Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » My unsaved sister just diagnosed with cancer - resources needed

Author Topic: My unsaved sister just diagnosed with cancer - resources needed
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I add my prayers with those here and with Tim, Father Your will be done in this life, draw Tim's sister unto Yourself, be merciful and longsuffering unto her as You tarry Your coming.

because He lives
dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Father God, I stand in agreement with our brother David's prayer for the Salvation of Tim's Sister's Soul. In Jesus name we pray, and give thanks, Amen!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 18 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father we come before you in the name of Jesus Christ, asking that you will drop the blinders from Tim's sisters eyes and hold back Satans hands from her. May her eyes be open to the Good News of what Jesus Christ has done for us. That He paid our sin dept so we can spend eternity with Him.

Father please send someone to witness to her. We ask you to go to her and put on the pressure, no matter what it takes, that she will come to know you. In the name of our King, Jesus Christ we pray. amen

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your prayers.

I traveled to the UK to see my sister and she doesn't look too good. The doctors said that it would take a miracle to cure her, so I am putting it in the Lords hands.

So please continue praying for her to be cured and also her salvation. She is very near to accepting Jesus into her life now.

Thanks
Tim

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Tim,

We will be praying for her.

Here are just SOME of the miracles and healings God has done in our lives.

In the 1950's and 60's God kept putting out fires in our home. Our parents were not christians...but God kept us from being burnt. My parents had left fires start our whole lives around the house by accidents with smoking cigs falling out of ash trays catching curtains and beds on fire. [clap2]

1980 my sons finger was smashed by a sewer lid in the street. The end of the finger was gone...but God did a miracle and restored it before he arrived at the emergency room. [clap2]

God healed my daughter in days after a car accident in 1994. Her back had 3 disks smashed, broken, and destroyed. Her ribs were broken, shoulder blade, and much more. She was healed and walking, swiming, riding horses in days. [clap2]

The same daughter 2 years ago was hospitalized with legionairs disease and almost was dying. She was on a respirator for a week. God healed her quickly........and later restored her marriage. [clap2]

Our dog was snake bit and was healed after small young children layed hands on him and prayed for God's help. In minutes he was whole. [clap2]

My sister accidentally had boiling grease pour spilling on her hands and arms. God healed her without scars INSTANTLY. [clap2]

Her son was hit at age 5 by a car thrown in the air 20 feet. It was his head that was hit by the car first, that sent him sailing. He saw an angel carry him through the air. He left the hospital the same day and is still fine. [clap2]

I could write forever on about what God has done in our lives.........HE has always came through.

Glory to God
I will pray for your sister Tim. God Bless you and increase her faith.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no it doesn't, you have experienced a false positive.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
HI: Tim. It is so good to hear from you. I was concerned when we heard of the violence and rioting that was happening over there. I am so thankful that you are ok. I had no idea how near it was to you, but you were in our prayers and I am glad to hear you are ok. We will begin to pray for your sister's salvation and the situation of her physical health.

Here is a wonderful Testimony I found on another board: but Tim, I would want your sister to know that BY HIS Stripes WE ARE healed NOW and sometimes we see that manifest in this life and sometimes in the life to come. Which ever way, it is one day manifest. That can only be said if one belongs to Jesus. The most important thing is that she come to know and trust Jesus.

Here is a testimony I found that is encouraging:

Healed Of Cancer

I HAVE IT, CANCER!
MEDICAL DATA

In July 1971, at the age of 58, I discovered a lump in my left groin about the size of a large olive. This was diagnosed to be a lymphoma or cancer of the lymphatic system. It was treated with cobalt for a period of 21 days. I continued to have periodic check-ups until early in 1975. As time went on I discovered several nodes in my neck and under my right arm that seemed to be growing. In August, 1977, at the age of 64, a large node was removed from my right armpit. It was diagnosed as a poorly differentiated nodular lymphoma. I was then referred to an oncologist for treatment. However, he agreed to defer any treatment on the basis of my belief that I had been healed. I was scheduled to return in three months. When I returned, he could find no evidence of the cancer. He said, "If I were examining you for the first time, I would have diagnosed you as not having the disease." I continued having periodic check-ups until August, 1982, at age 69, at which time he transferred me back to my family doctor. I am now 87 years old.

SPIRITUAL COROLLARY

I believe what I initially received was the manifestation of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Having always believed in prayer, I had been asking God to heal me all during the course of this disease. However, since I had not revealed my condition to more than a couple of friends, I had not received much -- if any -- general prayer. For several years, I did believe I had been healed and I did receive what the doctors called a marvelous remission. But with the recurrence and the diagnosis that the condition was now serious, I became deeply troubled. I now believe this was the deciding factor in my seeking the experience known in charismatic and Pentecostal circles as the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I received prayer for this at a Full Gospel Businessmen's Fellowship meeting on August 18, 1977, at the age of 64, which I had been attending for several weeks. Nothing seemed to happen at the time, but I was assured I had received this baptism and I thanked God for His gift. At about 10:30 the following Saturday evening, while in bed reading some charismatic testimonies and reflecting on them, my attention was drawn to a strange tingling sensation in my right arm. This subsided but shortly I noticed the same sensation on the side of my face. As I began to rub my face, I felt a sort of electrifying of my right arm. I remember exclaiming, "Lord, your hand is holding my hand." At that point, waves of an almost indescribable power began to sweep through my entire body. I have had similar sensations since but never again with that intensity. Yet, for several days afterwards, the power of God was so strong on me that I finally had to ask God to "lead me beside the still waters." I did then experience some abatement for a time of rest, but this was the beginning of a whole new way of life and the beginning of a new relationship with Jesus that I had never known before. At the time it was impressed on my mind that I had received three prizes. The third prize was the healing of cancer; the second prize was the deliverance from fear and doubt; and the first prize was going from knowing about Jesus to knowing Jesus as Lord. Although medical science classifies this a spontaneous remission, I claim it as a divine healing.

Thanks for that, it is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. Athough my sister is not "saved", so I need to coax her around very gently.

Your brother in Christ
Tim

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

quote:
Originally posted by epouraniois:
http://www.jonbarron.org/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/ebook.html

CAUTION: That link quoted above has a virus worm!! - Luckily my virus protection is up to date and it detected it.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI: Tim. It is so good to hear from you. I was concerned when we heard of the violence and rioting that was happening over there. I am so thankful that you are ok. I had no idea how near it was to you, but you were in our prayers and I am glad to hear you are ok. We will begin to pray for your sister's salvation and the situation of her physical health.

Here is a wonderful Testimony I found on another board: but Tim, I would want your sister to know that BY HIS Stripes WE ARE healed NOW and sometimes we see that manifest in this life and sometimes in the life to come. Which ever way, it is one day manifest. That can only be said if one belongs to Jesus. The most important thing is that she come to know and trust Jesus.

Here is a testimony I found that is encouraging:

Healed Of Cancer

I HAVE IT, CANCER!
MEDICAL DATA

In July 1971, at the age of 58, I discovered a lump in my left groin about the size of a large olive. This was diagnosed to be a lymphoma or cancer of the lymphatic system. It was treated with cobalt for a period of 21 days. I continued to have periodic check-ups until early in 1975. As time went on I discovered several nodes in my neck and under my right arm that seemed to be growing. In August, 1977, at the age of 64, a large node was removed from my right armpit. It was diagnosed as a poorly differentiated nodular lymphoma. I was then referred to an oncologist for treatment. However, he agreed to defer any treatment on the basis of my belief that I had been healed. I was scheduled to return in three months. When I returned, he could find no evidence of the cancer. He said, "If I were examining you for the first time, I would have diagnosed you as not having the disease." I continued having periodic check-ups until August, 1982, at age 69, at which time he transferred me back to my family doctor. I am now 87 years old.

SPIRITUAL COROLLARY

I believe what I initially received was the manifestation of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Having always believed in prayer, I had been asking God to heal me all during the course of this disease. However, since I had not revealed my condition to more than a couple of friends, I had not received much -- if any -- general prayer. For several years, I did believe I had been healed and I did receive what the doctors called a marvelous remission. But with the recurrence and the diagnosis that the condition was now serious, I became deeply troubled. I now believe this was the deciding factor in my seeking the experience known in charismatic and Pentecostal circles as the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I received prayer for this at a Full Gospel Businessmen's Fellowship meeting on August 18, 1977, at the age of 64, which I had been attending for several weeks. Nothing seemed to happen at the time, but I was assured I had received this baptism and I thanked God for His gift. At about 10:30 the following Saturday evening, while in bed reading some charismatic testimonies and reflecting on them, my attention was drawn to a strange tingling sensation in my right arm. This subsided but shortly I noticed the same sensation on the side of my face. As I began to rub my face, I felt a sort of electrifying of my right arm. I remember exclaiming, "Lord, your hand is holding my hand." At that point, waves of an almost indescribable power began to sweep through my entire body. I have had similar sensations since but never again with that intensity. Yet, for several days afterwards, the power of God was so strong on me that I finally had to ask God to "lead me beside the still waters." I did then experience some abatement for a time of rest, but this was the beginning of a whole new way of life and the beginning of a new relationship with Jesus that I had never known before. At the time it was impressed on my mind that I had received three prizes. The third prize was the healing of cancer; the second prize was the deliverance from fear and doubt; and the first prize was going from knowing about Jesus to knowing Jesus as Lord. Although medical science classifies this a spontaneous remission, I claim it as a divine healing.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jonbarron.org/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/ebook.html

Additionally, the gospel of John is clearly not written to the Jews, as there is too much in it by way of expanation, wherein no Jew would require such explanation to things they would know by way of custom and upbringing, however, there is a place of John's gospel as truth for today, and that is to all those who are not called, and therefore, cannot hear the teaching given to the mystery body by Paul the prisoner for the hope of you gentiles.

The seven interpelations bring this to light most abundantly, therefore, the truth of John's gospel should be broadcast from the rooftops to the masses of unbelieving souls, declaring John 3:16, that they might have life through His name.

Looking at all the various forms of the word believe, we find exactly 100 usages of the word in John's gospel,

and following the edict that the husbandman must be first partaker, then John, if he preached the mystery (as some might claim) must be first partaker, which is contrary to the fact that John saw his name written in the foundation of that heavenly city which is to come down from heaven to the earth, being an apostle to the circumcision, not to the gentiles, as Paul has that preimenent place, making Paul the husbandman and partaker of the firstfruits of the mystery body, called, the church which is His body, the fulness of Him that filleth (the) all in all (things) - Eph. 1. 22-23.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 11 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,
My sisters was just diagnosed with fairly advanced cancer. She is not saved (yet) so I am trying to find some good resources for her.

Basically info about the power of prayer and testimonies about people who have recovered from cancer by faith. etc etc

I think I have got her to start praying already.

Thanks
Yours in Christ
Tim

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement