Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » BIBLE TEST

Author Topic: BIBLE TEST
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker posted November 21, 2005 10:18 AM
A nation which has produced an Edwards, a Spuergon, a Moody, has become a nation which is producing infidels.

Dear Heavenly Father we kneel before Your throne this day, with deepest sorrow in our heart, and tears of anguish welling up in our eyes, as we ask how long? Dear Lord Your Word says, in Matt 24:12 "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.", our nation has sown the storm, and is reaping the whirlwind.

Dear Lord our children's children are murdering each other, in the care of those that are charged with instructing. Dear Lord You were driven from the classroom during the watch of our parents, and as a nation we denied You, and rejected You, and now wonder as we, as a people are being cursed unto the 2nd and 3rd generation.

Dear Lord for 32 years we have murdered our babies at the alter of abortion, and declared that life only has value, if that one can contribute to society, that life has no more intrinsic value, than the squirrel out in the yard gathering acorns, or the life that is imbedded in the acorn itself, for the teachers of our teachers indoctrinate in the abomination of the primordial soup.

Dear Lord our nation has sought after other gods, the gods of opulence and prosperity, the gods of self gratification, we have even sought to make ourselves god, by embracing the animistic principles of the "divine spark" within nature.

Dear Lord again and again You have called upon peoples to repent, to turn and receive You, and to be spared and blessed. Dear Lord how long will Your wrath be held back, how long before the judgment that fell upon Sodom, will fall upon the United States. As it was in the days of Noah, You hold back judgment until You can preserve those that are righteous and serving You, and until all that will, have come to repentance, have turned their hearts to You.

Dear Father the hearts have been hardened. The helpless are being murdered for the sheer sake of convenience, and this is being justified from the very lips of those who confess the name of Jesus. O God throw-down the alters of iniquity, drop the scales from blinded eyes, break the shackles of bondage upon the hearts of the lost, and reveal Thy glorious Cross of Calvary, and Your salvation in Christ Jesus alone.

Dear Lord I pray not for my country, but I pray for my people all across this land and around this world, for I feel in my spirit that the time is so very short, that He who now letteth will soon be taken away, and the days of wrath are preparing to fall. Dear Lord we lift up our hearts and our prayers this day for the movement of Your Holy Spirit to spark a mighty revival in this land.

Dear Lord we pray that the hearts of people will be broken, false messiahs thrown down, and the purity of Your glorious Word to arise in the hearts of man, and into the halls of learning, like a massive tidal wave from glory.

Dear Lord we pray for a revival, that a massive number of sinners enter into Your redemption. Dear Lord we pray in quandary, for we long for Your awesome coming, and our desperate yearning to be with You, to withdraw from the iniquity which surrounds us, and yet my glorious Lord, I pray for the eyes that are so blinded by the lies of the enemy, hearts chained to evil's enticements, for those that have been led into the darkness by being told that darkness is light.

Dear Lord may we be on our knees at every opportunity, praying for revival to spring forth from the ashes of moral destruction, that knee after knee shall bow and tongue after tongue confess that You are Lord of Lords, You are King of Kings, that our God reigns from everlasting to everlasting.

In the name above all names, the Alpha and Omega, the Lord Jesus Christ we pray.
Amen.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A nation which has produced an Edwards, a Spuergon, a Moody, has become a nation which is producing infidels.

Dear Heavenly Father we kneel before Your throne this day, with deepest sorrow in our heart, and tears of anguish welling up in our eyes, as we ask how long? Dear Lord Your Word says, in Matt 24:12 "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.", our nation has sown the storm, and is reaping the whirlwind. Dear Lord our children's children are murdering each other, in the care of those that are charged with instructing. Dear Lord You were driven from the classroom during the watch of our parents, and as a nation we denied You, and rejected You, and now wonder as we, as a people are being cursed unto the 2nd and 3rd generation.

Dear Lord for 32 years we have murdered our babies at the alter of abortion, and declared that life only has value, if that one can contribute to society, that life has no more intrinsic value, than the squirrel out in the yard gathering acorns, or the life that is imbedded in the acorn itself, for the teachers of our teachers indoctrinate in the abomination of the primordial soup.

Dear Lord our nation has sought after other gods, the gods of opulence and prosperity, the gods of self gratification, we have even sought to make ourselves god, by embracing the animistic principles of the "divine spark" within nature.

Dear Lord again and again You have called upon peoples to repent, to turn and receive You, and to be spared and blessed. Dear Lord how long will Your wrath be held back, how long before the judgment that fell upon Sodom, will fall upon the United States. As it was in the days of Noah, You hold back judgment until You can preserve those that are righteous and serving You, and until all that will, have come to repentance, have turned their hearts to You.

Dear Father the hearts have been hardened. The helpless are being murdered for the sheer sake of convenience, and this is being justified from the very lips of those who confess the name of Jesus. O God throw-down the alters of iniquity, drop the scales from blinded eyes, break the shackles of bondage upon the hearts of the lost, and reveal Thy glorious Cross of Calvary, and Your salvation in Christ Jesus alone.

Dear Lord I pray not for my country, but I pray for my people all across this land and around this world, for I feel in my spirit that the time is so very short, that He who now letteth will soon be taken away, and the days of wrath are preparing to fall. Dear Lord we lift up our hearts and our prayers this day for the movement of Your Holy Spirit to spark a mighty revival in this land. Dear Lord we pray that the hearts of people will be broken, false messiahs thrown down, and the purity of Your glorious Word to arise in the hearts of man, and into the halls of learning, like a massive tidal wave from glory. Dear Lord we pray for a revival, that a massive number of sinners enter into Your redemption. Dear Lord we pray in quandary, for we long for Your awesome coming, and our desperate yearning to be with You, to withdraw from the iniquity which surrounds us, and yet my glorious Lord, I pray for the eyes that are so blinded by the lies of the enemy, hearts chained to evil's enticements, for those that have been led into the darkness by being told that darkness is light. Dear Lord may we be on our knees at every opportunity, praying for revival to spring forth from the ashes of moral destruction, that knee after knee shall bow and tongue after tongue confess that You are Lord of Lords, You are King of Kings, that our God reigns from everlasting to everlasting. In the name above all names, the Alpha and Omega, the Lord Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

November 21, 2005

BIBLE TEST
by Cornelius R. Stam

A Bible test was sprung recently on five classes of college-bound 11th and 12th graders in an American public school.

Some thought Sodom and Gomorrah were lovers; that the Gospels were written by Matthew, Mark, Luther and John; that Eve was created from an apple; and that the stories which Jesus told were called parodies.

Eighty to ninety percent of the students could not complete the most familiar quotations from Scripture.

The teacher, Thayer S. Warshaw, was understandably upset and rightly asked: “Is the student to study mythology and Shakespeare and not the Bible? Is it important for him to learn what it means when a man is called an Adonis or a Romeo, yet unimportant for him to be able to tell a Jonah from a Judas?”

This writer’s heart is with that teacher and all who are awake enough to see that the Bible is disappearing more and more from American life. How can we expect anything but juvenile delinquency, the rapid general rise in the crime rate, the growing divorce rate, increasing dishonesty at every level of business and social life -— how can we expect anything but these conditions when the Bible is flaunted and despised? This departure from the Word of God is bound to get us deeper and deeper into trouble.

But whatever the conditions about you, you may have the joy and peace and light that comes from that Blessed Book. The Bible tells us frankly that “all have sinned” (Rom.3:23) and that “the wages of sin is death” (Rom.6:23) since a just God must deal with sin. Ah, but it tells us also that “Christ died for our sins” (ICor.15:3), and that the believer may have “peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom.5:1).

Read the Bible, especially the Epistles of Paul, who was raised up to proclaim “the gospel [good news] of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24). You will never cease to thank God for having given your attention to this wonderful Book.

OH I weep for the youth of My America........

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement