Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Can Lucifer-Satan show himself to humans without first entering a human?

Author Topic: Can Lucifer-Satan show himself to humans without first entering a human?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zec 3:1 And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

How can Satan show himself if he is yet to be on earth defacto?

Joh 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

does this mean that Satan is not being held, but is here defacto, or is this a Figure of Speech, depicting the exact point of which Judas became committed to his descission?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What David Hogan saw wasn't a person, but he said it was something like a powerful force all around him. He saw something like, the only way I can think to explain it was something like beams of lighting only they were swirrling around them and would come a little close and then back off again but it couldn't touch them. He said it was as if there was a shield around them yet the powers of the devil were trying to taunt them.

There was a top witch, whatever they are called, that lived close by that area although he later became saved.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ephesians we are told the battle is not against flesh and blood. It's against the rulers, the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against spritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Satan never shows himself to humans, unless he get exposed to the Light.(Jesus Christ)

Satan works through people ie the Bible calls them the children of iniquity. Satan doesn't wish to show himself to humans as he really is.
He is a deceiver and a liar.

Satan only "shows" up spiritually and then we can see the evil manisfestion in the physical realm through people's actions.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of people seeing the devil in a vision.
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think satan needs a human to show himself but I also believe that God reveals satan to people sometimes.

David Hogan tells of this happening to him. You can search online to learn more of David Hogan's ministry. Fortunately he isn't well known so I won't be jumped on by others for bring his name up. He has a powerful ministry and has seen numerous miracles.

He was on his way to minister to some people in an area where there is extreme witchcraft. As he approached a fence, he knew what was coming so he gave those with him an opportunity to turn back althoug they didn't. The gate slammed shut behind him by itself, then God opened his eyes to the devil. You can hear him preaching on line but I don't want to recount what he saw because I can't do it justice.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 4:8 satan wanted Jesus to bow down and worship him and was not in human form

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what we've see.

Also, when satan was tempting Jesus to jump and have God save HIM...satan was not in a human.

God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleasemaranatha, what do you base that answer on?

God bless, BORN AGAIN

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

NO he can show himself without a human.

--------------------

Joyce

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can Lucifer-Satan show himself to humans without first entering a human?

Angels came to Abraham-Saran in the plain of Mamre. So can devils look like humans if they want to or do devils need to enter a person first to manifest.

Does Lucifer-Satan need a human accomplice to declare "himself" God in the temple, or can Lucifer-Satan show himself to the human world without the agency of a human?

Luke 22:3
Then Satan entered into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement