Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Jesus preached the word to them

Author Topic: Jesus preached the word to them
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One very strong thing that Christ the Lord Jesus taught was that He did not teach them all things:

Joh 16:12
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
Joh 16:14
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
Joh 16:15
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.

Act 13:45
But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
Act 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
Act 13:47
For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou (Israel) shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Act 19:10
And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

1Th 2:16
Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Act 28:28
Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Ti 1:15
This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me;

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
does it really matter whether the Holy Spirit is inside us or alongside us, as long as we actively listen and ask for help and advice from the Holy Spirit and from the Lord/Son Yahshua-Jesus and from Father LORD YHWH.

He must be inside of us first in order to be able to also walk alongside us. If he is not inside of us we are not born again.

The following scripture that you quoted clearly says that he shall be in you.

quote:
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but you know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you.
Eph. 3:16 May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother wparr writes
quote:
Actually ANYTHING Jesus preached was The Word
yes, that is also true, Jesus said:

John 6:63
It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life.

Nevertheless, so we New Testament Christians would preach something different post-the cross or do we still preach what Paul preached, for instance?

Paul still used refs to the Old Testament in his preaching, but Paul also elaborated on what it meant to receive the Spirit, to which Jesus had already alluded during His life, that it was expedient that He should go away through the cross to the Father, that the Holy Spirit might come alongside many.

does it really matter whether the Holy Spirit is inside us or alongside us, as long as we actively listen and ask for help and advice from the Holy Spirit and from the Lord/Son Yahshua-Jesus and from Father LORD YHWH.

as long as we are actively listening, does it matter whether the Holy Spirit is inside us or alongside, or does it matter?

Psalm 81:9
There shall no strange god be in you; neither shall you worship any strange god.

John 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.

9 Of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

BORN AGAIN adds: {Jesus says, "I will tell them to you later through Paul, him shall you hear.)

13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come.

14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mne, and shall show it to you.

John 4:14
But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but you know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you.

God of Israel bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually ANYTHING Jesus preached was The Word
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing, at the Sermon on the Mount in Chapter 5 of Matthew, he taught the New Covenant, 'an updated version ' of the Ten Commandments, showing the importance of including love.

He also taught the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark 2
2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and He preached the word to them.

Since the New Testament had not yet been written, He must have preached to them out of the Old Testament. But what did He preach to them?

Would we know what to preach if all we had is the Old Testament?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement