Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Proverbs 16, what an amazing proverb this is

Author Topic: Proverbs 16, what an amazing proverb this is
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Davar is a good Hebrew dictionary and learning tool:
http://www.faithofgod.net/davar/davar.htm

for free Hebrew fonts:
http://www.aarweb.org/fonts/default.asp

Online Resources For Bible Scholars: http://www.ultimasurf.net/bible/bible-scholar-resources.html

Interlinear Scripture Analyzer
http://www.scripture4all.org/ISA/index.htm

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother YeshuaslaveJeff[/b], who were you referring to when you wrote:
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:[quote]Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Proverbs 16
1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

quote:
HisGrace wrote back:

My favourite verse. We have to daily allow the Holy Spirit to prepare our hearts and yield our tongues to words only directed by Him. What a great proverb!!

Yeshuaslavejeff wrote
quote:
Is it inadvertent or why do you change the verse?
Brother, thank you first of all to that www.scripturetext.com site, I've only seen that one page so far but that looks like I could learn some Hebrew from that. God Elohim bless you for that.

Yeshuahslavejeff, as for your question, "Is it inadvertent or why do you change the verse?" were you referring to HisGrace or to BORN AGAIN with that phrase of yours?

"Is it inadvertent or why do you change the verse?" Who or what were you referring to, brother?

Thank you. BORN AGAIN by the blood of Jesus of Nazareth which He spilled on the cross from the Japhetic Roman spear

epouraniois
unregistered

In most instances, we should read the answer already given in the Word.

1. In all thy ways acknowledge Him.
2. And He shall direct thy paths.

Taking the case of the apostle Paul and those with him in Acts 16:6-10. After they had preached the word in Phrygia and Galatia, we find they were forbidden to preach the word in Asia. Here is a negative leading; they were not told where they were to preach, but were simply forbidden to preach in that one spot. They arrived on their journey at Mysia, and they wondered whether it was the Lord's will for them to evangelize Bithynia; 'but the Spirit suffered them not'. Here again was a negative answer, there was no other course open apparently than to go straight on, so:

Passing by Mysia they came down to Troas, and a vision appeared unto Paul in the night ... immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

Here, at last, the positive. And just as there are 99 chances to 1 that we shall adopt the wrong way first, so it is highly probable that we shall attempt to preach in our Asia, or assay to go into our Bithynia instead of going straight from our Galatia to Troas and Macedonia.

Our prayers are answered when the Spirit forbids or suffers us not, just as surely as when He gives the vision and the assurance of the call.

We may with certainty tread, when the positive answer is given: 'immediately we endeavoured', 'assuredly gathering', 'we came with a straight course', and we find the one 'whose heart the Lord opened', (Acts 16:6-15). It is helpful in this connection to remember the Septuagint rendering of Proverbs 3:6:

In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall RIGHTLY DIVIDE thy paths.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeshuaslavejeff,

HisGrace was simply saying that by the leading and guiding and yeilding to that guiding of the Ruach (Holy Spirit)which only speaks Yah's words can the heart be prepared to speak that which He would have us to speak.

She was not changing Yahs name to anything. Do you believe in the Ruach of YHVH?

She said that we need to let the Ruach prepare our hearts and yeild our tongue to words only directed by HIM(Him-meaning YHVH) Understand?Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by yeshuaslavejeff:
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Proverbs 16
1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

My favourite verse. We have to daily allow the Holy Spirit to prepare our hearts and yield our tongues to words only directed by Him. What a great proverb!!
[Confused] [Confused] This is how the scripture spoke to me.
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
quote:
Proverbs 16

According to :
http://scripturetext.com/proverbs/16-1.htm
"is from the L_rd" is:
++is from the LORD
++Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
++(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish ++national name of God -- Jehovah, the Lord.

the believing Jews and Scripture they love never change the L_rd, or Yhwh, or Yhovah, or Adonai, or Elohim or Master or Yeshua or other Names of G_d
to 'holy spirit'.

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I love this one:

Proverbs 16
9 A man's heart devises his way: but the LORD directs his steps.

Oh oh, no matter way a man devises in his heart, the LORD will direct his steps to anyway to where the LORD wants that person to go.

And this one:

Proverbs 16
3 Commit your works unto the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established.

Hello, okay Lord, I admit that my works are as filthy rags to you, help me in my works and so my thoughts shall be established. A good word.

And this one I love:

Proverbs 16
6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Not by my mercy and truth, but by the mercy and truth of the Lord God Yahshua-Jesus is my iniquity purged, and by the actual fear of the LORD and of the Lord I have departed from evil, because....

Proverbs 16
7 When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Now that is worth turning from evil for and doing that which always pleases the LORD and the Lord God Yahshua-Jesus (Isaiah 9:6) [Bible]

Great words, Proverbs 16

BORN AGAIN by the shed blood of the Lord God Yahshua-Jesus of Nazareth on the cross outside the camp of Jerusalem.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Proverbs 16

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 16, what an amazing proverb this is.

Proverbs 16

2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weighs the spirits.

3 Commit your works unto the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established.

4 The LORD has made all things for Himself: yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.

5 Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.

9 A man's heart devises his way: but the LORD directs his steps.

read the rest of it in your Bible if you want...the above is already filled with many potentially life-changing thoughts.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement