Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » He that feareth

Author Topic: He that feareth
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple and to the point Softtouch [thumbsup2]

Hey J4Jesus open your herat Yahweh is calling
[Prayer]
Dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
knowing that, what does a Backslider do?

Make the decision and commitment to stop backsliding would be a real good first step [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
knowing that, what does a Backslider do?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Fear is the absence of “faith”

There is no absence of “faith” in love; and full grown love does not know the absence of “faith” (full trust in Yahweh’s keeping power): because the absence of “faith” allows the tormentor Satan an open door to the human heart. He that does not fully trust in Yahweh’s keeping power is not full grown or fully matured (Christ is not formed yet) is not made perfect in love.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Literally, until a mind and life in complete harmony with the mind and life of Yeshua shall have been formed in you (complete trust in the Father’s Will, Christ is not formed in you.)

My thoughts.
[Prayer]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

nope.

I mean in EVERYTHING. Spiritual things being the most important.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
a person will always fear until they KNOW that God will ALWAYS help them.

J4Jesus,

Are you meaning by ALWAYS

ALWAYS = what you ask God to do?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

a person will always fear until they KNOW that God will ALWAYS help them.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always noted that "fear" of the Lord was the beginning of wisdom. I think that when David says that God never intended us to be in fear that is true. I dont think we are to remain at the beginning of wisdom either and as we move toward perfection, toward having both wisdom and understanding, we move to the place where perfect love casts out fear. It is a place like unto the Garden, where Adam and Eve were naked and not ashamed and they were not in fear but in fellowship with God. It is a place of rest.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Today, I see two extreems:

On one hand I see professing Christians who have no fear of the Lord, and also they have no wisdom or understanding of HIM either. This is a dangerous place to be. You cant find rest and graced till you have known fear and gotten wisdom and understanding! God is not mocked. He is a Holy and JUST and severe God because HE is Love.

On the other end of the spectrum I see born again Christians who are still at the beginning of wisdom and in fear of the Lord. I am not talking about reverence, I am talking about real fear. This is also not a good place to be, because it keeps them focused on their flesh and minding their own flesh and not resting in him. They are so afraid of being like those on the opposite end of the specturm who make grace to be lisense to sin that they dont walk in faith themselves! They are trying to keep themselves saved. You can see them struggling with their flesh, constantly battling their own bodies and minds. You can hear them speak of how hard it is to be a Christian.

We need to come to the place that is above both these places.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Paul was in this place. He understood his body was earthly and was to be presented daily as living sacrifice. He understood that even his very thoughts had to be brought into subjection of Christ. But these things that he did... the putting away leaven, the buffeting himself, keeping his body in subjection.. these things he did because he LOVED GOD and He served GOD with his mind, and not his flesh and he surrendered his will for the Father's will and allowed God to work in him to will and want. This was for Paul a place of rest and peace. A place where he did not war with his flesh or anything in this world, but all things by prayer and supplication. Paul wore a yoke, but the yoke was not burdensome, because the yoke was the LOVE OF Christ and God and we do not bear it alone. It is the same yoke that Christ wore that was from HIS Father... and it allowed HIM to walk through the garden of Gethsemane and up the hill to Golgotha. It was not fear of God the Father that brought Jesus to the cross to pay the price of sin. It was love.

The fear of God leads us to repentance, and to fall on our knees in broken surrender and hope for mercy and grace through Christ's shed blood. Fear of God leads us to Christ. But once there, in Christ, we should come face to face with perfect love, and that love should cast out fear and cause us to rest in HIM, that we no more war with our flesh, but that we bring it unto subjection because we love the one that has taken away fear and given us a spirit of adoption and the sound mind of Christ that we no more are servants of sin, but children of God.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Linda and David!!

An awesome subject.

Main Entry: 1fear
Pronunciation: 'fir
Function: verb
transitive senses
1 archaic : FRIGHTEN
2 archaic : to feel fear in (oneself)
3 : to have a reverential awe of <fear God>
4 : to be afraid of : expect with alarm
intransitive senses : to be afraid or apprehensive
- fear·er noun

What your question and David's post is in reference to is #4, to be afraid.

God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind. There is no true being afraid in Christ for we know with that blessed assurance of our ultimate destination in Glory, and our Lord has us in His Hand.

The is the fear of the Lord which is the beginning of wisdom. This is the reverential awe which we have for our God as we become ever more aware of His Glory and His Majesty.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God never wanted people to live in fear. Fear came to the earth when Satan and sin entered. That was when man first began to fear. They knew judgment was coming, so they hid. People today should be afraid, very afraid if they have not repented and ask Jesus Christ to pay their sin dept. But if one is a born-again believer in Jesus Christ then they have no reason to fear as Christ’s death has deliever us from chains of fear.

Hebrews 2:14-15
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Any thoughts?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement