Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » From the Beginning of Wisdom to the Perfection of Love

Author Topic: From the Beginning of Wisdom to the Perfection of Love
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, just know that it is the Spirit of our Holy God that convicts us of sin and he does this, not to elicit guilt from us, but to bring us again to humility and peace and forgiveness at the foot of the Cross.

Yes, God is in all things JUST, but that should bring your born again soul JOY, because if we confess our sins, HE is faithful to forgive them, and HE would not be just if he did not because CHRIST has paid the bill in full and your confession says to God that you know that HE is GOD and You know that you need what HE has given.. grace and mercy.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

We who believe have put on Christ and HIS righteousness, and when we fail to walk in that, God draws us back by HIS spirit and that is called conviction, and when we humble ourselves and say yes, Lord I did sin, He is faithful to forgive us.

But without that Holy reverant fear in the first place, you would not care that you sinned... fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, it leads us to perfection in HIS love, where fear is cast out and faith replaces it.

Praise God because HE, not we, is the author and finisher of our faith.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heb.10

1. [31] It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always struggled with fearing God. However, it recently dawned on me that what I should be fearing is Gods perfect justice.

This is really fearing the ultimate consequences of my own actions and how that caused Jesus to suffer on my behalf.

It is almost like each time I sin Jesus gets another lash of a whip.????

[Confused]

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the stories of David in the scripture. He just knew and loved the Lord. In David I see these scriptures brought to perfection or full circle if you will:

1 Chronicles 16:25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

We should fear God, but it is a Holy reverent fear. It is the BEGINNING of wisdom, but we should not remain at the beginning... we are moving on to perfection.

In David, I find the place where there is harmony between - Fear God and there is not fear in love. I saw this the first time, when I read of David and the Shew bread. But yesterday I was listening to 1 Chronicles and I heard it here too. David has just sinned against God by numbering the people and God sends to him through Gad, word that David must chose his own punishment. As I listened to his 3 choices I thought "Oh, how tough that must have been to be responsible for all these people and have to chose because of your own sins one of these punishments that would bring ill not just to you, but to those you were responsible for as well. But as we see it was not hard for David, because David knew HIS GOD, and He Knew Who he was in God and while fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, love casteth out fear and there is no fear in love.... look here and see the love between David and God...

1 Chronciles 21:10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee

12 Either three years’ famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel.

Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.

I hope this blesses someone as it blessed me.

Because we fear God we have no fear of what man can do to us; and yet at the very same time, because we love God and are loved by HIM, we have nothing to fear from HIM as HIS mercies endure forever!

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

How awesome is our God!!!!!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement