Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Mouth Power

Author Topic: Mouth Power
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mouth Power

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, ... fire... proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them." Revelation 11:3-12

The coming two witnesses will have mouth power!

Many Christians conclude that the two witnesses will be Elijah and Moses. The "power" that they exhibited seems the same as what the witnesses will demonstrate. Just to clear the air before we suggest alternative possibilities, let's agree that God can give any kind of power to any living entity when, where, and how He desires. Before you start jumping to premature conclusions, even though I claim to be Elijah incarnate, I have never claimed to be one of the two witnesses.

When people expect to see "fire" shooting out of the mouth of the witnesses, it conjures up all kinds of false images. Their "mouth power" will come in the form of Holy Words from God -- just like it once did for Jeremiah.

"Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth ...fire..., and this people ...wood..., and it shall devour them." Jeremiah 5:14

The same Greek word that means "witnesses" also means "martyrs." Since Moses has already died, how could he be one of the witnesses? "...And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died..." Deuteronomy 34:7

Even though "spirits" are eternal, people only die once! "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." Hebrews 9:27. So, when the "beast" comes to kill the two witnesses, one of them will not be Moses.

As we know, "...Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven...," 2 Kings 2:11, and since flesh and blood do not enter Heaven, we can assume that he was transformed by God. "...flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;.." 1 Corinthians 15:50. So, it is doubtful that we will be seeing Elijah the Tishbite from Gilead down here on this planet in the near future.

Since Moses represents and symbolizes the "law," and Elijah represents and symbolizes the "prophets," then we must wonder how the following scripture applies to them:

"Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth." Zechariah 4:11-14

Maybe we should consider that the Light made available to guide us is the Word of God. And we can consider that the witnesses will be "candlesticks" from which the Word shines. They will be like lamps filled with "golden oil" that supports flames of Truth. The oil of the Holy Spirit will flow from the Source to the witnesses who will give this world the inspired Words that will literally destroy satanic people and the systems they have created.

Many references can be found in both the Old Testament and the New to confirm the logic of this revelation. God has always revealed His Truth through two channels -- and that, again, might explain the reason for the two witnesses.

"But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of ...two... or three witnesses every word may be established." Matthew 18:16

"Mouth power" is like "fire" that will burn away deception, burn away false religious doctrines, and torment the enemies of God when the witnesses come!

"Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth." Revelation 2:16

"And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of ...two... men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." John 8:16-18

"Where they crucified him, and ...two... other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst." John 19:18

"And seeth ...two... angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain." John 20:12

"And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, ...two... men stood by them in white apparel..." Acts 1:10

Would these "...two..." men be credible witnesses?

Music City Revival

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement