Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Luke 16:10

Author Topic: Luke 16:10
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greetings, Forever His, yes giving excess money back is easy-to-explain to the cashier, so that's pretty doable; I'm with you on that one. God bless, BORN AGAIN
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace!!!! I am so happy to here all of these things that God is doing in your life. Thank you for sharing them here. God is truly good!!! [clap2] [hyper] [thumbsup2]

Nice to meet you lonlisol... great post!

Hey Born Again... Thanks for sharing that LOL [thumbsup2] I think that we can all relate to that type of thing... I am sure many of us have been tempted in some way like that. One thing that I do know in that matter... If your conscience bothers you... then I think you already know the right answer... In fact, hey.... if you have the receipt I would go back with the tent and say. I just wanted to make sure that I got the right tent for the money that I paid you??? and then perhaps you will need to pay more. or... get the $39.00 tent [Smile] God Bless you my friend!!!!

Oh... by the way... last week a cashier gave me an extra $10.00 back in change at the grocery store... LOL.... I looked at her and said... I think that you gave me too much money back, and showed her the problem... she was a new cashier and I hope that she learned at least something [Wink]

and... Nathan was with me so I hope that he learned something as well.

God Bless you guys !!!

Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
to what extent should one go at a cash register to try to rectify things? sometimes the attempt to rectify an error they made can be more complicated than just letting it go?
God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Well, I guess if 2 ft. of water come up in the tent and God hits it with a bolt of lightening, you will have your answer BA.

-

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

at the sporting goods store I ...... sinned in the little things today.

Last week I had seen a tent for sale for $39.99 (regular price $79.99). I wanted to get one.

A week later I made it to the store and at the entrance I read the newspaper ads page. there I saw a tent, for $69.99 (regulary $89.99). I thought, "oh wow, am I too late"?

But when I got to the tent section, there were a bunch of text packages stacked on top of each other and on every other one or so was a red sign, $39.99.

So I took one from the stack, but not one with the $39.99 tag since I wanted to leave the ones with the tag for other customers to see.

after paying for another item first, the tent came up next at the cashier and it said $89.99, but I said right away, "it's $39.99" because I had taken it from that stack.

She asked me if it had come from the ones with the red tag that said $39.99 and I said "yes".

while she is finalizing the sale, in the meantime I am beginning realize that this may be one of the $69.99 tents (regularly $89.99) and I could (or should?) have have said, Oh, but the regular price says $89.99 so maybe this is one of the $69.99 tents?

But the truth is, I let it go, I don't have a lot of extra money, and if she was willing to sell it to me for $39.99, she is an employee and she has some obligation to know what is what.

I had my aged stepfather waiting in the parking lot, and I knew that if I said something it would have taken extra time to explain it all to the cashier who was probably receiving minimum wage...anywhay, I let it go and bought it for $39.99.

part of me rejoiced that I was able to get an $89.99 tent for $39.99...part of me was sad that I probably sinned and I confessed it to the Lord (but I was also glad to have an $89.99 tent for $39.99)(yikes! [happyhappy] )

to what extent should one go at a cash register to try to rectify things? sometimes the attempt to rectify an error they made can be more complicated than just letting it go?

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought I would be going to Church one day on a regular basis...and doing Bible studies as well...that has always been the farthest thing on my mind but I sure am looking forward to it every week now... [Smile]

But like I said earlier, my husband always says that little details are annoying...I pray that he will open his heart and see the Light one day... [Frown]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
Clothes nicely folded, nice fragrance in the air, saying the words I love you, or thank you once in a while are important little details that can make such a difference in peoples' lives...

That's beautiful lonlesol. Looks like you are well self-disciplined.

I guess it's a matter of balance- I have to listen more to His promptings in the area of self-disciplime.

A bientot.

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband always says that little details are annoying...I am the complete opposite of him, to me, small details are important...

Clothes nicely folded, nice fragrance in the air, saying the words I love you, or thank you once in a while are important little details that can make such a difference in peoples' lives...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Luke 16:10 Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities.

The Lord is showing me lately that I have to be faithful in the little things, if I want to expand my borders into greater areas further down the road.

As I have said before I have started to go to church for about the past three months, which I find very rewarding. Now that the winter months are approaching I am wondering if I am going to be so dedicated to get out in the freezing cold weather, in order to attend these weekly meetings -Brrr.

My husband usually drives me there, but I have to take the bus home. I meet my niece at church, so that keeps me somewhat committed to go. She didn't go last week, but still I went.

Also, He is showing me that I have to be more committed to going to my workout at Curves. I must go at least three times a week.

I am getting warnings to be faithful in the little things.

How faithful really are we with the little things. Do we put back the shopping cart after loading up the car, or do we just leave it haphazardly in the parking lot? When we look at a sweater in a dept store, do we try to fold it back at least fairly neatly, or do we just throw it back in a heap? If we see something that has fallen on the floor in any store, do just leave it just lying there?

Faithful in the little things. God expects that from us. I'm sure we all can think of areas in which we should be more diligent. If we can't be trusted to put back a shopping cart, how can be trusted to fulfill bigger responsibilities and plans God may have ready and waiting in our lives.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement