Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The house of Israel never saw the miracles of Jesus

Author Topic: The house of Israel never saw the miracles of Jesus
decibel
Advanced Member
Member # 4737

Icon 7 posted      Profile for decibel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a little of topic, but the things that you, BORN AGAIN, are talking about in regards to the House of Judah and the House of Israel, have floored me.
My eyes recently have been open to these things and about the numerous prophesies pertaining to the reuniting of the 2 houses in the last days. I have been studying very hard into this topic and I have found, really not many people who have ever thought or care to think about this topic. This being the reason I searched out this fourm. I am pressing forward with this topic study and you have encouraged me. Thank you!!

I even started a blog/info site about this topic because I believe it is really important.

--------------------
Trust Me, Not What You See!!
Yeshua

Posts: 21 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible declares that the house of Israel, the ten-tribed northern kingdom of Israel, also known as Ephraim and as Samaria and as Jacob and as Isaac, this house of Israel-Ephraim-Samaria were taken to Assyria:

Hosea 11
1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

2As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed to Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.

Baalism was the peculiar sin of the house of Israel, after the separation into two kingdoms, into the kingdom of Israel and the kingdom of Judah.

Hosea 11
3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.

4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.

5 He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return.

They refused to turn back from the two golden calves and from Baal-ism and remember the LORD God. Therefore the LORD God sent the Assyrians who took the house of Israel to Assyria in 721 B.C.

But the Bible declares that after that, the house of Israel shall become wanderers among the nations:

The Bible declares that the house of Israel, the ten-tribed northern kingdom of Israel, also known as Ephraim and as Samaria and as Jacob and as Isaac, this house of Israel-Ephraim-Samaria were taken to Assyria:

Hosea 11
1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

2As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed to Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.

Baalism was the peculiar sin of the house of Israel, after the separation into two kingdoms, into the kingdom of Israel and the kingdom of Judah.

Hosea 11
3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.

4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.

5 He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return.

They refused to turn back from the two golden calves and from Baal-ism and remember the LORD God. Therefore the LORD God sent the Assyrians who took the house of Israel to Assyria in 721 B.C.

But the Bible declares that after that, the house of Israel shall become wanderers among the nations:

Hosea 9:17
My God will cast them away, because they did not listen to Him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

Ezekiel 4:13
And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles where I will drive them.

Ezekiel applies also to the house of Judah, which joined the house of Israel among the Gentiles after 70 A.D.

Hosea 8:8
Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.

Right now, the kingdom of God of the LORD God of Israel is currently with the Church only.

But the day will still come, and not many Christians talk about it, when the LORD will cause the graves of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, and apparently also of the proselytes to the faith of Jesus, and the LORD will open the graves of the house of Israel among the Gentiles and of the houe of Judah among the Gentiles and they shall come up out of their graves[/b], and they shall come into the land of Israel:

Ezekiel 37
11 Then he said to me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: look, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and have brought you up out of your graves..

14 And I shall put My spirit in you, and you shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall you know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, says the LORD.

I used to think that Ezekiel 37:11-14 referred to 1948 when Israel “became a nation again” and a number of persons from the house of Judah and perhaps also from the house of Israel, almost “miraculously received a nation in 1948.”

But nowadays I think it will a much bigger event than that, it will be a resurrection day of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah and of the proselytes to the faith of Jesus of the Gentiles, to actually have their literal graves opened” and they “come up out of their graves” literally.

That event has not happened yet. Will Christians get to miss that if they are raptured up 7 years ahead of that day, Watcher?

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Last night I was reading in Ezekiel, and it seems that the notion that the house of Israel and the house of Judah always referred to two different houses, that notion breaks down somewhat in Ezekiel.

In particular, in Ezekiel 8 it states the following:

Ezkiel 8
1 And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me.

2Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber.

3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

4And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

5Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

7 And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.

8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.

9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.

10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel portrayed upon the wall round about.

11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.

12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

In this whole passage, the house of Israel is portrayed as being in Jerusalem, and in v.17, the house of Israel and the house of Judah swap places as if they are identical. Very strange.

This is especially odd since in Ezekiel 1, it is stated that Ezekiel's visions began in the 5th year of the captivity of King Jehoiachin of Judah:

Ezekiel 1
2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity.

This is all the more surprising since Ephraim-Israel had already been captive in Assyria for some 120 years by the fifth year of Jehoiachin's captivity to Babylon, and even after Jeroboam I, Ephraim-Israel had nothing to do with Judah except for a few alliances. So these references to the house of Israel as if they were still doing abominable stuff in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem are very odd.

God bless, [Cross]

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

(Adapted from Judah’s Sceptre and Joseph’s Birthright, by J.H. Allen, circa 1902, available online for about $29, or read it for free at www.biblestudy.org.)

THE BRITISH

"Thus says the LORD, the Holy One: In the time of favor {grace} have I heard you, and in the day of salvation {the Christian era} have I helped you: and I will preserve you, and I will appoint you, as a people of the covenant, to establish the earth, to cause {you} to inherit the desolate heritages." (Isa. 49:8)

In this quotation we have, for the sake of clearness, followed in part both the King James and the Isaac Leeser translations. The italicized phrase is from Leeser, and is remarkable for its clearness, especially in its use of the article "a" before people, because Ephraim-Israel, although not all the people, is distinctly a people of the covenant; and as a people of the covenant she is appointed to establish, populate, or cause to be inhabited, the desolate, uninhabited places of the earth.

These desolate localities are given to Israel as an inheritance, and she has needed them in fulfilling the destiny of the Birthright Kingdom of Israel -- that of becoming many nations, or a company of nations.

The word covenant as used in the phrase as a people of the covenant is the Hebrew word Beriyth, which in Judges 8:33 and 9:4 is used as a proper name, and, for that reason, it is simply transferred into the English text without being translated. It is given there as the name of an idol of Israel, namely Baal-beriyth, and means Baal of (the) covenant.

In Hebrew, the word ish means man. Also, in Hebrew are no original vowels, but in its Anglicized form retains the vowel i to preserve the y sound, and we have Brith, which, joined with ish is Brith-ish, and means "a covenant man." Today the BRIT-ISH people, or men of the covenant, are called Britons, and are dwelling in the British Isles.

We are also told that the people of Wa-els {Wales} call themselves, in ancient Welsh, "Bryth y Brithan," from which comes Britain which means "the covenanters" of "land of the covenant." The form of the phrase is almost vernacular Hebrew.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Thank you, brother Thunderz7, for that addition.

I'm still leaning in the following, long-winded direction.

Isaiah 58:12
And they that shall be of You shall build the old waste places: You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and You shall be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

What breach? The breach of the royal line from the "Pharez" or "breach" line to a joint royal rule by males of the low-Zarah line with the females of the high Pharez line, ruling over the house of Israel until Shiloh comes.

Yashua-Jesus is Shiloh and He will cause the house of Israel and the house of Judah to come up out of their graves among the Gentile nations where they be gone.

At that time, Yahshua-Jesus shall become the repairer of the breach, because he will repair the breach that was made in the royal line at Pharez because Pharez's name means "breach".

Yahshua-Jesus came from the Pharez line and NOT from the joint Pharez-Zarah line, by way of Judah-Tamar-David-Josiah-Jehoiakim-Jehoiachin (called Jeconias in the Greek NT):

Matthew 1
11 And Josias begatJechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon.

Jeremiah 52
31 And it came to pass in the 37th year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the 12th month, in the 25th day of the month, that King Evilmerodach of Babylon in the first year of his reign lifted up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah, and brought him forth out of prison.

32And spoke kindly to him {Jehoiachin}, and set his throne above the throne of the kings who were with him in Babylon.

33 And changed his prison garments: and he {Jehoiachin} did continually eat bread before him all the days of his life.

34 And for his diet, there was a continual diet given him of the king of Babylon, every day a portion until the day of his death, all the days of his life.

Then the NT records that Jehoiachin, or Jechonias, had children, like Salatiel:

Matthew 1
12And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel.

And so on... until ...the Messiah Yahshua was born of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-Jehoiakim-Jehoiachin (Jechonias in the NT).

Matthew 1
15 ... And {so}, Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary (Miriam), of whom was born {Yashua}-Jesus who is called the Messiah (Christ in Greek).

Yahshua-Jesus thus came from the royal line of Jehoiachin after King Evilmerodach of Babylon lifted Jehoiachin head up out of prison and kept him alive with a portion of food rom the king of Babylon’s storehouse.

2 Kings 24
15 For Nebuchadnezzar had taken Jehoiachin captive to Babylon. And he had also takentook from Jerusalem to Babylon the king's mother, his wives, his officials and the leading men of the land.

17 And the king of Babylon made Mattaniah, Jehoiachin's father's brother {i.e., the brother of Jehoiachin's father Jehoiakim, king in his place and changed his name to Zedekiah.

So now the royal line is the Judah-Tamar-David-Pharez-Josiah-Mattaniah line (a brother of Jehoiakim renamed Zedekiah} and the daughters of this royal line of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-Mattaniah (son of Josiah and brother to Jehoiakim and renamed Zedekiah), of this royal line were daughters with Jeremiah at Tahpanhes in Misr Egypt.

The males or sons of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-Mattaniah (Zedekiah) had all been slain by Nebuchadnezzar and Zedekiah’s eyes had been put out until Zedekiah died in Babylon:

2 Kings 25:7
They killed the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes. Then they put out his eyes, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon.

Jeremiah was told to "build and plant" and Jeremiah most likely married these daughters of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-Mattaniah (Zedekiah) to males of the Judah-Tamar-Zarah twin-brother line to Pharez, who were at that time in Ireland and in Scotland and in England, in what the Old Testament calls the isles of the sea.

But when Yashua-Jesus returns, the house of Israel and the house of Judah and hopefully the Gentile proselytes will come up out of their graves and then the breach in the royal line will again be restored to the Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-Jehoiakim-Jehoiachin royalline from which came our Lord Yahshua-Jesus Christ, and then the breach will be repaired because Yahshua-Jesus is from that same royal line and will therefore be called the repairer of the breach.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
this is the sceptre that shall not depart from Judah until SHILOH COME.
While the tabernacle was at Shiloh this prophecy had its first fulfilment.
A "breach" was made in the line of Judah/David, when Israel demanded a king and YHWH gave them Saul, a Benjamite, as king.
After one generation the "breach" was bridged as David of Judah took the scepter of King of Judah and King of Israel.

This prophecy/blessing will be fulfilled again as Shiloh will come again, this time the scarlet thread will be evident and the Judah/David line is not breached but fulfilled.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

(Adapted from the book Judah’s Sceptre and Joseph’s Birthright, by J.H. Allen, written around 1902 A.D.)

The prophet Ezekiel, still using the symbols of the riddle, explains as follows:

"Thus says the LORD God, I will take of the dhighest branch of the high cedar, and will set it." (Ezek. 17:22)

This “highest branch of the high cerdar” is a scion of the Judah-Tamair-Zarah branch (the twin brother of Judah-Tamar-Pharez branch) who went to the isles of the sea along with portions of the house of Israel in ships of Dan when King Tiglath-pileser of Assyria came against Israel.

The prophet Ezekie then proceeds to say:
"I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will PLANT it upon a high mountain and eminent." (v. 22)

This is the second taking of royal branches, but this time it is from the top, meaning from the ruling branch, or the Judah-Tamar-Pharez branch.

And what is taken from the "top" one whose right it is to rule is a "tender one." That is, it is a tender young girl, the daughters of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-Josiah-Zedekiah came in the riddle in transport ship Number 2, with Jeremiah.

Where was she planted?

Ezekiel 17:23
In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.

What, ISRAEL? Yes, Israel, because Judah had gone into Babylonian captivity; King Zedekiah’s eyes were put out, and he died in chains in a Babylonian prison; his sons the princes are dead; only King's Zedekiah’s daughters have escaped out of Jerusalem; and they are with Jeremiah.

These king’s daughters from the top of tender twigs is “the tender one” planted in the height of the mountains of Israel, i. e., ON THE THRONE.

"And it [that which was planted] shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; and in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell." (Ezek. 17:23)

The meaning of the bolded parts clearly refers to the mixed population which Israel, of necessity, had gathered while being sifted through other countries.

The prophet Ezekiel further declares:

"And all the trees of the field, (i.e., all the people of that kingdom of Israel), shall know that I, the LORD, have brought down the HIGH tree, and have exalted the LOW tree, and have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish. I the LORD have spoken it and have DONE it." (Ezek. 17:24).

"Done what?" Brought down the HIGH from the throne of the Judah-Tamar-Pharez line, and exalted the LOW of the Judah-Tamar-Zarah line to the throne.

"What else did the LORD do?"

(1) The LORD had made the long-foretold breach, which was the name of “Pharez” or “breach”.

(2) the LORD had remembered His covenant with David, that David would “forever fail to have a seed sitting on the throne of Israel”;

(3) And the LORD kept faith with Jeremiah, that Jeremiah would “root up” and “pull down” and “destroy”, but Jeremiah would also “build” and “plant”.

These trees were royal cedars, and the Judah-Tamar-Pharez-Zedekiah’s daughters line married the Judah-Tamar-Zarah males which now also is the "spreading vine of LOW stature" of the riddle, and since a royal princess of the Judah-Tamar-Pharez-Zedekiah line found her way to the land of the "vine of LOW stature".

And there she united her interests with his interests, namely, "that he might water the furrows of her plantation," (Ezek. 17:7).

And we are safe to say that the LORD God has taken the crown off the head of Zedekiah, the high of the Pharez line, and has placed the crown on the head of a prince of Zarah, the low, to whom one of Zedekiah's daughters, the surviving heir of the crown and sceptre promise, made her way, in the company with Jeremiah who was with them in Egypt at Tahpanhes, and who had charge of the royal paraphernalia.

And so Jeremiah “planted” them in the isles of the sea of Ireland and Scotland and England, and accomplished his divine commission to plant and build anew the plucked-up and overthrown kingdom of David.

Jesus Christ came through the line of Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-his son Jehoiachin, but Jesus did not come through the breach of Zedekiah.

The breach ran through Judah-Tamar-Pharez-David-Josiah-his son Zedekiah, to the breach. So the two branches of the Judah-Pharez-David line diverge after Josiah.

The Josiah-his son Jehoiachin eventually gave birth to the Messiah Yashua-Jesus.

And the Josiah-his son Zedekiah line, after uniting with the twin brother line of Zarah the Scarlet Thread, are still holding the throne and sceptre of Judah and are still raising up seed unto their forefathers Judah and David; so that there never has failed one of David's children to sit upon the throne of Israel as rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob-Israel, and this is the sceptre that shall not depart from Judah until SHILOH COME.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

The LORD gave Abram and Abraham and Isaac-Rebekah 5 unconditonal promises: that they would become (1) "a multitude of people" and (2) "many nations" and (3) "kings shall come out of them" and that they would (4) "possess the gate of your enemies" and that they would (5) "possess a portion of the land of Canaan."

On his deathbed, Jacob gave the unconditional promise that “kings shall come of them/including King Messiah” to Judah:

Genesis 49:10
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

1 Chronicles 5:2
For Judah prevailed above his brethren and of him came the chief ruler; but the birthright was Joseph's.

But Jacob gave the rest of the unconditional promises to to Joseph/Ephraim-Israel:

1 Chronicles 5:1
Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel (for he was the firstborn; but forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is therefore not to be reckoned after the birthright.

Genesis 48:20
And {Jacob} blessed them that day, saying, In you shall Israel bless, saying, God make you as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

These so-called "birthright promises” were unconditional in that they did not depend on how good or bad the tribes were, but they were guaranteed to be fulfilled by the unilateral promise of the LORD Himself. “By Myself have I sworn”, He said to Abram and Abraham.

But the ten tribes of Ephraim-Israel-Samaria who were the holders of the remaining "birthright promises" were to become "wanderers among the nations":

Hosea 9:17
My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

The LORD further said that Ephraim-Israel would forget who they were while among the nations:

Hosea 2:6
Therefore, behold, I will hedge up your way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths.

But the LORD did say that they could be fished for and hunted and that that way they could be found:

Jeremiah 16:16
Behold, I will send for many fishers, says the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

For the LORD said that the tribe of Dan would be like a serpent along the way and would set up waymarks by which we could hunt them and find the house of Israel:

Genesis 49:17
Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Jeremiah 31:21
Set up waymarks, make yourself high heaps: set your heart toward the highway, even the way which you went: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.

After Assyria had weakened and Nineveh was destroyed, the house of Israel apparently fled from Assyria and went north through the Caucasus Pass and ended up on the north side of the Caucasus Pass.

Remembering that in Hebrew there were no vowels, the name “Dan” would be “D-n” and “any variations thereof. And when we look at Europe, Europe is just littered with place names containing D-n and Dan and Don and Dun.

From Russia to the Atlantic Ocean, we find the Don river, the Dnieper river and the Danube river, and Danemark (which anciently also included Sweden and Norway), and numerous Dons and Dans and Duns in England and Ireland and Scotland, like Dun-kirk, Lon-don, E-din-burgh, the river Don and the Danaans of Ireland.

Also the name Saxon is almost certainly an abbreviation of Isaac-son or "sons of Isaac" or Sax-sons or Saxons and the Anglo-Saxons.

Like a snake twisting along on the ground and leaving his marks along the way, Dan showed us where the house of Israel went.

And where the house of Israel apparently went was into the isles of the sea, namely into Ireland and Scotland and England:

Isaiah 24:15
Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

Isaiah 42:10
Sing unto the LORD a new song and his praise from the end of the earth, you that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles and the inhabitants thereof.

It is well-known that Ephraim-Israel was turned to idols, and also to Baal, so that there were places names in Israel of Baal-meon, Baal-gad, Baal-shalisha, and many more.

In Ireland too are many Baal names, like Baal-y-gowan, and Baal-y-Nahinsh, and Baal-y-Castell, and many more.

But, it gets more interesting. The LORD raised up Jeremiah to "root out" and “pull down” and “throw down” but also to “build” and to “plant”:

Jeremiah 1:10
See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

And his contemporary Ezekiel further writes that the LORD would “overturn, overturn, overturn”:

Ezekiel 21:27
I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Jeremiah oversaw the “pulling down” of the last 4 kings of Judah, namely Josiah, Jeconiah, Jehoiakim and Zedekiah. But where did Jeremiah build and plant?

King Zedekiah was from the Judah-Tamar Pharez line, but Pharez had a twin brother names Zarah and the peculiar birth of these twins is for some curious reason recorded in the OT.

When it was time to be born, Zarah stuck his arm out and the midwife attached a scarlet or red string to his arm, and then Zarah pulled his arm back and Pharez was born first. From Pharez, as the firstborn, came the kings and also Jesus Christ.

The name Zarah means “seed” and the name Pharez means “breach”, prophetically anticipating that there would eventually be a “breach” in this man’s future. This “breach” finally came when King Zedekiah of Judah-Tamar Pharez became the last king of the Pharez line to sit upon the throne of David.

But the LORD had promised David that someone of his seed would sit upon the throne of Israel forever.

Now it turns out that Zedekiah’s sons were slain by Nebuchadnezzar and Zedekiah’s eyes were poked out, but King Zedekiah’s daughters were with Jeremiah among the remnant left in the land of Judah:

Jeremiah 43
5 But Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces, took the remnant of Judah, that were returned from all nations, whither they had been driven, to dwell in the land of Judah;

6Even men, and women, and children, and the king's daughters, and every person that Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard had left with Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Jeremiah the prophet, and Baruch the son of Neriah.

7 And they came into the land of Egypt: for they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: thus came they even to Tahpanhes.

King Zedekiah’s daughters of the Judah-Tamar-David-Zedekiah were with Jeremiah!
For another curious reason, Ezekiel further sets forth a riddle in which those who are “high” will be “brought low” and those who are “low” will be brought “low”, part of which is as follows:

Ezekiel 17
24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.

Zarah had five sons:
1 Chronicles 2:6
And the sons of Zerah: Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.

It may have been this Zimri who overthrew King Baasha of Israel, but in any event, it appears that the Judah-Tamar Zarah branch had either stayed with Israel and had gone in ships of Dan to the isles of the sea and arrived there as the [i]Tuatha de Danaan[/b], one of the first groups to appear in the murky history of Ireland.

Jeremiah must have taken the “high” Judah-Tamar-Pharez King Zedekiah royal daughters to Ireland, where he married them to the “low” Judah-Tamar-Zarah branch, which later became the royal house of Ireland, Scotland and England, and in this way, David had a “seed ruling over the house of Israel forever”.

Much, much more can be said, such as the scarlet or red thread or red stripe appearing in all the standards and flags and ensigns of England, and England "became a multitude of people" and became "many nations" and "possessed the gate of their enemies", especially in the 1800s and first half of the 1900s when "the sun never set on the English Empire", and how "Manasseh spun off Ephraim (England) and became America", and the symbols on America's one dollar bill, but this will do for this installment.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear DaughterAnn, you write
quote:
So, just thinking about the tribes with Judah, maybe this makes sense why I can only remember a very few people in the NT who make mention of their tribe.
Absolutely and great observation. I’m learning this stuff recently myself from a book called Judah’s Sceptre and Joseph’s Birthright, by J.H. Allen, first published around 1902, and available apparently online for about $29. It also can be read for free by typing in the title in Google.
quote:
And family, from the tribe of Judah. Zecharias and Elizabeth, both from Levi (which makes John the Baptizer also from Levi), and Paul, who is a Benjamite. They are all of the "house of Judah"? Very interesting. {Bold emphasis by BORN AGAIN}
Re the bolded part, absolutely. And very interesting indeed.[quote] (As a side note, do you find it interesting that Mary, from Judah and Elizabeth, of Levi are cousins? From different tribes, yet cousins.[quote]Actually, I think the world translated “cousins” simply means “kinsperson”.

DaughterAnn
Advanced Member
Member # 2055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaughterAnn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this explaination. I'll have to really go search this out. I've never seen this before. (Isn't the depth of His Word marvellous?)

So, just thinking about the tribes with Judah, maybe this makes sense why I can only remember a very few people in the NT who make mention of their tribe. Jesus, and family, from the tribe of Judah. Zecharias and Elizabeth, both from Levi (which makes John the Baptizer also from Levi), and Paul, who is a Benjamite. They are all of the "house of Judah"? Very intersting.

(As a side note, do you find it interesting that Mary, from Judah and Elizabeth, of Levi are cousins? From different tribes, yet cousins. I wondered, what do you get when you have a family that is both priest and king? Melchi-Tzadek? Jesus? Maybe that's a thought for a different thread.)

--------------------
DaughterAnn †

"Isaiah 6:
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Posts: 60 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear DaughterAnn, you write
quote:
So, are you saying that the "lost sheep of Israel" did not include Judah, even though Judah is a tribe/child of Israel?
On his deathbed in Egypt, Jacob said to Ephraim and Manasseh, "Let my name be named upon them", meaning his name "Israel" would be retained by the northern kingdom of Israel, while the southern kingdom became Judah:

"He blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God who fed me all my life long unto this day, the angel who redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name [Israel] be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth." (Gen. 48:15-16)

Judah was joined by Benjamin and Levi and those few who came out of the northern kingdom of Israel and they strengthened Judah. But the rest stayed and formed the 10-tribed northern kingdom of Israel.

Because Judah had the unconditonal "kings/Messiah" promise, Judah had one continuous line of kings from the same Davidid family, out of whom came the Messiah.

But the 10-tribed kingdom of Israel was taken around 721 B.C. to Assyria, and after Assyria was weakened by a coalition of Chaldean Babylonia and Media, 10-tribed Israel almost certainly went through the Caucacus Pass into the wilderness of Europe and became "wanderers among the nations":

Hosea 9:17 (KJV)
My God shall cast them away because they did not listen to Him; and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

When Israel had offended the LORD, Judah still found favor with the LORD:

Hosea 11:12
Ephraim compasses me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet rules with God, and is faithful with the saints.

Hosea 1:6-7
"I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel. But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God."

Hosea 4:15
Though you, Israel, play the harlot, yet let not Judah offend; and come not ye unto Gilgal, neither go ye up to Bethaven, nor swear, The LORD lives.

Here are some more examples:

"Behold the days come, says the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel, and to the house of Judah." (Jer. 33:14)

"For the children of Israel, and the children of Judah have only done evil before Me from their youth.” (Jer. 32:30)

"For as a girdle cleaves to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto Me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, says the LORD; that they might to Me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory; but they would not hear." (Jer. 13:11)

"And the LORD said to me, Backsliding Israel has justified herself more than treacherous Judah." (Jer. 3:11)

"When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria, for they commit falsehood," (Hosea 7:1). (NOTE: All these refer only to the northern kingdom, not to Judah.)

After the Babylonian captivity, Judah returned to their cities in Judah, but the former territory of Israel-Ephraim-Samaria was now occupied by "Samaritan" transplants whom Assyrian King Shalmaneser had placed there, and these "Samaritans" were still in the land until 70 A.D. and Israel NEVER RETURNED to their territory, while Judah returned to Judah's CITIES:

"Now when the adversaries of Judah and Benjamin heard that the children of the captivity builded the temple unto the Lord God of Israel," (Ezra 4:1).

Nehemiah 11:20
And the residue of Israel, of the priests, and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, every one in his inheritance.

Ezekiel 37
"Moreover, thou son of man, take one stick and write upon it, for Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it for Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.

NOTE above that Judah has with him "the children of Israel his companions", which refers to Benjamin and Levi (Levi came out of Israel and joined Judah after Jeroboam made priests of the lowest of the people) and also those few children of Israel who wanted to continue to worship the LORD came out of Israel; together these were Judah's "children of Israel his companions".

Like Joseph had "all the (remaining) house of Israesl" with him as "his companions".

For this reason, the OT can still say:

Nehemiah 11:20
And the residue of Israel, of the priests, and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, every one in his inheritance.

But the vast majority of time, the distinction between "Israel" and "Judah" holds true and must be
kept in mind when studying the Bible.

Israel was taken captive to Assyria and when Assyria was weakened and Nineveh destroyed, the captives of Israel almost certainly passed thru the Caucasus Pass to start becoming "wanderers among the nations". Israel never has returned from among the nations and is still in the nations..

And after 70 A.D., the remnant of Judah who did not die were sold as slaves into the nations and now the house of Israel is joined among the nations by the house of Judah.

When Yahshua-Jesus came into Judah, the house of Israel was still among the nations, so the house of Judah NEVER GOT TO SEE THE MIRACLES which Yahshua did in Judah and in Galilee.

Yahshua had come to call Judah one more time to repentance, but when the vast majority of Judah rejected Him, He said, "Your house is left unto you desolate" and "the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and given to a nation which shall bring forth the fruits thereof".

Which nation was this? It must be the house of Israel which is dispersed among the nations, augmented by proselytes from the Gentiles:

"I scattered them among the heathen and they were dispersed through the countries . . . and when they entered into the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God, I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name . . . and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land," (Ezek. 36:19-24).

"When the Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. Ye shall seek me and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come. Then said the Jews {i.e. Judah} among themselves, ‘Whither will he go that we cannot find him? "Will he go to the dispersed among the Gentiles? " (John 7:32-35).

"Behold I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish for them; and after I will send many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and from out of the holes of the rocks. For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and abominable things. "

Jesus said: "I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19, Mark 1:17)

"Go to the lost sheep of the HOUSE of Israel." (Matt. 10:6)

Among the nations, the house of Israel will take the bait and will be fished.

"Behold I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably [marginal reading: speak friendly to her heart] unto her. And it shall be in that day saith the Lord that thou shalt call me Ishi [my husband] and shall call me no more Baali [my master]. For I will take the names of Baalim [plural of Baal] out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their names," (Hosea 2:14, 16, 17).

"Thus saith the Lord, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel." (Jer. 31:2)

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Lastly, look at Hosea 1:

4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel, in the valley of Jezreel.

6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.

8 Now when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.

9 Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, You are not my people {i.e., Lo-ammi}, there it shall be said unto them, [b]You are the sons of the living God {i.e., ammi, with "Lo" being the Hebrew negative "not"}.

Among the nations, the house of Israel is taking the bait and are "becoming Sons of the Living God through Jesus Christ", augmented by proselytes from the Gentiles.

DaughterAnn
Advanced Member
Member # 2055

Icon 20 posted      Profile for DaughterAnn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a new thought for me.

So, are you saying that the "lost sheep of Israel" did not include Judah, even though Judah is a tribe/child of Israel?

I understand the kingdom split. But when Israel is referred to in the NT, you're saying that they are not talking about the tribe of Judah or even the kingdom of Judah, but the kingdom of Israel only?

I've just always thought that whenever Israel was referrenced, it included all tribes and both kingdoms.
(Please be patient with me... this one is a new one for me.)

--------------------
DaughterAnn †

"Isaiah 6:
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Posts: 60 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

JohnStevenson writes
quote:
This is a general truth to which there were evidently some noteable exceptions. For example, in Luke 2 we read of Anna who was in Jerusalem and who was from one of those 10 scattered tribes (Luke 2:36).
Actually, when the split occurred and Jeroboam I set up the calves in Bethel and Dan, Benjamin remained with Judah and also Levi came out of the northern kingdom because Jeroboam had made priests out of the lowest of the people.

IN ADDITION, those persons living in the northern 10-tribed kingdom of Israel who wanted to continue to worship the LORD God, CAME OUT OF the northern kingdom of Israel and became part of Judah and were practically absorbed into the kingdom of Judah:

2 Chronicles 11:11-17
"For the Levites left their suburbs and their possessions, and came to Judah and Jerusalem: for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the priest's office unto the LORD."

"And he ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made. And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice to the LORD God of their fathers. So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah, and made Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, strong."

However, this group of people coming out of the northern kingdom of Israel can only have been a small number because the vast majority of the people stayed to form the northern kingdom of Israel.

JohnStevenson
Community Member
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnStevenson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
The house of Israel was taken to Assyria in 721 BC and later dispersed into the nations from which the house of Israel has not yet returned to the land of Israel.

This is a general truth to which there were evidently some noteable exceptions. For example, in Luke 2 we read of Anna who was in Jerusalem and who was from one of those 10 scattered tribes (Luke 2:36).

--------------------
John Stevenson
http://JohnStevenson.net

Posts: 12 | From: South Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear wparr, yes, I see what you are saying. However, Jesus said to the house of Judah:

Matthew 23:38
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

And:

John 1:11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

And:

Matthew 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The house of Judah would reject Him, but the house of Israel in the nations would accept Him.

Jeremiah 16:16
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

Matthew 4:19
And he said to them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

John 7:35
Then said the Jews among themselves, Where will he go, that we shall not find him? Will he go to the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

Acts 18:6
And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean; from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Jeremiah 3:12
Thus saith the LORD, The people who were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel.

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel 36:19
And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

And Hosea prophesied concerning the same people, saying that in the place where it shall be said unto them, "You are Lo-ammi, or not the people of God" (Hosea 1:9), there it shall be said to them "Ammi" or "You are the sons of the living God." (v. 10)

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 15:24
(24) But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Semes like God's Word sees it differently.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 10:5-8
(5) These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;
(6) but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(7) "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
(8) "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

The house of Israel was taken to Assyria in 721 BC and later dispersed into the nations from which the house of Israel has not yet returned to the land of Israel.

It was in the house of Judah that the Messiah Yahshua -Jesus appeared and did His miracles.

Since the house of Israel was in the nations at the time of Yahshua's appearance in Judah, the house of Israel never got to see the miracles which Jesus did.

Indeed, like the Gentiles around them, the house of Israel learned of the miracles of Yahshua-Jesus only through the reading of the New Testament.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement