Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Advanced Members. Hmmm, who would have thought?

Author Topic: Advanced Members. Hmmm, who would have thought?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Adv.Christian

So once again I agree God is a dispensationalist however to go from this to the stance that God has different expectations of His children bases solely on their ancestral heritage is a rather far

Is is really based upon heritage?

Eph 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:6
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

If God has said, and He has, that He will have a resurrected earthly people, then that will be so. And if God has said, and He has, that there will be an inheritance into New Jersualem, then that will be the case.

Likewise, if God has said, and He has, that He will have an heavenly family above the heavens of heavens to be with Him there, shall this not be so?

Throughout Scripture we find that God had chosen a people, symbolized by 12 rivers watering 70 palm trees. These seventy palm trees symbolize the seventy nations of the earth. They can be counted in the liniage of Shem, Japeth, and Ham in Genesis 10. Abraham's promise made his children the seventy first nation, being named Israel.

Unlike all earthly chosings, we are made aware that God had a chosing before the foundation of the world. This chosing is the one called the church. While there were churches on earth, they are not 'the church'. All other churches looked for a kingdom with heavenly attributes, but positionally located on earth. Only the church of the mystery body have the high calling of the heavenly chosing.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother Terral, thanks for your interesting responses. To clarify one thing you wrote
quote:
Heh . . . Christian tapes? What makes you believe that the interpretations of those authors would withstand the scrutiny of our arguments any better than your own?
I was referring to Bible tapes of the Bible text itself, not to someone's interpretative tapes thereof. [thumbsup2]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Dispensation
a.The act of dispensing.
b.Something dispensed.
c.A specific arrangement or system by which something is dispensed.
d.An exemption or release from an obligation or rule, granted by or as if by an authority
e.The document containing this exemption.
f.The divine ordering of worldly affairs.
g.A religious system or code of commands considered to have been divinely revealed or appointed. .

Forgive me for my ignorance however I fail to see why or to understand why there is such am attempt to endow God with a characteristic He would not have.
Please tell me which one of the characteristics of dispensation supports the separation of Paul’s teachings from the rest. As to the attributes of God I agree, God most assuredly is a dispensationalist. Let us look
Dose God Dispense grace, judgment, love, and all things good? Yes
Dose God establish a system by which man may come to the throne of God? Yes
Dose He supply a salvation from the condemnation of the law? Yes
Has there been a given written Word to explain the gift of grace? Yes
Dose God have total control over all worldly affairs? Yes
Is all scripture of Divine order? Yes
So once again I agree God is a dispensationalist however to go from this to the stance that God has different expectations of His children bases solely on their ancestral heritage is a rather far (and in my limited understanding dangerous) belief. There is but One God in Three Heads (Trinity) and He is the same today, tomorrow and forever. While I agree God reveals His perfect plan for man as He sees it should be revealed (see a,b,c above) this in no way shows God having a bias concerning His children. The Biblical truth as I understand it is to God there are but 2 kinds of people , His children and those which are lost. Our best action is to attempt to carry out the great commission, go forth and spread God’s great news, and introduce God back into this world.
As always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
quote:
Originally posted by epouraniois:
pretty funny.

I have to admit epr, you have been really good-natured about all of the ribbing we have given you.

May God richly reward you. [thumbsup2]

nay, not a problem, as I am well aware that there are many deceivers, but few attaining, therefore it is to be expected that these things must be scrutinized, as they should be checked against the measure of cannon, the rule of truth.

We live at a time when the teachers themselves are not yet weaned, and there they cannot give strong meat, so they prop themselves up with the glamour to disguise the droning of the foundational things that babies put aside in faovour of strong meat. It is a terrible thing to see a child who does not grow up. And these are as the pharisees, withholding the truth from those who seek, and not going in themselves.

We are so warned all about these things, and so should expect an abundance of it. A further word on doctrine, and our need for understanding the meaning of words:-

The Greek word rendered Dispensation is oikonomia, and refers to the act of administering. By the Figure Metonymy, the act of administering is transferred to the time during which that administering is carried on.

Our English word "Dispensation" comes from the Latin: dis (apart), and pendere (to weigh): a weighing out. We still use the word in this particular sense in connection with medicine which is dispensed, i.e., weighed or measured out: the place where it is done being called "a Dispensary."

The Church of Rome uses it of the giving out of privileges called "indulgencies"; but as these are generally privileges to do without certain things, or to do certain things without incurring the penalties or penances, the word comes to have the sense of "doing without" or "dispensing with."

The Greek word Oikonomia is transliterated in our English word Economy; and we still preserve its original meaning when we speak of Political, Domestic or Social Economy, etc. This was its meaning at the date of our AV 1611, and it was used in the sense of administration. But, like many other words it degenerated by its usage; and, as such administration was carried out rather with the view to saving than spending, so Economy came to mean frugality or thrift.

But the meaning of the Greek in the New Testament is not affected by these modern changes.

It is always Administration.

In Isaiah 22:21 it is rendered "government," and in verse 19 it is rendered "station" (RV "office").

In the New Testament it is a question whether the word is used in any other sense than that of administration. It is either the ACT of administering or of the TIME during which such act of administration is carried out.

The word occurs in Luke 16:2, 3, 4, where it is rendered "stewardship."

In four other places it is rendered "dispensation."

God is a dispensationalist.

epouraniois
unregistered

Yes, I too wish you well in your studies BORN AGAIN, as helpforhomeschoolers well warns, be careful of those who study, for not all worship the same God we do. They have a degree from a school and get a job and to it. But some actually study the doctrine of God who believe, and it is only to these that can really be given discerment to.

Keep in mind too, that no one would expect the doctor to not know what the books atcually say, or the pilot not knowing what the instructions mean, and that as Christians likewise, it would be unreasonable that a Christian practice the doctrine with only a cursory amount of preperation.

Christ said, concerning doctrine:=

Joh 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Now this being common idiomatic speach of the day, we can miss the point in English. The Lord Jesus is saying here, that until you find sustanance in my words like you do with your food, I am not alive in you. You need to fill yourself up with 'my' word the same as you do with your food. You should drink in the fatness of the word, for in them you have life.

"Hear, O heavens, and
Give ear, O earth,
For Jehovah hath spoken."

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

There are some basic principles to follow when studying Scripture, some present the first cause of action. The One Great Requirement of the Word:—"Rightly Dividing" It.

There are whole departments of Truth which belong exclusively to one or other of these Dispensations, and not to the rest.

If we take a truth which belongs to one Dispensation and interpret it of another it will lead not only to confusion in the mind, to discordance in the Word, and uncertainty as to the truth; but it will lead to disaster in the life. For, if the Word be not understood, there will be no enjoyment in the study of it; consequently, the reading of it will be neglected, and we shall cease to feed upon it; our spiritual strength will grow weak and we shall be unfit for God's service, beside being a misery to ourselves.

Not only, therefore, must we rightly divide the Word of truth as to its Times and Dispensations, but as to its Truth and Teaching also: we must learn to appropriate each truth to the particular Dispensation to which it belongs.

Unless we do this we shall not "grow in knowledge": for we are to increase in knowledge as well as in "grace" (2 Peter 3:18).

We must not take Truth belonging to ONE PART of a PAST Dispensation and read it into ANOTHER PART of the PAST.

We must not take Truth belonging to a PAST Dispensation and interpret it of the PRESENT.

The PRESENT not to be read into the PAST.

The FUTURE not to be read into the PRESENT.

And last but now least, the Truth and Teaching of the CANONICAL Order is to be distinguished from the CHRONOLOGICAL and Historical Order.

for example of cannonical vs. chronological, Stephen (AD 33) sees the Lord Jesus still standing (Acts 7:55), for He had not yet "sat down" at the right hand of God (Heb 10:12, AD 68).

Isaiah 6 had been twice quoted by Christ as not yet fulfilled, Matthew 13:15 (Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10) and John 12:40.

Not until Acts 28:25, 26, was Paul commissioned to pronounce this threatened judicial blindness, for the third, and last time.

God hath spoken, "at sundry times," as well as "in divers manners" (Heb 1:1).

And, if we are to understand what He has spoken, we must learn to distinguish, not only the various peoples whom He has spoken, but the "sundry times" at which He has spoken to them, and also the "divers manners."

It is true that the word polumerwV (polumeros) means strictly, in many parts, or portions. But it is equally true that these parts were spoken at different, or "sundry times".

The "time" when God spoke "to the fathers" is manifestly set in contrast with the time in which He hath "spoken unto us." The "time" in which "He spake by the prophets" stands in contrast with the time in which "He spake by His Son." And the "time past" is obviously distinguished from "these last days" (Heb 1:1).

So that Times and Dispensations are inseparable from the Divine Word; not only the Times in which the Words were spoken, but the Times of which they were spoken, and to which they refer.

These different times are called Dispensations.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by epouraniois:
pretty funny.

I have to admit epr, you have been really good-natured about all of the ribbing we have given you.

May God richly reward you. [thumbsup2]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On another board that has a majority of people who are Pauline Dispensationalists I found it difficult to keep up with the postings because they have an article or position paper on everything that was already prepared by some great theologian and all they had to do was cut and paste. If one is like you BA that seeks the WORD of God from God's mouth through the scriptures and not the volumes of scholarly works that have come out of the seminary then you can feel a little overwhelmed.

I want to encourage you BA, because when Christ chose the apostles he did not choose the Scholarly among the people, infact, he had must chastisement for the scribes and the Pharisee. He chose simple men... fishermen, tax collectors, and tent makers. Christ chose the less scholarly who still had the upbringing in the oracles of God... they knew the history and the Law and the prophets, but they were not students of the Talmud or the rabbinical teachings; they were not scholarly. Only Paul had studied under Gamaliel. He chose men who sought God.

I just do not find that the scriptures show that God has been to impressed throughout histoty with those who sought to be doctrinal scholars, but that God was interested in men who were willing to seek HIM at all costs.

BA, I know you to be one of these...so dont worry about your typing skills or your ability keep up with the postings of those who wish to appear scholarly superior.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

pretty funny.

If you really want to advance your knowledge, rather your acknowledgment to Christ, open up your eyes to the understanding of the Lord, take this as a suggetion with merrit, listen to the chapel of the open book audio selection, and learn some Greek thereby. I recomend beginning with Epheisians, being that it is the first epistle written after teh announcement that the Salvation of God is sent to the nations, and being that we are the nations:-

enjoy, now you are there!!!

http://www.bibleunderstanding.com/allen1.htm

http://www.charleswelch.net/audios.htm

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen the phrase Advanced Member under my Avatar and under the Avatars of many other members, but it now appears that we truly have two Advanced Members among us.

I am referring to brother epouraniois and brother Terral.

I think in one of his recent posts, brother Terral said that he was a bricklayer, and I think he mentioned that his theology had developed for him over three decades??, through study and personal revelation, was it?

And both of these men are astounding typists. epouraniois once gave me his type rate, and I was astounded at the rate. It seemed superhuman.

I mean these Christian cats make me feel stupid {I've begun to listen to my Christian Bible tapes again to try to catch up), HisGrace has deigned to call herself a pea brain next to these two amazing brothers.

Notwithstanding what their theology may be (hey, if you can understand their theology at all or understand most of it, I take my wparr hat off to you), but their theology notwithstanding, how did these two Christian brothers get to be so bright?

How can two human beings who apparently are bornagain Christians have learned so much and be such phenomenal typists? That's what amazes me about these two.

Advanced Members. Hmmm, who would have thought?

May the Lord GOD of Israel bless all who participate on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem of Judah, as Michah 5:2 said.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement