Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE THREE GREATEST TRUTHS I KNOW

Author Topic: THE THREE GREATEST TRUTHS I KNOW
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is you epouraniois who is bringing false doctrine, false divisions in the Word and confusion, contrary to the Word of God.

I merely bring the truth of God's eternal Word.

The mystery of the Bride of Christ is first revealed by the Apostle Paul in The Epistle to the Ephesians, Chapter 5.

[5:29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
[5:30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
[5:31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
[5:32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Note how closely Ephesians 5:30-31 and Genesis 2:23-24 correspond to each other:

Paul reveals here for the first, and maybe only time, the tight linkage between Jesus and his Bride, The Church, and Adam and Eve. Look to Genesis and Adam and Eve to understand Jesus and the Bride.

I Peter [2:5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Note that Peter is describing a unified body of one flesh that consists of lively stones. Our bodies consist of individual building blocks known as cells. We will remain individuals but yet a part of the Body of Christ.

Ephesians [5:29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

This scripture assures us that because we are one flesh then we are secure because we are one with The Lord Jesus Christ.

Genesis [2:23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis [2:24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

There are two Adams and two Eves. The first Adam and Eve we know about from the book of Genesis. The second Adam is our Lord Jesus Christ. The second Eve is The Church which is The Bride of Christ.

In Genesis we find certain statements regarding Adam and Eve. These statements are true for both Adams and both Eves.

Genesis [2:18] And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

This applies to Adam and to Jesus Christ also. Adam needed a companion and Jesus does also.

The story of Jesus and His Bride is entertwined from Genesis to Revelations.

In The New Testament Jesus says in The Gospel of John, Chapter 14:

[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

In those times it was customary for the bridegroom to go and prepare a place for his bride to be. Once finished he would return at an uncertain time and would expect his bride to be to be diligently awaiting his return. This is the context of the virgins who were waiting with oil in their lamps in The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 25:

[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.brethrenonline.org/books/ultrad.htm#ch6

Writing to the Corinthians at an earlier date, he said, "I have espoused you as a chaste virgin unto Christ," and Christian behavior is shown to spring from the responsibility connected with that espousal. The Church is viewed as an affianced bride, not yet married-, but called upon to be faithful to her absent Lord until the day when she will be openly acknowledged by Him as His Bride. It is this glorious occasion that John brings before us in the nineteenth chapter of the book of Revelation. It is of no earthly bride he is speaking, but of the heavenly. After the destruction of the false harlot, Babylon the Great, the marriage supper of the Lamb is celebrated in the Father's house, and all saints are called upon to rejoice because the marriage of the Lamb has come and His wife hath made herself ready. At the judgment-seat of Christ, she receives from His hand the linen garments in which she is to be arrayed at the marriage feast. Notice that on this occasion we have not only the Bride and the Bridegroom, but we read, "Blessed are they that are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb." These invited guests are distinguished from the Bride herself. They of course are another group of redeemed sinners, namely, Old Testament saints, and possibly some Tribulation saints who have been martyred for Christ's sake. These are the friends of the Bridegroom who rejoice in His happiness when He takes His Bride to Himself.

All down through the Christian centuries believers have revelled in the sweetness of the thought of the bridal relationship, setting forth, as no other figure does, the intensity of Christ's love for His own. How truly we may sing:

"The bride eyes not her garment,
But her dear Bridegroom's face;
I will not gaze on glory,
But on my King of grace;
Not at the crown He giveth,
But on His pierced hand;
The Lamb is all the glory
Of Immanuel's land."

http://grace-for-today.com/1953.htm

"And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints."

The bride of Christ is His church (Ephesians 5:22-32). She will be married to Him at the last day. She will on that occasion be presented to Him "arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright."

The wedding garment of Christ's bride is comprised of her righteousnesses: "for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints." (The plural "righteousnesses" is a better translation of the Greek word than "righteousness," as in the 1611 King James Version, or "righteous acts," as in the New King James Version.) A righteousness is that which perfectly and completely satisfies the demands of God's law. What are the righteousnesses in which the bride of Christ is clothed?

The righteousnesses of the saints are not those of their own merit. No one is capable of performing a righteous act (Romans 3:10,12): "There is none righteous, no, not one .... There is none who does good, no, not one." Not a single solitary act performed by any of us can in any way be identified as "fine linen, clean and bright." To the contrary, "all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).

This is true even of possessors of what is commonly called imparted righteousness, the divine nature which is given in regeneration (2 Peter 1:4). (It is better to call what is here imparted "righteous nature" than "righteousness.") With regard to that nature, he who possesses it "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9). But as long as he yet possesses the Adamic nature, he cannot say "I have no sin" (1 John 1:8-10; cp. Romans 7, especially v.24; 1 Timothy 1:15). (This doctrine of imparted righteousness is not to be confused with the heretical view of infused righteousness, the supposed infusion of a principle of righteousness by God which enables its recipient to meet the demands of His law.)

The righteousnesses of the saints are those of Christ alone, which He has "granted to her." He Himself alone is the saints' only righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6; 1 Corinthians 1:30f). His righteousness is His perfect and complete satisfaction of God's law (Psalm 40:7f / Hebrews 10:5-7; Matthew 5:17 [and 3:15]; John 5:30b; John 8:28f; 10:18; 12:49; 14:31). First, He did so in His preceptive (or active) obedience, obediently keeping every positive prescription of God's law (1 Peter 2:22): "[He] committed no sin" (cp. 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26; 1 John 3:5; also Matthew 27:24, 19, 24; John 8:46).

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please show us all where Peter places gentile believers in heavenly places with every spritual gift God has to give seated with Christ.

Don't you ever get tired of saying the same false things thread after thread.

ARe you purposely preaching false doctrine, or is it from ignorance?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/bewareof-hyperdisp.html

Yet, there is actually no difference between the gospel preached by Peter and that which Paul preached. Peter preached salvation through the blood of Christ (1 Pet. 1:2), salvation by God’s free mercy (1 Peter 1:3), the new birth (1 Peter 1:3), eternal security because of the resurrection of Christ (1 Pet. 1:3-4). Further, Acts 15 plainly states that all of the apostles, including Peter and Paul, agreed on the gospel. And Paul states in Galatians 1, that anyone who preached a different gospel was cursed. If Peter were truly preaching a different gospel in those days, he would have fallen under this curse. Paul plainly said in 1 Cor. 15:11-14 that they all preached the same gospel.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE THREE GREATEST TRUTHS I KNOW
Oscar M. Baker

Recently I stood before a group to teach them for the last time. Some, if not most of them, I realized I might never see again. What should be said on such an occasion? The Lord seemed to place upon my heart the above subject. Following is a brief summary of those remarks.

LIFE ONLY IN CHRIST. This is where we begin. "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:12). No, immortality is not something inborn in all men. The gospel is more than just a question of better housing in eternity. God alone has imperishability and immortality (1Tim. 1:17; 6:16). But Christ has brought it to light (2 Tim. 1:10). We may receive life in Christ as a gift of God (Rom. 6:63). The Scriptures make it plain that immortality is put on in resurrection, not before (I Cor. 15:53). For the church which is His body, it shall be in the Out Resurrection (Phil. 3:11).

RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD. This is the command of 2 Tim. 2:15. To fail to do so brings utter confusion in Christendom and in one's own Bible study. RIGHTLY DIVIDING is the translation of "orthotomeo". Abbott-Smith's Lexicon defines it as "to cut straight, as a road." To rightly divide is the only straight road through the Scriptures. It is simply a matter of keeping things (i.e. books) in their proper categories. How clear the New Testament becomes, and many perplexing verses therein, when we see the different categories.

1. Matthew, Mark, and Luke present the preaching of the kingdom at hand.
2. Acts presents the re-offer of the kingdom to the Jews. In this category belong the epistles of James, Peter, John, Jude and Paul's first seven. They reflect that time when God was still dealing with Israel as a nation. Hence we still have many Jewish practices, right up to Acts 28. There should be nothing puzzling about this. Let us illustrate by saying that as long as we have a Republican administration we expect Republican policies and practices. So there was a Jewish administration till Acts 28: 28.
3. After Acts we have John and the last 7 letters of Paul. Salvation is sent to the Gentiles. John tells the world of everlasting life. Paul now brings to light (photizo) what is the administration of The Secret (Eph. 3:9). Read carefully all of Ephesians 3.
4. Next, we have the fulfillment of the prophecies pertaining to Israel and the kingdom. This follows the administration of The Mystery (Secret), and is after the Joint-body has been united to the Head (Christ) in heaven. It is described in The Revelation.

THE MYSTERY REVEALED TO PAUL. Besides this right division, we need to see that God is accomplishing a secret purpose in the period in which we now live.

A body of people is being united to Christ here in order that they might be with Him there in the heavenly places. It was kept secret - From the ages and from the generations (Col. 1:26 ASV margin). It was revealed to Paul (Eph. 3:3; Col. 1:25). It fulfills the Word of God (Col. 1:25).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement