Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » G_d and L_rd Christians

Author Topic: G_d and L_rd Christians
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
HisGrace

Vain also means empty,

I agree. There are several words they translated into the English word 'vain', this is why we must be cautious and stay close to Scripture, using the words God has used, looking up their other occurances to see what He is saying. We can then, and should, look up the other words which were also used, but translated the same, such as with 'vain'. They we can get a good picture of their differences, allowing us to rightly divide the word of truth.

By placing the words and contexts in the same places God has placed them assures we are leaning on Him.

quote:
1 Cor. 12:3 So I want you to know how to discern what is truly from God: No one speaking by the Spirit of God can curse Jesus, and no one is able to say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

~The above scripture means that someone who curses Jesus is truly not speaking and living by the Holy Spirit and by doing so, they are speaking in vain and are an imposter.

I think any Christian or otherwise can speak any sentence, whether it is true or not. And this is the difference here, Paul is speaking about someone having a spirit in them that speaks, that other spirits other than the Holy Spirit, that that spirit cannot place Christ Jesus in His rightful place. John says the same thing, saying they must definately be tested to see if the spirit will place Christ Jesus into His rightful place, the ascended and risen Lord, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of the Old Testament.

quote:
Bottom line if we do not use God's name to have meaning and reverance (in vain), it is cursed,profane and blasphemous.
I do understand many believe this to be what is written, that it must be written somewhere, but I was asking to search and see if a thing is written, trying to stay close to Scripture as I can, trying to glean a glimpse of God's understanding. And I do believe we are to be lifting Christ up for all to see, but using Scripture the same way God has given it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by epouraniois:
Do we just add our beliefs to the word of God and disregard God's understanding on any matter, ......

Sadly, Christians do just that all too often.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
To my knowledge, there are no verses stating that taking the name of God in vain would indicate that cursing is what is meant.

Vain also means empty, having no value; to no end
Curse means - profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
Profane means - grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred

1 Cor. 12:3 So I want you to know how to discern what is truly from God: No one speaking by the Spirit of God can curse Jesus, and no one is able to say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

~The above scripture means that someone who curses Jesus is truly not speaking and living by the Holy Spirit and by doing so, they are speaking in vain and are an imposter.

Job 2:99 Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

~To curse God, they would have to use His name. This wouldn't be in the spirit of worship, so it would be said in vain with no meaning.

Bottom line if we do not use God's name to have meaning and reverance (in vain), it is cursed,profane and blasphemous.

epouraniois
unregistered

Please reread the post HisGrace, because I quoted the verse, thou shalt not...in vain, and posted the strongs concordance for the word vain, H7723.

Let me speak plainy. I do not add to the word of God. If you don't have a verse stating that taking God's name in vain means cursing, then it is a man made tradition.

I then posted verses of how God has chosen to use the word 'vain' in expressing His understanding of what He means when He uses the word.

To my knowledge, there are no verses stating that taking the name of God in vain would indicate that cursing is what is meant.

On the other hand, there are an abundance of verses showing that God has used this term, 'in vain', in regards to lying about what He said, adding to His words, sacrificing their children to the Babylonian gods, and corrupting the Hebrew seedline.

So what are we to do then?

Do we just add our beliefs to the word of God and disregard God's understanding on any matter, or do we honor how God has used the words, showing one another the verses God has given, remembering that 'all Scripture is God Breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness' (2Ti 3:16 ).

If anyone has any verses showing God speaks of taking His Name in vain in connection with things other than what I have posted, such as cursing, please provide them so I can also search and see, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Thank you.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
I believe taking the name of God in vain is cursing, and is sin. BORN AGAIN

Could you please show me which Scriptures your belief is based upon?

Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

You always answer in such a roundabout way epr, that I am not sure if you are now agreeing that taking the Lord's God name in vain is profanity/cursing??

I don't know what H7723 is but the definition I found simply defines vain as -in an irreverent or blasphemous manner 'you shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain -- Deut 5:11 '

To take the Lord's name in vain would include using it in a explicit swear word with no reverance, like lashing out at someone in anger or annoyance, or just using it irrevantly in a non-spiritual conversation, the intent of which which wouldn't be to uphold the name of God. 'In vain' would be using empty words.

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
I believe taking the name of God in vain is cursing, and is sin. BORN AGAIN

Could you please show me which Scriptures your belief is based upon?

Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

vain
H7723
שׁו שׁואo
shâv' shav
shawv, shav
From the same as H7722 in the sense of desolating; evil (as destructive), literally (ruin) or morally (especially guile); figuratively idolatry (as false, subjectively), uselessness (as deceptive, objectively; also adverbially in vain): - false (-ly), lie, lying, vain, vanity.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Pro 30:7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
Pro 30:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Pro 30:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Lev 19:12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

And what is profaning the name of their God? It seems to include their seed and seedline too:

Lev 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

Lev 22:2 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, that they separate themselves from the holy things of the children of Israel, and that they profane not my holy name in those things which they hallow unto me: I am the LORD.
Lev 22:3 Say unto them, Whosoever he be of all your seed among your generations, that goeth unto the holy things, which the children of Israel hallow unto the LORD, having his uncleanness upon him, that soul shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.

And did they profain the name of God?

Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This is, of course, millinial.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epouraniois, over in Adopted Royals Bay Two, wrote:
quote:
I do not believe that taking the name of God in vain is cursing, although I prefer not to hear it.
I believe taking the name of God in vain is cursing, and is sin. But I discovered that a law of sin resides in my members which occasionally still curses the Name of God:

Romans 7
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.

But what actually is taking the name of God in vain, is it not "using the Name in a curse" rather than "using the Name in a blessing"?

God of Israel, bless us, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
epouraniois writes, "here is:
quote:
The super super super short version
now that's blasphemy [Big Grin] [happyhappy] [updown] [thumbsup2]
Most bulletin boards have a 20,000 word limitation or something near it. The full study is a much, much longer read.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

epouraniois writes, "here is:
quote:
The super super super short version
now that's blasphemy [Big Grin] [happyhappy] [updown] [thumbsup2]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister Carmela writes to BORN AGAIN
quote:
If God didn't want us to say God, wouldn't that have been made clear to us in the bible? Jesus never told the Apostles or others that they can't say God.
The English King James Version of the Bible never types G_d and never types L_rd.

And like you said, Carmela, Jesus would have made it clear that we are "not to say "God" if He wanted us to say G_d or L_rd.

I agree with, I think it was HisGrace, who said that it felt "legalistic", again, works of men. It feels like a Christian cult.

I agree with epouraniois who said that, in my paraphrase of him, that it would be irreverent at this point to just call him by His first name (although He does call us brother and friend) and He deserved all God and Lord has to offer.

It's almost like one more attempt by the Devil to steal something from God or the Lord.

Give me an "o"! No, to hell you will go!

(I do think that Christians who use G_d and L_rd are Christians, and I've met quite a few of them thus far on this CBBS. If they believe in the basics of salvation, they are Christians to me.

But they are somewhat like the Jewish Christians who came to Antioch.

Galatians 2
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

To me, that G_d and L_rd phenomenon is an attempt by the Devil to put us back under the law.

"we know, God is in control". BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
quote:
I do not believe that taking the name of God in vain is cursing

[Eek!] [Eek!]
Exodus 20:7 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Lets see if we can put this into modern day terms, note though, I quoted where God says they speak vain to His name, then quoted what that was He called speaking vain to His name;

If I am going to goto your bank, deposit some money and transfer some to the electric company for you, I will do it in your name. I will be the represenitive of you. I would come in the authority of your name. Now, if I come in the authority of your name and lie, that is taking your name in vain. I will have executed vanity on myself by taking your name under my authority and using it to deceive.

That is what the Lord is saying too, and He said it again in Mat24 very straightforwardly.

The moral of the story, we need add nothing, nor take anything away from that which is written, for the Lord's words are pure words, tried as in a furnace like silver, they are words of earth. They are tried seven times, and if you know anything about metalergy, you know that when heating silver, you must catch it at exactly the right tempature and the right moment to remove the dross. All dross has been removed in preparation for us to receive that good word. God's word can stand on its own, needs no help, warns us about changing the meanings of them.

What is written is purposed, and alot of it destroys what men teach. And if it does, then so much the better, for it is God's understanding we learn of in the Bible, and that as it should be.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! epouaniois, nothing is the short version with you! [type] Be blessed my brother.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
I do not believe that taking the name of God in vain is cursing

[Eek!] [Eek!]
Exodus 20:7 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

epouraniois
unregistered

Well said,

The super super super short version:

AND there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: Isaiah 11:1

And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; Isaiah 11: 2

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: Isaiah 11: 3

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. Isaiah 11: 4

And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. Isaiah 11: 5

God sent His own Hand or arm into the physical world to make a covenant. The "Spirit" which rested on Jesus was like a dove and not a man.

BEHOLD, the Lords hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: Isaiah 59:1

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey. And the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. Isaiah 59:15

And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. Isaiah 59:16

Paul noted that God "removed His Glory" and Isaiah notes that:

He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak. Isaiah 59:17

God would come to pour out wrath upon His enemies with His Spirit. This is the same image as the creative process, the Flood event and the Red Sea event:

According to what they have done, so will he repay wrath to his enemies and retribution to his foes; he will repay the islands their due. Isaiah 59:18

From the west, men will fear the name of the LORD, and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory. For he will come like a pent-up flood that the breath (SPIRIT) of the LORD drives along. Isaiah 59:19NIV

Or 'When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will put him to flight'

This flood is what comes out of the mouth of the "serpent" and it is false teaching. (Rev 12:15-16)

The ARM of God is the Redeemer or Intercessor who "changes clothes" from that of Glory to that of a human "wearing" righteousness and justice:

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. Isaiah 59:20
So we have God, the Spirit and the Redeemer but we do not have three "people."

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord;

My spirit that is upon thee, and

my words which I have put in thy mouth,

The Lord hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thine enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast laboured: Isaiah 62:8

Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation (Yesha) cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. Isaiah 62:11

shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seeds seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. Isaiah 59:21

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

God's "Arm" would pour out or expel His "breath" or spirit and the results would be "words."

God's Throne is His Covering of Majesty:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:7

The throne is not a chair but primarily a covering:

Kicce (h3678) kis-say'; kis-say'; from 3680; prop. covered, i. e. a throne (as canopied): - seat, stool, throne

Kacah (h3680) kaw-saw'; a prim. root; prop. to plump, i. e. fill up hollows; by impl. to cover (for clothing or secrecy): - clad self, close, clothe, conceal, cover (self), (flee to) hide, overwhelm. Comp. 3780.

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. Hab.2:14

What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Hab 2:18

Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it. Hab 2:19
But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. Hab 2:20

God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. [u]His glory covered[/u] the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise. Hab.3:3

Zechariah said of the Branch:

It is he who will build the temple of the LORD, and
he will be clothed with majesty and

1. will sit and rule on his throne. And he
2. will be a priest on his throne. And

there will be harmony between the two.' Zechariah 6:13

God emptied Himself or removed His Covering of Glory to live in the tabernacle of human flesh:

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. But in the Torah and thruout the Tenach, He is referred to as the Aleph, Tov or in the Greek Alhpa and Omega.

The jots and titls are all over this Aleph, Tov in the Tenach each time Yahweh is referred to or says of Himself that He is the Aleph, Tov. And for many years the scribes (and I believe to this day) did and do not see that the the jot/title in the Aleph/Tov in the Hebrew means His right Arm. They were/are blinded to who that right arm is.

And we know that Yahweh sent His right Arm, namely Yeshua. I cannot show you this on my computer, but it is very interesting that these jots/titles also represent Yeshua, and we know Yeshua is ALL the WORD. So when you said that Christ fills in all the vowels for us, it has always been there all along.

Yeshua is all over the Tenach.

I also agree with your teaching in Ezekiel. Ezekiel 34 also speaks of these irresponsible Shepherds.
Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

I do not believe that taking the name of God in vain is cursing, although I prefer not to hear it. I am purposely using the chapter which speaks against those who teach the fly away doctrine here. Taking the name in vain is just this:

Eze 13:2
Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;
Eze 13:3
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

I think we see this on TV ALL THE DAY LONG DAY,

Eze 13:6
They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
Eze 13:7
Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?
Eze 13:8
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

The immediate context of the whole of the chapter deals with liars teaching His children to fly to save their souls:

Eze 13:19
And will ye pollute me [My Name] among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
Eze 13:20
Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your [covering/lying] pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21
Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 13:22
Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Notice the people are in the arm of the teachers, not the Lord, and the teachers are using pillows and kerchiefs to cover the Lord's outstreched arms and headship. And what are the lies they are taking the Lord's name in vain thereby? They are teaching God's people they will fly away, promising them life.

Pretty direct don't you think?

The Lord's Name;

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Almighty means reigneth. In Hebrew, they add dots to the letters instead of vowel, and sometimes we can wonder if the scribes counted the dots correctly. So, what Christ does, is He comes along and fills in all the vowels for us. Omega is a long “o”, omica is a short “o” in the Greek. Micro, and macro. See it?

See how Christ is the mega, and also He is the beginning, not just IN the beginning but THE BEGINNING.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

So in Genesis we have the person Christ, not just a calendar going back to whenever, but whatever this word Elohim may mean, we can know that in Christ it is done:

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

'It is done' relates to the results; when He said 'It is finished', He was speaking of the redemptive and reconciliative work.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

BA and others, its not that they do not "say" God and Lord, its that they do not "write" God and Lord.

Personally, these are not the names of the Most High, but titles as we know there are many different gods and lords.

It maybe that it is written that way to distinquish which god and lord.

Many Jews verbally say the titles" God and Lord " when speaking of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob,or some just say "Ha Shem" meaning "The Name." They believe Gods name is so sacrad as not to say it.

My personal belief is what is written in scripture. In Proverbs 30:4 the question is asked, "What is His name and what is His Son's name, if you know?"

In Psalm 68:4 we have our answer: Sing to God, sing praises to His "Name"; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His Name Yah, and rejoice before Him.

My footnote (NKJV) states that "Yah is the short form of Yahweh, the covenant name of God".

I find this interesting in John 17, where Jesus prays for Himself, His diciples and for us;

verse 6; "I have "manifested" Your Name to the men whom You have given me out of the world.

verse 26: "And I have declared to them Your Name, and will declare it.....

Judah/Israel stopped using the name of Yahweh after their captivity because they said it was to sacrad to say, and was in fear of using it because of the commandment that says "You shall not take the "Name" Of The Lord Your God in vain". They even took it so far as to not even spell out the titles of God and Lord so they use G-d and L-rd. But remember, these are titles, not His Name.

He is called (titles) God, Lord, Immanuel, Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace) Father, Everlasting Father, Wonderful, counsler, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, ect...

My understanding of the names is Yah, or Yahweh means "God is Salvation" and Yeshua means God's Salvation" In other words God IS salvation and His salvation is made manifested in the flesh as Yeshua.

Example, Luke 2:30 in which Simeon at the temple says, "For my eyes have seen your Yeshua(salvation)....

The scripture says no man comes to the Father except thru Yeshua only. Here it is in the Hebrew: YHVH or Yahweh

The letter Y = Yod meaning "Let it Be"
The Letter H = Hey meaning "Breath or Spirit"
The letter V= Vav meaning " And it Is done"
The letter H= Hey meaning " Breath or Spirit"

If you take notice of the word Yod Hey Vav Hey, the first letter Yod is the first letter of the name Yeshua. (See the scripture, No man comes to the Father except thru Me(Yeshua)

And while Yeshua and Yahweh are connected by the Spirit of the Everlasting which is the "Hey"(Breath or Spirit),

Vav is the representation of Yahweh meaning "And it is done" absolute.

The final Hey in YHVH, represents the the Breath or Spirit again which is Everlasting which never returns void.

My husband was searching for the meaning of Gods name. After a long fruitless search, He asked the Father for guidance.

The Spirit opened up his eyes to some facts about the Hebrew language.

Sometimes one hebrew letter represents a phrase or meaning in hebrew. My husband looked up the letter Yod and found that the letter represents the phrase "Let it be".

The letter Vav meant "And it is done".

At this point my husband began to realize a communication between Yeshua and Yahweh. Yeshua would request as our mediator to "Let it be" and the Father would grant "It is done".

At this point my husband wondered what both the "Heys" represented. And it was revealed to him that "Hey" represents spirit or breath (comminication). Also, Vav is between the 2 Heys meaning that the Father Yahweh is Spirit(or is Spirit,the invisible One).

Yeshua is our Yod(mediator)
Who sent the Hey(The spirit/comforter)
So that whatever we ask of Yahweh,(VAV) thru Yeshua((It is done, it is finished)
Is considered and the answer is communicated back thru the Hey(spirit, breath)

Yahweh is Spirit, we worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. And what is Truth? Yeshua is Truth.
Yeshua is the manifestation, the spoken word of Yahweh, the mediator between Yah and man.

Shalom Shalom

epouraniois
unregistered

This comes from the traditions of the elders, that they beleived the name of God to be too holy to say or write, which is a falicy, for this is written that we may know Him. He didn't give us His great Name and tell us not to write it or speak it.

In fact, it is because they do not and did not, save for a remnant, call upon the name of the Lord:

Joe 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

The Bible doesn't restrict men from calling upon His Name, in fact, it tells us just the opposite:

Act 4:10
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11
This is the stone which was set at naught of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Exo 3:15
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

1Ki 18:24
And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

1Ch 16:8
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

Psa 99:6
Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.

Psa 116:13
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Isa 12:4
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

Isa 48:2
For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name.

And not until they can manage to drop the traditions of men and call upon His name will the Lord again be a God to that nation:

Zep 3:9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Zec 13:9
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking a little more on this. I also looked at some scriptures. Here, I will show you what I found.

Matt 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(KJV)

Matt 7:22
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(KJV)

Matt 25:11
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
(KJV)

Luke 6:46
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
(KJV)

Luke 13:25
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
(KJV)

Jesus mentioned people saying Lord Lord, but not once did He correct them and say it isn't ok for them to say that word because they are too sinful.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH thanks BA. I wondered why I kept seeing that written.

If God didn't want us to say God, wouldn't that have been made clear to us in the bible? Jesus never told the Apostles or others that they can't say God. I think He would have because every word in the bible was chosen by God and for us. The only reference we have is not to use the name of the Lord in vain. When people said Lord, Lord, wouldn't that have been immediately corrected? I think they would have been so I don't see anything wrong with saying Lord or God. To me, that seems like something the religious leaders would have taught, along with their other false doctrines.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I personally don't follow the Messianic teachings, and think it is being too legalistic by following the old covenant, but if that is their conviction, it is ok with me.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

There is a certain group of adopted sons and daughters among Christians who apparently think that is, what, "irreverent" or "we're too sinful to mention the holy name" God and the holy name Lord.

What am I to think of the G_d and L_rd Christians? [Smile]

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement