Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Old Testament Diet???

Author Topic: Old Testament Diet???
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how come people who don't follow Jesus, maybe even
deny his saviourship and lordship,
but they obey the dietary laws of deuteronomy? -
how come they don't get cancer, heart disease, diabetes or asthma? (less than 3 per 100)

yet,those who claim to worship the one true G_d ,
and choose to eat whatever they want,
how come they get cancer and heart disease and
asthma and diabetes, over 59 per 100???

think G_d knew/knows something ?

this post is rhetorical of course. but for your
own health and your family look into it at a
strictly christian health food store.
new age and yoga and meta-xxxx origin from demons
that you don't want to deal with - they will take
you where man has never dreamed of going.

i just noticed the topic again - old testament diet?

people around the world who eat the natural grown
unprocessed foods don't have illness, period, as
a rule. there are exceptions, yes, most all of
which can be traced to chemical and radioactive
poisons which are now everywhere thanks to man.

the medical industry is false and full of harm.
dktrs and drgs and food co. all want people, a lot
of people, to keep getting sick. Love of money, remember?

set my people free - the voice of one crying in
the wilderness, not to be finished until the
last martyr has given his life in testimony for
Yeshua and the L_rd and Master then returns! Yes!

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus, you can eat what you want. You are a free person in the USA and you can be you. But many things, if not all things, both good and bad, excellent and awful, have consequences and as long as we are willing to pay or experience the consequence, we can choose to eat what we want.

Over the long term, though, fast food is probably dangerous to your health. Sometimes I also need something "really hearty".

We can do what we want, but everything has a consequence, some to the good, some to the bad.

God bless, and take care, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've beeen trying to stop fast food but i had it tonight.
epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel:
Actually if we read chapter 2 of Acts we can find that God is not diving Jews and Gentiles but making them one.

No way. There were no gentiles at the anual Pentacostal feast of the tribes of the Hebrew nations. Peter made it clear, 'this is that' spoken of by Joel the prophet. Read Joel and find the gentiles there.

They aeren't there. Eight years later Peter is sent to speak to Cornelius, and doesn't have any idea why he is to speak, telling Cornelius:

Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

If Pentacost was any type of event merging gentiles at the Jewish feasts, Peter doesn't know anything about it, and further, neither do any of the Jews, for they hold counsil against Peter, prepared to stone him to death for speaking to a gentile. A little later on they are in riot that gentiles are being spoken to about their God, but even before that they tried to kill Paul for turning Christian, and stoned Steven for preaching Christ and speaking plainly about their rejection of the truth.

Indeed, there was a church began at Pentacost, but there are no Biblical verses supporting any Hebrew knowledge that any gentile was part of it.

They 'were all of one accord'.

Throughout the Acts, even when Paul was preaching to the gentiles, they stood outside the middle wall of partition in the outermost portion of the outermost court, never seeing the Tabernacle.

The penalty was death, and they have the stone in the Brittish museum which says as much.

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually if we read chapter 2 of Acts we can find that God is not diving Jews and Gentiles but making them one. Remember that before the day of Pentecost God made a great miracle beside Salvation, He brought down in Christ the curtain that divided man from God in the temple. God does not reside in that manner of temple but in the temple of our bodies. Even do the Jews had the Law of God they did not have a free access to the throne of God but now Jews and Gentiles have access by the wonderful redemptive work of Christ. The Jews did not receive this with gladness! “ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,” And the Peter sayest in Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Now, this calling we know is was the cause of been with one mind. Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Eating bread and meat..

This is just my view maybe some one might have a better understanding but beacause of the fall man cannot sustain in green herbs only, he needs the minerals and other vitamins that meat have. When God created Adam in paradise it was comparable with creation which God made all green. But after the fall the curse brought blood!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Eph 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The ordinances here is 'dogma', and centers around the middle wall of partition which was erected during the Acts, which no gentile could pass. This dogma were the four necessary things given in Acts 15, three of which had to do with food.

Dogma must not be confused with doctrine.
Dr. Bullinger in his Lexicon says:

Dogma, that which seems true to one, an opinion, especially of philosophic dogmas; a public resolution, decree (occ. Luke 2:1, Acts 16:4; 17:7...).

This word, "abolished", translates the Greek katargeo which means rather "to render inoperative", as can be seen in such passages as Romans 7:2 "loosed from the law"; "done away" (2 Cor. 3:7,11,13,14) and "to make of none effect" (Gal. 3:17, 5:4). The temporary measures introduced by the Council at Jerusalem were abrogated when the truth for the present dispensation was revealed.

So when they decided to reject this new man created afresh from out of the two, as far as God is concerned, it was made of none affect, as the church is created and moved up to the heavenlies, which reading the prison epistles will reveal.

Instead of this divided company of believers where the Jew was first, where the Gentile was but a wild olive graft contrary to nature, we have the creation of the two, in Himself, of one new man. In this new company neither Jew nor Gentile as such can be discovered; the Church of the One Body is not something carried over from earlier days, remodelled and reconstituted in order to give the Gentile a better place in it.

The same is expanded upon in Colossians:

Col 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

But the substance is of Christ. See the contrast there?

Shadow and substance.

During the Acts, the one purpose was for Israel to repent, and so turn to Christ as to receive the kingdom, Christ bringing resurrection to them, but they did not.

They had the 'powers of the age to come', and every Hebrew person had a chance to hear, but the nation as such, did not beleive, so it that kingdom, along with her hope, is postponed.

But while that kingdom was being offered to Israel, they were not to eat meat if it would cause offense to any person, if it would cause any person to stumble at the word being sent, and that word was to Israel, to repent and turn:

Act 3:18
But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Every letter during the Acts was written to Israel, for the hope of Israel. Yes, some gentiles that were in the immediate area of the synagogues were permitted to hear, to partake of Israel's spiritual things in resurrection. The gentiles had no hope of their own, their hope was to partake of Israel's spriitual things, and in so doing, this was, as prophecied, to provoke Israel to imulation. No gentile was being offered any salvation outside of Israel's hope. They weren't building the gentile church, they were provoking Israel so she might bear her fruit and receive the kingdom, not the church, the kingdom.

Now that the time of Israel's kingdom has been in abayance for nearly two thousand years, the prison epistles have the ministry to all nations, wherein we find the revelation of the mystery which was hid in God from ages and from generations but now is made manifest, that Christ is amoung the nations, not amoung Israel.

So during the Acts they had the shadow, but afterwards is the substance made known to the nations.

During the Acts the Israelite was in view, and great care was to be taken to not offend, to not prevent them from believing, but now that God is dealing with all nations on an individual level, all dogma is set aside, and we are called irrigardless of whether or not it offends Israel's tradition, dogma, or commandments.

The fact is, there was no 'the church' introduced during the Acts, because the Acts was the outworking of the Holy Spirit for the hope of Israel, and Israel did not look for a church, was not preached, a church, but afterwards, 'the church' is revealed, but never was 'the church' revealed during the Acts.

Col 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Col 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to complete the word of God;
Col 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ AMOUNG you, the hope of glory:

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These days all meat and dairy products are bad because of the growth hormones and they are so heavily given antibiotics as soon as they are born. It's suppose to keep them healthy and causes them to grow quicker for mass production. I for one am trying to eat much less meat since organic food is outrageously priced. Here it costs $11.00 for one organic whole chicken and for a student in a one income household right, we can't afford that. Paying for school is hard enough.

I prayed once and asked God what causes cancer and the reply I got was processed foods and the microwave, I would definitely stay away from them. I gave my microwave away after a friend of mine got a tumor in his head and wrist from standing next to the microwave and holding the door(which was closed lol) while his coffee heated. So to eat food that has been radiated doesn't sound like a good idea to me either.

It's very hard to eat right these days, but after seeing several people die of cancer and I still have a couple of friends that are now very ill from the disease, I want to me more careful. I won't even use non-stick pans or cooking spray anymore because they have a cancer causing chemical in them also.

Some people I know just rather not deal with it and don't listen to the advice, so it's up to each individual.

Personally, I have come to a point where I'm realizing that it's much better to follow God's original diet plan. I had shrimp last night in my brown rice but I don't think I will buy it again. Although I do love shell fish so it won't be easy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believes that he may eat all things; another, who is weak, eats herbs.

3 Let not him who eats despise him who eats not; and let not him who eats not judge him who eats: for God has received him.

5 One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He who regards the day, regards it unto the Lord; and he who regards not the day, to the Lord he does not regard it. He who eats, eats to the Lord for he gives God thanks; and he who eats not, to the Lord he eats not, and gives God thanks.

J4Jesus, it appears that as long as you give thanks, it no longer matters what you eat. You will still be "equally saved", in other words.

However, from a saturated fat and cholesterol standpoint, while the Lord in His mercy may overcome some of their bad effects, we probably still have a responsibility to "eat healthy" (if we want to live longer). We are still governed by "natural law".

Especially in the old days before "aqua-culture", fish without scales, for instance, like catfish or eel, are bottom-feeders where pollutants tend to collect.

And in the old days becore the quality of food was more controlled like it is now, pork had trichonosis which now perhaps is "radiated away", but back then it was a serious health concern.

Likewise, with the animals which were considered "unclean", like the hawk and owl and others, all were carrion-eaters which ate off dead carcasses which could contain diseases, and so on.

It is indeed interesting that the Bible from the beginning contained these "prohibitions against eating certain foods", and that the prohibited tended really to be dangerous as later shown by science, something that the LORD of Israel already knew long before "science" knew.

God bless, BORN AGAIN
"pork, the other white meat"

HisGrace
unregistered

Many people believe that if we follow the diet of the Bible, we will stay healthy.

Too much pork and shellfish isn't good for us, but we won't be sinning if we eat it moderately.

If we consume too much of these foods we could be damaging our bodies by not keeping our temples/bodies pure.

J4Jesus
unregistered

man.

there are many verses where The Lord tells the Israelites what to do and not do. He also gives them some of these instructions on what to eat and not eat.

One of these is Pork.

Some people think this rule still applies.

But i know i enjoy bacon and occasionaly Ham. And i'm sure ya'll do too.

Does it still apply?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement