Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the John 3:16 man

Author Topic: the John 3:16 man
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do you have any details of the events, to certify his good mental health?
No, I can't speak for his mental state no more than I can speak for yours. However I do know that most people that follow the Lord with zeal in our country are thought to be a mental case.

quote:
Hi, HE LIVES, I say this carefully but there are some people who are mentally ill and who have Bibles and who think they are Jesus or who think that God told him to hold up a John 3:16 sign, but have it be a mental illness. I assume you vouch for Rollen’s state of mind being normal, on average?
See, here's the problem. God did tell him to hold up the sign, and do you know how I know this? Because God told us all to hold up a sign, make a phone call, knock on a door, send a smoke signal. Take the message to the world! How many times was Paul thrown in jail and called crazy because of how far he took the gospel?

Do you want to know what's really crazy? I'll tell you what's crazy. People that claim to be Christians that aren't holding up a sign, that my friend is crazy!

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, HE LIVES, I say this carefully but there are some people who are mentally ill and who have Bibles and who think they are Jesus or who think that God told him to hold up a John 3:16 sign, but have it be a mental illness. I assume you vouch for Rollen’s state of mind being normal, on average?

I can see Rollen pasting his signs on the windows of the hotel, but the hotel probably has a policy against using their windows for such a thing.

So the maid comes up and sees the signs and, then what? An argument ensued about his signs? And she said she was going to tell management and he said “oh no you’re not”?

Do you have any details of the events, to certify his good mental health?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This man may not have much common sense, but he has something that most of us need, and that's a passion for Christ. If we could combine his passion with our ability to reason we would have a mighty witness for the Lord.
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

interesting, HE LIVES.
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Yes, I knew about that. He went overboard with that, but all the guy wants is for the world to know what God did for them by sending His Son. Yes, he went about it wrong, but he knows that he's only one man, so he does what he can to get the most people watching. I'm not agreeing with his method, but I can say that I feel for this guy.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

wow, that's incredible, Aaron.
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years later, Rollen was staying in a hotel in Los Angeles and decided that he’d take the maid hostage, covering his windows in his religious placards in an attempt to get his word out across national television to as many people as possible. He was arrested, the cleaning lady unharmed, and he remains in prison to this day.

From here: http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:okX9gkcpg4cJ:www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/Q-T/rainbow_man.html+arrested+john+3:16+man&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

I think if we put half the effort into sharing the gospel that he did our country would be in much better shape. He may have blocked 10 seconds of someones wiew of a football game to share the greatest gift of all. I give him a A+ for effort.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

i'll bump the fellow once for all the hard work he did.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Have you seen the John 3:16 man with the multi-colored wig at sporting events on television or in actual attendance?  -

He seemed to be everywhere, did he not? How do you feel about him?

This is what I thought. I found it rude of the John 3:16 man that: (a) he was wearing a high, view-obstructing wig; and (b) tha the was holding a wide, view-obstructing sign, in front of other paying customers who had paid for and had bought the right to an unobstructed view of the game with their hard-earned $.

In other words, I thought that the John 3:16 man was being rude by wearing the high wig and spreading out the sign, even if it was a Christian sign.

How do you feel about the John 3:16 man? Is it okay to be rude to get the message of John 3:16 out?

May the God of Israel bless us, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord Kurios God Theos Jeshua-Jesus, raised in Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem of Judah, from the family of King David, as the scriptures said He should be.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement