Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » partial holy attainment?

Author Topic: partial holy attainment?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately work oriented, for we are His workmanship, therein we are to work out our own salvation,that is to say, work out whether or not we seek to attain to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Or not. It is the practice which adheres to the doctrine. Without doctrinal understanding, there is no worthy walk.

As far as the minimum being 30, I cannot read that into the verses. It doesn't specifically say that. The one coin man in the parable hid his work, thusly failing to attain, instead making his own clothes and is seen as naked. Paul did not want to be found naked. If you read a couple of more verses down, the apostle says he has already attained, Paul knew he had to continue on unto the end, which gives us the word for perfect, teleios. He had not apprehended, yet, in actualization to the out resurrection he is speaking of, but had attained in reckoning. The fundamentals being the continuing on, and not drawing back.

If Paul wasn't a 100 fold dude, I don't know who was.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epouraniois writes
quote:
Nothing is missing. Paul was a hundred fold kinda guy
speculation, since he said, "Not as if I have already attained".
quote:
and was full to his fill, whereas someone like me, a 1 fold dude
Oh, oh, that's 29 short of the minimum 30x-fold to be considered good ground, you are in deep trouble, dude.
quote:
if I do my work, then I too will be filled to my full, and will be looked upon as being equal
Ah, a work's oriented gospel.
quote:
that is to say, equal as in the relationship of those who attain unto the prize, or reward.
Amen to that.

"Your kingdom come, Your will be done"

BORN AGAIN [Cross] of Jeshuah

epouraniois
unregistered

Nothing is missing. Paul was a hundred fold kinda guy, and was full to his fill, whereas someone like me, a 1 fold dude, if I do my work, then I too will be filled to my full, and will be looked upon as being equal, that is to say, equal as in the relationship of those who attain unto the prize, or reward.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I know that 30x-fold and 60x-fold and 100x-fold are called "and these fell on good ground".

So what in Christianity would 30x-fold attainment look like? And what is the other 70x-fold that is "missing"?

Or, what in Christianity would 60x-fold attainment look like? And what is the other 40x-fold that is "missing"?

And what does 100x-fold look like? Here, nothing is "missing" but all three are "on good ground, some returning 30x-fold, some 60x-fold, and it was still okay.

What were they doing for those other 70x-fold?

May God of Israel bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

Paul is speaking of the attainment unto the prize of the high calling, which is experimentally in affect now, being Christ in us and us in Christ. Christ cannot be in us until we are in Christ. The subject is two-fold; acknowledgment and continuing unto the end. Salvation is not the subject.

This brings to mind the parable of the guest in the wrong clothes. What are the wrong clothes? They are found in the parable with the coins, where the one coin man did not produce, instead, he counted himself out of sight, and therefore, free to do his own will rather than what was intrusted unto him. This man came to the wedding in the clothes he made for himself, and was, therefore, found in his own righteousness rather than being clothed in the righteousness of the Lord, which is by faith, for our righteousness is as filthy rags.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Philippians 3:12
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:16
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

1 Timothy 4:6
If you put the brethren in remembrance of these things, you shall be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto you have attained.

So 30x-fold, some 60x-fold, and some 100x-fold:

Matthew 13:8
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some a 100x-fold, some 60x-fold, some 30x-fold.

Is 30x-fold and 60x-fold partial holy attainment:

Philippians 3:16
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

God is in control. Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom. [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement