Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Incarnation - What is its Significance?

Author Topic: Incarnation - What is its Significance?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Christ came into the world as God's love-gift to man. This use of the word world is at the heart of the most memorized verse of the Bible.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (3:16).

John the Baptist was looking at Christ's coming as God's love-gift to man when he cried, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (1:29). And the citizens of Samaria were doing the same when they said, ". . . this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world" (4:42). Christ entered the world of men as the love-gift of the Father. He came to save us from our sins. The scope of His work was not limited, for He came to offer salvation to everyone.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INCARNATION (in kahr nay' shuhn) God’s becoming human; the union of divinity and humanity in Jesus of Nazareth.

Definition of Doctrine Incarnation [Lat. incarnatio, being or taking flesh], while a biblical idea, is not a biblical term. Its Christian use derives from the Latin version of John 1:14 and appears repeatedly in Latin Christian authors from about A.D. 300 onward.
As a biblical teaching, incarnation refers to the affirmation that God, in one of the modes of His existence as Trinity and without in any way ceasing to be the one God, has revealed Himself to humanity for its salvation by becoming human. Jesus, the Man from Nazareth, is the incarnate Word or Son of God, the focus of the God-human encounter. As the God-Man, He mediates God to humans; as the Man-God, He represents humans to God. By faith-union with Him, men and women, as adopted children of God, participate in His filial relation to God as Father.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 7 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, its time for me to answer my own question.

God is spirit. He came in the flesh to shed His blood for the remission of our sins. Flesh - flesh and blood. A spirit does not have blood. He came to offer His body as a sacrifice for our sins. He is the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. In other words, He came to die. But, praise God, He rose again!

But there are other reasons why our Lord Jesus came into the world. Can you give me a few [sane, balanced reasons]? [Smile]

--------------------
http://procyon4x.blogspot.com

Posts: 28 | From: maldives | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 7 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tennessee,
You make it sound a bit weird.

I asked a simple question about the significance of the Incarnation. Why did God come in the flesh? It's a pity that we dont exercise our spiritual grey-cells.

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: maldives | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A simple response to your simple question about "incarnation" is this: The word implies that the living embodiment of a deity, spirit, or abstact quality has materialized. The embodiment of God the Son in the flesh of Jesus Christ is a perfect example of "incarnation." We can carry this "concept" further when we realize, according to the Bible, that God is the Father of spirits. When these "spirits" inhabit flesh, including God Himself as the Holy Spirit, we can regard explain it as "incarnation." Our "newness" is a spiritual reality when we experience the second birth.

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epouran,

I think you've had too much of the sun! Are you some kind of heretic? You need much prayer and God to open your eyes. I've never read so much balderdash in my life in a bulletin board [except the stuff in the Olive Branch!]

--------------------

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prolix:
epouran,
I asked a simple question about the Incarnation, and I got a reply that has flummoxed me. [Confused] Is there not anybody in this bulletin board who has an idea of what the Incarnation is?

[Eek!]

John makes quite the deal out of Christ having come here by the water and the blood of a woman. Christ does the same with Nicodemus,amazed at how this leader of the Jews was unawares that one MUST be BORN FROM ABOVE, not again, but from the above.

Nico's answer is indicative of how he received these words, which were physically, you must be physically be born from above, where Ecc12. 7 declares the spirit returns to the above upon death.

Gen 6, Jude, 2Pet makes a big deal of those angels who did not come here by water and blood of a woman.

This portion of the 3 earth age times we are given in Scipure is called that which is for the man who walks under the sun, i.e., flesh man.

Ecc 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Jer4. 20>>> speaks about the 'world that then was' which Peter also speaks, where men were not flesh, and judgment and destruction came upon them because they were soddish (stupid), but their sin was that of Soddom...

Plus God maketh is angels spirits, the spirit returns to God who gave it upon death of the body.

To the end that the creature will learn that we cannot stand upon creature strenght, but upon every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

This is done by placing man in flesh bodies, wherein the outworking of God will rule, and overrule that wicked (one) with the lowest of the elements, for Christ hath likeined, concerning the angelic fall, our Lord called it a 'rent'.

The goal? Pleroma, or fullness, which occurs the first time in the NT in relation to this rent.

It is because of this manner of God's unbounded foresight He can say He hated Essau but loved Jacob. Why? Because He knows what our reaction to the angelic rent in the previous earth age.

some of those longer paper I have posted which received little or no comment deal with these things in more detail. they are within this study section and given for this very direction.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Pillars
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Pillars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prolix:
Have you ever thought about the Incarnation? Why God came in the flesh? During this season, people think about Christmas. But all good Christians, the born again ones, think about the Incarnation. The world has reduced God to a sentimental Nativity scene. But Jesus is God! And today He is on the Throne!

And yet there is a special meaning to His coming into the world in the flesh. Do you know the meaning of the Incarnation? [Smile]

It's very simple, the Son is the TESTATOR of the First (OT) and the New Testament and was SENT into this world to shade his blood for the remission of the sins of many...

Hebrews 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance

Here's the additional texts which tell us the SIGNIFICANCE WHY the TESTATOR of the Old and New Testament had to be incarnated in the flesh and shade his blood...

Hebrews 9
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the Testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the Testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Posts: 3 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timspong:
Personally I believe that Jesus had no “special” powers apart from being born without the propensity to sin and being able to maintain perfect obedience to the will of God. All the power to perform miracles, healing, teaching etc came from God (the Father & the Holy Spirit).
Theoretically we would all have the same ability if only we could be totally obedient and as sinless as Jesus. Of course this is impossible for us in our present form.

Ahh but in the flesh, Jesus had no more power than we do, except through the Father. We also have the exact power through the Holy Spirit. We usualy just don't know how to access it.

John 14: 12,13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Born Again, that was a better effort.

I was think, Why did God come in the flesh? [Incarnation]. First and foremost, to die on the Cross of Calvary in order to save us from our sins. That's why He is called Jesus, Matt 1.21. This salvation is a great salvation. We who are lost have been found again. We who were dead in sins were granted eternal life. We have been delivered from death and judgment [condemnation]. He came in the flesh in order to shed His precious Blood on Calvary's Cross. That is why John's Gospel refers to Him as the Lamb of God [who came to take away our sins].

But there are other reasons also. And I would like all born-again God-fearing Christ-honouring Christians to reflect on the meaning of the Incarnation.

--------------------

timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me; Jesus incarnation is God leading from the front by example. He shows us how we can live in total obedience as mortal men.

He shows us that through grace and by perfect obedience the Law, by default, can be obeyed. The Law cannot be obeyed by trying to follow the letter of the Law. The Law is primarily to demonstrate the level of our sinful nature.

Personally I believe that Jesus had no “special” powers apart from being born without the propensity to sin and being able to maintain perfect obedience to the will of God. All the power to perform miracles, healing, teaching etc came from God (the Father & the Holy Spirit).

Theoretically we would all have the same ability if only we could be totally obedient and as sinless as Jesus. Of course this is impossible for us in our present form.

Jesus also came to redeem us and pay for our sins and thereby opening a pathway for a relationship with God through him. Due to His perfect justice God could never have a relationship with sinful man until that justice had been satisfied.

I could go on all day, but this is what first came to mind.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Ok, you want Incarnation? Off the top of my head and with the Divine counsel of the Holy Spirit, I write this to you:

The Incarnation is the coming to earth of the Son of the LORD God of Israel.

His Name was and is Yahshua-Jesus, raised in Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem-Judah, as Micah prophesied.

He came unto His own but {most} of His own received Him not.

Then He was willing to die for our sins, knowing that His Father’s word was “as good as gold” and Yahshua-Jesus rose again on the third day from the grave.

And after appearing for 40 days to more than 500 witnesses of His resurrection, He ascended from the twelve from the mount of Olives by Bethany and was taken up into the clouds, to now sit at the right hand of the Father until all His enemies are put under His feet.

That is Incarnation to me.

Bless the LORD YHWH, the God (Elohim) of Israel

BORN AGAIN by His [Cross]

prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

epouran,
I asked a simple question about the Incarnation, and I got a reply that has flummoxed me. [Confused] Is there not anybody in this bulletin board who has an idea of what the Incarnation is?

[Eek!]

--------------------

prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

God Jesus? That sounds weird!
Jesus is God, but to use the phrase God Jesus indicates that something is spiritually out-of-order with people using such terms. I would only say very politely, 'Beware of strange terms and strange beliefs!'
God is looking for spiritual as well as balanced Christians. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Lately I've been thinking about God Jesus, instead of only Lord Jesus.

BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isa 28:21 For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

If you look up mt Perazim you will find, if memory serves, this is where the angels came in having left their own habitation, called the breach of the waters, and the lord of the breaks.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. :cross [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God With Us
C.H. Spurgeon

“Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” —Isaiah 7:14

Let us today go down to Bethlehem, and in company with wondering shepherds and adoring Magi, let us see Him who was born King of the Jews, for we by faith can claim an interest in Him, and can sing, “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.”

Jesus is Jehovah incarnate, our Lord and our God, and yet our brother and friend; let us adore and admire. Let us notice at the very first glance His miraculous conception. It was a thing unheard of before, and unparalleled since, that a virgin should conceive and bear a Son.

The first promise ran thus, “The seed of the woman,” not the offspring of the man. Since venturous woman led the way in the sin which brought forth Paradise lost, she, and she alone, ushers in the Regainer of Paradise. Our Saviour, although truly man, was as to His human nature the Holy One of God.

Let us reverently bow before the holy Child whose innocence restores to manhood its ancient glory; and let us pray that He may be formed in us, the hope of glory. Fail not to note His humble parentage. His mother has been described simply as “a virgin,” not a princess, or prophetess, nor a matron of large estate. True the blood of kings ran in her veins; nor was her mind a weak and untaught one, for she could sing most sweetly a song of praise; but yet how humble her position, how poor the man to whom she stood affianced, and how miserable the accommodation afforded to the new-born King!

Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us, or rather we with Him, in resurrection, ascension, triumph, and Second Advent splendour.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Have you ever thought about the Incarnation? Why God came in the flesh? During this season, people think about Christmas. But all good Christians, the born again ones, think about the Incarnation. The world has reduced God to a sentimental Nativity scene. But Jesus is God! And today He is on the Throne!

And yet there is a special meaning to His coming into the world in the flesh. Do you know the meaning of the Incarnation? [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement