Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » can fish be saved?

Author Topic: can fish be saved?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
Do you know what I mean? It is an expression of shock or surprise or something like this.
Shock? Isn't that precisely WHEN you would want to call on your God for available help? That is no time to "Oh My!..." but to "call on Him" clearly.

He is up there, "what did she say"? "Is she talking to Me"? "Shall I go answer that, or let Geez or Gosh do it" "or perhaps mackerel will come to the rescue"?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could argue that any such exclamation is just a euphamism. If you say "Oh cr/ap !", isn't that just a euphamism for the other word? I do have a problem myself saying "Holy Cow". I have been trying to remove it from my vocabulary, but have not been so successful.

There's a popular evangelist in my denomination and one of his favorite exclamations is "Good Night!"

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But is that really what you want to say in that shocked moment that you say 'Oh, My _______ anything? Sometimes it is! Like... Oh, My God have mercy! or Oh, My Lord have Mercy!... then I would use God. But most of the time when I hear those things or when I would say those things it is not because I intended to envoke the name of God... it is just Ughhhhhhh You must be kidding!

Do you know what I mean? It is an expression of shock or surprise or something like this.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Has anyone ever heard the expression "holy mackerel"?

Yes, and I have also heard the revised version of 'holy macaroni'
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister saved 1948 writes
quote:
I don't say Holy cow or Holy Mackerel for some reason it just doesn't seem right. I say "Oh my gosh" alot. Is that ok?
No, it is not ok. When people say, Oh my gosh", sometimes I ask them, "Are you talking to God's uncle Gosh that you say ;Oh my gosh"?

"Or perhaps you are speaking to God's first cousin Gosh"?

His name in English KJV is God, but in Hebrew His name is Elohim. We should be brave and say God and not Gosh, as if we are talking to a "lesser god" named Gosh. I don't know any true god named Gosh, do you? What are you saying then, see?

Be brave and say "Oh My God." Perhaps someone will ask which God you mean. Then, don't say Gosh, but Elohim.

So in answer to your question, is that ok? The answer is no.

sister helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
I used to say, Oh, my gosh, and after a time that did not seem right to me to do.

So I began to say, "Oh, my goodness." But that did not seem right to me after a while and so... now I just say..."Oh, My!"

Its probably all silliness, but I it just didnt seem right to me. I really dont like the Holy Mackrel and Holy Cow stuff though.

"Oh My? Its probably all silliness?

good sister, is that the best you can say about our Great God, "Oh My! ...uh... "Oh My!" ...uhh, who?
quote:
I really dont like the Holy Mackrel and Holy Cow stuff though.
It's actually interesting to think how those came about, and I'm sure that Lucifer-Satan is behind all of them, behind Gosh, behind "holy macekerel" and behind "holy cow", ANYTHING that can DIMINISH HOLINESS is what Lucifer-Satan will do.

The Indians from India have their HOLY COWS, but the Israelites also had their HOLY COWS in the wilderness of Sinai when the Israelites waited for Moses to come down from mount Sinai, and Aaron made them a calf.

A "holy cow" had also been a god around the Shemite Israelites when the Israelites dwelled in the land of Goshen until their exodus from Hamite Misr Egypt.

"Oh my gosh!", "Geez", "Gee whiz", Lucifer-Satan loves all these too--yeah! Lucifer says when he hears Christians, yes Christians, use those words instead of identifying their God more clearly.

can fish be saved?

Romans 8
1 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

May the LORD God of Israel bless all of us on this CBBS. I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Jeshua-Jesus
"wonders of nature speak to us of Your Hand in it"

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to say, Oh, my gosh, and after a time that did not seem right to me to do, so I began to say, "Oh, my goodness." But that did not seem right to me after a while and so... now I just say..."Oh, My!" Its probably all silliness, but I it just didnt seem right to me. I really dont like the Holy Mackrel and Holy Cow stuff though..
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't say Holy cow or Holy Mackerel for some reason it just doesn't seem right. I say "Oh my gosh" alot.Is that ok?<><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Mackerel!
I just found out why my husband says that when my I kiss him - most lipstick contains fish scales! [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oh that annoys me... just like Holy Cow! I always ask one is Hindu when they say Holy Cow!
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Has anyone ever heard the expression "holy mackerel"?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement