Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » if I had more glory....

Author Topic: if I had more glory....
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am involved in a very deep study right now which is dipicting the future glory and the glory that has presented itself to the man who walks under the sun, that is to say, flesh man. There are certainly instructions beyond the types and shadows for us in all of the tabernacle furnishings, but I shant post the longest thread just yet, succifice it to say, that we are to set our affections on things above, for the flesh cannot please, I am reminded of a verse though:

...whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. For our conversation is in heaven...

I believe if we had the betterment of understanding of what is meant by the relational furnishings of the tabernacle, the entire approach to Holiness, and the acknowledgment of what is the saints in the light, the boldness and access with confidence given to uswards in the church of the one body, that we should be bright as we could be in the here and the now, raised with Him, looking for that blessed hope only to be found accepted in the beloved.

...from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ...Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had more glory, my life would change. I would do things that I don't do right now. The bills I paid would be different and I would live and walk in different places than I live and walk in now.

If I really had power or more glory, would I know how to use it correctly?

Does glory steer Itself, or does glory need to be steered by the person in/on whom the glory is?

If I had more glory, my life would change. The Lord asks, "Am I ready for that, or do I like the way things are"?, living in my current house, paying certain bills, visiting my regular places, "reading and learning about the great exploits of the LORD of Israel and of the exploits of His Son Yahshua-Jesus and of the exploits of the Holy Spirit", I am doing all that, and do I really found to "change all that"?

So it is probably fair to say that the Lord knows that I don't want any more glory right now? [Big Grin]

Exodus 34:29
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

Acts 22:11
And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

Acts 22:11
And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

Mark 9:3
And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Matthew 28:3
His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

Matthew 17:2
And he was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

_______

"yes, be glad in the victory He has won, be glad in God's Own Holy Son, let us therefore rejoice in Him and give Him praise".

BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Nazareth, who was born in Bethlehem of Judah, as Micah 5:2 predicted ("just fishin'")

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement