Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » what I love about having the Holy Spirit as my Comforter

Author Topic: what I love about having the Holy Spirit as my Comforter
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
consider this, without reading any more into it than Scriptures say.
Jesus told all His disciples : lo, I AM with you always, even unto the end of the world.
and : I will never leave you nor forsake you.
and : I AM the GOOD SHEPHERD - the hirelings who work for pay run off when they get scared or offered more money; the GOOD SHEPHERD lays down His Life for His sheep and always guards them.
Hebrews 13:5 AMP biblegateway.com ((triple emphasis on never, never never will I leave you nor abandon you no never))

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen born again. YOu said everything I feel too.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I love about having the Holy Spirit as my Comforter:

The Holy Spirit is so smart and helps me find things around my house (or wherever) by taking me back to that spot hours later or even a day later to the spot where I had left it, before I even knew that I had lost it.

The Holy Spirit it so smart and He knows a LOT MORE THAN I DO(to the nth power in knowledge).

Any human being who realizes that the Holy Spirit is alive should see that it is a smart move to accept the Holy Spirit's offer to being our Counsellor and Comforter:

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

And that son was and is Yahshua-Jesus who, after He had suffered for our sins on the cross, said, "it is expedient that I go away, that I may send you The Comforter":

John 14:16
And I {Yahshua-Jesus} will pray the Father {Yawheh}, and He shall give you {the believers in Jesus} another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you.

He's still talking to believers.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I {Yahshua-Jesus} go away: for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

"How beautiful the hands that served the wine and the bread and the salt of the earth."

May the LORD God of Israel bless all of us on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement