Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Resting in Christ............

Author Topic: Resting in Christ............
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
God is not pleased by our works done in the flesh. We do not serve God with our flesh:

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We present our flesh and blood lives as a sacrifice that is alive because Christ lives in us, and dead to sin and the works of the flesh. We bring our very thoughts into the subjection of Christ... not our bodies ability to not sin, but into Christ.

quote:
5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
Not one of us can strive lawfully. This is the very reason we need Christ and must be born again. We who are are not underlaw and thus we do not strive for mastery we rest in Christ for Mastery understanding that it is GOD who works in us to will and to do HIS will.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

quote:
6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
I like this verse in the literal Greek:

2 Timothy 2:6 the labouring husbandman it behoveth first of the fruits to partake;

If you are tending your own vine, partake of the fruits of Christ, that you can as HE does abide in the vine of the Husbandman that is GOD the Father. It is not we who work and strive, it is God who works within us and we who rest in him.

quote:
7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
quote:
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
This is where the church must strive- the enter the straight gate that is Christ. TO die to self and put on Christ. To decrease that HE might increase. To not war with our flesh, but to turn from it and TO Christ.

quote:
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Seek HIS righteousness, then rest in HIM.

quote:
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
We are not in bondage to sin, and we are not in bondage to our flesh and we are not in bondage to the Law, and we are not in bondage to Satan that we have to strive to please God. We are in bondage to Christ with Whom God is well pleased...Christ who lives in us, HIS yoke is not burdensome, not heavy, requires no striving to wear:

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

quote:
Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Are you resting in Christ, walking in Spirit and in Faith, or are you striving to please God and keep yourself in HIS will?

Romans 12:2 and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what is the will of God—the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Dont strive in your flesh brothers and sisters in Christ... turn your flesh over to HIM...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement