Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I have deleted the Topic "more about hell and the English KJV"

Author Topic: I have deleted the Topic "more about hell and the English KJV"
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister Carmela writes
quote:
However, I know that I have typed things that were either read as if I were upset, taken wrong or twisted (which really annoys me). Of course, the same happens in person also.
welcome home, saved sinner. That's why I prefer to say that "God saved me, not because I am so good, but because I am so bad." Or, "not because of me" but "in spite of me."

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree.

It is just so awful and ugly on a christian site. Are we representing OUR GOD here? [Frown]

Some new members probably leave quickly after seeing what is going on here. [Frown]

I am sure they are afraid to post their thoughts or questions. [Frown]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL BA I didn't say it's sweeter. People can be mean and I have seen that here unfortunately. I hate it. I always try really hard not to show anger or let my feelings (of being upset in one way or another) get in the way of ministering to others, which isn't always easy, but I do believe that we need to learn to do this. Jesus loved people and even though he got upset, it usually always aimed toward the religious leaders, not the average people that were seeking to know more of Him.

However, I know that I have typed things that were either read as if I were upset, taken wrong or twisted (which really annoys me). Of course, the same happens in person also. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister Carmela writes
quote:
I really wish we could all get together and have a discussion in person. {snip}

What I mean by this is that sometimes we read a post completely different then the writer was actually feeling when he/she typed it.

Regarding the bolded part, I seriously doubt that; you're getting exactly what s/he typed and s/he meant ever word of it.

If anything, the semi-anonymity of being able to fire off a missive to anyone from one's home computer, without any episcopal oversight, tends to make them type even more "what they really mean" than in a face-to-face encounter.

And people in face-to-face Bible studies can be mean too. I recall once wanting to teach in a small group Bible study that the LORD loved Jacob and that Jacob was not a deceiver and a heel, and I was pulled aside by someone who had been in the Bible study longer than me who "strongly advised" me that I was not going to be allowed to teach that the LORD loved Jacob and that Jacob was not a deceiver and not a heel. So much for the sweetness of "face-to-face".

God bless, BORN AGAIN

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about that BA, I just read another post about hell and it sure did tick me off. [Big Grin] Sometimes I get so mad when I see how people treat each other or talk to each other.

In all honesty, I really wish we could all get together and have a discussion in person. I think that it would be great to meet everyone since some people here really catch my attention, but also to have great discussions without the "harsh" type that is sometimes there, but not there. What I mean by this is that sometimes we read a post completely different then the writer was actually feeling when he/she typed it.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
I am sorry you deleted it BA
it was "only" about hell. no big deal. just another Bible subject.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you deleted it BA; there was some good stuff in there. Including your very clear statement of faith and objection to the heresy of Universalism. I cant think of one of us regulars here who does not know that you do not now and have never espoused Universalism, but I thought it was an awesome testimony anyway. I also liked Drew's posts to. And I can totally relate to what Tim said about Hyper dispensationalism. I would have liked those posts to remain.

We could have just had David closed it and that would have kept anyone else from picking it up but left the things that had been said. Oh, well, what is done is done. We must press on.

quote:
"some more tea, ladies?" "Okay, Jane, why don't you be the first to tell us what movies you have seen this week"
I understand this feeling I have felt this way too at times, when I wanted to talk about meat and those around me wanted to talk about ABC's around the house [Roll Eyes] But I dont think it is so extreme as it feels right now; this is one topic, we have discussed many deep things here over the years and I have learned much from your posts. Please dont be discouraged. My prayer is that this will not change.

You have always been one of the first to praise David for allowing us this space to fellowship and study and you have said before when it was someone else's topic that was shut down, that it is right to respect his limits because he gives us this place, now it is your topic. It is this topic.

I can think of many many more topics that you are well studied on and would bless us all and not offend.

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Give us some Nee... Let's talk about dying to self. I was reading one of your old posts today that Drew drug up and you were talking about what dead men cant do... it was god stuff! Or maybe open back up your thread on the Birthright and the Sceptor, I love that study. You have much to give BA. Dont be discouraged. We serve a BIG GOD and there is much to study that will lead us to know HIM and HIS Justness, and HIS righteousness and HIS Holiness more deeply.

[hug]

Much Love in Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I have deleted the Topic "more about hell and the English KJV". The Topic has been banned.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you...

"allrightie, then, some more tea, ladies?"

"Okay, Jane, why don't you go first and tell us what movies you have seen this week, and then we'll go around the circle and each one of you can tell us what movies you have seen this week. We have 2 hours of Bible Study to fill, so please take your time and fill us in with all the gory details, okay?"

God's blessings to all of you. BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement