Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » who is this nation?

Author Topic: who is this nation?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The connection you are making between the kingdom of God and the Israel of God are verses apart.

Firstly, the kingdom of God encompasses the highest hieghts of heaven to the lowest innermost part of the earth.

Israel of God is contrast against the non believing Israel of the flesh. Mostly we get the latter, but once we are given the former.

Secondly, there are two groups here, not one:
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

So we can see the truly converted Jews were called the Israel of God.

This isn't the only verse that some teachers build an entire doctrine off of, but it only has the one connection of which it contrasts, namely those Jews who did not believe.

As many as walk...

When? Who was this written to? Who was it speaking to? We already know Paul writes to the Jew first, then to the gentile, and here is no different. Here the apostle brings in the gentile being used to provoke Israel by, telling them, as many as...and also the Israel of God.

Two groups.
Both OT prophecy.

The church which is being built now is not found in prophecy, it is a new creation.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galatians 6:16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Matthew 21:43
Therefore I say to you, "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

who is this nation?

is it the church?

is the Israel of God now the church, now that God Jesus is administering the kingdom of God Hismelf from heaven by way of wireless Holy Spirit tranmissions from heaven to every believer?

I think I am the Israel of God right now, eversince the Lord God Yahshua-Jesus took over the administration of the kingdom of God from the territory of Old National Israel which was eliminated during the time that the Gentiles (ethnoi, the nations, the different ethnic groups) were also called.

The house of Israel was also among the nations of ethnoi, beginning in 721 B.C. when taken to Assyria, but later the house of Israel became mixed among the nations as the Scythians (which means "wanderers") and later as the Scots (which means "wanderers").

anyway, the house of Israel can also still accept the grace offered by the LORD YHWH and by the the Lord God Yahshua-Jesus while the house of Israel is mixed among the nations.

and after 70 A.d., a remnant survived Titus and the Roman legions, I think something like 70,000 Jews from Judah, who were sold among the nations as slaves, and who thus joined the house of Israel among the nations.

then the Word says:

Galatians 6:16

Matthew 21:43
Therefore I say to you, "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

who is this nation?

and who is this Israel of God?

May the LORD YHWH of Israel bless us, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of God Yahshua-Jesus

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement