Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD

Author Topic: LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eduaardo, you always have such blessings to share! Even in times of personal loss. THank you. Your post and your prayer is so right on target and it is often difficult today to keep things in this "right" perspective, but we must and we must encourage others to do so as well and you have.

I am sorry for your family's earthly loss, but what a blessing and time of joy as well to know that our loved ones go on to be with Jesus!

God Bless, keep and comfort you and your house.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedeemTheTime
Community Member
Member # 5161

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RedeemTheTime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your post on this topic...AMEN! You encouraged me and hopefully many others as well.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am persuaded by faith at heart to bring this. In Matt 8:21-22 it says "AND ANOTHER DISCIPLE said unto Him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father, BUT JESUS said to him, FOLLOW me and let the dead bury their dead.

The world is dying! The people who do not accept, comes to term with, or recognize JESUS for who He claim he is are consider dead or better spoken "the separated ones" lacking the eternal connection to the Saviour. CHRISTIANS need to priortorize their lives in terms of the living gospel. THEY need to witness with their talents, vocations, and abiding love. (read Mark 16:15:1-8)

In the mind of a Jew, (Of which I am one) the patriach (father) is consider the most important part of the family. Eventhough all life is sacred. The middle east of today still recognize the place of the woman and of the man. It is interesting to me that out of all the dead that is spoken of in the bible the part of the family is used is the FATHER. Men thrive on their egotistical position and at times they recognize themselves sort of a god figure. LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD!!!!!! Jesus knew that following Him was a great sacrifice and is the highest priority for all men, women and children. RETURNING to the dead is recognizing the control the world has on that person and the finite limit of the earthly body.And not recognizig the eternal hope.

Throughout the bible we are reminded that this body is subject to decay and to rot whether in the grave or in the dust. From ashes to ashes, from dust to dust the earthly body will die if not prevented by the Lord's coming (read 2 Thess 4:13-18)

I have read, heard and watched the media avaible today. The obsession of man to pull the dead things out of the ground. We need not to put so much value on the dead. Imagine-if we memorialize each and every dead person and created thing around are we then WORSHIPPING THE CREATION AND NOT THE CREATOR? (read EXO. 20) Or are we so blinded by the loss that we neglect that so great salvation?

LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD-FOLLOW HIM, IN EVERYTHING YOU DO! NOT JUST ON SUNDAYS OR SABBATH DAYS BUT EACH AND EVERYDAY. BE ALIVE REFLECTING THE RISEN SAVIOUR.

Recently, My brother in law had passed about a week ago, all what he said to my sister before he died was this, "I DON'T THINK I WILL SURVIVE ANOTHER DAY, PLEASE GET THE GRANDCHILDREN". This in itself I believe was a sign from God himself. Due to restraints I could not attend the funeral, but my sister told me, don't worry Eddie-the dead will bury the dead but in my heart the memories are alive.And in the eternal promise of Yeshua will this all make sense Quite a statement for a lady widowed for the second time. THEY ARE BORN AGAIN as I am! Death had no victory in his spirit. He went to the Lord.

If we can reach the dying for Jesus, we must do it before the last breath and not after. The bible states, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"- After death comes a judgement. And Jesus is that Judge. ALL DEAD THINGS ARE SEPARATED FROM THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD.

ONLY THE SPIRIT OF MAN LIVES ON EITHER IN HEAVEN OR ETERNAL HELL. ( READ JOHN 3 AND 2 THESS 1:8-9)

WE MUST BE VIGILENT IN OUR WALK WITH HIM. BECAUSE WE ARE THE WORLD'S BIBLE! WE MUST WIN THE LOST AT ANY COST. AFTER ALL WE HAVE ETERNAL ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.

Dearest Lord,
Please help me to put the correct perspective on life and the value of life. Help me and all christians to win the lost at any cost O Lord Jesus- selah. The world is dying at a fast speed. Lord make alive your witnesses, make alive the true meaning of your salvation message- help us to comfort those who have no comfort. make alive those who know the truth. Let us come alive in You Lord.
In Jesus' name Amen

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement