought after by the law or those famous lawyers. He truly is dead to the law, in the body of the innocent man.

But the guilty guy that gets to go free better not commit any more crimes, or the law will be looking for him all over again.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Hey Bob you have been trying to get people on this board to become sabbath keepers for almost two years or more.

Just so you know Jesus freed me, I can go to Church on Sundays, and its fine with my Lord. [youpi]
Look what I found up in the attic:

David

Admin
Member # 1

posted December 11, 2004 03:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom from Sabbath-keeping

Some today insist that Christians must keep the Sabbath day, that those who worship on the first day of the week (Sunday) are in great error. They reason that "Sun-day" comes from the pagan worship of the Sun god, that Jesus and Paul kept the Sabbath day as an example for us to follow, and that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for the change in the day of worship. Those who continue to worship on Sunday will receive the mark of the beast. Let’s briefly look at these arguments. First, nowhere does the Fourth Commandment say that Christians are to worship on the Sabbath. It commands that we rest on that day: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work . . . For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:8–11). Sabbath-keepers worship on Saturday.

However, the word "Satur-day" comes from the Latin for "Saturn’s day," a pagan day of worship of the planet Saturn (astrology). If a Christian’s salvation depends upon his keeping a certain day, surely God would have told us. At one point, the apostles gathered specifically to discuss the relationship of believers to the Law of Moses. Acts 15:5–11, 24–29 was God’s opportunity to make His will clear to His children.

All He had to do to save millions from damnation was say, "Remember to keep the Sabbath holy," and millions of Christ-centered, God-loving, Bible-believing Christians would have gladly kept it. Instead, the only commands the apostles gave were to "abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication." There isn’t even one command in the New Testament for Christians to keep the Sabbath holy.

In fact, we are told not to let others judge us regarding Sabbaths (Colossian 2:16), and that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath for man (Mark 2:27). The Sabbath was given as a sign to Israel (Exodus 31:13–17); nowhere is it given as a sign to the Church.

Thousands of years after the Commandment was given we can still see the sign that separates Israel from the world—they continue to keep the Sabbath holy. The apostles came together on the first day of the week to break bread (Acts 20:7). The collection was taken on the first day of the week (1 Corinthians 16:2).

When do Sabbath- keepers gather together to break bread or take up the collection? It’s not on the same day as the early Church. They tell us that the Roman Catholic church changed their day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, but what has that got to do with the disciples keeping the first day of the week? That was the Roman Catholic church in the early centuries, not the Church of the Book of Acts. Romans 14:5–10 tells us that one man esteems one day of the week above another; another esteems every day alike. Then Scripture tells us that everyone should be fully persuaded in his own mind. We are not to judge each other regarding the day on which we worship. Jesus did keep the Sabbath. He had to keep the whole Law to be the perfect sacrifice. The Bible makes it clear that the Law has been satisfied in Christ. The reason Paul went to the synagogue each Sabbath wasn’t to keep the Law; that would have been contrary to everything he taught about being saved by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8,9). It was so he could preach the gospel to the Jews, as evident in the Book of Acts. Paul had an incredible evangelistic zeal for Israel to be saved (Romans 10:1). To the Jew he became as a Jew, that he might win the Jews (1 Corinthians 9:19,20). That meant he went to where they gathered on the day they gathered. D. L. Moody said, "The Law can only chase a man to Calvary, no further." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law so we are no longer in bondage to it. If we try to keep one part of the Law (even out of love for God), we are obligated to keep the whole Law (Galatians 3:10)—all 613 precepts. If those who insist on keeping the Sabbath were as zealous about the salvation of the lost as they are about other Christians keeping the Sabbath, we would see revival.

Also check out this link:

http://gospeloutreach.net/appeal_sds.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
D. L. Moody said, "The Law can only chase a man to Calvary, no further." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law so we are no longer in bondage to it. If we try to keep one part of the Law (even out of love for God), we are obligated to keep the whole Law (Galatians 3:10)—all 613 precepts. If those who insist on keeping the Sabbath were as zealous about the salvation of the lost as they are about other Christians keeping the Sabbath, we would see revival.

Amen we are no longer under the law.

Thank you Jesus for setting us free!!!

That is if you are a born-again believer, you are no longer under the law. If not you will answer for breaking the law for eternity for Jesus is the only one that can pay your sin dept.

[Cross]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Bob10
unregistered

quote:
I don't know of any scripture that says three days and three nights...
Hi Kindgo from sunny (and rainy, muggy florida)

Matt
12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

quote:

And Bob you know what is wonderful?
It does not matter, Jesus came and we are free from law keeping.

If we are free from keeping the law, then we can't sin, because "sin is the transgression of the law" (1Jn 3:4). We are sinners. We are to REPENT of our sins.

Just some scriptures to think about

REV.14 [9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, IF ANY MAN WORSHIP THE BEAST and his image, and receive his MARK IN HIS FOREHEAD, OR IN HIS HAND,[10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

above scripture sign – hand - forehead (between the eyes) - cup of indignation – the bad guys

below scriptures sign – hand - between your eyes (forehead) - the LORD’S LAW – the good guys

EXOD.13 [9] And it shall be for a SIGN unto thee UPON THINE HAND, and for A MEMORIAL BETWEEN your EYES, that the LORD's law may be in your mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought you out of Egypt.

DEUT.6 [2] That you might fear the LORD your God, to keep all his statutes and HIS COMMANDMENTS, which I command you, you, and your son, and your son's son, all the days of your life; and that your days may be prolonged.[8] And you shall bind them for A SIGN UPON your HAND, and they shall be AS FRONTLETS BETWEEN your EYES.[9] And you shall write them upon the posts of your house, and on your gates.

It’s your decision. Who will you honor in your death? If you have the Beast’s Mark, you will suffer and die from the plagues of God. If you have God’s Mark, the Beast will kill you. Who will you honor in your death?

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

I don't know of any scripture that says three days and three nights... [Confused]

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify [him]: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mar 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Mar 10:34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luk 18:33 And they shall scourge [him], and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

All of the resurrection passages describe Jesus as rising on the third day, it says nothing about nights.

Buried Friday afternoon and rising Sunday morning works just fine.

And Bob you know what is wonderful?
It does not matter, Jesus came and we are free from law keeping. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bob10
unregistered

quote:
Thousands of years after the Commandment was given we can still see the sign that separates Israel from the world — they continue to keep the Sabbath holy.

Jn
17:14
I have given them Your word. The world hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

Lk
12:32
Don't be afraid, little flock, because your Father delights to give you the kingdom.

When the New Testament was being written, the entire Christian Church throughout the known world observed the Sabbath day? No, I don't mean Sunday. I mean what most people would call "The Jewish Sabbath," Saturday.

As late as the 80's and 90's of the first century, when the last words of the New Testament were being written, the New Testament church universally observed the seventh day Sabbath. This is beyond dispute. It is not a matter of a few proof texts and technical arguments. It is something that is woven into the very fabric of the New Testament.

http://www.abcog.org/ntsab.htm - NT Sabbath

-

Bob10
unregistered

The people who buried Jesus had to rush to get Jesus buried before the Sabbath day came. They buried Him right near to the place of the crucifixion, because they had no time to go anywhere else. They had no time to carry the body some other place.

The women, who stood near by, watched the burial. They saw Jesus buried the last minutes before sundown, just prior to the beginning of the Sabbath.

Luke says these women went home and prepared spices and ointments and rested the Sabbath day "according to the commandment" (Lk 23:56).

How could these women have watched the burial and then have time to go home and prepare spices - before the Sabbath day came? There isn't any way.

http://www.borntowin.net/radioarchives.aspx - 3 days and 3 nights tape

-

http://www.abcog.org/ntsab.htm - NT Sabbath day

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/welcome.shtml

Freedom from Sabbath-keeping

Some today insist that Christians must keep the Sabbath day, that those who worship on the first day of the week (Sunday) are in great error. They reason that "Sun-day" comes from the pagan worship of the Sun god, that Jesus and Paul kept the Sabbath day as an example for us to follow, and that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for the change in the day of worship. Those who continue to worship on Sunday will receive the mark of the beast.

Let’s briefly look at these arguments. First, nowhere does the Fourth Commandment say that Christians are to worship on the Sabbath. It commands that we rest on that day: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work . . . For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:8–11). Sabbath-keepers worship on Saturday. However, the word "Satur-day" comes from the Latin for "Saturn’s day," a pagan day of worship of the planet Saturn (astrology).

If a Christian’s salvation depends upon his keeping a certain day, surely God would have told us. At one point, the apostles gathered specifically to discuss the relationship of believers to the Law of Moses. Acts 15:5–11, 24–29 was God’s opportunity to make His will clear to His children. All He had to do to save millions from damnation was say, "Remember to keep the Sabbath holy," and millions of Christ-centered, God-loving, Bible-believing Christians would have gladly kept it. Instead, the only commands the apostles gave were to "abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication."

There isn’t even one command in the New Testament for Christians to keep the Sabbath holy. In fact, we are told not to let others judge us regarding Sabbaths (Colossian 2:16), and that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath for man (Mark 2:27). The Sabbath was given as a sign to Israel (Exodus 31:13–17); nowhere is it given as a sign to the Church. Thousands of years after the Commandment was given we can still see the sign that separates Israel from the world—they continue to keep the Sabbath holy.

The apostles came together on the first day of the week to break bread (Acts 20:7). The collection was taken on the first day of the week (1 Corinthians 16:2). When do Sabbath-keepers gather together to break bread or take up the collection? It’s not on the same day as the early Church. They tell us that the Roman Catholic church changed their day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, but what has that got to do with the disciples keeping the first day of the week? That was the Roman Catholic church in the early centuries, not the Church of the Book of Acts.

Romans 14:5–10 tells us that one man esteems one day of the week above another; another esteems every day alike. Then Scripture tells us that everyone should be fully persuaded in his own mind. We are not to judge each other regarding the day on which we worship.

Jesus did keep the Sabbath. He had to keep the whole Law to be the perfect sacrifice. The Bible makes it clear that the Law has been satisfied in Christ. The reason Paul went to the synagogue each Sabbath wasn’t to keep the Law; that would have been contrary to everything he taught about being saved by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8,9). It was so he could preach the gospel to the Jews, as evident in the Book of Acts. Paul had an incredible evangelistic zeal for Israel to be saved (Romans 10:1). To the Jew he became as a Jew, that he might win the Jews (1 Corinthians 9:19,20). That meant he went to where they gathered on the day they gathered.

D. L. Moody said, "The Law can only chase a man to Calvary, no further." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law so we are no longer in bondage to it. If we try to keep one part of the Law (even out of love for God), we are obligated to keep the whole Law (Galatians 3:10)—all 613 precepts. If those who insist on keeping the Sabbath were as zealous about the salvation of the lost as they are about other Christians keeping the Sabbath, we would see revival.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bob10
unregistered

They had to get the body of Jesus down off the stake and the work of burial finished before sundown when the Sabbath began. There is no slack in here. I have included all this information to establish that Jesus’ body went into the tomb in the last moments before the sun went down, beginning the Sabbath day.

So our question is, was this late on Friday, just before the Sabbath, or late on Wednesday, just before the festival Sabbath? The latter of these alternatives would give us our three days and three nights.

http://www.rondart.com/Book%20Holidays/7%20Three%20Days%20an%20three%20nights.htm

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement