Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Of Seeds and other Myths (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Of Seeds and other Myths
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If some in the audience thinks that AMH is at it again with the “laugh” then think again-

Just what do you think that He that sitteth in the heaven is doing and why, (Psalm 2:4)?

(Are the bands a little too tight? Maybe a diet would help. I suggest you eat only of the Lord and leave off the sugar coating. There is that nasty sweet tooth again. Someday we will have to pull it. By the roots.)

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we are at it-

There is a very good example of “Christian” dissecting that needs to be mentioned.

How much money would you give for a house beautifully built using all the modern furnishings. Oh did I for get to mention that the house has absolutely no foundation?

That is what certain “believers” here at the BBS want you to buy. They barter the New Testament void of the Old Testament.

What a laugh.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

BORN AGAIN,

That you believe your immunity is sure, (concerning the mythology) I would extend for a short space…………………………………………………………………………………

The Bible does sometimes make allowances for the archaic. There is the antiquated story of Saul before he became King-

I Samuel 9:9 gives the word “seer” as being out dated.

How did this obsolescence come to be?

As the people were given more light the term in question, “seer” fell out of favor for the more robust “prophet”.

The term “seer” landed thus in the domain of the other side so to speak.

And the other side was happy to have it.

In medieval times and before the “seer” had certain methods of obtaining future information. Example-

Specific animals would be dissected with the intent of prophesying based on what the “seer” could determine from its entrails.

The important part, (at least the part that I would have) is that of the dissection.

It does not really matter what the focus of the analysis is. What matters is the dissection.

Example-

Residing in the U.S. government is the high and lofty Supreme Court. Even today its importance is being stressed.

The argument is upon how it, (the Supreme Court) will go about dissecting the Constitution of the United States.

If the Supreme Court dissects the Constitution in a certain way then it, (the Supreme Court) will “see” abortion on demand.

Christians are not immune to this type of behavior. They dissect the Word in order to “see” what they want to “see”.

AMH

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH, this one is for you:
quote:
John 16:29
His disciples said to Him, Look, now you speak plainly, and speak no proverbs.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Carmela,

OK, like most of the other perfectos you may not appreciate my humidor. But really, you do not get what helpforhomeschoolers is doing with the Word? (Maybe your bible school is also home based, I never thought of that, sorry.) So I’ll SPLAIN it to you, without any slang if that is acceptable-

helpforhomeschoolers only brings the part that helps their cause, not the whole story. Ezekiel most definitely preaches that a person can lose their salvation.

Did you get that Carmela? Ezekiel preaches against once saved always saved. There is no denying that.

But of course their answer to that one is that you must interpret in light of the New Testament.

Then how come they don’t interpret Haman in light of the New Testament?

Because it does not help their cause. That’s why.

Here at the bottom we call that duplicity. Sorry for the big word, I simply forgot about your alma mater. How about false doctrine. Do you understand that one?

AMH

HisGrace
unregistered

helpforhomeschoolers and I disagree and then we agree to disagree, but oh no we disagree again, but when will we ever give up and agree to disagree - never. [happyhappy]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like HisGrace, she and I agree often. So how can I also often agree with helpforhomechoolers AND HisGrace when helpforhomeschoolers and HisGrace disagree often? I dunno.

We'all gots our favorites, don't we? Sorry, I'm into ebonics tonight.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
I came into this thread because you were ruthlessly belittling Hisgrace. I dont always agree, in fact I rarely agree with Hisgrace and I might even think that she twists a scripture or wrangles it out of context

Whoa, that is getting rather personal don't you think? [Eek!] [Eek!]

quote:
I want to say something about HisGrace for the record.
HisGrace is an honest and sincere person that I respect. AMH

Thanks AMH. Coming from you that's a real compliment. [wave3]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Carmela writes
quote:
but Jesus never spoke a word that no one could understand.
But He did speak in parables so that "hearing they would not understand"

Matthew 13:13
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH I'm in bible school, not math school. [Big Grin] However, I still see nothing wrong with HFHS's quote.

Like the others, I find you hard to understand sometimes. I'm sure glad Jesus didn't make it so hard to understand the truth. In that time, they didn't understand because they didn't know what was going to happen in the future, but Jesus never spoke a word that no one could understand.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

We humans have a sweet tooth for mythology? When I met the living Christ, I gave up mythology. Didn't you, AMH?

I know the heathen like mythology because anything that can make unsaved humans "seem" to be "superior" to all those other "dumber" humans, that's how it is done, to "set oneself off from the crowd" so that perhaps "one gets noticed". That's the devil's way. In the Devil's music bands, the weirder one can look, for instance, the "better".

But not so with the Lord. Mythology is far inferior to the Living Lord and like the devil's movies, books, and ancient history, it all fades into oblivion compared to the Living Christ.

Just "say no" to mythology.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

The reason for the existence of this thread is to point out the fact that we humans have a sweet tooth for mythology, in what ever form you may like.

Mythology seems to be as much a part of our make up as politics. As a matter of fact politics and religion makes much use of mythology for just this very reason.

The peculiar intellect would not be so formidable if he neglected the basic premise of war-

Knowledge of the enemy.

The only group that I can find that so whole heartedly denies its weaknesses is the deceived.

Do you enjoy being a victim?

Until the next thread victor.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

TexasGrandma,

I sincerely want you to know that it is good to hear from you once again. Yes I am still in to it with some here.

If you per chance misread my posting on hiding, it was not a mean meaning, as we must as you so rightly say hide in our Savior. But my meaning was lost on the mean. Even though we may look through a glass darkly someday face to face.

Nothing but kindness to you and yours dear lady.

AMH

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH

You put your self on a pedestal of superior intelligence. I have no intention of knocking you off of your pedestal. Me, I would rather be the most slow thinker in Heaven then the most intelligent person in hell. I have no problem with your self appraisal of intellectual superiority, but I do have a problem with how you look down on others and seek to destroy them with your words that needlessly cause pain to others.
You are arrogant and cruel and this is totally unnecessary. The Lord can bring more sinners to him using the simplest person than he can by someone like you who look down on all as somehow less worthy than yourself. You look down on others, but the truth is most people feel only pity for you. You might want to stop patting your self on the back for your intelligence and began to spend more time on your knees in prayer.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

I want to say something about HisGrace for the record.

HisGrace is an honest and sincere person that I respect.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Maybe you did not see my offer? Maybe you ignore my offer? But my offer stands.

Shall we compare our writings to the Word?

Or is silence really golden?

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The terrible twos, (Caretaker and helpforhomeschoolers) would like very much to have us believe that their way is The Way. First the terrible twos fiddle then they belittle and all the while they whittle. We need not worry as their bark is much and their bite is crutch.
You have the corner around here on fiddling and belittling AMH. I came into this thread because you were ruthlessly belittling Hisgrace. I dont always agree, in fact I rarely agree with Hisgrace and I might even think that she twists a scripture or wrangles it out of context, but no one should have to go through what you were doing to her in this thread and had done to her in another that I saw; it is one thing to attack one's doctine if you can and are willing to substantiate your claim with the Word, that people hear the truth and be moved by the Spirit of God to understand it, but it is quite another to rail against one's person for no other purpose but to puff yourself up in your own perverted mind and hurt them. It was my hope that to encourage you to speak what you had to speak without your railing insults. You have done little else in this thread or any other since being on this board than to insult people. What an absolute tragic waste. Rant to yourself AMH, I will engage with you no longer. I hope no one else does either. You should have the last word that you can officially set stamp and seal upon the documentation of your vain and perverted wisdom for all to see.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH:

English no less. Hurray, I even have in my possession a Bible of all things. And this Bible just so happens to have a standard of its own. What joy.

It claims a standard also. And I can compare your standard to its standard.

Wow. Because of such deviations one of these standards must needs be thrown out.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow for three pages you have been asked to do so, and continued to avoid doing so like the plague.

It would be beneficial to compare belief and practice with the Word of God, with substance, clarity, definition, within context, without obtuse accusation.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Sister Linda and Sister Betty!!

Thank you Linda, and one is in good company when one "hides behind the Word", LOL.

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

Mt 4:4 -
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Mt 4:7 -
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Mt 4:10 -
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mt 11:10 -
For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mt 21:13 -
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mt 26:24 -
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Mt 26:31 -
Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Mr 1:2 -
As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mr 7:6 -
He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Mr 9:12 -
And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Mr 9:13 -
But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

Mr 11:17 -
And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mr 14:21 -
The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

Mr 14:27 -
And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

Lu 3:4 -
As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Lu 4:4 -
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Lu 4:8 -
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Lu 7:27 -
This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Lu 19:46 -
Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Lu 24:46 -
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Joh 6:31 -
Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

Joh 6:45 -
It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Joh 8:17 -
It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Lets face it God's Word stands, and all who follow Christ Jesus our Lord must honor His Word in their hearts and in their lives. The fruit of the Brethren will be judged against the Word.

2 Tim. 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

May God so bless His precious children, our beloved Brethren in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Terrible Twos,

Your standards are just too high for me. I give up in disgrace!

But wait-

God did give me the ability to read-

English no less. Hurray, I even have in my possession a Bible of all things. And this Bible just so happens to have a standard of its own. What joy.

It claims a standard also. And I can compare your standard to its standard.

Wow. Because of such deviations one of these standards must needs be thrown out.

(Would you two be willing to compare what you have written with the standard in the Bible and take the consequences meeted out in the Biblical way? If you will I will.)

AMH

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are My Hiding Place
Words and Music by Michael Ledner
© 1981 Maranatha! Music
Psalm 32:7
"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah."

You are my hiding place,
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance.
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
I will trust in You.
Let the weak say I am strong in the strength of my Lord.

(repeat 3 times)

(tag)
I will trust in You!
------------------------------------

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the agenda is that you hide behind the Word
ha ha ha ! Well, Praise God at least we now know that your are hinding in the right place Drew! If one is going to hide at least he should be hid in the right place!!!!!

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

You gotta love God - The enemy seeks to use one to curse His people and all they can do is bless!

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

That was really good AMH!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarity. Definition. Substance.

It is the Enemy who detests the Word.

It is the predator who becomes most frantic when cornered.

Romans 8:
1: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32: He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33: Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34: Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

No, the agenda is that you hide behind the Word. But the curtain is being drawn. What is that shaking? Look! Even now your knees are showing.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH:

Caretaker,

You have been here a long time as your “number” indicates. So you drop the mask first.

Caretaker:

No mask here Hermie. Those here who have known me for the last 5 years, know where I am, who I am, and that I always have a consistant stand for God's Word and eternal truth.

Unlike yourself I do not hide behind obscure references and obtuse invective.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AMH:

Do not pretend with me. You have an agenda that I do not appreciate as is clear to everyone here. It is you that hides. You hide behind the very mask that your last posting is.

AMH

Caretaker:

The "agenda" which you are so uncomfortable with, and which you have sought to avoid for three pages, is a repeated call for clarity, definition, substance, substantiation. It is a desire for you to take a stand for ONCE instead of typing railing accusations.

You continue to skirt around the issues which you reference, and you seem most desireous of criticising others without claerly defining the reasons for your attacks.

It is not God who brings railing acusations against the Brethren.

It is not the Word which brings railing accusations against Believers and Followers of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:

9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11: Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Define your concerns with clarity, substantiation from the Word, with merit and definition, and a positive dicussion can begin.

Continue with railing accusations against the Brethren based upon obtuse observations, and your credibility will continue to be undermined and your motives questioned.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Caretaker,

You have been here a long time as your “number” indicates. So you drop the mask first.

Do not pretend with me. You have an agenda that I do not appreciate as is clear to everyone here. It is you that hides. You hide behind the very mask that your last posting is.

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Well Hermie you have posted three pages of obtuse invective, and have yet to post with any semblence of clarity or substance.

Is it your deep and abiding fear that if you were EVER to post with clarity, that the facade of theological superiority would be broken and your misinterpretations revealed?

My God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Creator and Sustainer, the Savior, the Justifier, the Sanctifier, YHWH the Father, YHWH the Son, YHWH the Comforter and revealer of all Truth.

MY GOD IS NOT MASKED BUT REVEALED FROM HIS WORD!!

If you ever choose to speak with clarity, substance, substantiation, then maybe someday you might be of some benefit to the Body of Christ, AME.

Maybe someday you can drop your facade and seek a true discussion of God's Word, and a Believer's faith and practice.

2 Timothy 2:22-26

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Carmela,

I know that it is hard for you to keep up since school was such a force. But you only have to add two plus two, since math was not so keen why did you not focus on the Eng? Ignorance begs us endure the slang. One step closer and I would think that you are mad. But why since you fain unknowing discourse?

Of course I only jest.

The terrible twos, (Caretaker and helpforhomeschoolers) would like very much to have us believe that their way is The Way. First the terrible twos fiddle then they belittle and all the while they whittle. We need not worry as their bark is much and their bite is crutch.

Is your question of a serious nature or do we all play games around here?

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Faxcimiletaker,

You should have waited until today to post your masked theurgy, (I know you have a dictionary that you can look that up in). The way that you cut and paste is out of the ordinary. The audience can always count on you to bring more of the other, (other then treats for the rest of your festive band).

Since you are still clinging and clanging to the cloudy heights could you pass a little something to a wee spirit like me?

England was Roman territory once. Then England was Catholic Roman territory. Where did all the king’s men go to when defeat was eminent?

Hint, hint- have you ever heard tell of an underground? (Probably not since sound has such a hard time traveling up, especially to the level that you have attained.)

AMH

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH said:
quote:
(You sign off with the same insipid passage as though you are that prophet. Ezekiel wrote an entire volume, do you quote only what you like? Give us the full Ezekiel not some little tid bit to tide us over until the next great encounter. Do you claim that we are to follow what Ezekiel said or not? If so then boy have you got problems. Why don’t you just drop the Ezekiel stuff while you are ahead?)

AMH what the Heck is this about? First of all, if she quoted more of Ezek. just for you, her signature would be as long as posts. I think that is a very good scripture and quoting any part of the scripture is a good thing. Nothing she quoted was twisted or taken out of context. You may have a problem with what HFHS or others believe, but leave biblical quotes alone. She could quote the entire volume if it makes you feel better, but what would that prove? Everything in the bible is there for a reason and a purpose and anything quoted directly, is God's word. I am sorry, but I believe it's you that has the problem here.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear AMH, you are obviously quite bright, but brightness can be a sin too you know when it's not properly mixed with mercy and compassion and the simplicity which is in Christ Jesus.

Is the object not to be a fisher of men and hence to deny our grand intellect and speak plainly so that persons needing to hear the good news of Jesus Christ can understand what is being said?

Denying ourselves means also simplifying our intellect into useful, easy-to-understand presentations, so that it is not "just" about us, but being about the Father's business with simplicity unto salvation.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little minds mistake little objects for great ones, and lavish away upon the former that time and attention which only the latter deserve. To such mistakes we owe the numerous and frivolous tribe of insect-mongers, shell-mongers, and pursuers and driers of butterflies, etc. The strong mind distinguishes, not only between the useful and the useless, but likewise between the useful and the curious.

(Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (1694-1773)

"To God's revealed message men must humbly submit.... I believe that this 'let him become a fool' is one of the hardest words of Scripture to the proud hearts and minds of men. Like the brilliant intellectuals of ancient Greece our contemporaries have unbounded confidence in...human reason. They want to think their way to God by themselves, and to gain credit for discovering God by their own effort. But God resists such swellings of pride on the part of the finite creature. Of course men have been given minds to use, and they are never to stifle or smother them, but they must humble them reverently before the revelation of God, becoming in Paul's word 'fools' and in Christ's word 'babes'. It is only babes to whom God reveals himself, and only fools whom he makes wise." Stott, John R.W. The Preacher's Portrait. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdman's, 1961, p. 99.

Interesting to peruse Hermie's attempt at weaving a facade of intellectual superiority through obscure and obtuse invective. I have known those who would walk a mile to travel a foot. Those so enamored with their own intellect that they refuse to post with clarity, substantiation, or substance. Spun sugar with empty air produces a great deal of cotton candy, fluff without substance, sweet to the palate but harmful to the Body.

Definition. Clarity. Substance. Substantiation.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

There is no establishment on this board. David owns and runs this board. He is the sole authority here.

Some of us have been posting here with each other since before this board was here and was on another board and some of consider ourselves a family in christ and do talk with, see, pray for, look out for each other outside this board. We have been through births and deaths and good times and bad together,.Some of us have prayed together and for each other daily for more than 3 years. Walt has eaten in my home; Deb has looked out for my daughter while in DC. Many of us have shared pictures and crafts and books and phone conversations. Some of us have pooled our money to help someone out or sent needed items for someone one of us knew that had a need. As, BA would say we are an internet church whose head is Christ. And so in that sense I am apart of this established family of believers.

quote:
The Greeks were deceived, the Romans were deceived, and Israel was absolutely deceived, I am sure that you would say that the Roman Catholics were deceived. What makes you think that you are not deceived?
I am sure that there are many things in the scriptures that I have to learn. I am sure that there are many things that I think today that need correction or adjustment. But deceived? I know who is Lord of my life and I know who is savior and redeemer of my soul and whose spirit indwells me and seals me and there is nothing under above below on or in the earth or the heavens that can take that from me, and that is for me the bottom line... the place the buck stops, the point where nothing else really matters.

How do you know that you are not deceived?

quote:
I know, because you read the Bible, (or better, someone reads it for you).
That one was very lame. Not at all the caliber of insult that you are capable of.

quote:
Just who do you think has read and studied the Holy Book more than anyone? And he certainly is deceived. Besides, you are willing to change the unchangeable just to meet your ever changing standards.
but he does not have the Holy Spirit to lead him guide him or teach him, does he?

How do you know that you are not decieved AMH?

quote:
(You sign off with the same insipid passage as though you are that prophet. Ezekiel wrote an entire volume, do you quote only what you like? Give us the full Ezekiel not some little tid bit to tide us over until the next great encounter. Do you claim that we are to follow what Ezekiel said or not? If so then boy have you got problems. Why don’t you just drop the Ezekiel stuff while you are ahead?)
While I am ahead of what? Well at least I know why you think I am partial to Ezekiel. Most of your comment above is too foolish to respond to. I realize that you have a problem with people displaying scripture on their signatures. That scripture became my signature when the Lord God almighty spoke to my spirit that it should be proclaimed here. If you have a problem with that you need to take it up with HIM. I have witnessed you to speak on the very same situation here that God was speaking to me about when he gave me that scripture to proclaim. Were you not led by the Spirit in doing so? Now you dare speak against the leading of the Holy Spirit in my life? How do you know you are not deceived AMH? Do you know all things AMH... Is there no darkness in your mirror? No sin? No arrogance or pride? No corruption of your own wisdom? No carnality in your flesh or the mind thereof? No leaning on your own understandings?

Do you like Chaucer?

"The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people."

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

England is a case in point-

Christianity reached even this remote Isle which fell under the arms of the Roman-Roman Catholic hierarchy.

Then because of a certain kingly separation the great divorce took place. After a few royal deaths ensued the “bloody” Mary queen of John Nobody. But Sister Liz took her place and Protestant was well established on the technicality of a few ship wrecks.

Now during this tumultuous time a Foxe of a little book was given. Left out were the numerous Roman deaths due to disbelief and such. You see, England traded one tyrant for another. And the backs of the Pilgrims told the tail ‘o nine.

You want people to believe that you are not susceptible to myths but you give no evidence. To the contrary all the evidence points to your complete and utter capitulation. You want to be accepted? Then turn as does your favorite prophet commands.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

Do you deny that you are a part of the establishment? We can certainly take that one apart if you do.

But why do you think that is?

The Greeks were deceived, the Romans were deceived, and Israel was absolutely deceived, I am sure that you would say that the Roman Catholics were deceived. What makes you think that you are not deceived?

I know, because you read the Bible, (or better, someone reads it for you).

Just who do you think has read and studied the Holy Book more than anyone? And he certainly is deceived. Besides, you are willing to change the unchangeable just to meet your ever changing standards.

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
But I don’t come bearing falsehoods.
I have not seen you bear falsehoods regarding the scripture. I in no way imply that you do.

quote:
Before you opened this “conversation” with me I found several slipups on your part. Then in the last few postings you admit to one, (I asked you to desist at that point) and then another, (guess you were not paying attention-you know-credibility). These last few you give the excuse that it was the only way.
I have no idea what you are saying here. I have not given excuse for anything? What have I in your opinion given excuse for? Where?

quote:
You do not seem able to follow the rules. (What else is there that you would like to confess before I tell you all that your heart desires?)
That I do not know what you are speaking of. What have I confessed? That I must admit some of your points on Mordecai were good ones? That I am not clever enough to always follow your point?

quote:
I think that our “conversation” is over. What do you think, (any scripture that you would like to quote-probably something on forgiveness my guess).
have we had a conversation? I feel that I have sincerely attempted to have a converstion. No scripture comes to mind and I at this point dont see any forgiveness needed by anyone. Tell me my crime and I will ask your forgiveness. I guess I should ask forgiveness for not knowing my crime.

quote:
You seem mighty stuck on Ezekiel, (one of the better Diaspora). Here is some more from the very modern, New Testament type of writing by the good prophet-
based on what does this seem to be?

quote:
“Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.”

Do you like that one helpforhomeschoolers?

I dont understand its application here.

quote:
Just like the Greeks and Romans, Israel was not immune to mythology; they worshipped just like all the other nations round about them. And yes animal worship played a big part. Israel worshipped sheep and dogs and foxes and wild geese and lions etc, etc, etc. (Please do not ask me to prove this, you look foolish enough already), nothing special about Israel.
If I look foolish, it is because I have sincerely attempted to dialog with you who seems to much more interested in communicating his skill at being condescending and insulting to others than in sincerely, honestly and openly communicating his ideas.

Perhaps I have been foolish; but there are worse things to be.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I do not deny that Israel was influenced by Mythology; the entire world was influenced by Greek thought. It did not start with Greece. It began before Nimrod. The Greeks only perpetuated its spread because the languge become common.

Jesus came setting straight much of the mythology that had infiltrated Judaism carried from the time of the disporea into Babylon.

What is your point?

quote:
The peculiar intellect dominated Greece, Rome, Israel, and he the peculiar intellect dominates the nations today.
Yes, agreed, but he does not dominate the mind or the body of the born again Child of God that has his mind renewed with the word.

quote:
There is a very specific reason why the peculiar intellect runs roughshod. But of course, those responsible do not accept what is rightfully theirs.
"I do not blame you stout little ones."?

What exactly is that? Shall I bow now? Please!Perhaps you are demonstrating how the devil works? Maybe the actor is more talented than the sudience realizes?

I hope that is what you are attempting to do and this kind of garbage doesn't really come from your heart!

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Just like the Greeks and Romans, Israel was not immune to mythology; they worshipped just like all the other nations round about them. And yes animal worship played a big part. Israel worshipped sheep and dogs and foxes and wild geese and lions etc, etc, etc. (Please do not ask me to prove this, you look foolish enough already), nothing special about Israel.

The peculiar intellect dominated Greece, Rome, Israel, and he the peculiar intellect dominates the nations today.

There is a very specific reason why the peculiar intellect runs roughshod. But of course, those responsible do not accept what is rightfully theirs. I do not blame you stout little ones.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

But I don’t come bearing falsehoods.

Before you opened this “conversation” with me I found several slipups on your part. Then in the last few postings you admit to one, (I asked you to desist at that point) and then another, (guess you were not paying attention-you know-credibility). These last few you give the excuse that it was the only way.

My, my-

You do not seem able to follow the rules. (What else is there that you would like to confess before I tell you all that your heart desires?)

I think that our “conversation” is over. What do you think, (any scripture that you would like to quote-probably something on forgiveness my guess).

You seem mighty stuck on Ezekiel, (one of the better Diaspora). Here is some more from the very modern, New Testament type of writing by the good prophet-

“Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.”

Do you like that one helpforhomeschoolers?

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

He comes bearing a Sonnet!

AMH:
That you were once unkind befriends me now,
And for that sorrow, which I then did feel,
Needs must I under my transgression bow,

quote:
As per the fall there was in short time set up an apparatus politico. It surrounds us and even exudes from us. Even here at this website lies just beneath eye level the pecking order if you will. The Greeks had it, then the Romans, then the Roman Catholics and then the Protestants, the Protestants a broken clan whose ball bounces to and fro from time to time and tomb to tomb. But even this situation is not lasting as John Nobody longs for the day when the ball returns to him.
For aparatus politico to exist there must be first a fox. We both agree that there is a fox, but there must also be other wild beasts and they must agree with the suppositions of the fox or they must be like the soft goodie sheep who does not know that she can go herself directly before the King because the fox does not keep the kings gate.

I do not agree that in all the situations above you gave as examples aparatus politico exists. Sometimes aparatus politico is presumed by the other beasts who wrongly judge some to be apes or see at first glance a domestic k-9 and perceive him to be a fox. But a fox must be a fox in his mind to be a fox. Domestic animals are rarely cunning though they are often territorial. One should not mistake the barking of a common house dog for the cunning of a fox. They each have very different motivations.

quote:
“So did he good to none, to many ill,/So did he all the kingdom rob and pill,/Yet none durst speak, no none durst of him plain,/So great he was in grace and rich in gain."
This may be, but this comes from a mindset that should not be the mindset of the Christian. Do you agree?

"Let God (said he) if please, care for the manie,
I for my selfe must care before els anie:"

I was struggling with the difference between our view of things and I went back to read some of these posts and I came to this one:

quote:
There is a mind behind this spirit, so called, that even plans ahead for various outcomes. Mainly this spirit mind infiltrates in order to dominate. Usually the dominated are defeated without knowing it. If the defeated knew about the domination they would strive to overcome, (not the sort of thing that would be pleasing to the peculiar intellect).
James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

It would be foolish for a soft goodie sheep to try and outwit the fox, or out run the fox, or hog tie the fox. But the Soft Goodie Sheep can trust the Lion who is no match for the fox.

quote:
Believers are to overcome the wicked one. This often costs. Costs dearly. If you are not willing to pay then certainly you will not play.
Believers can trust the one who has overcome the wicked one. I am not here to fight the devil. I am here to serve the Lord and I do that through obedience to the Lion which is received as loyalty to the King, who does protect his subjects.

The devil has no auhority over the believer and he knows it. The believer needs to know it. Lest she be asking the fox to take her plaint to the King.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

As an unperfect actor on the stage,
Who with his fear is put besides his part,
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage,
Whose strength’s abundance weakens his own heart;
So I for fear of trust forget to say
The perfect ceremony of love’s right [rite],
And in mine own love’s strength seem to decay,
O’ercharged with burden of mine own love’s might:
O let my books be then the eloquence,
And dumb presagers of my speaking breast,
Who plead for love, and look for recompense,
More than that love which [M]ore hath more expressed.
O learn to read what silent love hath writ,
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23)

As per the fall there was in short time set up an apparatus politico. It surrounds us and even exudes from us. Even here at this website lies just beneath eye level the pecking order if you will. The Greeks had it, then the Romans, then the Roman Catholics and then the Protestants, the Protestants a broken clan whose ball bounces to and fro from time to time and tomb to tomb. But even this situation is not lasting as John Nobody longs for the day when the ball returns to him.

“So did he good to none, to many ill,/So did he all the kingdom rob and pill,/Yet none durst speak, no none durst of him plain,/So great he was in grace and rich in gain."
(Edmund Spenser 1591)

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Good. That was what I sought to determine and what I was cautious of. Please forgive me that I was not able to find the words to express that without confusion. This was my whole point in the below.

quote:
“I dont see him as an intellect, but as a spirit being. Intellect does not have material boundries a Spirit being does. We know that Satan is not an intellect, but a spirit being with material boundires as he is able to be chained and thrown into a lake of fire.”

Don’t you get this idea from extending your stance on “literalism”?

A spirit such as Satan cannot be bounded by material of any sort.

Where does God ever give Satan a fleshly body that can be tied up with a physical chain?

The problem here is that “literalism” breaks down as it is applied to the entire Word. (By doing this you begin to lose credibility. My suggestion is that you stop immediately.)

Also, changing the words of our Text is not in keeping with the doctrine of inerrancy. By doing this you must then take the position that the Word as it was first given was inerrant but what we have been given is not inerrant.

Your point is well taken and of course I do not think that Satan can be bound by a physical chain as we know chain that you would tow your car with... again I was trying to determin if you were saying something I had hoped that you were not saying.

Proceed, please. I would like if you would for you to address the question you asked me; Why does Paul say that God will bruise Satan under your feet quickly? Is He already bruised? How do you understand this differently than I?

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

Of course not.

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Do you believe that the peculiar intellect fills the earthly realm the way God fills the universe being in all places that he is simultaneously?
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Modern man suffers from a condescending attitude.

Sometimes modern man overlooks the fact that ancient man was gifted with great capacities. Often times he looks down on the “savage” ancient man.

The peculiar intellect was forced at once to deal with such props as culture, high ideals, art, religion, science, etc. He, the peculiar intellect did not invent these he only uses them.

The goal is to lead man, (ancient and/or modern) away from the truth. It does not matter the spiritual condition, only the destination.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

You wrote-

“I dont see him as an intellect, but as a spirit being. Intellect does not have material boundries a Spirit being does. We know that Satan is not an intellect, but a spirit being with material boundires as he is able to be chained and thrown into a lake of fire.”

Don’t you get this idea from extending your stance on “literalism”?

A spirit such as Satan cannot be bounded by material of any sort.

Where does God ever give Satan a fleshly body that can be tied up with a physical chain?

The problem here is that “literalism” breaks down as it is applied to the entire Word. (By doing this you begin to lose credibility. My suggestion is that you stop immediately.)

Also, changing the words of our Text is not in keeping with the doctrine of inerrancy. By doing this you must then take the position that the Word as it was first given was inerrant but what we have been given is not inerrant.

(The peculiar intellect really loves these two.)

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Yes I understand that I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page; some people see God as an intelligence - an energy field and not a Spirit and so your choice of words made me to procede with caution. I wanted to make sure that you were not denying the reality of the BEING that we call Satan, the Serpent of old. Thank you for clarifying your choice of words. We are not in disagreement.
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

There is a mind behind this spirit, so called, that even plans ahead for various outcomes. Mainly this spirit mind infiltrates in order to dominate. Usually the dominated are defeated without knowing it. If the defeated knew about the domination they would strive to overcome, (not the sort of thing that would be pleasing to the peculiar intellect).

Believers are to overcome the wicked one. This often costs. Costs dearly. If you are not willing to pay then certainly you will not play.

AMH (still crying)

(We will discuss the rest of your thoughtful posting momentarily.)

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Wow! You do have the ability to construct an orderly thought and present it in a way that even a simple minded person can understand it. There is indeed hope.

Let me say to you that I am not attempting sarcasim; if I am sarcastic, it is a remnant of my flesh, as I was once a very sarcastic person, or it is my wierd sort of wry sense of humor. Since I dont know the specific instance that you speak of I will leave that to you to decide. If you feel it was the former rather than the later then I apologize and hope you will accept.

quote:
The peculiar intellect is at his best when a person does not recognize who they are dealing with-

A serpent in the garden
An angel of light
A king of Tyre
A prophet
Even one of the twelve

I dont see him as an intellect, but as a spirit being. Intellect does not have material boundries a Spirit being does. We know that Satan is not an intellect, but a spirit being with material boundires as he is able to be chained and thrown into a lake of fire.

quote:
He, the peculiar intellect, comes to you in sheep’s clothing with “good words and fair speeches” in order to deceive the “hearts of the simple”.
One can be simple: uncomplicated, without guille, humble, harmless, basic and also be prudent and have discernment. Jesus was and Paul encouraged the church to be as did Jesus when he said be wise as serpents and harmless as doves:

Romans 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

It is not being simple that makes one able to be devoured; it is not knowing what God hath said:

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalms 116:6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

quote:
Even though you are trying your hand at sarcasm, you admit that there is a touch of the simple present. Exactly what the peculiar intellect requires to proceed.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I dont fear the enemy. The just shall live by faith.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.8 ¶ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 ¶ But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

But is sometimes a very big word.

quote:
I thought that the “seed of the woman” was going to “bruise” the head of the “serpent”?
I believe that seed of the woman has bruised the head of the serpent. The serpent has no authority in the Born Again child of God. We do not have to mind the things of the flesh. I unlike the un-regenerate or natural man have the ability to walk in the spirit and I dont think that the enemy could be any more bruised on the head than that except perhaps that not only does he have no authority over me as I walk in this earth, but he has no authority over me when this body turns to dust either. I would say that his head is pretty bruised now.

Romans 16:17 ¶ And I call upon you, brethren, to mark those who the divisions and the stumbling-blocks, contrary to the teaching that ye did learn, are causing, and turn ye away from them;

18 for such our Lord Jesus Christ do not serve, but their own belly; and through the good word and fair speech they deceive the hearts of the harmless,

19 for your obedience did reach to all; I rejoice, therefore, as regards you, and I wish you to [b]be wise, indeed, as to the good, and harmless as to the evil and the God of the peace shall bruise the Adversary under your feet quickly; the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen!

quote:
Why then does the Apostle Paul write that God will bruise Satan under our feet in the above passage?
Because heresies must come that the approved be manifest. In Corinth there were heresies and heretics as there are today and they claim to serve Christ but instead they serve themselves. We are not free of the ploys of the enemy; we are not free of the temptations of the enemy... the word here is not "shortly"... as in soon; it is quickly as in expediently)

When we respond as we ought to those the whims of the enemy, God is quick to respond to the enemy with rebuke. It is not us that Has power over the enemy... we do not have authority to rebuke the devil; we have POWER in the HOLY Ghost to resist the Devil and when we do our part GOD is faithful to do HIS and God does rebuke the devil.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The problem today is that we do not assemble; we do not invoke church disipline; we do not mark those who cause division; we do not even get that it is the one with the heresie that does cause division and not the one that marks them or exposes the heresie.

We think and men do teach that we have authority over the devil. We have no such thing! We have ability to resist the devil. We have the ability to mind the things of the spirit and not the flesh. We have the ability to renew our minds and come into ONEness with the sound mind of Christ and not be led by the mind of the flesh. We have the ability to be obedient and walk in the yoke that is not burdensome, but is never the less a yoke. We have the ability to present our bodies living sacrifices to God whom we have sanctified in our hearts. When we do these things God is quick to remind the enemy of where his authority lies and it is not over the sealed child of GOD.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

There can be no debate that men of the stock of ancient Greece such as for example Pythagorean were highly intelligent. These people could discover the atom using only the intellect. It would not be hard to conclude that deceiving them and keeping them deceived would take imagination and intricacy. “Solid” proof would be of foremost importance. On top of that they would need to stay very busy so that they would not have the time to recognize what was being done to them.
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

That is too bad. But there is still hope and help.

The peculiar intellect is at his best when a person does not recognize who they are dealing with-

A serpent in the garden
An angel of light
A king of Tyre
A prophet
Even one of the twelve

He, the peculiar intellect, comes to you in sheep’s clothing with “good words and fair speeches” in order to deceive the “hearts of the simple”.

17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19) For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20) And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. (Romans 16:17-20)

Even though you are trying your hand at sarcasm, you admit that there is a touch of the simple present. Exactly what the peculiar intellect requires to proceed.

AMH

Before signing off I would ask a question of you-

I thought that the “seed of the woman” was going to “bruise” the head of the “serpent”?

Why then does the Apostle Paul write that God will bruise Satan under our feet in the above passage?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement