Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Oh how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for them who fear You

Author Topic: Oh how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for them who fear You
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 31

19 Oh how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for them who fear You; which You have wrought for them who trust in You before the sons of men!

In the last 2 weeks, I had an opportunity to mention to my 2 long time friends who are NOT Christians:

that there is a Living Personal God Who looks down from His place and looks at the humans on earth.

And that this Personal Living God and that I think that this Personal Living God is the God of Israel and His Son Jeshua-Jesus.

I had the opportunity to say that to both my longtime friends over the last 2 weeks.

They both answered that they did NOT believe in a Personal Living God but more in a FORCE of the universe.

That, if I do right, I go with the flow of the universe by being kind and giving instead of resisting the flow of the universe, etcetera.

The point is that there are millions who believe in God in their own way, and that usually means a FORCE or the UNIVERSE ITSELF, but NOT a Personal Living God, that, said one, is the need of a scared human mind to invent some Personal Living God to help him, but such a Personal Living God does NOT exist in reality, only as a hope which was created by man himself when he was confronted with finding himself alive in the universe.

Anyway, I was thankful to be able to testify that the Personal Living God is the LORD God of Israel.

And that is a hard thing for people to accept but that is the gospel.

I believe in the Personal Living God who can look down from His place at humans and help the ones who seek after truth and righteousness, and hinder those who seek after evil.

now my question is this:

Does the Personal Living God of Israel only help those who have first believed in His Son Jesus, or does He help all who seek after truth in the sense of trying to be truthful and honest, etcetera, but they have never accepted His Son?

IOW, does the LORD God of Israel only help those who have accepted Jesus, or does He also help those who try to do good?

1 Kings 8:23
And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like You, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keeps covenant and mercy with Your servants that walk before You with all their heart.

1 Kings 8:53
For You did separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be Your inheritance, as You spoke by the hand of Moses Your servant, when You brought our fathers out of Egypt, O LORD God.

1 Kings 8:60
That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him. Herein have you done foolishly: therefore from henceforth you shall have wars.

And another question is:

whose heart is perfect toward the LORD?

Are only the hearts of those who are saved on earth pure, or are there also others whose heart can be pure such as in their behavior while on earth?

Is it possible to be pure without access to the Holy Spirit?

I had said to my two friends, "I believe in that Personal Living God and that He is the God of Israel."

And both of my friends said that they DID NOT BELIEVE in a Personal Living God. Their names are Tony and Albert if you want to pray for them.

May the LORD God of Israel bless us, and we Him.
BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross]
"at the battle of Jericho, the walls came tumbling down"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement