Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Trees in the garden

Author Topic: Trees in the garden
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epouraniois writes to BORN AGAIN
quote:
Please don't patronize me, I don't know of a thing I have done to deserve that.
I was just teasing you a bit. No need to be so sensitive. And I did like my little post, as I said. As far as me "not even opening a book", I told you I have limited time. You get only what I can give to you and at least I'm willing to engage you in discussion, which is all I can tell you. Sometimes no doubt I will be shallow and trite, AND short.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Jam 4:5
Do ye think that the Scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
Jam 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jam 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Please don't patronize me, I don't know of a thing I have done to deserve that. Clearly the Bible teaches that the things we do not see are more real than the things we do see:

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

And if you bothered to look at the text, you would see that the man adam was siezed up and taken into that garden, that garden with a fenced in plat, that garden which had to be guarded by cherubim once adam was expelled.

That you din't even open the book before making that comment becomes obvious upon the first read:

Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of a high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
Eze 31:4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
Eze 31:5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
Eze 31:6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
Eze 31:7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.
Eze 31:8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
Eze 31:9 (God)I have made him fair(Satan) by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Eze 31:10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself...
Eze 31:13 Upon his ruin shall all the fowls of the heaven remain...

Clearly this is not the tree of life here, but Satan, most beautiful one, for there was nothing outstanding looking about the tree bringing the righteous branch, nothing special about this tree as far as looks go that we should desire Him:

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

So when I see there are deeper things to learn, I go straightaway into the Scriptures, the very ones that bring this to our attention and for our learning.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay brother epouraniois, you say
quote:
When I read that ALL of the trees in the garden of God were envious, it makes me want to dig.

I was hoping some additional information might be brought to the surface by doing some digging.

here then is some additional information.

all the trees in the garden of God were envious of the tree of life.

it is a metaphor to describe how beautiful and desirable the tree of life was: "all the trees of the garden of God were envious".

and yet, for all its beauty and desirability, Adam and Eve could not resist being disobedient and they ate of the tree of which all the trees in the garden were not envious.

wasn't that some nice new information? I liked it myself as it was being written.

May the God of Israel bless us, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

When I read that ALL of the trees in the garden of God were envious, it makes me want to dig.

I was hoping some additional information might be brought to the surface by doing some digging.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter" (Prov 25:2)

“And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me WITH ALL YOUR HEART” (Jeremiah 29:13)

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear epouraniois, I think you have a tendency to read too much into things ... perhaps you are so naturally bright that you have "exhausted" what might still excite an "ordinary" person, but then, "having done all that", you are now reading more into the text than is there.

while I agree that trees also refer to humans, I think in the case of the garden of Eden they were dealing with real trees, and they could not eat of the TrofKnoGd&Evil.

It was a sufficiently good test for a obedience, and they failed in that case and ate from the real tree of TrofKnoGd&Evil, and that was that; disobedience and rebellion resulted in eviction.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

What do you guys make of the kind of trees that were in the garden?

""...every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it...""--Gen 2:16-17

Eze 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
Eze 31:10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;

It just doesn't sound like a regular garden to me.

In Gen 2:15, the Lord ""took"", "to seize, carry away" the man Adam and ""put"", "(cause to, be at, give, have, make to) rest, set down, in the garden of Eden to dress {husbandman} it and to keep {guard} it. When we read about the duties and reward of a husbandman in the NT, it speaks to the spiritual as well. At the end of ch 3, cherubim are placed to perform Adam's duty, which was to guard the way, the way of the tree of life, and in Ephesians, we are instructed to perform service to guard the unity of the Spirit.

Jdg 9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
Jdg 9:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honor God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg 9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg 9:11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg 9:12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg 9:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg 9:14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg 9:15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Eze 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus {Satan}, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement