Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the GIANT PRINT KJV

Author Topic: the GIANT PRINT KJV
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a "Super Giant Print" KJV LOL!!! Even the Giant Print didn't seem to be large enough for me to focus on first thing in the morning [Wink] It's Great not having to Strain to read God's Holy Word!

(I hear ya Sister Linda, this ole gray mare ain't what she used to be either... but I've always been a bit on the visually challenged side [Wink] )

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, No they are looking at my bible, not my papers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carmela writes
quote:
even if the students that sit next to me in class can read it also
that's Christian cheating.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA I bought my bible about 15 or so years ago and I ordered the giant print because I am a night person and I wanted to read it late at night without having to strain my eyes. However, now that this young girl is getting a "little" older [Wink] I'm even more appreciative to have larger print. Especially now that I sit in class reading it daily, plus homework and then my own private reading time also....well, I'm definitely glad I have giant print...even if the students that sit next to me in class can read it also. [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were just a man ahead of your time Chaplain Bob, today with our digital Bibles the underlying Greek or Hebrew is as close and as easy as the click of a finger! [type] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Yes, thank you brother Chaplain Bob, I have limited time and I thank you for completing my Topic with your link. Do you own a GIANT PRINT KJV yourself, and if so, what do you think of it?

God Elohim bless you, BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Jeshua-Jesus

No BA, I don't have a giant print KJV. In fact, about a decade after I became a Believer, back in the 40s, I discovered modern translations and have today settled on the Contemporary English Version. I just got tired of translating the translation.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great BA for every time you read God, Christ, Savior, Hell, Dead and Sin it will jump right at you with power! [happyhappy]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont have a Giant Print KJV, but I am living vicariously through you BA! I so would enjoy a Giant Print KJV Bible,the old gray mare she aint what she used to be and neither are here eyes! But, my sweetie just bought me the most beautiful leather covered Life Application Study Bible KJV a couple of years ago, even ordered it just for me with my name embossed in it, and desiring a Giant Print, I feel terribly .... I dont know the word... like how could I possibly think to want a Giant Print on when I have this beautiful one that I have, and there are people in the 10/40 who have to share a page of the Scriptures between families. My $35.00, could supply 5 Bibles in India. Plus I would not want my sweetie to think I do not appreciate all is effort to get this Beautiful Bible that I have just for me. He bought this Bible for me because he thought that I looked like he did not provide for me when I carried my old marked up, scribbled in, highlighted, falling apart at the binding, economy version KJ Bible that was printed on newsprint or something to church. I liked that Bible just fine!

So, for now, I put on my reading glasses and give thanks for the Bible I have and the sweetie of a husband God gave me, who bought it and just enjoy listening to your praise of your Large Print Version! [Big Grin]

And when my eyes get tired or I am unable to read, like because I am driving, I will listen to the "Giant Sound" KJV Audio Bible on CD that a dear Brother in Christ recently sent me! [Bible] [Big Grin]

Either way, God is Good cause he has left us HIS precious Word in many forms! [clap2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Yes, thank you brother Chaplain Bob, I have limited time and I thank you for completing my Topic with your link. Do you own a GIANT PRINT KJV yourself, and if so, what do you think of it?

God Elohim bless you, BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Jeshua-Jesus

Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll find it at www.Bibles.com the American Bible Society store.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear brothers and sisters in Christ, I speak to all you KJV-lovers, of whom there are many in Christ.

May I recommend the GIANT PRINT KJV Bible to you.

Talk about "a picture is worth a thousand words".

The words are SO LARGE and PLEASANT and EASY to READ and MEDITATE ON, nay, to CONVEY TO me by their very LARGE PRESENCE.

It's available online. I'll try to find it.

It was about US$35, but oh so worth it, it is SUCH A PLEASURE to read. As the valley girl would say, Oh MY GOD!!!", it's so GOOD.

The GIANT PRINT KJV Bible. Buy it if you got extra dough$. Your nephesh will thank you.

I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement