Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Should Christians celebrate Halloween?

Author Topic: Should Christians celebrate Halloween?
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Cheyenne was little, I didn't bring her out on halloween and one day a friend of mine from church got a foster child and asked me to go out with them so I reluctantly did because I wasn't sure at that time if I was right in not letting my daughter go. All night, I had a bad feeling about it and I never went again because I knew God was giving me discernment that night.

I have given out candy with tracks. It was funny because my neighbor wasn't Christian and she told me someone gave her son a religious junk and I told her I did. She threw it out but I still that people need to be told or else they never know. However, I don't give out candy anymore.

My church wants to encourage parents to keep their children from celebrating halloween and since many parents do it anyway, they decided to start having a harvest party. Kids dress up but any bad costumes such as those already mentioned in other posts, are not allowed. The kids play games and each parent brings a bag of candy which gets evenly dispersed into paper lunch bags and handed out at the end of the night. This way, kids are not participating yet having fun and learning about God at the same time.

For the teens, we put together adults in the church as drivers and one woman put together a scavenger hunt. We would get a clue at church and separate all of the teens into cars until everyone has a ride. Then, we have to figure out the clues and drive to another location (church member's houses uses) and do an activity there like run around a trailer a couple of times or make 3 baskets in a basketball hoop and then we get another clue and the first ones back at the church get a prize. Sometimes they will set up a car with four ways on which has bonus points just to see if anyone would stop and help others. It wasn't halloween oriented at all, but kept kids from participating in halloween. It was lots of fun.

I only recommend this though because other wise many of these children may have been allowed to go to trick or treating and I definitely don't agree with participating because it's an evil day.

The only thing I allow my daughter to do is carve a Christian pumpkin. That is what we call it. She will put crosses and Jesus and things that are used as a witness. Pumpkins were created to scare away evil, well only God can do that so we have Christian ones.

Also, I live in area where there is a lot of witches and they put spells on people and areas during this time of year especially which is another reason why I don't want my child out. That night is filled with demonic activity and I don't want my daughter any where around that atmosphere.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian Warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grams:
Christian Warrior Thank you !
I did not read your web.... really just a quick look and your post the same, but I have to say I was being wishy washey with my last post...
I have to say I really want nothing to do with this night what so ever !!!
I can remember when I was not saved and handing out candy, and seen the children taking the tracks they had and getting rid of them.... some of them even said what junk !
So I will stand firm on this issue....
I want no part of this day.
I have not passed any thing out since we [me and my husband]
were saved.
I know 2 of our children do not also !
Thanks for waking me up , I was beginng to soften up on this issue........

Your welcome Grams, and I trust I can count on you to wake me up if I ever struggle. [youpi]

Love In Christ
CW [wiggle7] [thumbsup2] [Wink]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We have to respect your convictions for you and your family Grams. [thumbsup2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Warrior Thank you !
I did not read your web.... really just a quick look and your post the same, but I have to say I was being wishy washey with my last post...
I have to say I really want nothing to do with this night what so ever !!!
I can remember when I was not saved and handing out candy, and seen the children taking the tracks they had and getting rid of them.... some of them even said what junk !
I have not passed any thing out since we [me and my husband]
were saved.
I know 2 of our children do not also !
Thanks for waking me up , I was beginng to soften up on this issue........

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all know the dangers of a traditional Halloween. An imperfect world is all around and we have to think of ways to defeat its motives.

Why should we hide in a corner and let the devil overtake Halloweeen? If churches want to have a party on that day to keep the kids off the streets, that is a great idea. If some of us choose to pray for the children as they come to the door, that is also a great idea.

However, some may be convicted not to particpate Personally, I was convicted not to decorate anymore, but I am not going to feel condemned for passing out treats, while saying a prayer within my own spirit for each child.

Maybe that would be the only prayer these children will ever have throughout their lives. The devil is not going to defeat me with his idea of a celebration.

I cannot judge others who have their own convictions.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to condemn God's servants? They are responsible to the Lord, so let him tell them whether they are right or wrong. The Lord's power will help them do as they should.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

You might want to sit down for this ,hon, but I actually agree with you. Years ago Churches realized that kids and youth are going to do something on Halloween. Many Churches set up parties as an alternative to Halloween. Most parents would rather have their kids at a Church party then wonder what kind of trouble they are getting into with a party that might include drugs, alcohol and sex.

I live in an apartment and kids are going to knock on the door. Better to give them candy and a Christian track then give them the idea that God hates for kids to have fun. As far as doing it another night, when else am I going to have a time when a hundred children will show up at my door. Why not use this one time a year to share the love of Christ with children, I will never see again. I think we should take a day that might be meant for bad and turn it into a day to be a blessing for God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christian Warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Adv.Christian:
[Cross] Personally I believe too much emphasis is being placed on a day. Rather it is SHORTEND always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

You have made your point well, however it seems to be the same point that I hear from all who wont accept the Truth. The Truth is Evil, Witchcraft, and Satanism is VERY REAL. Oct. 31st their spiritual warriors are in full force and will steal many souls. We as Christians do not have the availability to play into the Devils foolish game of "Oh I dont do it for the wrong reasons, I do it for the Joyful reasons" that is frankly a load of Hogwash. I believe the reason for that justification is guilt and selfishness. Guilt for already have been doing what we now know is wrong, and selfishness because we dont want to give up our so called holiday, even if it goes against what the bible teaches us.
I say this with complete and utter love. Do not post anything that is not for the righteousness of God and claim it to be good. It is not. Read this link fully http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/halloween.html . If you still dont get it buy the DVD. Still dont get it Google the words Christian Halloween and read, read, read. God is not wrong my friends, and you need to choose which side you are going to stand for.

Love in Christ
CW

Amen Christian Warrior. Christians have become experts over the years at rationalizing participation in worldly traditions and celebrations. Adding "Christian" elements in order to justify it, doesn't wash. In fact, I think that makes it even worse. Seems a great insult to our Lord.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian Warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adv.Christian:
[Cross] Personally I believe too much emphasis is being placed on a day. Rather it is SHORTEND always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

You have made your point well, however it seems to be the same point that I hear from all who wont accept the Truth. The Truth is Evil, Witchcraft, and Satanism is VERY REAL. Oct. 31st their spiritual warriors are in full force and will steal many souls. We as Christians do not have the availability to play into the Devils foolish game of "Oh I dont do it for the wrong reasons, I do it for the Joyful reasons" that is frankly a load of Hogwash. I believe the reason for that justification is guilt and selfishness. Guilt for already have been doing what we now know is wrong, and selfishness because we dont want to give up our so called holiday, even if it goes against what the bible teaches us.
I say this with complete and utter love. Do not post anything that is not for the righteousness of God and claim it to be good. It is not. Read this link fully http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/halloween.html . If you still dont get it buy the DVD. Still dont get it Google the words Christian Halloween and read, read, read. God is not wrong my friends, and you need to choose which side you are going to stand for.

Love in Christ
CW

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Personally I believe too much emphasis is being placed on a day. Rather it is Halloween or Christmas or Thanksgiving Day or any other day of the year God is our center. As to should Christians participate in Halloween allow me to ask this question. How are we to spread the love of God if we exclude ourselves from contact with people? I agree with the statement that we should avoid evil but quite frankly there is nothing evil about the joy a child has by going out in the neighborhood and trick or treating. As Christians the adults understand the history of “All Hallows Eve” however just because we know the meaning dose not inferred that we are celebrating the fact. We are to stand as lights among the world but we can not in turn hide that light under a basket by with drawing from the rest of society and claiming it is because it is evil. The fact is if as Christians we began to with draw ourselves from all things that are evil we certainly will not get the opportunity to spread God’s Word to those whom need it most. Brothers and Sisters we are expected and commanded to go out into the world and spread God’s Word and to do that we must interact with people in a manner where they do not miss interpret the Christian faith. As Christians there is only one thing you need ask yourselves. If you go out on Halloween would you find yourself celebrating “All Hallows Eve” or would you be enjoying the fellowship with people in a relaxed surrounding and manage top be taking the opportunity to further the Word of God? I hope my inept attempt to place this into words has made since to all; in any case as always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hyper] [Eek!]

I do hope I am being understood !
I am of course not judging any one..
[[[In fact if we had the money I would make up bags, with tracks and things children like ! so they would know were they received it, from a Christian person, which must be pretty good , so maybe they will take a good look at the tracks... ]]]
The reason I am being negative is I need to learn a lot, and maybe some one else will see that who is new to the word of God. And I needed the help and I in turn would like to help others.
We can do this stuff, but need to keep in mind God! Like pray with out ceasing... And keep God in your thoughts all the time....
[wave3] [Cool]

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedeemTheTime
Community Member
Member # 5161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedeemTheTime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do plan on giving tracts with candy if any come to my door not because they would think God is mean but that is all they know and understand and they will accept a tract along with the candy. The trinket idea is awesome! Thank you for that.:-)
Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

You just don't get it ? I don't think ?

Why not have that on another day !
With a different idea .... Celebrating
God ! Christ ! Lord ! Jesus !

I put the verse down, we are able to do every thing.

But the choice is yours... I am not your judge..

I am just trying to show you we need to get into
God more then we are !
We need to show our children we are not of this world !!!
We just live in it at this time....
We give God all the glory !!!
But to celebrate with the unsaved, is not the way to go..
Witches and ghost devils, they belong to the king of the this world, earth..... which is
the old trickster, satan the one and only !

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grams said to BORN AGAIN something like "what does music have to do with it (with Halloween)"?

Well, if Christians wanted to have a costume party and play Christian CDs all evening while they danced to the LORD God of Israel by His Holy Spirit ("I will dance like David danced").

It could be a fun thing. I don't go places because I don't want to hear the Devil's music. But if a place had Christian music and dancing and costume party (one year I was a tree which never moved or spoke back, and I won at our house's own party--they did not know it was me).

But now I would require that only Christian music be played all night, either with a live Christian band or Christian CDs of our choosing (Twila Paris, Brooklynn Tabernacle Choir are some of my favorites), I could rejoice and dance at that (as in "exercise is indeed profitable for the body" ("but knowledge of God is better").

So I could go to a Christian Music Only Halloween? That's what I meant.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
WWGD

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on getting some tracts to give children with the candy, but if you just give something without the candy, they will get mad and throw it out. I honestly do not think giving children candy is going to make them turn to witchcraft, but not giving candy is to make children think God is mean.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

W.W.G.D.

--------------------

Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I will give the kids candy that come to my door and tell them Jesus loves them.
betty

http://achristiancounselor.com/christms.html

Hello Texasgrandma. As much as I agree Jesus does love all these kids, I do think maybe handing out something that tells them that would be a great way to Glorify Christ.
The Christian Bookstore by me has something called Pocket Crosses. It is a Cross trinket that comes with an incredible message. This is what I will be handing out. BTW they are about 30 cents each. Well worth it.
Remember Texasgrandma we can always show Love in Godly ways.

Love in Christ
CW [thumbsup2]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I will give the kids candy that come to my door and tell them Jesus loves them.
betty

http://achristiancounselor.com/christms.html

--------------------

Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

quote:
Hello Christian Warrior,

I have posted your web in two other forums, and
I am having trouble all ready, on the first day..
And its Christans people!
I think there are just so many different kinds of Christians, and the ones who oppose this, I think are the ones who pull our there bible / or go to church, when they feel they have trouble, or Christmas is coming or Easter...
I was there once , so I know ! First hand....
Thanks again C.W. [Big Grin] [wave3]

Grams, allot of the resistance you get from people, is from guilt. Most people Christians and non, at one time probably participated in the acknowledgement of Santa for their kids.

People would rather sugar coat it and say it is a harmless fun thing for children. Even when they now know the truth it makes it easier to justify. The truth is The Truth and all Gods children will have an ear that will hear it. How they respond is not always a reflection of what it is they know, as much as a reflection of guilt for not knowing.

Keep up the good fight Grams. [thumbsup2] [clap2]

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Hello Christian Warrior,

I have posted your web in two other forums, and
I am having trouble all ready, on the first day..
And its Christans people!
I think there are just so many different kinds of Christians, and the ones who oppose this, I think are the ones who pull our there bible / or go to church, when they feel they have trouble, or Christmas is coming or Easter...
I was there once , so I know ! First hand....
Thanks again C.W. [Big Grin] [wave3]

--------------------

Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

quote:
Hello Born Again,

You said!
quote:

Well, I don't go there anymore because the music band plays rock&roll and other non-Christian music, but if the Halloween party only played Christian music exclusively, then I might go!

Can you tell me please what does the music have to do with it ?
They sure do not go together ...
Its not God's celebration so why put Christian music with it.....
Its of the world "people", not of God.....

AMEN I say to Grams.

This day of Oct. 31st is a very evil day. It comes from a Pagan, and Satanic day of celebration. Yes the spirit world is a vry real thing, and Yes Oct. 31st is the day that the evil spirits are in full force, recruiting many lost souls to Satans side. Well my Christian brothers and sisters I truly feel that we need to be on the Front Line fighting the battle for the Lord. We need to be on our knees praying for this world, Christian and Secular, we need to pray for the people who are suffering Satans supression.
My Brothers and Sisters this is no Joke, No we are not to go to Halloween Parites, No its not OK to just decorate our houses a little bit, No its not ok to just go trick or treat around the block, and NO its not Ok to go to a party if they play Christian music. We are on the battlefront line that day, and you cant serve two sides. So you pick, will you play around with things of Satan and just say its not against God, or will you fight for the Lord and Shun these things from the enemy, spend 7 days in Prayer and pray for those who have fallen to the ways of this world.
My Christian Brothers and Sisters, we are not of this world and we shall not participate in things that are not of God. Do not try and sugar coat it, do not try and justify a moderate proportion of it. We need to battle hard and show others when things are not right.

Love in Christ Always,
CW [thumbsup2]

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Hello Born Again,

You said!
quote:

Well, I don't go there anymore because the music band plays rock&roll and other non-Christian music, but if the Halloween party only played Christian music exclusively, then I might go!

Can you tell me please what does the music have to do with it ?
They sure do not go together ...
Its not God's celebration so why put Christian music with it.....
Its of the world "people", not of God.....

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear MySavingGrace, you write
quote:
what do you mean by the weird?
Assuming this is addressed to me, Halloween tends to celebrate "scary things", although at our Halloween parties before I became a Christian people came as trees and with gold hair and, as dracula and as the devil in a red cape and as a skeleton, and we even had a coffin that we rented, in the lobby, to have oneself photographed in the coffin--photos could later be bought for a fee.

[happyhappy] [thumbsup2]

I am born again by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you mean by the weird?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Ph'p:2:14: Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Ph'p:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Halloween? is like a lot of things in life.
God would have us take part in His word.
None of us are good. But we can try to do as
He asks us.
1Th:4:1: Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
If you feel some thing is wrong, well what can I say... We do not judge , only God does...

Ro:5:20: Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

We are alway's covered ! But some times we over
do... We have to know were .. and keep in Gods word.. like the song goes... " I'm just a sinner saved by Grace...... [hyper]

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Christians should not participate in Halloween, except maybe if they played Christian CDs only at the Halloween party, then I could go.

But for the unsaved it is also an exercise into who can be the weirdest, and the LORD YHWH and the Lord Yahshua-Jesus are not into weird. I don't think the word "weird" is IN the Bible.

They are instead full of grace and truth and not into weirdness. The Devil is into weirdness to keep his people "happy" the Devil thought up Halloween.

Halloween is also not a feast day in the Bible..

Did anyone in the Bible ever hold a party?
[thumbsup2]

So I shall go forth in Jesus's Name by not participating in Halloween. It's not in the Bible.

God bless, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

C. W. Say's....

quote:
Let me know what you think Grams, and welcome again.
Hello, Thank you ! Nice to be here.
I had a idea it would be like that !
My son does preaching in Wisc. on Creation.
and a few years ago he sent me some thing like that.
It was about half of that, and I can see it is going to be even better reading, it seems to go deeper into it all..
Thanks for the web. I will get to it soon. It would be nice to post that all around the world, for all to see !
Thank you [Big Grin]

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to you both, and an Amen!!

Romans 1:
16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23: And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

God bless your hearts for Christ, and your stand for the Faith.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

quote:
C.W. said
quote:
It is a hard subject to address.Much like the subject of X-mas and Satan.ooops I mean Santa Claus instead if CHRISTmas and Jesus.
The rule of thumb I try to live by is if it (Does not Glorify the Lord, Don't Glorify It.) Amen

Yes that is what I feel..X-mas, I see Satan now each time I see that guy in the red suit..
As far as I can see he can have that day any way.
It's not realy the birth day of Jesus....
More like Sept... some time.
As you can see I am new here also ..
I'll welcome you and you can welcome me
[hyper] [pound] [wave3]

Welcome Grams. Yes I do believe Santa is Satan and hides behind the wants and desires of children. He distracts them from the real meaning of christmas. This site is an awesome refrence as to why it makes sense. They go a little overboard on some of these but the point is well made. http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/santa.html
Let me know what you think Grams, and welcome again. [Wink] [thumbsup2] [wave3]

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

C.W. said
quote:
It is a hard subject to address.Much like the subject of X-mas and Satan.ooops I mean Santa Claus instead if CHRISTmas and Jesus.
The rule of thumb I try to live by is if it (Does not Glorify the Lord, Don't Glorify It.) Amen

Yes that is what I feel..X-mas, I see Satan now each time I see that guy in the red suit..
As far as I can see he can have that day any way.
It's not realy the birth day of Jesus....
More like Sept... some time.
As you can see I am new here also ..
I'll welcome you and you can welcome me
[hyper] [pound] [wave3]

--------------------

Christian Warrior
Community Member
Member # 5174

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I am still a little confused about children going door to door at Halloween.. When I was small there seem to be no problem with children of Christian parents trick or treating. It just didn't seem to be an issue or was never even mentioned.

I had no problem with my own children trick or treating either. It is just within the last couple of years that I have become aware of the possible dangers by being on message boards.

I used to decorate my house just a bit with a electric lighted pumpkin in the window , or have orange and black balloons outside,with possibly adding a fake ghost. I don't do that anymore.

Still, if kids come to the door trick or treating, I will give them treats.

The Bible says that if a believer is not aware that certain areas are a sin, they are not sinning.

To me, little kids are coming to our door just for treats; they don't care about witches or goblins. If the parents feel in their heart that it shouldn't be done, they shouldn't let their children to it, because their children have now become educated in the possible dangers of Halloween.

I am certainly not saying that I am right. I guess I have to question if any or all of these practices open the door for the devil and his crafty devices.

I just had a thought. The Lord says that we should do everything to his glory. Maybe we should kick the devil in the pants and sabotage and overtake his celebration by praying over our treats so that every child who receives them is blessed.

Hello, I just wanted you to know it was this post that caught my eye and encouraged me to register and join this board.
I have an 8 year old son 13 year old step-son, and a 15 yr. old step daughter. I have had to wrestle this issue in the past quite a few times. I do feel that Halloween should not be celebrated. I feel that it is our obligation as Christian Parents to educate our kids about why Halloween should not be celebrated. This day I feel should be the day that Christians spend in Prayer and Worship. This is an evil day and to recognize it in any form of glory is not what I feel my Father wants.
The rule of thumb I try to live by is if it (Does not Glorify the Lord, Don't Glorify It.) Amen and I look forward to many more conversations. God Bless. [rapture]

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still a little confused about children going door to door at Halloween.. When I was small there seem to be no problem with children of Christian parents trick or treating. It just didn't seem to be an issue or was never even mentioned.

I had no problem with my own children trick or treating either. It is just within the last couple of years that I have become aware of the possible dangers by being on message boards.

I used to decorate my house just a bit with a electric lighted pumpkin in the window , or have orange and black balloons outside,with possibly adding a fake ghost. I don't do that anymore.

Still, if kids come to the door trick or treating, I will give them treats.

The Bible says that if a believer is not aware that certain areas are a sin, they are not sinning.

To me, little kids are coming to our door just for treats; they don't care about witches or goblins. If the parents feel in their heart that it shouldn't be done, they shouldn't let their children to it, because their children have now become educated in the possible dangers of Halloween.

I am certainly not saying that I am right. I guess I have to question if any or all of these practices open the door for the devil and his crafty devices.

I just had a thought. The Lord says that we should do everything to his glory. Maybe we should kick the devil in the pants and sabotage and overtake his celebration by praying over our treats so that every child who receives them is blessed.

Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Hope I am posting in the right place ?
I feel my self Halloween? is off bonds for a
Christian, I heard on the radio a preacher saying,
He is not giving Halloween to Satin , and is taking part in it... that sounds two sided to me.
Because its just every thing God has Satin is a copy cat at.
I want no part.
Our children are grown now, so I do not have that to worry about.
I know some people from our church hand out track .. to the children who come to there door.
I guess that would be a good idea !
I just want no part !!!

--------------------

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should Christians participate in Halloween?

I judge no one. This just information I gathered.

Sorry this is long. It is from Christian Answers.net

The October 31st holiday that we today know as Halloween has strong roots in paganism and is closely connected with worship of the Enemy of this world, Satan. It is a holiday that generally glorifies the dark things of this world, rather than the light of Jesus Christ, The Truth.

Have you noticed how costumes and masks are getting generally more bloody, gory, and depraved each year? Unfortunately, the gruesome and grotesque and the occult are increasingly glorified in American society, not only on Halloween, but throughout the year in horror movies and in television programs.

My family does not celebrate it or participate in it. We do not believe that our children are "missing out," and neither do they. Other days are used for costumes and parties. Happily, all of our children have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. We have found that Halloween provides an excellent time to remind our children that, as Christians, we are different, and not of this world (Heb. 11:13-16; 1 Pet. 2:11).

What about church "Harvest Festivals" held on October 31? Although we understand the rational and good intentions behind them, we don't think they are the best approach. Our family tends to agree with the author of an article called "Are 'Harvest Parties' for Christians?" (written by a self-avowed former witch and now active Christian). Harvest parties on October 31 tend to assume that "our children need something to take the place of Halloween, since they won't be participating in the secular and pagan celebrations. It suggests our kids are missing out on something. And indeed they are, if we allow them to spend Halloween in celebration." There are better things to do on Halloween than partying.

Also, we need to teach our children that "the fight isn't against occultists, non-Christians, Christians who feel differently than we about Halloween, or institutions that promote Halloween, but" "against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV).

Relevant scripture on the issue of Halloween and Christians:

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 ("Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.")
James 1:27 ("keep oneself from being polluted by the world")
3 John 11 ("do not imitate what is evil")
Romans 12:9 ("abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.")
Deuteronomy 18:9-14 (do not learn to imitate detestable ways, including spiritists, sorcerers and witchcraft)
Ephesians 5:11-12 ("Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness" / "live as children of light")
1 Timothy 4:1 (don't "follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons")
1 Corinthians 10:21
2 Corinthians 6:14-17 ("what fellowship can light have with darkness?")
Philippians 4:8 (think about pure, lovely, noble things)
1 Corinthians 11:1 ("follow the example of Christ")
1 Corinthians 10:31 ("whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God")
James 4:7-8 (submit yourselves to God / resist the devil / purify your hearts)
Ezekiel 44:23 ("...teach my people... to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.")
Proverbs 22:6 ("train a child in the way he should go")
Matthew 18:6 ("if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin...")
Hosea 4:6 ("My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.")
John 3:19-20 (people love darkness instead of light)
Romans 13:12 ("put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.")
Ephesians 6:11-18 ("take your stand against the devil's schemes.")
1 John 5:19
2 Chronicles 7:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are "Harvest Parties" for Christians?
originally published in the Colorado Christian News, October 1995
(author's name not published)

"What are you doing for Halloween?" Ask a Christian parent this question, and be prepared to hear an answer like, "Nothing! We don't celebrate Halloween." Thunder crashes, and you creep away, embarassed for even asking.

"What are you doing ON Halloween?" Ask the same parent this slightly altered question, and their whole manner and response brightens. "Why," they begin, as birds begin to sing and sunshine breaks through the cumulus clouds. "We're all going to the Harvest Party at church!" A choir sings. A trumpet sounds. You feel privileged just knowing these saints.

Let's take a look at the typical Harvest Party.

It is a celebration.
It is chaperoned (usually).
It may have costumes.
Games are played.
Contests are held.
Food abounds.
Music blares.
Everyone enjoys themselves.
Certainly, nothing to get concerned about, right? The problem, however, lies in the billing. The Harvest Party is usually referred to as the Christian alternative to traditional Halloween hijinx. Alternative, however, implies substitute. It assumes our children need something to take the place of Halloween, since they won't be participating in the secular and pagan celebrations. It suggests our kids are missing out on something. And indeed they are, if we allow them to spend Halloween in celebration.

If we are to train our children to be soldiers in the army of Christ, why would we sign a pass for them to go on leave when the battle is escalating on the front lines?

As a child of four, I contacted the first of many spirit guides (read: demons) while playing with a Kindergarten classmates' ouija board at a chaperoned Halloween party. This spiritual assault ignited an intrigue with the supernatural that culminated in my lifestyle as a practicing witch: divination, necromancy, channeling, astrology, psychic ability, and spell working. It wasn't until I was twenty that I met the real Jesus Christ, and was released from the trap that Satan had set for this young prisoner of war sixteen years earlier.

There are too many casualities on Halloween and far too few troops fighing the enemy. Instead of partying on Halloween, teach your children how to fight. Keep them aware that the fight isn't against occultists, non-Christians, Christians who feel differently than we about Halloween, or institutions that promote Halloween, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers or darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

How do we teach our children to wrestle spiritually?

Discourage them from participating in traditional Halloween activities (2 Timothy 2:4). Then tell them why.

Encourage them to pray on a regular, daily basis (Ephesians 6:1. Let them know first hand the power that we have in prayer. All Christians should know how to fight on their knees.

Remind them to be alert and self-controlled (1 Corinthians 16:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:6). Give them the discipline of knowing it is their responsibility to keep watch. They, themselves, might also become casualties in the war.

Make certain they are prepared for battle (Ephesians 6:11). Do they know the truth? Stand on the Word of God? Have faith? Know the gospel? Are they righteous? Are they saved?...

Instead of celebrating, what's a Christian to do on Satan's feast day? PRAY! Intercession and spiritual warfare should be the first item on our agenda. It is NOT a last resort!

Join with other families in the church. Have the pastor announce a night of spiritual battle. Organize a group of Christians parents and students from your children's school or homeschool group. As a family, designate the seven nights before October 31 as Family Prayer Outreach nights.

Pray for protection. Pray over both those who engage in prayer warfare and over those who will be out trick-or-treating or at Halloween parties. October 31 is a prime recruiting time for witches and Satanists....and a time for interested kids to experiment. Pray that the Lord keeps our kids from falling prey to those who worship the enemy.

Pray for discernment. Let the Holy Spirit direct you to specific prayer requests. Pray that the children who are "out there" will somehow "know" to keep away from certain activities. I have relatives who, even though they were not Christians, "knew" that ouija boards and levitation games were dangerous.

Pray that the Lord hinder the occult rituals. For four years, I lived in a building which over looked a cemetery where occult ceremonial markings were often found. ON certain occult feast days, usually between midnight and 3am, I would look down into the darkness and kneel at my window binding the demons that controlled the ceremonies. I'll never know this side of heaven what effect my prayers had. Maybe a potential sacrifice escaped. Maybe the occultists weren't successful in summoning their demon. Maybe a new, young recruit decided that this was not the lifestyle he thought he wanted.

Pray for the salvation of the occultists. Jesus Christ died for those whom Satan holds captive and deceived, for those who mock Him, who deny His deity or His existence. He doesn't want them to perish, but to come to Him calling Him Father, Lord. Pray the veil is lifted from their eyes, the Lord allows them to see clearly their spiritual condition and their only hope lies in Jesus Christ. Pray also, about whether the Lord would have you take a more active role in bringing the gospel to Satan's servants.

Let your children know that this is effective warfare. They must know their prayers are heard and acted on by our Father. Let them know they can make a difference. Come October 31, they'll know they have a job to do.

www.ChristianAnswers.Net

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement