Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Little Children

Author Topic: Little Children
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA I dont agree with you, the Word of God tells me difrent.

Let us look at what God says.

The Law of God should be remember, you cannot remember the law of God if you dont read.

(Psa 119:55) I have remembered Your name, O Jehovah, in the night, and have kept Your Law.

(Mal 4:4) Remember the Law of Moses My servant, which I commanded to him in Horeb for all Israel, the statutes and judgments.

(Heb 2:1) Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

(2Pe 3:1) Beloved, I now write this second letter to you, in which I stir up your pure mind by reminder

(2Pe 3:2) to remember the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of the Lord and Savior by us, the apostles.

(Jud 1:17) But you, beloved, remember the words spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,

We should maditate in Gods Word, you cannot meditate if you dont read.

Deu 6:6 And these words which I command you this day shall be in your heart.

Deu 11:8 Therefore you shall keep all the commandments which I command you today, so that you may be strong and go in and possess the land where you go to possess it,

Deu 32:46 And he said to them, Set your hearts to all the words which I testify among you today, which you shall command your sons to observe and to do, all the words of this Law.

Jos 1:8 This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it by day and by night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall act wisely.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is only in the Law of Jehovah; and in His Law he meditates day and night.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivulets of water that brings forth its fruit in its seasons, and its leaf shall not wither, and all which he does shall be blessed.

Psa 119:11 I have hidden Your Word in my heart, so that I might not sin against You.

Psa 119:15 I will think on Your Commandments and have respect to Your ways.

Psa 119:23 Princes also sat and spoke against me; but Your servant thought on Your Precepts.

Psa 119:95 The wicked have waited for me to destroy me; but I will think on Your testimonies.

Psa 119:97 MEM: Oh how I love Your Law! It is my meditation all the day.

Psa 119:148 My eyes go before the night watches, so that I might think on Your Word.

Gods Word should be eaten, you cannot eat if you dont read.

(Jer 15:16 MKJV) Your Words were found, and I ate them; and Your Word was to me the joy and gladness of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Jehovah, the God of Hosts.

(Eze 2:8 MKJV) But you, son of man, hear what I am saying to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you.

(Eze 2:9 MKJV) And I looked, and behold! A hand was extended to me; and lo, a roll of a book was in it.

(Eze 2:10 MKJV) And He spread it before me; and it was written on the face and the back. And written on it were weepings, and mourning, and woe.

(Eze 3:1 MKJV) And He said to me, Son of man, eat what you find. Eat this roll, and go speak to the house of Israel.

(Eze 3:2 MKJV) So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that roll.

(Eze 3:3 MKJV) And He said to me, Son of man, cause your belly to eat, and fill your belly with this roll that I give you. Then I ate it; and in my mouth it was like honey for sweetness.

(Rev 10:8 MKJV) And the voice which I heard from Heaven spoke to me again, and said, Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth.

(Rev 10:9 MKJV) And I went to the angel and said to him, Give me the little book. And he said to me, Take it and eat it up, and it will make your belly bitter, but it will be sweet as honey in your mouth.

(Rev 10:10 MKJV) And I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it up. And it was sweet as honey in my mouth, and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was made bitter.

The Word of God works in the santification of the child of God, how will thy self be santify and be purgeded if you dont read.

(Job 23:12 KJV) Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

(Psa 119:20 KJV) My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.

(1Pe 2:2 KJV) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

(Psa 17:4 KJV) Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

(Psa 119:9 KJV) BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

(Joh 20:31 KJV) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

(Rom 1:16 KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(Rom 10:17 KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

(2Ti 3:15 KJV) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA: I dont think that Raj is saying that at all; I think that Raj is encouraging us to think about our witness where ever we are. You preach Jesus here on this board, and in your life day to day. Mac also preaches Jesus here, and even in his store. Raj shares the things people say to him the same way you might share a camping trip with unsaved friends. I think it is interesting to hear the things that people think when he shares with them Jesus.

His posts always remind me of this verse:

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Perhaps you discern something I do not; I certainly could be wrong, but this is how I see his posts.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alll that is cool under you or I put our life on the line with a large sign behind us that says, "Jesus rose from the dead on the 3rd day, read about it in the Bible" and we or I sing Christian songs in front of a USA society only partially Christianized.

chapters and verses are good to know, but when I read Raj's comments, I would say that laying one's life on the line for Jesus is much more precious.

BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible

The Old Testament has 929 chapters
The New Testament has 282 chapters
The Bible has 1,211 chapters

You may begin to read the Word of God and be bless by reading 5 chapters a day.
That is about 242.2 days and about 8 months

So my dear Children in the Lord show thy self to be approved unto God for not by bread alone man shall live but by the whole counsel of the Word of God

Book - Abbrev - Chapters

1. Genesis - Gen - 50
2. Exodus - Ex - 40
3. Leviticus - Lev - 27
4. Numbers - Num - 36
5. Deuteronomy - Deut - 34
6. Joshua - Josh - 24
7. Judges - Judg - 21
8. Ruth - Ruth - 4
9. 1 Samuel - 1 Sam - 31
10. 2 Samuel - 2 Sam - 24
11. 1 Kings - 1 Kings - 22
12. 2 Kings - 2 Kings - 25
13. 1 Chronicles - 1 Chr - 29
14. 2 Chronicles - 2 Chr - 36
15. Ezra - Ezra - 10
16. Nehemiah - Neh - 13
17. Esther - Esth - 10
18. Job - Job - 42
19. Psalms - Ps - 150
20. Proverbs - Prov - 31
21. Ecclesiastes - Eccl - 12
22. Song of Solomon - Song - 8
23. Isaiah - Isa - 66
24. Jeremiah - Jer - 52
25. Lamentations - Lam - 5
26. Ezekial - Ezek - 48
27. Daniel - Dan - 12
28. Hosea - Hos - 14
29. Joel - Joel - 3
30. Amos - Am - 9
31. Obadiah - Ob - 1
32. Jonah - Jon - 4
33. Micah - Mic - 7
34. Nahum - Nah - 3
35. Habakkuk - Hab - 3
36. Zephaniah - Zeph - 3
37. Haggai - Hag - 2
38. Zechariah - Zech - 14
39. Malachi - Mal - 4
40. Matthew - Mt - 28
41. Mark - Mk - 16
42. Luke - Lk - 24
43. John - Jn - 21
44. The Acts - Acts - 28
45. Romans - Rom - 16
46. 1 Corinthians - 1 Cor - 16
47. 2 Corinthians - 2 Cor - 13
48. Galatians - Gal - 6
49. Ephesians - Eph - 6
50. Philippians - Phil - 4
51. Colossians - Col - 4
52. 1 Thessalonians - 1 Thess - 5
53. 2 Thessalonians - 2 Thess - 3
54. 1 Timothy - 1 Tim - 6
55. 2 Timothy - 2 Tim - 4
56. Titus - Titus - 3
57. Philemon - Philemon - 1
58. Hebrews - Heb - 13
59. James - Jas - 5
60. 1 Peter - 1 Pet - 5
61. 2 Peter - 2 Pet - 3
62. 1 John - 1 Jn - 5
63. 2 John - 2 Jn - 1
64. 3 John - 3 Jn - 1
65. Jude - Jude - 1
66. Revelation - Rev - 22

PS
Do Not! Do Not! Read the Word of God rushing if you want the best of the literature. Read slowly! It doesn’t matter if you have to go back to 1 or 2 verses or even start the chapter (s) again. Repetition is the best tool you have at this point but the MOST important one is begin talking to God in prayer that He may give you grace and understating.

Take care,
In Christ Jesus
Miguel

Deut 8:3
"so that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of the LORD man shall live."

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement