Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the God of Israel is trying to reach the earth

Author Topic: the God of Israel is trying to reach the earth
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a longtime friend who is not a Christian but lately he has started to read New Age books about The Christ, which is basically the same as The Buddha experience.

He thinks that men had a "need to worship" and so "man invented God".

I said, "no, the God of Israel is the Creator of heaven and earth who is trying to reach the earth, as witness the birth of the nation of Israel by one man, Abraham; look, Israel is with us today and is in that land".

Man did not invent God; God is trying to make Himself known to man.

In the end of our fun conversation I had an opportunity to tell him, "But I tell you, I am going with the LORD God of Israel, I think He is going to win".

"O-o-o, win, I see," he said, and I said, "yes, win, like coming back to earth and taking over the earth and ruling over the nations with a rod of iron from Jerualem".

He still thinks is is "fairy tales" but I asked him when was the last time he had read the Bible and he mentions an incident of looking momentarily into it, but the truth is, he has read these New Age accounts of The Christ, but I am inviting him to read the account of the real Jesus Christ whose life was almost miraculously recorded by the tribe of Israel. "Read that!," I said. [Big Grin]

A virgin shall bear a child, and his name shall be The Mighty God. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement