Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the battle between Christianity and Islam is heating up

Author Topic: the battle between Christianity and Islam is heating up
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear WKUHilltopper, you write
quote:
I know Islam claims Ishmael as the origination of their "people", but I'm not at all sure they have a lineage to Ishmael (hence Abraham).
I agree to a large extent. When Abram left Ur of the Chaldees, there were still many other men and clans in Ur of the Chaldees. All these people knew the area of north Arabia real well.

Shem...Eber had two sons, Peleg and Joktan. From Shem...Eber Peleg came the Shemite Terah, Abram, Israelites. We know where these went geographically.

Shem...Eber, Joktan, the full brother of Peleg, went south into Arabia and formed the great Joktanite kingdom in south Arabia especially.

The Abraham-Hagar Ishmaelites and the Abraham-Keturah Midianites apparently intermarried greatly and they both occupied their mutual territories.

The Ishmaelites grew up in the Wilderness of Paran (southeast of the Negeb) into a 12-family tribe. The Wilderness of Paran was near the Arabah on whose other side was the Mountain of Edom and the south side of the mountain of Moab.

The Midianites roamed along the east side of the mountain of Edom (Esau) and along the east side of the mountain of Moab and along the east side of the mountain of Ammon.

On the east side of Edom, Moab, and Ammon, these mountains slope and merge gradually into the northwest Arabian Desert.

That’s where the Midianites were, going up and down the ancient track that led north to Damascus.

The Abraham-Hagar Ismaelites, with the help of the intermarried Abraham-Keturah Midianites, apparently possessed the valuable north part of the Red Sea coast of northwest Arabia.

Whether the Abrahamic Ishmaelites-Midianites may have possessed the Red Sea coast of west Arabia as far south as Mecca and Medinah, I don't know for sure, but it does SEEMS LIKELY that Islam may have originated through an Abrahamic Ishmaelite-Midianite line.

God bless, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Lord God Jeshuah.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

This separation between Christianity and Islam is further being accelerated by the election of Islamic Hamas to govern the Palestine Authority or the Gaza Strip.

Because Islamic Hamas has not renounced violence against Israel yet, the USA and Israel and the EU (which were at least founded on Christianity are rethinking about withholding billions of aid to the Gaza Strip until Islamic Hamas renounces violence toward Israel (out of Israel has come Christianity).

So Islamic Hamas then appealed to Islamic nations to help more, thus again gradually increasing more separation between Christianity and Islam.

BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an awesome thing to be living in this generation! I believe that there will be an eccumennical union of Islam, Catholicism and the Apostate so called Christian church that is following the popular pragmatic church movement that is beling led by people like Warren and Osteen and others at this time.

Need to know where we stand folks:

Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceedeth from the Father.

The WORD:

Add nothing to it. - Catholicism does.
Take nothing from it. Islam does as it takes the diety of Christ.
Esteem no man over it. The apostate Chrisitian church does.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam says that Jesus will return before Mohammed and tell the whole world that they were wrong about Him being the Messiah but to wait on the prophet Mohammed.

So Christians are awaiting Jesus to return
Jews are waiting for the Messiah to return
Islam says that Jesus returns first before Mohammed. So I agree that Satan probably does enter the scene thru the Islamic religon. And when you take into consideration that the Catholic Church refers to Muslims as their "brothers in the faith" but considers Protestants as "erring-brothers" in the faith it sure makes one wonder.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
I know Islam claims Ishmael as the origination of their "people", but I'm not at all sure they have a lineage to Ishmael (hence Abraham).

The Scriptures tell us:

Genesis 17:20 (King James Version

20And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

I sorta interpret this as a positive recognition of God. Or blessed as in "loved and respected" by God. And a "great nation" as one which is respected and admired in the world. I could be completely wrong on this (surprise!). At this point in time, I don't have any respect for the Arab nations--but maybe that's just me! These guys wanna chop off our heads! I just don't think God would bless a people that have this desire to kill and maime.

Great nation could mean "big and imposing". Certainly 1.3 billion muslims are a "great big nation" and it would appear, to some, most are "blessed" with oil and wealth--well, collectively as a people they aren't, just those in power are.

In other words, I think the Muslims have grabbed onto another lie and have perpetuated another falsehood...by contending they are from the seed of Ishmael. I don't believe they are from the seed of Ishmael as they claim and only using this as a means to "sell" the idea they have ancestory with Abraham and, thus, can claim ownership of Israel/Jerusalem.

If anything, they're probably decended from Cain.

I tend to agree and believe that Satan will probably enter the scene via the muslim "religion".

I believe Satan has long been practising in the Muslim Religion, like since the beginning, of it's inception.

Islam is also awaiting their "holy one" to come, just as Christians are waiting for Christ's second coming and the Jews are still waiting for Christ's "first coming".

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Scriptures tell us:

Genesis 17:20 (King James Version

20And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

I sorta interpret this as a positive recognition of God. Or blessed as in "loved and respected" by God. And a "great nation" as one which is respected and admired in the world. I could be completely wrong on this (surprise!). At this point in time, I don't have any respect for the Arab nations--but maybe that's just me! These guys wanna chop off our heads! I just don't think God would bless a people that have this desire to kill and maime.

Great nation could mean "big and imposing". Certainly 1.3 billion muslims are a "great big nation" and it would appear, to some, most are "blessed" with oil and wealth--well, collectively as a people they aren't, just those in power are.

In other words, I think the Muslims have grabbed onto another lie and have perpetuated another falsehood...by contending they are from the seed of Ishmael. I don't believe they are from the seed of Ishmael as they claim and only using this as a means to "sell" the idea they have ancestory with Abraham and, thus, can claim ownership of Israel/Jerusalem.

If anything, they're probably decended from Cain.

I tend to agree and believe that Satan will probably enter the scene via the muslim "religion".

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

when Lucifer-Satan fired the first volley into the land of the Christians by flying planes into the World Trade Center, Lucifer-Satan=Devil fired the first volley and started the last days' battle between Christianity and Islam.

I believe Islam is Lucifer-Satan's counter-religion to the religion of the Prince Jeshuah and His Father LORD YHWH. Lucifer-Satan even borrowed many of the same characters from the LORD's book, like Abraham and Ishmael and others.

And now journalists in Denmark have made 12 drawings of Islam and of their prophet Mohamet, some not so flattering, but hey, Islam flew planes into our Christian World Trade Center.

And Norway has reprinted the drawings or caricatures and so has Germany and the Netherlands and France and Jordan (the editors of France and Jordan were fired).

And now this row has escalated between the expression of free speech in Christian-based West and Islam where there is not freedom of speech.

The battle is heating up. Even my writing project, In Search of the Land of Goshen is dove-tailing right into that battle between Lucifer-Satan and his proxy Islam in the earth and the Prince Lord God Jeshuah and his proxy Christianity in the earth.

Things are heating up and escalating between Christianity and Islam.

BORN AGAIN [Cross]
"brother David, protect my privacy" (always check with me first before you EVER give out any info on me"; thanks!)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement