Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the priests of Zadok

Author Topic: the priests of Zadok
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Born Again

Look, epouraniois, above the house of Israel receives the identical gifts that we the church have received, namely, a "third kind of man", "a new man", neither Jewish nor Gentile, but "a third kind of man", "a bornagain from above kind of man", even for the house of Israel, just like the church has?

Not identical, not at all. What this fleshy heart is, compaired to the heart of stone they now have, referrs to the new covenant prepared for them and offered during the Acts.

The church body however, would never of had to come here at all, in the flesh, if Israel had repented and received the kingdom. As it now is revealed, the one body, called 'the church, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all', has, not a fleshy heart made from a stone heart, but rather, every blessing that is spiritual that God has to give, and has them in heavenly places.

When you write 'all Christian stuff', I disagree, even thought the great many claim for the church Israel's things. Those who followed Christ were not called Christians till much later, after Peter speaks to a gentile, for His following was only about 120 strong at His murder, see Acts 1. Those who followed Christ were called Jews. Christ Himself said He came not but for the lost of Israel, go not unto the way of the gentiles. Jesus the Christ and Lord did not have to be asked, He healed all, every one of them. It didn't require belief, it only required the Lord's presence, but when a gentile dog asked for help, He answered her not a word. And when He did answer, He said, 'I come not but for...Israel'.

Ez. was writing to Israel. Not to Christians. He specifically states that clearly, speaks to their inheritance promised to the fathers, being in the land, &c. &c. These things have nothing to do with Christianity, strickly speaking, for the body has no earthly inheritance. I am afraid though, that many Christians will be found 'in the land' and as a witness for Israel rather than heavenly places, because they simply do not believe and therefore do not study the only letters written to them which have their name on the envelope. Instead they claim Israel's things for themselves, which cannot be what the apostle was speaking of when he spake of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The apostles specifically speaks of leaving those things behind and pressing to that which is ahead, namely the mystery which was hid, but now made known...

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

The Blessing here, is for God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who blessed the church which is His body. The blessings are in heavenly places and are all spiritual, none being withheld.

Does this mean that every Christian will have these blessings? No, the requirement is founded upon those which He had chosen before age times. I believe that those so chosen do hear His call and do see this secret revealed, while others cannot and do not see it, therefore they cannot acknowledge this portion of what is written.

I have speculated, in the past, that whatever had occurred when the angels fell, following after Satan, that Israel, being chosen and called out, must of done something like staying with God, not following after Satan, but now I don't think that is quite right.

Since the Lord has opened up the Scriptures for my acknowledgment, I am aware that it is the church body who would not have need to come in the flesh. This is shown by the fact that 2 Thess 2 states the man of sin would come first, and Mat24, Luk 21, & Mar 13 all support this forewarning to Israel, with the Lord returning, and all being changed into their resurrection bodies.

Resurrection would have occurred, the one thousand years would have past, and Israel would be well on her way of fulfilling all that is written, perhaps even leading to the new heaven and new earth by this time.

If I were to speculate on why God chose some, before they were born, I lean towards the one body being of those who did not follow after Satan upon his iniquity.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Revelation 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

Moses saw this with limited understanding;
Ezekiel saw this timeless place in the limits of his understanding;
David saw it in the light of the due order of divine praise and worship;
John saw it in the fulness as best he could relate it.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother epouraniois, this was interesting. I'm beginning to agree with you that the church was a mystery until Paul preached it.

And, as I said in another Topic today, the church is "neither Jew nor Gentile" for the Lord has made of the two a third kind of man, a "man with access to the Holy Spirit again".

Who is neither Jewish (nor Israelite) nor Gentile, but is a third kind of man, as God has made of the two one new man, so that neither one can complain. The church is composed of these third kinds of men, neither Jew nor Gentile, but a new kind of man, a bornagain man.

But I agree that the church was not preached in that way by the readers of the Old Testament, but as Alfred Edersheim said, "Judah/Israel expected a very different Messiah than Who they got"!
quote:
The only places where we find the proclomatin of the church is found in the prison ministry of Paul. Every other reference is in regards to Israel and the kingdom. And at no time, from Gen. 12, where God called out a chosen people as a channel to the nations, all the way through till the end of Acts, will it be found, any verses proclaiming the church. The church body was unknown and unforseen until it was revealed to Paul the prisoner.
But Old Israel will also receive the promises of the spirit, as Ezekiel 36 said:

Ezekiel 36
17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:

19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.

21 But I had pity for My holy name which the house of Israel profaned among the heathen, where they went.

22 Therefore say to the house of Israel, thus says the Lord {YHWH} GOD {Adonai}; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the heathen, where you went.

23 And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which you have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, says the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Now here comes the Christian church third man part for the house of Israel, epouraniois:

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you {all Christian stuff!}, and you shall be clean {all Christian stuff!} from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you {all Christian stuff!}.

26 A new heart also will I give you {all Christian stuff!}, and a new spirit will I put within you {all Christian stuff!}: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh {all Christian stuff!}.

27 And I will put My spirit within you {all Christian stuff!}, and cause you to walk in My statutes {all Christian stuff!}, and you shall keep My judgments, and do them {all Christian stuff!}.

28 And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you shall be My people, and I will be your God {all Christian stuff!}.

Look, epouraniois, above the house of Israel receives the identical gifts that we the church have received, namely, a "third kind of man", "a new man", neither Jewish nor Gentile, but "a third kind of man", "a bornagain from above kind of man", even for the house of Israel, just like the church has?

Choose the God of Israel, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Lord Jeshuah.

brother epouraniois wrote:
quote:
Therefore, Ez. was not speaking of any Christian church.
[Confused]
epouraniois
unregistered

I subscribe to the two-foldedness of prophetic truth, but do not take it to the spiritual extreme, thus, I do not subscribe to the temple of Rev11 being a temple of our bodies.

With Ez. he was speaking of what must come to pass firstly as types, shadows, and figures, as well as the goal in attainment, wherein there must be, of necessity, a new heaven and a new earth.

God does not repair broken things, He makes the old things new. And the former things are past away.

The only places where we find the proclomatin of the church is found in the prison ministry of Paul. Every other reference is in regards to Israel and the kingdom. And at no time, from Gen. 12, where God called out a chosen people as a channel to the nations, all the way through till the end of Acts, will it be found, any verses proclaiming the church. The church body was unknown and unforseen until it was revealed to Paul the prisoner.

Therefore, Ez. was not speaking of any Christian church.

'the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb'

should be, as per the grammatical kai explicative,

the Lord God Almighty EVEN the Lamb

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother Thunderz7 writes
quote:
I believe Ezekiel saw the coming together of the dry bones into the functional Body of Christ.

Ezekiel didn't see some physicial temple built in the land of Israel, or a temple in some future utopia;
Ezekiel saw the temple of YHWH which is in the individual and in the joined bones, the individual parts of the Body of Christ;
Ezekiel saw the mystery, which is Christ being formed in us the hope of glory.

And brother epouraniois appears to agree with him:[quote]Q. what temple did Ez. see
A. 1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

If what Ezekiel sees in Ezekiel 40-48 is the glorified church of God and not an actual temple, what do you do with words like these?

Ezekiel 41:21
The posts of the temple were squared, and the face of the sanctuary; the appearance of the one as the appearance of the other.

Ezekiel 41:23
And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors.

Ezekiel 42:20
He measured it by the four sides: it had a wall round about, five hundred reeds long, and five hundred broad, to make a separation between the sanctuary and the profane place.

Ezekiel 44:1
Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looks toward the east; and it was shut.

And more of the same:

Ezekiel 48:10
And for them, even for the priests shall be this holy oblation; toward the north 25,000 {reeds} in length, and toward the west 10,000 {reeds} in breadth, and toward the east 10,000 {reeds} in breadth, and toward the south 25,000 {reeds} in length: and the sanctuary of the LORD shall be in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 48:21
And the rest shall be for the prince, on the one side and on the other of the holy oblation, and of the possession of the city, over against the 25,000 {reeds} of the oblation toward the east border, and westward over against the 25,000 {reeds} toward the west border, over against the portions for the prince: and it shall be the holy oblation; and the sanctuary of the house shall be in the midst thereof.

If the glorified church was meant by this temple and sanctuary which Ezekiel saw, what would be the meaning of it "having two doors" once the church is glorified.

Ezekiel 41:23
And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors.

It is interesting though that the temple and the sanctuary are mentioned as separate items.

The temple presumably is the outer building of the porch and Holy Place, while the sanctuary is the Most Holy Place.

It had two doors. Or this:

Ezekiel 44:1
Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looks toward the east; and it was shut.

The eastern gate is still shut today. If we the church are meant by the temple which Ezekiel saw, what is meant by our "outward sanctuary" and "it was shut".

It appears to be be a real physcial temple and sanctuary. Although Ezekiel 48:10 only says that the "sanctuary" shall be in the holy oblation of land, and "no temple is mentioned".

Revelation 21:22
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

"Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom". BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

Q. how did David go astray
A. he numbered the children of Israel

Q. how did the Levites go astray
A. they got lazy and gave over their preistly duties to the nephilims

Q. what temple did Ez. see
A. 1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

these are not the mystery.

Q. what is the mystery
A. that the Lord is, in His purpose, and for the pleasure of His Will, building a temple also in the superheavenlies, Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

NOTE - after Acts Israel takes her place amidst the nations, and is henceforth referred to as a gentile, that is, as all others are also, nations created and founded in the peace made by God by the blood of Christ - co-equals - Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel -

We have no English equivalents of these words (bolded), but they mean, basically, co-equals.

Q. what is written before in a few words
A. Ps. 8 (Paul alone quotes this) - the secrets of the Son

Q. what has been the problem
A. The Lord cannot abide in sin, and cannot, therefore, abide in us unless and until we aquire knowledge - WRONG - NOTE - the word knowledge and the word acknowledge are the same word in most instances, and should have been translated acknowledge in all of those places - THEREFORE - The Lord cannot abide in us until we acknowledge that we have died and are now raised and will one day be actualized in being seated with Him.

A. we fail to acknowlege what is written, and instead, seek to understand what is written, thus, unavoidably adding our concepts to His Word. This is the opposite of acknowledgment.

Q. what is wisdom
A. acknowledging ALL that is written, letting that which is written remain within its given context = acknowledgment

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are so awesome!!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe we as born again believers have the potential to be the priest of Zadok, in the royal priesthood under our High Prist who is in the Order of Melchizedek.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
1 Peter 2:9 - But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Hebrews 6:20 - Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The line of Aaron can be traced easily through scripture coming down to Zadok, thus the sons and seed of Zadok in the vision of Ezekiel.

At the time of the coming of Yeshua/Jesus the true priesthood was not in the high priest Caiaphas and Annas;
the true priesthood was with Zacharias, who passed the true priesthood to his son John the baptist, who turned the true priesthood over to Yeshua/Jesus;
Jesus then raised the priesthood to a higher order, the Order of Melchizedek.

John the baptist mother, the wife of Zacharias, was from the daughters of Aaron (Lk.1:3), thus from the seed of Zadok;
Zacharias was a Levite, which had come down to and through Zadok.

I believe Ezekiel saw the coming together of the dry bones into the functional Body of Christ.

Ezekiel didn't see some physicial temple built in the land of Israel, or a temple in some future utopia;
Ezekiel saw the temple of YHWH which is in the individual and in the joined bones, the individual parts of the Body of Christ;
Ezekiel saw the mystery, which is Christ being formed in us the hope of glory.

Ezekiel saw the restoration of the Tabernacle of David, the due order of divine praise and worship, within the circumcised heart of true believers, where there is no veil.

The animal sacrifices Ezekiel saw on the brazen alter are, the death of the beast nature, the death of the old man the birth of the new, the sacrifice of self, taking up the cross daily, crucifixion of flesh, circumcision of heart.

The rooms for priest are resting places for anointings, gifts, callings and talents.

The Prince form the East is the very Sun of Righteousness that Malachi speaks of in (Mal.4:2).

The similarities of Ezekiels vision, the Body of Christ, the temple inside each individual true believer, and the Tabernacle of David are many for those who seek them, I have listed few.

be blessed in Jesus
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently read in Ezekiel 48 about the priests of Zadok who will minister to the Prince Lord Jeshuah-Jesus in the holy oblation or portion of land by Jerusalem where the Lord Prince will live amid the 13 tribes of Israel:

Ezekiel 48
1 Now these are the names of the tribes.

8And by the border of Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it.

9 The oblation that you shall offer unto the LORD shall be of 25,000 {reeds} in length, and 10,000 {reeds} in breadth.

10 And for them, even for the priests shall be this holy oblation; toward the north five and twenty thousand in length, and toward the west ten thousand in breadth, and toward the east ten thousand in breadth, and toward the south five and twenty thousand in length: and the sanctuary of the LORD shall be in the midst thereof.

11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; who have kept my charge, who went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

It is interesting how the Lord works because I had read that verse 11 about the priests of the sons of Zadok, but I did not know who really the priests of Zadok were.

It so happened that I started reading my Bible again in 1 Chronicles, and behold, I met up with the priests of Zadok!

The priests of Zadok were priests for King David:

2 Samuel 8
16 And Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the host; and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder;

17 And Zadok the son of Ahitub, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and Seraiah was the scribe;

18And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over both the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and David's sons were chief rulers.

Now, it is apparently said Jeshuah the Son of David will sit upon the throne of the Greater David:

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Amos 9:11
In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Acts 15:16
After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up.

So it is fitting that the priests of Zadok who stayed faithful to King David will also minister to the Greater David whose tabernacle will again be raised up in the holy oblation of land by Jerusalem:

10 And for them, even for the priests shall be this holy oblation; toward the north 25,000 in length, and toward the west 10,000 in breadth, and toward the east 10,000 in breadth, and toward the south 25,000 in length: and the sanctuary of the LORD shall be in the midst of it.

11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; who have kept my charge, who went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

BTW, which "going astray" is referred to for the children of Israel and for the Levites, pleaz?

May the LORD God of Israel cause me to be BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Jeshuah of Bethlehem-Judah, the Son of David.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement