Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Holy Spirit – Convincer of Sin

Author Topic: The Holy Spirit – Convincer of Sin
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Holy Spirit – Convincer of Sin.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him (emphatic) unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove (convict) the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

If there is one thing that is going to convict a person, it is just this. That they do not believe what God has said. It's obvious isn't it? If anyone is going to have any close relationship to another, you must have belief or trust. If you tell someone, I'm sorry I can't trust them, well, you can't have any close dealings with them – it's just as simple as that.

Surely this is straight, that God says, if you are coming into any close relationship with 'Me', then you must trust 'Me', you must believe 'Me'. And those who do not believe, they automatically cut themselves off, from life, from blessing, they are found in shame as Daniel puts it, resurrected unto age-long shame.

They cannot earn life and blessings, if they tried from the day they are born to the day they die, 70 or 80 years or longer, they cannot earn it. But. They can believe. Or they can do the opposite. They can refuse to believe. As Paul said to the jailer in Act 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved”.

And we know, because Scripture tells us it is so, that there is only One Lord. Obviously Paul was telling this man something he could do. What a mockery if Paul was telling this man something he could not do. The Philippian jailer could believe, so Paul is saying, well, do it.

So, for the purpose of this thread, the Holy Spirit's work is to convict the world first of sin. And this particular sin is that they don't believe God and they don't believe Christ. I believe there is very little of this personal conviction going on today. I know myself, that I have felt a great burden upon my awareness that I am convicted of sin. I have been a sinner, actively fighting for my right to sin, up until becoming aware of the truth, that God was manifest in the flesh, and resurrected to His ascension, that every word He has given is true and for the edification to conviction and praise for the work that was finished by His great Love, and in His stooping down to bring us with Him. Like, on the day of Pentecost, they were pricked in their hearts and convicted, asking what must I do, what must I do to be saved.

It seems to me, that there is very little of this today, and perhaps why there is so very little people receiving the whole of the gospel today. It seems that man has been hardened, that the things of this old world have entered the buildings, praying for the things of this world and so forth. To me, this is not the mark of conviction. Praying for what the Lord can do for us is exactly backwards.

Paul gives us the acceptable words:

“Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?”
Act 9:5

Paul was found in conviction of his sin.

And there are teachings out there which tell us you can lose salvation, but that is against Scripture, because to them which are in Christ Jesus, there is no condemnation. Whether you read it in John's gospel, or in Romans, it is equally true. It is impossible for anyone who has been saved and taken out of condemnation, to fall into condemnation again. Some people do not yet have these things straightened out. I didn't say they that it is impossible for those who are saved not to sin. It is possible, in which case, as Paul said, they are walking in the flesh, they are walking after the old sinful nature. And it is this nature which falls from the grace principle, but the principle is still there. Grace is the only way in which anyone can be saved. No condemnation for them that are in Christ Jesus - Rom 8:1, Rom 4:7, Rom 4:8, Rom 5:1, Rom 7:20; Isa 54:17; Joh 3:18, Joh 5:24, Joh 14:20, Joh 15:4; 1Co 1:30, 1Co 15:22; 2Co 5:17; Phi 3:9; Tit 2:11-14.

Fancy what is going on in the world today, fancy church leader standing up there and saying they aren't sure if there was a resurrection, or that Christ even died. Just forget about doctrine and we'll all just stand together as one and give a great group hug.

Well, that is just more of the same, the antichrist is alive and well today, telling those dear children of God that they have the power in themselves to lose the Salvation of God and then take it up again. It's simply not true.

Let us stick to that which is safe, standing firm on what is written in the Whole Word of Truth, not taking out of it just one part here or there to try to prove the Bible does not mean what it says. Surely, God does mean what He says, and is perfectly capable of using the correct words, but we do have to search them out to see what is true and what is tradition.

Eph 4:30
And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement