Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What do you think????

Author Topic: What do you think????
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
No man, and certainly no demon in hell could ever take away your authority in Christ once it unknowingly give up what rightfully belongs to you... your authority. Jesus said, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you". (Lk 10:19) God bless!

Thanks for that great lesson in the authority of Christ's power Joyce.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't write this, but found it very interesting. What do you think?

God Bless You All

"The Beard Of Authority"
by Cayce Talbott

Have you ever felt like you were of no value to God because your prayers have seemed to go unanswered sometimes? Have you ever rebuked the enemy when you were being harassed and it seemed that nothing at all happened? Most Christians have at sometime in their lives found themselves feeling like their prayers were not effective, or that their words were useless against the enemy. Maybe their prayers did not seem like they were being answered or even being heard which left them to feel helpless in this world and without the God given authority to use His name that He gave us, His people, to use... the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have felt like this many times my self, even when I knew that it wasn't true. This is when the enemy will come to you and tell you that God is not listening because of your sin, or maybe because you lack the discipline to pray as much as others do, or even because God doesn't count you worthy to use His name even though you know that you're a real Christian. Suddenly you begin to believe it and what follows is an overwhelming feeling of rejection and condemnation. Be of good cheer, what the enemy is saying is not the truth!

Some time ago I was feeling that exact same way due to many unanswered prayers in my life. One early morning as I was praying about something else, the Lord spoke to me and said, "My son, I going to show you something". I immediately closed my eyes so that I could avoid any distractions around me, but then the Spirit of God said to me, "Open your eyes, I can show you with your eyes wide open". I then opened my eyes and in what was actually just a quick flash, I saw a vision of Jesus carrying a cross through a crowd of angry people. They were hitting Him and some of them were grabbing pieces of His beard and ripping it off of His face. He did not try to stop them, as painful as it was, He just allowed them to keep doing it. Then the Spirit of God spoke to me again and said, "Find out what this means".

I immediately jumped up and began to go through the Bible to find every scripture I could find on the symbolic meaning of a beard. I knew that the beard had to represent something that Jesus did or gave up for us. As I was studying the scriptures I began to see that in Old Testament times how the Hebrew people looked at a man with a beard as a man who had wisdom and maturity. And when he shaved his beard it often represented humility before God. But after reading the scriptures and studying the Jewish culture a bit I found that perhaps the greatest symbolic representation of a man with a beard was that he had AUTHORITY! By about the time a Hebrew man was 30 years old he would have a full beard and usually a family. His beard was an outer expression of the authority he had as the head of his household and perhaps for some being teachers or a rabbi; possibly even a king.

Later the Lord spoke to me again and led me to Isaiah 50:6 where we read about how Jesus walked though the crowds while carrying His cross by saying, "I GAVE My back to those who struck Me, And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting". Notice here the word "GAVE", it doesn't say that Jesus' back and cheeks were taken, it says that He GAVE them. In the same way that Jesus said in John 10:18 that no one can take His life, but that He GAVE it freely; so also He freely gave up His beard, His authority to those who would abuse Him and crucify Him. Jesus had the power to stop them at any time by calling down several legions of angels, but He allowed Himself to be stripped of His authority and abused for our sakes. (Mat 26:53)

The Lord spoke one last thing to me concerning this by saying to me, "I gave up my authority, so that your authority could never be taken away". No man, and certainly no demon in hell could ever take away your authority in Christ once it has been given to you. You can never loose it! The only way it could ever be removed is if you start to believe the devil's lie that you have lost it, thus giving it away. That's always been the enemy's trick, stealing what is rightfully yours by making you think that you never had, or that you've lost it some how. Many men and women of God have fallen prey to this great deception over the last 2,000 years, but knowing and applying the truth will make you free from the devil's bondage! As long as you pray and speak with boldness, with confidence and with faith that believes that you have received, then you shall have it! (Mark 11:23&24) James 1:6-8 tells us that we shouldn't waver in our faith and that we shouldn't be double minded when petitioning God because a double minded man will not receive anything from God.

We must be careful not to misplace our faith in our own words and abilities rather than in Jesus Christ, who is able to call those things that be not as though they were (Romans 4:17); for if we become confident in our own ability we have "misplaced faith". Rather we should speak and pray boldly, trusting only in God who will always watch over His Word to perform it! Beloved, I pray that as you come to understand YOUR God given authority in Christ Jesus that you will never again allow the enemy to cause you to doubt God's Word and unknowingly give up what rightfully belongs to you... your authority. Jesus said, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you". (Lk 10:19) God bless!

(All scriptures references taken from the New King James Version) - Brother Cayce Talbott

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement