Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » we love Jews and point out Yeshua for them!

Author Topic: we love Jews and point out Yeshua for them!
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked out the websight, It is great! ON this other websight that I part take in
www.saudades-sefarad.org On a recent post there a Rabbi/Professor was warning Jewish people to avoid a Messianic Gathering because they were trying to convert Jews for Jesus.

I am a born again Jew. And I know the heart ache that it is difficult to lead Jews to Christ especially from your own family, but Got sei dank! all my sisters/brothers are born again.

When witnessing to Jews, it is important to remember the Bible or the word of God is the Old Testament, therefore a person who is witnessing must be able to lead the salvation message achored in the Old Testament. Don't be surprise there are alot of Jews who know something about the New Testament but not in the since of the Messsianc Acceptance.

For instance - In Issais it says all we like sheep have departed to their own ways.. Identify it in the Old and bring it to light in New with the Guiding of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus came to his people they refused Him the first time and He will come again to the world with Israel being the face of the Clock.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Messiah_prophesies_Talmud4

When it is a question of the coming of the Messiah, it is an interesting matter, with which is connected many prophecies.

We are indeed going to handle on the coming lines just this area, or prophecies, being connected with the coming of the Messiah. We are going to go through especially that, what in the Scriptures – the books of Moses, psalms and prophets - has been talked about the coming of the Messiah, the point of time of his coming, his life, his origin and about that, have these prophecies possibly already got their fulfilment. Therefore if you want to know prophesies of the Bible on this area, it is worth your while to read the next paragraphs.

But we will not restrict in our examination only to the writings of the Bible, but we will use also as help old commentaries of the rabbis (Midrash, Targum, Zohar, Talmud....), because in the current Jewishness they are valued very much. It is namely surprising, that from these old sources - especially from the oldest - can be found powerful Messiah-expectation and a description from over historical features of the Messiah in that way, which resembles mostly the message of the New Testament. One example of this Messiah-expectation, are at least the next couple sentences of the Talmud, in which is referred to that, how the prophets have prophesied only for the days of the Messiah.

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement