Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is it impossible to reject the love of God?

Author Topic: Is it impossible to reject the love of God?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm. Please, I know what you have to do to be saved. My question is on this statement. When I hear this statement, I hear someone who believes that all people will be saved. I

"I believe to go to hell you have to do the impossible: you have to reject the love of God."

Does anyone else hear that in this statement.

IF this were a correct statement, would that not mean that no one is going to hell?

If you heard this statement, would you think that the person was saying that there is no one that can be lost because this person believes that it is impossible to reject the Love of God and this person says that is what you must do to go to hell.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sister helpforhomeschoolers, now that is a bite-size that I can respond to. You write
quote:
What do you think about this statement below?

Does this mean that no one is going to hell? If it is impossible to reject the love of God, and you have to do this to go to hell, then it seems that no one goes to hell.

Does anyone get the same thing out of this statement. {bold by BORN AGAIN}

dear sister, if i may address you with the acronym HFHS, regarding the bolded phrase above, I do not believe that we have to believe in "the love of God" in order not to go to hell.

First of all, what God? You like Buddha, sister? Love, which God, sister?

Secondly, I disagree with your statement that we need the "love of God in order not to go to hell".

No. what we need is to accept the offer that the God of Israel makes to all men: My Son died on the cross your all men's sins, so that I, God of Israel, can now freely move in My Mercy toward you. I can therefore freely give you the same kind of eternal life that My Son Yeshua-Jesus had while on earth, as a free gift of mercy.

It is therefore NOT the "love of God" that we need to accept in order not to go to hell, but the sacrifice of Yeshua-Jesus on the cross.

The "love of God"? Ha! Go to Afghanistan, and ask them if they "love God Allah!" I've been to Afghanistan. The Afghanis have the "love of God".

blessd be the LORD God of Israel. BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got on my Bible program,
ran a word search on "impossible" and on "reject";
then a phrase search on "love of God".

If there are verses to support that statement, I failed to find them;
but I see lots of verses about hell being a final destination "if" certain conditions are not met.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
First Post
Member # 5590

Icon 7 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I don't know if I am doing this right or not but to respond to the question you ask, I also agree that the only way you will go to h
hell is if you turn your back on God and except Satin . You can not serve two masters and everyone will serve one or the other.

--------------------
granny

Posts: 1 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think about this statement below?

Does this mean that no one is going o hell? If it is impossible to reject the love of God, and you have to do this to go to hell, then it seems that no one goes to hell.

Does anyone get the same thing out of this statement.

"I believe to go to hell you have to do the impossible: you have to reject the love of God."

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement