Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Ezekiel 36:26-27...???

Author Topic: Ezekiel 36:26-27...???
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, sister Pleasemaranatha, that was nice.

As I mentioned in my post above, "if we trust in our own righteousness", God will judge is in our own righteousness.

But if we trust in Jesus's righteousness, we may be having our problems giving up this or that, but for those who trust in Jesus's righteousness, there will be 100% forgiveness, Amen, because why?

because Jesus has suffered so much already, in our place. Therefore God can and will do this.

May the LORD God of Israel bless us extra good this coming year, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, my youngest daughter just told me a story of how God used her 2 days ago. I believe it ties in with this subject.

She and her husband were at a bar. Her husband is a young christian not a mature perfect Holy man like many of you. He wanted a beer and she was the designated driver. At the bar there was an old man drinking a beer next to Heidi's husband and they all began to talk.

After a little while the man said he USED to be a christian, but couldn't or didn't want to stop drinking or smoking so he isn't a christian anymore. The Holy Spirit talked through Heidi and told him that HE God loves him. He said just where he is in this life he loves him. None of us are perfect in God's eyes and are all struggling with one sin or another and that is why we need God to save us. The old man stared and listened to everything Heidi repeated from the Holy Spirit. Others in the bar leaned forward to add their opinions as well.

When they left she felt grateful for God telling them all of HIS LOVE AND FORGIVENESS.

Doctrine, man made rules, regulations, judging, critisism, lies from satan make some people give up their faith. I think God is still reaching out to the lost daily if we let him. He hates sin yes, but understands we all grow at different
rates or speeds to maturity.

God's mercy and grace is awesome. Here in a bar He reached out to everyone who had an ear....because He is a God of Love. That is the God we serve. Glory to Him in the highest.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience you should focus on the path around the sin. If you focus on trying to avoid the sin itself it will beat you.

Think of yourself already living without the sin hanging over you. Not as someone who is still under sin and trying not to give in to temptation.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
This is for those who know that God does the whole Predestination thing:

What I mean about seeking approval is this:
if you are asking something from "those who know..
the whole predestination thing"
does that mean you only want the thoughts from
those who agree with you on something?
Some groups, I don't know anything about this bb, have
very harmful ideas about predestination and end
up actually ignoring G_d's Instructions because
of listening to those they're comfortable with
instead of seeking the truth from the Creator.
for examples google the heresy of calvinism.

next thought,
I think Yeshua gave several examples of people who
are lost; the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation reveal hugely the difference between those who live righteous[by faith] and those who
don't. The purpose, or my purpose, is not to
point a finger 'nah-d-na-d-na your lost!' but
rather proclaim Yeshua's Message, Yhwh's Plan -
He is Here! The Messiah has Arrived! Listen to Him! for the broken and lost and miserable and
lonely who Yeshua came to heal. so those under judgment may be redeemed; so those deceived by the/a lie may be set free.
RE so those caught in habitual sin may find the
way -Yeshua!- to be restored.

so I just now re-read the first post -
"If a Christian who's in some habitual sin Knows THAT, then What is that person to do? If they have already TRIED to "Give It Up" and can't, should they just WAIT until God is ready to Help them out? "
what does Scripture say?
The personal answer comes straight from Yeshua -
let Him tell you, always in line with all of
Scripture.
The general answer is many, who knows for you?
The specific answer is: "the way to life is
narrow(painful and agonizing, not easy) and few
are there who find it" and the repentance from
sin may take years or a moment, may be repetitive
or once for all. Stop sinning, 7 times 70, and
turn back to Yhwh, and He Himself will heal you,
again and again and again - Yhwh knows the vessel
we have, how corrupt and degenerate and weak we
are in the flesh; Yeshua's testimony is that He
will forgive you, cover your sin many many times,
up to a point(read Hebrews). If you just want to keep on sinning, He won't hear you, nor answer your prayers, nor save you from sin or from satan or from the lake of fire. Yhwh will never break
or violate your free will.
But if you want/chose to
turn to G_d to do what is right, He will help you
and He will never never never forsake you - HIS PROMISE!

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

yeshuaslavejeff, we have to understand that J4J is a teenager, facing the myriad of temptations that bombard young people these days. Adults are having a hard enough time standing up against the temptations at every turn, but we can't imagine the battles facing teenagers.

When people post on these messages boards we have no idea what they are going through. I understand that he is the only believer in his family, and the dynamics among them must be overwhelming for him sometimes.

I don't think we should coddle J4J, but we should listen and guide him gently, but firmly. I would never tell him that he is lost.

J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yeshuaslavejeff:
quote:
Ezekiel 36:26-27
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
If a Christian who's in some habitual sin Knows THAT, then What is that person to do? If they have already TRIED to "Give It Up" and can't, should they just WAIT until God is ready to Help them out?
Thanks.

hmmm, Yeshua said to his disciples and listeners "you're not here to be popular. if you seek man's acceptance, you're lost. you're here to seek truth." Just as Yhwh's Word says today "whoever
trusts man is cursed."

so, is your sin that of seeking approval from
people who agree with you? if you keep seeking
approval, or advice, from people who agree with
you, then you're lost
But,
if you seek truth at
all cost,
if you love truth,
then and only then
Yeshua has a promise for you in the Gospels:
"My Father will teach you."

Howdy. Hey i don't know where you got the Idea that i was "Looking for Approval". I don't understand what you're trying to say.
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
If a Christian who's in some habitual sin Knows THAT, then What is that person to do? If they have already TRIED to "Give It Up" and can't, should they just WAIT until God is ready to Help them out?
Thanks.

hmmm, Yeshua said to his disciples and listeners "you're not here to be popular. if you seek man's acceptance, you're lost. you're here to seek truth." Just as Yhwh's Word says today "whoever
trusts man is cursed."

so, is your sin that of seeking approval from
people who agree with you? if you keep seeking
approval, or advice, from people who agree with
you, then you're lost
But,
if you seek truth at
all cost,
if you love truth,
then and only then
Yeshua has a promise for you in the Gospels:
"My Father will teach you."

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
If a Christian who's in some habitual sin Knows THAT, then What is that person to do? If they have already TRIED to "Give It Up" and can't, should they just WAIT until God is ready to Help them out? Thanks.

Even if you don't feel like it J4J, in everything give praise and glory to your Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sin may look very attractive, but if you are a new creature in Christ, it also is very unsettling and disturbing. You don't have peace. If you set your eyes on Jesus and the Cross, the Holy Spirit will take control and the demons will flee.This is an ongoing process for every Christian. Just because you feel tempted, it doesn't mean that you have lost your salvation.

You seem to think that you are in this battle all by yourself. Give it to God and tell him that you are powerless and He will take control.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

J4Jesus, I was looking through the chapters of Ezekiel preceding Ezekiel 36 and in Ezekiel 33 it said this:

12 Therefore, son of man, say to the children of your people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turns from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sins.

13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trusts to his own righteousness and commits iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he has committed, he shall die for it.

The phrase in v.13, if he trusts in his own righteousness occurs when a person still thinks that his own righteousness still has some merit and value with God, when in fact our own righteousness is as filthy rags to God that He does not bother repairing.

Also note that he who continues to trust in his own righteousness, if that "sins", "he shall be judged by his sins" because “he trusts in his own righteousness.”

The key thus is to “trust only in Jesus’s righteousness”, in the “exchanged righteousness”, that which is and will be given freely to all who ask God to exchange Jesus’s righteousness, for our own filthy righteousness.

The key is knowing that our righteousness if beyond repair and that trying to repair our righteousness is a losing battle. At this point, we are the mess God found us in, but it is going better now with this mess now that this mess is allowed to listen to the counsel of the Holy Spirit which is part of the “exchanged life” package.

Read Watchman Nee, [The Normal Christian Life, in paperback in your neighborhood Christian bookstore, about US$10. This little book made me sufficiently dead to be able to rest in God without trying to help Him.

"Lord I acknowledge my sins and see that I am a hopeless sinner and I ask you to forgive me my sins, and please give me the exchanged righteousness when the time comes which is by Jesus the Messiah alone because He already died for all my sins; therefore I can go free and stay free, as long as I trust in the exchanged life"

BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear brother J4Jesus, you write
quote:

J4Jesus, this could be speaking of two things, in my view.

When a person becomes a believer, access to the Spirit is given to that person, and the Bible also says that the Spirit dwells in usbornagain believers while on earth before our glorification.

Or that quote from Ezekiel 36:

This may also refer to what we will be like once we are in our glorified bodies.

brother J4Jesus writes
quote:
I think you already are a bornagain Christian since you believe that Jesus is God and the Son of God of Israel, and that God of Israel raised Jesus from the dead on the third day? If you believe that, then you already have the Holy Spirit helping you.

But if Ezekiel 36:26-27 refers to the time of our glorified bodies, when we will be spoken to directly by the Spirit of God just as Jesus was, then you shall have all these things.

It also sounds to me that God of Israel is here making a unilateral promise which He will do without regard to the goodness or badness but the bornagain believer.

God says unilaterally:

I will give you a new heart and {I will} put a new spirit in you; and I will remove from you your heart of stone and {I will} give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you and {I will} move you to follow My decrees and to be careful to keep My laws.

brother J4Jesus, I don't think that anyone has attained that condition except Jesus the Messiah of Israel. This not something that can be be attained by you or by anyone through human effort; it is going to be given and put in and move us to follow.

brother J4Jesus, if you would read Watchman Nee's The Normal Christian Life, it might show you how you are dead in Christ and how a dead man cannot help Christ with anything.

And once our deadness is seen, we stop helping God along with "fixing our rigteousness." God is not even in the business of "restoring our filthy righteousness" but God is in the business of "exchanged righteousness" which He freely gives us if we will only accept that His Son Jesus suffered for our sins on the cross and died for us and the cross, but rose again on the third day.

Those who believe in Him, will be freely given Jesus's righteousness when the time comes. Let go, and let God. Learn what it measn to "be dead in Christ", for the dead cannot lift a finger.

In Ezekiel 36:26-27, except for the part of putting the Spirit in us, which may refer to what we now have as bornagain Christians, I don't think the rest of it has happened yet, unless reading the Word and listening to the counsel of the Holy Spirit would get us there? I don't think so.

I think Ezekiel 36:26-27 more likely refer to what our glorified state will be like, don't you because as a body we don't seem to act like that yet, right? [wave3]

BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of God Yahshua-Jesus.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4 sometimes we struggle with sin because we don't want to give it up. We may think we want to give it up, but deep down we really either enjoy the sin or we just want to do things our own way so we choose to continue in sin. I only say this because I have seen this in my own life also. I use to think I wanted to change, but deep down I was choosing to stay in sin. I think this is true for all of us. I'm sure everyone has had this happen to them.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Dear fellow labouror in Christ,

When other helpers fail, and comforts flee, Help of the helpless, Lord, abide with me’.

Among the experiences that left their mark upon the soul of David, was that which he endured in connection with the cave of Adullam. In Psalm 142 (which is the last of eight Psalms that have reference to this experience) David, in spite of his anointing and his faith, is shown to have been sometimes brought so low that despair entered his heart.

‘ And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul’ (1 Sam. 27:1).

He had been hunted as a partridge in the mountains, and he knew what it was to be overwhelmed. Looking back upon these times, David said:

‘ When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path’ (Psa. 142:3).

Possibly, at the time, David entertained doubts as to the Lord’s watchful care, but looking back afterwards he gladly acknowledges that in his darkest moments (for the word ‘overwhelmed’ literally means ‘was darkened’), the Lord knew
his path.

‘Refuge failed me’, said David as he remembered his isolation and loneliness.

‘ I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul’ (Psa. 142:4).

‘No man ... refuge failed ... no man cared’. - The word ‘refuge’ David uses here to indicate his plight, is the Hebrew manos, ‘somewhere to flee to’, ‘escape’ (Job 11:20); ‘way to flee’ (Jer. 25:35); ‘flight’ (Amos 2:14). There is a peculiar
element of bitterness in the choice of this word manos, for the verb of which it is a derivative is used in many passages which speak of ‘fleeing’ to one of the Cities of Refuge (Num. 35:11,25; Deut. 4:42, etc.). But David was cut off from all
earthly provision for he had not even a City of Refuge to which he could flee, and added to this, ‘no man cared’! In such circumstances there is nothing left but God, and, blessed be His name, David wrote this Psalm to tell us that He ‘knew’, He ‘cared’, He provided a ‘refuge’.

‘ I cried unto Thee, O LORD; I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living’ (Psa. 142:5).

Here David used another word for ‘refuge’ - the one already found in Psalms 91:2 and 46:1. Not only did the Lord provide a refuge when all help failed, but David adds that the Lord was his portion in the land of the living. Cheleq, ‘portion’, has reference to ‘dividing spoil’, or ‘dividing an inheritance’. David used the word when he said :

‘ As his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they shall part alike’ (1 Sam. 30:24).

He had also heard the words of the men of Belial who had cried :

‘ We have no part in David’ (2 Sam. 20:1).
‘ What portion have we in David?’ (1 Kings 12:16).

No man ‘knew’; no man ‘cared’; refuge had perished, but God remained, and while God abides, He is the refuge of His people, and not only so, but He is their portion, He takes the place of the
victor’s spoil, and He supplies the place of the lost inheritance.

David could, then, boast in his sorest need and direst distress, that he was ‘more than conqueror’ through the Lord. Let us beware of the ‘refuge of lies’ (Isa. 28:15); let us not be cast down when we look to the right hand and find ‘no man’; let us cast all our care upon Him ‘for He careth for us.

This lends itself, for our edification, that we stay in the word, having a reality more than our own shadow, we are to be found so doing, daily.

The Companion Bible draws attention to three
occurrences of the ‘Name’ in Psalm 20, and refers to them as follows :

‘The DEFENDING Name’ (verse 1).
‘The DISPLAYED Name’ (verse 5).
‘The DELIVERING Name’ (verse 7).

Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers, That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.
Eph 1:15-23

Now abides Faith, Hope, and Love. The greatest of these is Love.

J4Jesus
unregistered

Thanks.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement