Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » my Christian cat story

Author Topic: my Christian cat story
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL BA You tell a stories well. I smiled all the while I was reading it.

I praise God for how He came through for you. I love all pets so it's good to see you gave the cats a good home and they are not in small boxes at the humane society.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it awesome how God takes care of things like that? I am always amazed when God takes care of the smallest things. I know I shouldn't be, after all, He tells us in the Bible that He even takes care of the birds!

"Behold the fowl of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" - Matt. 6:26

Our God is an Awesome God!! [Smile]

~ Jen

Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God cares for every little detail in our lives - great story BORN AGAIN! [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I share a house with a non-Christian friend K. whom I have known for 45 years, and we rent out two rooms to cut costs.

When one of our tenants recently died, K. decided "we" should keep the dead tenants two female cats to keep the house free of rodents. Good idea.

But I told him up front that I don't have money for veterinary work, and that my income and bills were about equally matched. So I was provided a better and safer environment than say, the city pound for these cats, but for the rest they'll have to make it through without veterinarians.

To which he agreed. It happened however that the females are not spayed and spaying involves $205/per cat for spaying plus MUST HAVE exam and vaccination shots costing $60 more.

I said to K., I don't have that kind of money. Then he said, Okay, then I am going to burn incense.

Now, I used to share a house with K. that was 8 times larger than the crackerjackbox we live in now. If K. burns incense in his room downstairs, that incense floats up to where BA lives upstairs and into my room.

Frankincense and myrrh, no less, just like in my Roman Catholic days the priest would waive the incenser toward the congregation and this incenser wafted frankincense and myrrh to us.

And that is what K. also has. Now, friends, I love fresh air, I cherish fresh air, do not mess with my air-type of thing, and unChristian K. says to me, "if you will not pay for the spay I will burn incense in my room and in the public area."

To which I said, okay, if you are going to burn incense, then I will get a storage place and I will start moving most of my things in the storage place and "keep a leaner and meaner profile" while I am looking for a place where the air is clean.

But, I said, I have sent an email to the humane society asking for emergency help to get the cats spayed since one is in heat now, and I will let you know what the email says when I get to work.

When I got to work, there was NO email from the humane society, but I got a call from the humane society surgeon in the late afternoon, asking me to bring in the female cat in heat and they had a voucher waiting for us of $30 to pay for the entire surgery, and all we have to pay is $18 for his shots!

I called K. and said, "good news!" (sounds Christian, doesn't it? "good news!), I just heard from the humane society, she answered my plea and will do her this Saturday morn, practically for free!"

What a relief. no incense will be burned [mad2] , thank God; I HATE incense but then I HATE all aerosols and Glades that messes with the air.

My first wife practically roasted me out of the house with the heater; I can see that whether someone likes the heater or not can be ground for divorce!?

Anyway, I thank my LORD and Savior YHWY and His Son and The Holy Spirit if they did this for me. [thumbsup2]

Bless the LORD God of Israel, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement