Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » if I am merciful, the LORD will be merciful to me

Author Topic: if I am merciful, the LORD will be merciful to me
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do these apply in answer to your question BA?

Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Mark 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

To me they do and thus also do the ones you posted, but not as unto salvation, but I think asunto the judgement of our works.

I think that we shall all have to stand before the Judgement seat of Christ and give answer and receive reward for our works and I think that in that with what measure we mete it shall be measured unto us, and thus we ought to proceed accordingly.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nehemiah 9:31
Nevertheless for your great mercies' sake You did not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for You are a gracious and merciful God.

Psalm 18:25
With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; with an upright man You will show Yourself upright.

brothers and sisters in Christ, if we show ourselves merciful to people, the LORD will show Himself merciful to us.

Or, does that still apply to us Christians, or is it again only the sacrifice of Jesus which makes the only difference in getting salvation? Being merciful does not get me salvation, but the Holy Spirit IS merciful and so I am merciful?

the LORD YWHY of Israel bless this Internet church. BORN AGAIN in the USA by the :Cross;

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement