Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What will it take for revival??

Author Topic: What will it take for revival??
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to think that what happened to Old National Israel was a micro-picture of what will happen in a macro-picture to the world at large.

Toward the end of Old National Israel, the LORD God sent His Son Jeshua to the LORD's vineyard Israel, to call them to repentance. After that, they were destroyed.

Likewise, I would think that the LORD would cause His Spirit to be put on His earthly sons and daughters who are borngain Christians, for one last major call to repentance:

Ezekiel 18:32
For I have no pleasure in the death of him who dies, says the Lord {YHWH} GOD {Adonai}: therefore, turn yourselves and live.

So it is hard to say what will happen next. I would think that the LORD that I know would give the world one REALLY GOOD LAST CHANCE to repent and be redeemed by Lord God Jeshua, by SHOWING THEM SHEKINAH GLORY ON THE CHRISTIANS, just like Old National Israel SAW GLORY ON JESUS.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 1st was to get the Book into the hands of farmer/soulders. The 2nd will be those farmer/soulders going out into the fields.

Learn the Bible, and learn it well.

Then take the fields that are ready for a harvest.

This is the 2nd reveille call.

REVEILLE! REVEILLE! all sword worthy stand forward with in your influence as Gods Spirit dirrects.

With 1Cor.13 http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=5111026

rev·eil·le (rĕv'ə-lē) pronunciation
n.

1. The sounding of a bugle early in the morning to awaken and summon people in a camp or garrison.
2. This bugle call or its equivalent.
3. The first military formation of the day.
2. A signal to get up out of bed.

The Watchman can now standdown with the sound of this post he does trumpet.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
revival will happen when the LORD and the Lord are ready for revival, not before, nor after, but in due season:

And that is still going on. Are we still in the dispensation of the fulness of time? [Big Grin]

Acts 2
15 For these are not drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days," says God, "I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh[/b]: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

Apostacy, or revival? [Bible]
15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

BORN AGAIN in Him.

Thank you for writing this. The last days began with Penecost in Acts. Peter writes that to the Lord a day is like a thousand years.

I figure it's been about 2 days according to the Lord.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

revival will happen when the LORD and the Lord are ready for revival, not before, nor after, but in due season:

Ecclesiastes 10:17
Blessed are you, O land, when your king is the son of nobles, and your princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!

Matthew 24:45
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them meat in due season?

Luke 12:42
And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his Lord shall make ruler over His household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we do not faint.

Galatians 4:4
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him.

And that is still going on. Are we still in the dispensation of the fulness of time? [Big Grin]

Acts 2
15 For these are not drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days," says God, "I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh[/b]: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

Apostacy, or revival? [Bible]
15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

BORN AGAIN in Him.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did not offend me in any way!!!! [hug]

And you just gave some beautiful examples of exactly what we are talking about! [thumbsup2]

No apology is needed. I was never offended. Dont think on it again.

God does ask us to walk in faith and out of our comfort zone doesnt HE! But when He does it is such a blessed feeling to think that he allowed us to be part of his working in the life of someone else. That always has put me in awe. Yesterday, I read a prayer request from a woman who's husband is not saved and he told one his employees that his wife would pray for a situation in their life and the husband came home and asked her to pray and she asked us to pray. I had written to her the scripture about the husband being won without the word by the way the wife lives her life and clearly this was opportunity knocking! After I had told her that I would pray, I was standing in my kitchen and I was praying and I suddenly thought... " Praise GOD, How absolutely awesome of you to allow us to be part of this that you are doing. I was just thrilled and blessed by that. Prayer requests... what a simple thing, but yet what an incredible thing that God would use us that way!

God is Good!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Helpforhomeschoolers, I am sorry if I insulted you. I don't want strife between us.
I am glad you aren't a new age follower. I hear what you and Aaron are saying. ......but I need to say this. I can't of course save anyone I know only God can. In life sometimes there is a lady who is crying at my table so we pray together and I tell her about the Lord. Friends that were catholic were reading the bible with me searching for answers when they weren't born again. Family who had the Holy Spirit fall on them to make a decision about eternity needed to talk about how they thought they were TOO sinfull and didn't think God would accept them or forgive their sins. Teenagers would ask questions and let me pray with them while they visited here. Sometimes, when I NEVER plan for it to happen God uses me. I am sure He uses you too this way. When we love God and walk with Him day and night it just is a natural evangelistic thing. Being shy, disabled, and tongue tied most of the time makes me nervas that He has used me this way. It is an honor too though I feel like I am just watching a movie cause it isn't my words I'd think to say......it is all His ! Do you understand where I am coming from?
I am sorry again........what you said just hit a nerve. There are so many people that God brings near that I love and share with automatically. LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!! PEACE PLEASE AND NO HURT FEELINGS

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

If God don't do nothing, aint much of nothing gonna happen. [Big Grin]

If God does something, much is gonna happen. [Big Grin]

Romans 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

No one knows the hour or the day; watch and pray till you see Him coming through the clouds and take you right away.

God bless, BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord God Jeshua

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos to Aaron and HFHS.

You guys are right on.

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
God is good Aaron. I was posting as you were and did not see what you wrote. I seems that we have come to unity of Spirit and Faith! I love you brother!

[clap2]

Amen sis. That was wonderful! [hug]

Aaron

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is good Aaron. I was posting as you were and did not see what you wrote. I seems that we have come to unity of Spirit and Faith! I love you brother!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

PleaseMaranatha: You misunderstand what I am saying. I assure you that I am not new age. I am about as conservative and fundamental as they come, and I pray that there are many here who can testify to that.

I am not sure that I have the ability to explain what I mean because it envolves a great deal of doctrine and scripture. Let me try and summaerize it in a paragraph and perhaps Aaron who does know what I mean or Drew or someone else could give you a better understanding of what I am saying if this summary is not sufficient.

The church/Bride of Christ is built on a foundation that was laid by the Apostles. The Apostles went into the world and did what Jesus told them to do.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

When they did this people believed and the church was born.

Once we become the Church/Bride we become the body of Christ. We are supposed to assemble as such. Then the scripture tells us our function as a corporate body... I would ask that you read this very closely paying attention and meditating on the details of this scripture:

quote:
Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Note that God has given some in the church to the church to be evangelists. An evangelist is sent out by a local congregation to evangelize. When people hear the word and believe, they are brought into the church... they become part of the Body of Christ and take their place in the congregation.

quote:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Below we see here what the church is doing...
quote:

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The church is here to be a support to the church to the perfecting of saints- the transforming of saints into the image of Christ, for the work of ministry to each other, for the edifying or lifting up of each other.

This is what this looked like in the apostolic church...

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people.

And because Christ was lifted up by their living in worship and love of the brethern this is what God did:

Acts 2: 47.................And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

quote:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
We are to do these things - minister to each other, edify each other, bear each other's burdens, walk in the spirit and not the flesh wtc... till he comes.

We have been taken out of the authority of Satan in this world. We when we walk in the spirit and love the brethren, and minsiter to the body and take care of each other, and edify one another, our very lives are a witness of the power of God... a witness that Christ lives in us and you can see him because in our lives you see peace, and joy, and power over our flesh, and meekness and good and faith and longsuffering, and hope and all the fruits of HIS spirit in us because he is in us and we have lifted him up... our lives are a living sacrifice of worship and praise to him and this is the case no matter what the world looks like around us or what the world does to us and that is a powerful sight to see. It is so powerful that in the days of the apostles people were begging to get into the church even though the church was being persucuted unmercifully. In living as we ought in assembly as a body we are a living witness and testimony of the Gospel that cannot be denied.

We cant win souls. Souls are not won. Souls are bought. They were bought with HIS blood and they are called by HIM, and when they are called they are not called to the riches of this world, but to repentance, and to the PEACE, JOY, and Power of the Kingdom of God that is seen in the Body of Christ that we are.

Paul continues:

quote:
Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
When we do this we are not out there following every TV preacher/Teacher that promises us the world's treasure because we know that our treasure is in heaven as is our HEAD and we have so much more than those people can offer... we have peace joy and power in the Holy Ghost no matter what comes in this life... in lack and in abundance, in sickness and in health. We are prospering according to the prospering of our souls.

quote:
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
We are here to grow UP INTO HIM in all things. and if you look at the next verse below you will see that this is HOW GOD GROWS THE BODY!!!

quote:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And not just a witness to nations but the powers and principalities because to them ours is a witness of the justness of there coming judgement and the Glory of God Almighty and the failure of their evil leader:

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

And if the church were not running to and fro following this one and that one and were doing as the scripture calls it to do, people would be tripping over themselves trying to get in to the church to get what we have.

We who have died in Christ have ceased from our own works... we have no work to do, what we are here to do is ABIDE IN HIM, and when we are ABIDING in HIM our branch will produce much fruit.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Just think about the words "I am out there soul winning." What is that about? Who gave you the power to win souls? Every soul out there that is ever gonna come to Christ will come because they were purchased not won... purchased by HIS blood and they will come because the GOSPEL not I and my evangelical events and altar calls will draw them, but because GOD draws them and the GOSPEL not me is the power unto salvation.

We preach the Gospel for a witness when we live our lives in its power and glorify HIM by giving our lives as a living sacrifice to him through our corporate worship of him through our love of his body the church our brethren.

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
helpforhomeschoolers wrote:How did go into all the world and teach men to observe all things that I have taught you, baptizing to become... Go out there and win some souls for me? How did we come to miss that God's will for us... that which is predestined for us is that we be transformed into the image of Christ...these are the reasons we are here. To worship, to glorify, to occupy, to stand as a witness to his peace, joy and power, that he is so lifted up that men are drawn to him.

?????????????????????????did I get this wrong???????
The ROLE of the church is not evangelism!!!!

You made me think...more.

To note: "winning souls" is not Biblical. I think it was Cyrus Scofield's idea. He lived in the late 1800's.

To continue:
Would you say that the role of a car is to turn right or left? Of course not. Turning right or left is something the car does, for sure, but these functions are not the reason for the car's existence.

Ephesians 4:11-16 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

Notice that "evangelist" is merely one of the gifts listed.

..for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

The gifts, together, are for the equipping of the saints and the edifying of the Body.

..till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

The goal is expressed here. While unity of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ seems more prevalent there is a definite lack of "unity of knowledge". Both are required to bring the Body to the fullness of Christ.

..that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ--

When one gift is emphasized over another error is prevalent. When "Evangelism" is emphasized over another then the "life" of the church will emanate from the tenants of evangelism, forsaking the necessity of the other gifts.

..from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

My body sees because of my eyes. It cannot see without them. What a wonderful thing it is to see! Yet "seeing" is not the role of my body. Seeing is given to me so that I might live a full life. And what good is seeing good food if I had no way to bring it to my mouth? Enter the role of my hands. The three working together (mouth, eyes, hands) are needed for growth.

Aaron

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway said it beautifully:

quote:
"It will not be about what I can get from God
It will not be Bless me Lord
It will not be about name it and claim it
It will not be about My finances
It will not be about Gods gonna do a new thing
It will not be about the music, dance, dramas

I say if revival is to come, then it comes only with true repentance, broken and contrite hearts.

And that ought to give everyone a very obvious clue as to why a huge corporate revival won't happen (aside from the fact that the bible doesn't support it). The church these days isn't interested in preaching sin or repentance and humility before the cross.

They're far more concerned about increasing their numbers, building bigger churches and seeing what they can get God to do for them. They treat God like some giant vending machine.

It's called apostacy, and that doesn't equate with revival no matter your mathematical skills.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers wrote:How did go into all the world and teach men to observe all things that I have taught you, baptizing to become... Go out there and win some souls for me? How did we come to miss that God's will for us... that which is predestined for us is that we be transformed into the image of Christ...these are the reasons we are here. To worship, to glorify, to occupy, to stand as a witness to his peace, joy and power, that he is so lifted up that men are drawn to him.

?????????????????????????did I get this wrong???????
The ROLE of the church is not evangelism!!!!

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Amen Linda!

Pleasemaranatha, you have missed the point. Evangelism IS is alive and well in the Body of Christ. And preaching the gospel of God continues to this day.

quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
we must share it until our last second in this earth suit.

The gospel will go out unto the end of this age. No worries. [Smile]

Aaron

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh......may God forgive this talk !!!!!

The last person that talked or wrote like this was a new age follower. He did not want me to study the bible. He said not to be concerned about someone else's soul. He said he believed
in Jesus Christ and talked just like a christian. He wasn't one. That was in 1983. The devil isn't saying anything new.

I won't fall for that.

I believe My Father God softens each heart and the Holy Spirit gives the words through us. He does use this cracked old vessel and whomever else He wishes for His Glory. Many.....trillions would go to hell if humans didn't preach. God is praised and worshiped by us as we witness the good news. By the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony satan is defeated. Speaking of who my wonderful real alive God is sparks desire in some hearts. They want what I and you have......we must share it until our last second in this earth suit.

--------------------

Joyce

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Bravo Aaron! Bravo!!!!!

quote:
However, the role of the church is not evangelism...evangelism is merely one of the gifts given to the church to accomplish the desire of our Lord.
How has this been missed? We were talking about this over at Eric's. How did we ever miss that if Christ be lifted up he will draw ALL men to Him? How did we ever miss that the church is here to occupy... to worship... to be light and salt preserving GOD's word in the world until GOD not MAN but GOD puts all enemy of Christ under his feet. Why does no one hear when Matthew say the Gospel shall be preached in all the world for a WITNESS? How did we ever come to make it our task in this life winning souls to Christ... How did go into all the world and teach men to observe all things that I have taught you, baptizing to become... Go out there and win some souls for me? How did we come to miss that God's will for us... that which is predestined for us is that we be transformed into the image of Christ...these are the reasons we are here. To worship, to glorify, to occupy, to stand as a witness to his peace, joy and power, that he is so lifted up that men are drawn to him.

The ROLE of the church is not evangelism!!!! The role of the church is to be transformed into the image of Christ that he is glorified in us. The role of the church is worship.

I might add also, that the role of the church is not to defeat the devil. HE IS ALREADY DEFEATED!!!

The Role of the chruch is to walk in Christ's Victory till he come!

Thy Kingdom Come! They will be done on earth as it is now done in heaven!

Amen?

Aaron
unregistered

This topic got me thinking (run away!!!) [Cool]

I think the error in anticipating a revival is connected to the perceived role of the church. Since the perceived role is merely "evangelism" then a revival of the church would necessarily include an influx of new converts.

However, the role of the church is not evangelism...evangelism is merely one of the gifts given to the church to accomplish the desire of our Lord. And His desire is that we all grow up into the Head...into the fullness of Christ, and be (together) a temple worthy of our Father's presence.

So, instead of a false "evangelical revival" we can expect the Lord to strengthen us, to test us, to try us in the fire so that we may be able to stand, faithful, in those terrible days to come.

Aaron

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Ah, I believe that there is always opportunity for repentance and will be as long as we have breath or the church age is brought to close and the church is raptured. But repentance occurs at the individual heart level.

Revival on the other hand in my understanding of the word occurs on a corporate level. The nation of Israel for example went through periods of what I would call revival when they had a good judge and then when that one passed they went through periods of falling into apostasy. The same was true under the kings of Judah... there were good ones and bad one and when they had a good one the nation experienced revival.

The church on the other hand has ONE KING - ONE Shepherd - ONE head and authority and there are those who follow and those who dont. Those who dont will have opportunity for a time to repent. However, there is not prophesied that there will be a wide or large group who will... in fact the opposite is prophesied.

The call of Jesus to those who are in need of repentance does not negate the fact that paul says that there is going to be a falling away not a revival.

To those who dont know we are in the last days. I dont know what to say. I pray that your eyes be opened. The scripture warns us of the road that lies ahead for those who do not know what time it is:

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Show me revival in Laodicea!

Rev 2:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

The church of Laodicea thinks she is doing great...she parades her wealth and blessing and prosperity... there is nothing she needs and yet she does not have the ONE thing that she does need.

Do we not know that we are living in the age of Laodicea?????? I really pray that this is not the case. I really pray that there are none here that are that blinded by the enemy. We are not supposed to have any doubt about the season that we are in, though none of us knows the day nor the hour of HIS return. We should all be watching and listening.

Even Laodicea has a chance. Rev 3:18-19
"I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich, and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and eye salve to annoint your eyes, that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, be zealous therefore and repent."

Sounds like a possible revival=Repentance. [Smile]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Show me revival in Laodicea!

Rev 2:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

The church of Laodicea thinks she is doing great...she parades her wealth and blessing and prosperity... there is nothing she needs and yet she does not have the ONE thing that she does need.

Do we not know that we are living in the age of Laodicea?????? I really pray that this is not the case. I really pray that there are none here that are that blinded by the enemy. We are not supposed to have any doubt about the season that we are in, though none of us knows the day nor the hour of HIS return. We should all be watching and listening.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if there is gong to be a revival, then I like what David said in his post. And I say-

It will not be about what I can get from God
It will not be Bless me Lord
It will not be about name it and claim it
It will not be about My finances
It will not be about Gods gonna do a new thing
It will not be about the music, dance, dramas

I say if revival is to come, then it comes only with true repentance, broken and contrite hearts.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I have been seeing a number of things to day that shout to me that the time of the church's redemption and the beginning of Daniel's 70th week is upon us, but nothing but nothing has been as in my face about just what time we are in as this statement:

quote:
We may not be in the last days so revival is definitely still an option
Aaron: Amen!
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
Aaron

Sermons like the one you posted are disturbing because he preaches the "docrines of men" he claims preaches against.

He is so sure he knows how it will all play out at the end, it's kind of scary, that so many people are fooled by his dissertion.

I think it's an old magician's trick called verbal sleight of hand. [Razz]

I'll add to this my reason is that the whole sermon sounds like it is trying to teach people that the end time harvest won't be comprised of baby Christians, mostly mature Christians.

I wonder what motivates a person to make a doctrine from a sermon based on who will be in the Harvest in the end times. Is it to "prove" that any revival that occurs now is just a False Revival? Is it fear that any Revival we have now with signs and wonders would be a fake from Satan?

I used to listen to a Baptist pastor, that taught that after the Rapture, that people who had already heard the gospel wouldn't be able to be saved under grace, and that they would have to be under the Law again.

I call that a doctrine of man. And your pastor's sermon sounds like just another person adding his own thoughts to what the Bible teaches.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Aaron

Sermons like the one you posted are disturbing because he preaches the "docrines of men" he claims preaches against.

He is so sure he knows how it will all play out at the end, it's kind of scary, that so many people are fooled by his dissertion.

I think it's an old magician's trick called verbal sleight of hand. [Razz]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by fluffyknitter:
Hey Guys...
The only thing that i was saying with my first post was basicly (what do you think it will take to bring revival... i wanted your answers to THAT questions... not (do you think revival can even happen) Because i know it can... it happens all the time.. we sometimes just dont see it...i didnt want it to turn into some.. i know more than you do about the bible..kinda thing... maybe i was wrong for even posting this..

I agree with you that Revival can happen.

I'm not sure where all this negativity is coming from, it's suddenly become a theological discussion about Harvest.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2]
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Brothers and sisters,

I hope you don't mind my posting of a teaching I dug up from my archives. This topic caused me to remember it. I looked it up and found it to be both challenging and encouraging.

Bless you,
Aaron

quote:
Endtime Harvest

By Sam Soleyn

The Harvest at the End of the Age

I would like for us to begin today's discussion with a reading from the 13th chapter of the book of Matthew. If you would turn with me to Matthew 13 at verse 24, I'd like to read a parable to you. "Jesus told them another parable: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. The owner's servants came to him and said, Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?' An enemy did this,' he replied. The servants asked him, Do you want us to go and pull them up?' No,' he answered, because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'" (Mt. 13:24-30)

This is commonly known as "the parable of the tares and the wheat" or "the parable of the weeds and the wheat," and it's a remarkable story about the kingdom. At one level, it illustrates our anticipation of a harvest at the end of the age. On another level, it represents what the Scriptures speak about as a great falling away - the tares being pulled out, separated from the wheat.

Commonly, our view of the harvest at the end of the age is a view of the harvest that is not accurate - at least not entirely. Our view is that at the end of the age there will be a large number of new converts flocking into the kingdom. So, we look at the harvest as being an incredibly rich, abundant number of people coming into the kingdom of God, because how else would you think about a harvest? Surely, a harvest is a large crop of things being reaped, and this parable says the kingdom of heaven is like that. That notion of the harvest is actually inconsistent with the other notion of the harvest also raised in the same passage; that is, that there is a great falling away. The weeds are pulled up out of the ground.

Matthew 24 tells us that there will be a great falling away. In passages from the book of 2 Thessalonians and other aspects of the writings of Paul on the end of the age, we learn that the man of lawlessness will be revealed at a time of a great falling away. What is going on? Is it going to be either that there are large numbers of people leaving the church as in a great falling away at the end of the age or will it be large numbers of people coming into the church? Which one is the accurate view of the harvest at the end of the age?

I'd like to, perhaps, suggest to you a different framing of the same thing. Now, notice this: that the harvest came from the field of the master that was already planted; but in the same field, there were tares and wheat. In the same field, there were weeds and good seed. The harvest is the harvest of the good seed. The weeds were not part of the harvest, although, they were in the same field. I'd like to suggest to you that the harvest at the end of the age is going to be a harvest of the true body of Christ distinguished from the wrong aspects of what passes itself as the body of Christ - but indeed is not. In other words, there's much error, much lawlessness that claims the covering of the kingdom of God but never belonged to the kingdom of God.

In fact, it was said about the tares that their origin was from an enemy. When the workers of the owner went to bear the news about these weeds that had sprung up in his field among the wheat, the remark of the owner of the field was, "An enemy has done this." You see, one of the classic tactics of the devil is to sow error in the church so that it comes to resemble the wheat. The counterfeit gospel has all of the appearances, at least in the initial stages, of the true gospel. All of the works of man planted in the body of Christ have all of the right-sounding phrases, all of the right-sounding concepts; but they're devoid of the life of the Spirit of God. That is why they are tares among the wheat. Jesus said, "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men." (Inserted - actual verses - "He (Jesus) replied, Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. They worship Me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'" Mk. 7:6-7 - see also Isa. 29:13)

What Will Really Be Harvested

In earlier programs, I've been talking about the effects of the doctrines of men upon the body of Christ. One of the principal effects is the division of the body of Christ. It divides the body along loyalties that are man-made, loyalties that originate in the philosophies of man. An example of that might be: We have a common phenomenon in the church today or among Christians today of churches and church groups that require loyalty to that particular group in order to be a member. So, for example, one could actually be a member of the body of Christ, saved, filled with the Holy Spirit, and so on, and be recognized as a member of the body of Christ. But in order to become a member of a particular church, one has to agree to a new set of dogmas, a new set of doctrines, a new set of creeds and covenants in order to be or to belong to that particular church.

Now, what's wrong with that picture - that you already belong to Christ, but you must come under a new set of covenants and agreements in order to belong to a particular church? Why? Why? What is the origin of these kinds of things that look like good seed? They look like wheat. What is the origin? The origin is the enemy. "For in vain," Jesus said, "they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." It's the commandments of men, reflective of the traditions of men, that make void the law of God. There's only one thing I have read in the Scriptures that makes void the law of God. It makes void what God wants to do, and it's the traditions of men.

So, there are tares among the wheat. In the end of the age, you see, all of these things will be swept away from the church. In the parable, the weeds were gathered out first. So, there is to be a great falling away, and what will fall away is the work of the enemy within the church. We are often so naive as to think that the enemy really never has an opportunity to deceive or seduce the body of Christ. Brethren, it is not everything that has the name, "Christ," attached to it that is the Lord. In fact, in our time, there is so much paraphernalia and all sorts of things that wear the label of, "Christ," that are as far from the kingdom of God as one could get - as tares are different from wheat.

In the end of the age, the first thing that God will do is pull up the tares from among the wheat. What remains will be the harvest. What remains is what He's coming for. But when we fail to believe this, then we have to invent a concept of the harvest that is actually not true. It's not reasonable. It doesn't even make sense - and that's the idea that Jesus Christ is coming back for, primarily, new converts. Now, notice the word I use. I use the term, "primarily." That means that I'm saying that the largest number of people who will be taken out of this world at the end of the age as the body of Christ - in my understanding of the harvest - will not be new Christians. That doesn't mean that there won be any new Christians. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't be involved in the business of evangelizing, but it means that our emphasis on evangelism as the character of the church at the end of the age is not an accurate perception.

I ask you this: Does any farmer harvest a field of newly-planted seed? What is there to harvest? Does a farmer go through his wheat field harvesting newly-emerged sprouts, new blades of the new crop of wheat? No. When is the harvest a harvest? It is ready after it is fully ripened. The harvest of the church is not any different from that. Even the Scriptures described what a harvest looks like. It says first, there is the blade; then, there's a stalk; then, there's the full corn in the ear. (inserted - actual verses - "For the earth yields crops by itself; first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come." Mk. 4:28-29) That's what's the harvest - the thing that is full-term - that is ready and complete.

But our idea that the harvest will be of large numbers of new converts - because we don't know what to do with the idea of a harvest until we think about it in terms of an influx of new people - our idea, then - it's an idea looking for a place to express itself. It's really not a Biblical idea. That which does not belong to Christ but masquerades itself as being of Christ will be taken away. It will fall away because at the end of the age, the Lord has appointed that everything that can be shaken will be shaken. (inserted - actual verse - "Now this, Yet once more,' indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain." Heb. 12:27) The things that cannot be shaken are things that are not of this world. They do not have their origins in human thought. They do not have their source or the power of their life in human imaginations, or human abilities and or the energies of human beings. The kingdom of God has never been subject to the hand of man.

The Hand of Man on the Things of God

There is a story in the Old Testament about how the children of God were moving the ark of the covenant back to Jerusalem. It was put in an ox cart instead of on the shoulders of the priests as God had intended that it be transported. While the ox cart was moving along the road - and, obviously, bumping into ruts and the like - the ark began to fall off, and one named Uzzah - one can only assume he might have been a priest because of his proximity to the ark of the covenant - Uzzah reached out to steady the ark with his hands; and as his hands touched the ark, he was instantly killed. (Inserted - see 1 Chr. 13)

God wants us to understand that He was not to be offended by some dirt on the box of the ark, but God will always be offended by the hand of man on God. Let me explain. Every time we reach out to make God into our own image, He will always resist us. God will always resist the hand of man on God. We can never make God into our own image. Whatever we make and worship as God is not God. Most of these systems that we have created, and a vast number of the doctrines that support and prop up these systems have nothing to do with the kingdom of God. They are attempts by man to lay his hand upon God to make God into what man wants God to be. God will always resist the hand of man on God.

Our doctrines, and the efforts, and the constructions of man that originate with the ideas of man and are not the result of the Holy Spirit are no more than weeds among the wheat. They masquerade as if they are the wheat, but the truth is they are no more than weeds. They have life - sometimes in the early stages, they even look like wheat - but the truth and the reality is because of the origins of these doctrines and commandments - because they come from man - they will never be the good seed. They will always be weeds, and they will always be the work of the enemy within the church.

In the end of the age, God will send forth His reapers, and His angels will assist. As the things that offend are first moved out of the kingdom - as God moves these things out of His kingdom - then what remains is what He planted that has grown up into maturity. That is the good seed. Now, undoubtedly, there will be new converts among those, but the events of the end of the age will have the effect of hastening the maturity of the new converts because the next great event in the life of the body of Christ, following the end of the age, is where the church begins to rule and reign with Him.

Show me any father that ever committed rule and reign to his infant children. When they are infants, they are subject to tutors and governors until they have arrived at the requisite maturity that allows them to receive their inheritance. In the same way, the body of Christ will go through defining moments at the end of the age by which a great falling away occurs on the one hand, and by which the fruit of righteousness - the seed of God - the wheat - is matured suddenly and ready for the harvest.

I want to say to you that at the end of the age, perilous times will come for the church. These perilous times will be the orchestrations of God. He will allow them to occur as He brings distress upon the Earth, because He is shaking the heavens and the Earth. His shaking will result in a righteous people emerging, because the only thing that cannot be shaken is the kingdom of God in you.

If your trust is in the creed and doctrines of men, if your trust is in the traditions of men, if your trust to any degree rests in or resides within the teachings of men, I will have you know that in the coming days of this age - in the closing moments of this epoch - you will be confronted with such faith-shaking events that if your faith is based in the doctrines and traditions of men, your faith will give way because it cannot hold in the scrutiny that precedes His coming. The only basis upon which your faith will be maintained is the fact that your roots go down deeply into the soil of His Spirit, because the second Adam is a Life-giving Spirit. His Spirit gives life. If your faith is even in the dead letter - that is, you've taken Scripture, and you've constructed these doctrines out of Scripture, but in the process, you've excluded the Holy Spirit - you have used Scripture in an impermissible way, and the life of God is not in it.

In fact, there's a common occurrence in churches all over this nation and around the world today, and that is that there is no life in them. It isn't that there isn't life in the church, but there's not life in what men have done. You could call it the church, but if the Spirit of God does not move in it, and the life of God does not come forth, then it's not the church. Many people say, "Well, we believe in the Holy Spirit, and we think that the Holy Spirit is an accepted doctrine." The problem is that most people will say they believe in the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is never allowed to operate freely wherever the saints meet.

The reason is there's a preset agenda, because we have this idea of church. For us, church is a service performed by paid staff for the benefit of the spectators who assemble to participate. The role of most church members today is the role of spectators. They watch the paid staff perform, and they pay for the performance. The paid staff, you see, have a job to do. It is the reason they are supported. If you pay the staff, the staff feels like it's supposed to do something that justifies its pay.

The church of our Lord Jesus Christ is really not about gathering on a particular day to watch some people perform and to consume what has been prepared. The church is not a form of godliness. The church is a way of life. The body of our Lord Jesus Christ is a living, breathing, functioning entity that functions regularly within the marketplace of human interaction. It is not a weed. It is not something that imitates life. It is the true life of God within the body of His people.

So, these artificial things that we have done to simulate the life of God are no more than weeds, and they have no life within them. The artificiality of most church practice leaves the discerning members cold, because they go empty, and they come back empty. The only difference is they heard some things that may have affected them one way or another. Sometimes, the things they've heard may have offended them or affected them negatively. Sometimes, the things they hear affect them positively, but there's no long-term deposit of godliness in their lives. That's the nature of weeds. The weeds could be flowering plants - things that look like they have some use - but in the end, they do not.

The kingdom of heaven is like this parable, and it speaks of two types of lives. One life reflects the life of God, and the other life reflects the life of the enemy within the body of Christ because it was an enemy who sowed the tears among the wheat. Whatever the enemy sows, I can assure you, is not meant to promote the interests of Christ, for the enemy has but one purpose, and that purpose is to frustrate the will of God whenever he can among the people of God. So when the enemy takes an initiative, we can always anticipate that the end result will be not anything that glorifies God.

It is ironic that it is in this great falling away of the enemy's efforts from the body of Christ that the man of lawlessness will be revealed as the Scriptures say. The Scriptures say in 2 Thessalonians, the man of lawlessness will not be revealed until there has been a great falling away. (Inserted - see 2 Ths. 2:3) The reason for that is simple. Once all that is not of the church falls away - it's been shaken away by the events that we are about to face in the nation and in the world - once all of that is shaken away, then what is truly the work of the enemy is identifiable with that which has fallen away because it's no longer masquerading in the church as part of the church. If you shake it away, you pull it away, you move it away, then the contrast is what reveals what is good and what is evil - what is of God and what is of the enemy - who is of Christ and who is of the lawless one. That's the dichotomy. In this great falling away, you have both the harvest and the revelation of the man of lawlessness. Both will occur at the same time.

In the darkness that exists within the church, the enemy hides and breeds; but when in the fullness of time God begins to shake the church, the result will be there will be no place for the enemy to hide. He will turn, and he will viciously persecute those who are of Christ - because the only natural enemy of the antichrist is Christ.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will take people and Churches putting God, Jesus Christ back as number 1, not the people in the Church or the Church building.

It is all about Jesus not us.

Remember that the living God is everything- not success, not victory -- but God.

Not winning, not losing -- but God --- Aw Tozer

Until we learn to start with the first commandment we will continue to drift off course.

www.noothergods.com

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4christonly
Member # 5486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4christonly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol sry guys.. that was my post up above.. (fluffyknitter) I didnt know i was still signed in on my friends name..

--------------------
~ Jennifer
(Isiah 55:11)- GODs word will NOT return void...

Posts: 2 | From: tennessee | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fluffyknitter
First Post
Member # 5488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fluffyknitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys...
The only thing that i was saying with my first post was basicly (what do you think it will take to bring revival... i wanted your answers to THAT questions... not (do you think revival can even happen) Because i know it can... it happens all the time.. we sometimes just dont see it...i didnt want it to turn into some.. i know more than you do about the bible..kinda thing... maybe i was wrong for even posting this..

Posts: 1 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

You quote from John 4:35 yet leave out verses 36-38
"Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for eternal life; that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. For in this case the saying is true, "One sows and another reaps." I sent you to reap that which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labor."

In Matthew 13:37-40 Jesus is indeed talking about the fulfillment of the reaping of the harvest at the end of the Age.

In John, Jesus is talking of us as the laborers and that we reap what we have not labored, but others have sown seeds, and Paul also talks about how one sows and another waters, and another reaps.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Aaron do you not understand that once the land is taken spiritually the victory is won?

People can not change themselves from the outside in. It's only through the Holy Spirit from the inside out.

[Wink]

Satan loves legalism as it keeps people in bondage to the Law and to the attempting to change without the Holy Spirit.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
Revival is taking the "land". Spiritually.

See? You had to "spiritualize" it to support your rationale. Not a good sign.

And then you write this:
quote:
The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few. The fields are white and ready to harvest.
An obvious reference to these two verses:

Matt 9:37-38 "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

and

John 4:35 "Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"

The explaination is given by Jesus in Matthew 13:37:
Sower of good seed = Son of Man
Field = the world
Good seeds = sons of the Kingdom
Tares = sons of the wicked one
Sower of tares = the devil
Harvest = the end of the age
Workers = angels

The harvest will occur at the end of the age. The workers of the harvest are the angels sent by our Lord. They will separate the wheat from the tares. As epouraniois, helpforhomeschoolers, and myself have said "The end of the age is marked by separation and falling away not by revival."

And here it is in black and white, Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.'"

Aaron

What do you think the Bible is all about? It's about spiritual things. Yes they are things about the physical as well.

You sound like there is no hope. That more souls will not get saved? Revival is not a bad thing ya know.

You are speaking out of legalism.

God is a Spirit and those who worship will worship Him in spirit and in truth, not with their soulish intellect.

The parable of the sower is an ongoing fulfillment until the final fulfillment. amen.

Aaron
unregistered

quote:

See? You had to "spiritualize" it to support your rationale. Not a good sign.

And then you write this:
quote:
The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few. The fields are white and ready to harvest.
An obvious reference to these two verses:

Matt 9:37-38 "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

and

John 4:35 "Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"

The explaination is given by Jesus in Matthew 13:37:
Sower of good seed = Son of Man
Field = the world
Good seeds = sons of the Kingdom
Tares = sons of the wicked one
Sower of tares = the devil
Harvest = the end of the age
Workers = angels

The harvest will occur at the end of the age. The workers of the harvest are the angels sent by our Lord. They will separate the wheat from the tares. As epouraniois, helpforhomeschoolers, and myself have said "The end of the age is marked by separation and falling away not by revival."

And here it is in black and white, Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.'"

Aaron

epouraniois
unregistered

As I read it, Biblically and strictly speaking, the only revival underway upon this earth is Satans kingdom of Babel, till such time as:

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

...Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee...

For the kingdom of God and of His Christ cannot be built, nor revived by any of man's work, for it is of God and not of man(kind)-

Col 1:25 Whereof I (Paul) am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill (complete) the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29 Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
We may not be in the last days so revival is definitely still an option. God comes when His people pray and seek Him. The reason we don't see more of an out pouring of God's spirit in the world today is because believe that the God of the bible stopped moving in that time and isn't moving today in the same way which is nonsense since God is the same today as He was then.

Live4Christ, part of the problem is that today people choose to limit God instead of seeking Him. People choose to follow their own ways instead of spending most of their time in prayer, worship and reading the Word. Some read the word and then say the God of that day isn't the same today.

As you said, people need to start standing together but instead people choose to demonstrate division which is evident on this site sometimes.

However, it has to start with you Live4Christ. It has to start with me also. When we start standing up and doing our part, then we will start to see a change around us. That change will spread to the nations also as we go forth preaching the Word of God, praying daily and when churches start to join together instead of continuing to divide. Also, people in every church need to start joining together and praying. Often when a church opens up prayer days, few people from the congregation actually attend which is sad when you think about it. The church today is lacking commitment when they choose not to attend prayer meetings in the church.

Love, Carmy

I agree with you. Prayer is the weapon. Love is the process.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
Originally posted by live4christonly:
and heal their land....

My dear live4christonly,

What is the "land" of the Christians? Jesus said, "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head."
I think you will find that the passage you quoted is for a particular people for a particular time. And, as helpforhomeschoolers pointed out(Hi Linda), there will be a great falling away...no revival.

Bless you,
Aaron

PS: A believer can pray for the revival of him/herself and should expect difficult trials if he/she does so.

The "land" IS THE GROUND WE TAKE BACK FROM SATAN.

The "land" is souls saved. The "land" is conquering the "giants" through Christ Jesus.

I think we are in the last "days", but these days could last another 50-100 years. Why not revival?

For now we are more than conquerers in Christ Jesus.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We may not be in the last days so revival is definitely still an option. God comes when His people pray and seek Him. The reason we don't see more of an out pouring of God's spirit in the world today is because believe that the God of the bible stopped moving in that time and isn't moving today in the same way which is nonsense since God is the same today as He was then.

Live4Christ, part of the problem is that today people choose to limit God instead of seeking Him. People choose to follow their own ways instead of spending most of their time in prayer, worship and reading the Word. Some read the word and then say the God of that day isn't the same today.

As you said, people need to start standing together but instead people choose to demonstrate division which is evident on this site sometimes.

However, it has to start with you Live4Christ. It has to start with me also. When we start standing up and doing our part, then we will start to see a change around us. That change will spread to the nations also as we go forth preaching the Word of God, praying daily and when churches start to join together instead of continuing to divide. Also, people in every church need to start joining together and praying. Often when a church opens up prayer days, few people from the congregation actually attend which is sad when you think about it. The church today is lacking commitment when they choose not to attend prayer meetings in the church.

Love, Carmy

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by live4christonly:
and heal their land....

My dear live4christonly,

What is the "land" of the Christians? Jesus said, "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head."
I think you will find that the passage you quoted is for a particular people for a particular time. And, as helpforhomeschoolers pointed out(Hi Linda), there will be a great falling away...no revival.

Bless you,
Aaron

PS: A believer can pray for the revival of him/herself and should expect difficult trials if he/she does so.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

What will it take for revival? A different Bible. Revival is not prophesied for last days of the church age. A great falling away is prophsied and you can see it at every turn.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I don't claim to know the answer but here are a few thoughts:

In Acts the 1st Revival came with the ourpouring of the Holy Spirit after 120 believers waited and prayed in the upper room.

1. Believers need to pray for it.

2. The Holy Spirit brings repentance to those who
are willing to repent.

3. The Holy Spirit brings revival.

live4christonly
Member # 5486

Icon 5 posted      Profile for live4christonly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will it take for our church( all of the believers of christ) to take a stand as the body of christ, and allow God to revive our hearts and our nation..? I've been learning lately that it CANNOT happen without obediance... we have to be on the page God wants us to be on, in order for God to use us...PLEASE pray 2 chron. 7:14~ If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my and turn from their wicked ways, then will i hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land....
please give me your thoughts and ideas... [youpi]

--------------------
~ Jennifer
(Isiah 55:11)- GODs word will NOT return void...

Posts: 2 | From: tennessee | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement